Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I have slight deja vu from Synthesis for some reasons.

edit
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005957
Q01Ml8y.png

Replica Elder Voltaxic Boogaloo?
new orbs, just what we need...

edit2 dead thread boogaloo

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3004681
We've revealed that it features enhancements to Path of Exile's endgame, a new challenge league and new ways to build characters, through skills and balance changes

While we can't reveal the details just yet, you can expect new endgame content and rewards, a new combat-focused in-area challenge league, balance changes, new items and more.

edit3 oh my, what a hype...
BTW. new league name - Ritual
also Echoes of the Atlas
BytSlVy.png

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think the elemental resonance gem sounds like fun (run two skills, or just do some weird conversion with one?). The inquisitor melee/caster hybrid seems cool too, but I doubt it will be good with low tier gear.

Reworking/rebalancing all the ascendancies will pretty much guarantee I will find a build to play I'm excited to play for this expansion.

Perkel

Arcane
Path of Exile goes chinese fantasy expansion.

I guess this is one way to fix powercreep...

Absinthe

Arcane
Occultist Profane Bloom is getting nerfed I see. I guess using Doedre's Skin to plant anywhere from 6 to 9 curses on enemies (and end up with +48-+72% of non-chaos damage added as extra chaos) was a bit too good.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I felt that they put more grind into everything but jfc what a mess.
Yeah, with this new system you need to grind a lot more. You need to, like, kill map bosses for it. A lot of them. What a mess.
I mean, to kill a conqueror after the "first go" you need to do like 10 maps. Sounds like you need about the same amount to do a maven encounter.

But yeah, I also got the feeling that a lot of the added stuff will mostly be relevant to people who put 100+ hours into each league.

Goldschmidt

Learned
huh... so... it could be possible to spec into alva and do endless incursion and have some nice stuff even in ssf?

In each conqueror map area you will be able to spec into a certain map mod or master mission. Choices will have to be made though. I amnot sure you will be able to do endless incursion, but if you spec into incursion you will get bonuses while doing incursion.

Chris mentioned that people will get the opportunity to run the content they like the most. Secretly he hopes that players will trade content specific items with eachother. A pipedream I think, sadly.

Gerrard

Arcane
Hierophant's reworked Conviction of Power is :prosper:
Maybe they will buff Tulfall.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Elementalist changes are nice. You can now do ignite build that has both guaranteed ignite and guaranteed shock with 0 nodes into ignite and shock chance. Not to mention it has additional 40% more elemental damage ability.
You can pump shock effectiveness and do crazy ignite damage...

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Still sad that Elementalist is Ignite only, not Fire damage over time multi. Not being able to run RF/Scorching Ray/Flamewall as Witch seems weird imo, as you are still forced to either run Chietain or Trickster, with no option in between.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Still sad that Elementalist is Ignite only, not Fire damage over time multi. Not being able to run RF/Scorching Ray/Flamewall as Witch seems weird imo, as you are still forced to either run Chietain or Trickster, with no option in between.
You will have enough of non ignite bonus damage that you can run SR with ignite. Pure fire Dot might also be worth if you got a way to apply shock easily.

ADL

Prophet
Any word of actually condensing what's in the game for PoE2? I don't play much and only watch the league reveals whenever they put them out most times but even two years ago, I felt overwhelmed. There's been a billion things added since then so I'm apprehensive to even start playing again.

Pretty sure this is how people feel about Warframe but at least Warframe isn't on a league timer.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Any word of actually condensing what's in the game for PoE2? I don't play much and only watch the league reveals whenever they put them out most times but even two years ago, I felt overwhelmed. There's been a billion things added since then so I'm apprehensive to even start playing again.

Pretty sure this is how people feel about Warframe but at least Warframe isn't on a league timer.
Not so far. We can hope they do something for PoE 2.0 as this is a common complaint. Even I that play almost every league feel lost often and irritated by so many mechanics. I don't even bother with most beyond just killing extra few mobs (if they got that).

Baron Dupek

Arcane

since when they give hideouts for doing challenges?

My best (before burning out) was doing 24 in Heist and all I got is some cat.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You will have enough of non ignite bonus damage that you can run SR with ignite. Pure fire Dot might also be worth if you got a way to apply shock easily.
Whether or not you have ~20-30% more damage does matter, quite a bit actually. Yes, all builds that can ignite can utilize the shock. But the builds mentioned do not go crit, nor do they have any reason to get increased ailment application chance anywhere, and thus they lack a decent way of applying shocks or chills reliably. As such the elementalist will be nigh useless for some of the most iconic fire damage over time builds. Which is sad.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Whether or not you have ~20-30% more damage does matter, quite a bit actually. Yes, all builds that can ignite can utilize the shock. But the builds mentioned do not go crit, nor do they have any reason to get increased ailment application chance anywhere, and thus they lack a decent way of applying shocks or chills reliably. As such the elementalist will be nigh useless for some of the most iconic fire damage over time builds. Which is sad.
Did you see the new Ascendancy for Elementalist? Now you get guaranteed shock with any damage and more shock if you do it with lighting damage. If you are going to be doing Orb of Storms for EE you will get guarateed shock as well. You just need to stack shock effectivness for lots of bonus damage. You will get more than what Trickster or Chieftain get.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
You just need to stack shock effectivness for lots of bonus damage.
Ah yes, let me just quickly grab all those shock effectiveness nodes on my fire-damage caster so I can improve its damage. Without investment, you're looking at a 18.75% more multi from shock. Might be slightly more, depending on what the small ascendancy node leading up to Shaper of Storms grants. I fail to see how this is more damage bonus than Trickster, which has flat 20% more/50% increase DoT damage, or Chieftain which gets 20% more from Ash and another 25% Fire DoT multi. And shock without investment lasts a whole of 2 seconds (not a big deal with stormbrand applying EE but still).

This elementalist rework is the same shitty rework as the last time. Its not an Elementalist Ascendancy, it's a Shock ascendancy. The only way to actively gain more damage from Elementalist, is by boosting your shock effectiveness. Great.

The Problem with Elementalist is that the good nodes are hidden behind shitty ones, and that you simply don't get the same bonuses other ascendancies do with your 8 points. Ailment immunity costs you 4 points and requires constant golem maintenance. The golem respawn after death is useless, as losing your golems and ailment immunity due to your golems dying for 4 seconds will kill you on any fight, esp someone like Sirus who just melts golems thanks to corrupted blood. It is also the only actually useful defensive node, although the new primal aegis is somewhat decent (still doesn't do shit against non-hit based damage). Most builds will be unable to afford Shaper of Winter, making you lose the perma-chill you had with the old Beacon of Ruin.

Ultimately Elementalist still struggles to define itself as a pure damaging caster, and instead relies on ailments and exposure to improve its damage, while other ascendancies gain pure damage bonuses. Having conditional damage increases has always been a complaint, exemplified by the old Pendulum of Destruction being considered the worst ascendancy node in the game. Now they just shifted it towards needing ways to apply exposure and shock, as well as convergence only proccing every 8 seconds. Why cant they just give direct damage improvements, same as almost every single other ascendancy? It's supposed to be THE spellcaster archetype and ascendancy, yet it is continuously beaten by Chieftain for Firedamage, Inquisitor/Assassin for Critdamage, Occultist for Cold damage or Trickster for DoT damage. Nothing about the new Elementalist will change this. The only thing the new elementalist makes me wanna do is chill mobs with the new 40% action speed modifier, which is pretty damn amazing.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The only way to actively gain more damage from Elementalist, is by boosting your shock effectiveness. Great.
There is the other node which gives you 30% more damage for 3 seconds when you hit a boss, but it can only trigger every 8 seconds. It's also behind an exposure node which will not fit into every build.

I do kind of agree that elementalist lacks MORE damage. The shock stuff is nice (guaranteed 15% more), but it's less than what other ascendancies get. I think it seems to be profiling more into a defensive ascendency. Guaranteed 15% chill, if you use cold skills should be easyish to hit the 30% cap on lategame bosses, immunity to reflect, "primal aegis" which will give you at least +2000 hp although it is yet unclear if it only blocks elemental or all damage, the golem stuff will also give you easy ele ailment immunity and 14% phys res. (obviously you can't get all of this and still get the shock node)

If you have 4 summoned golems though, you will be getting like 200% increased damage from the ascendency if one of them is a fire golem. 200% increased is a lot, even if it isn't MOAR.

Tricksters defensive options are probably still better, but I am not a 100% sure.

I've been theorycrafting some unleash+golem elementalist in my head, where I would run 2-3 active skills gems and alternate casts, while having golems running around. Might be waaaay to gem slot intensive though. And damage might not be red map viable.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I ran elementalist with Fireball/Flamewall Ignite in Heist, and its certainly nice to get 24% phys reduction from golems (if you run the chaos golem helmet enchant). The problem is that anything that kills your golem, will immediately proceed to murder you. Getting it back after 4 seconds is not good enough, and elementalist typically lacks any other kind of mitigation.

The stronger focus on ailments and debilitating your enemies is nice and all, but you would expect elementalist out of all ascendancies to be able to just blast enemies instead of requiring multiple set-up skills before you can deal damage. More front-loaded damage would sure feel nice.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Map device mods for 3.13 (from frame-forward function on youtube):

Fortune Favours the Brave (3 chaos)
Warbands
Anarchy
Ambush
Domination
Perandus
Beyond (5 chaos)
Legion
no Delirium, no Nemesis, and some rogue Exiles shit mods? :decline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom