Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Map device mods for 3.13 (from frame-forward function on youtube):

Fortune Favours the Brave (3 chaos)
Warbands
Anarchy
Ambush
Domination
Perandus
Beyond (5 chaos)
Legion
no Delirium, no Nemesis, and some rogue Exiles shit mods? :decline:
Ambush might actually be fun and worthwhile with the atlas passives that make all boxes rare+corrupted. Other than that, pretty bad zana mods. Although I don't think I've played warbands, but it sounds rippy considering warband map bosses are the hardest ones by a wide margin.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I think most of the nerfs are pretty minor, and there are some buffs. The choices are pretty weird though: Trickster had its defences buffed, even though they were already super strong. Raider got its damage nerfed (probably), even though it was already low.

I don't think necromancers losing 20-50% inc damage is a particularily huge nerf though, and probably less than it deserves.

Then again, they may have completely nerfed most of the build enabling uniques and skills.
Afaik they nerfed spectres at gem level 20 by 4 monster levels, which is probably pretty big.

Looking at this though, I'll probably do elementalist or inquisitor. Less changes to other ascendancies than I hoped for. Buffs to occultist is nice but it still lacks defensive nodes, so not really a good ascendancy imo.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Afaik they nerfed spectres at gem level 20 by 4 monster levels, which is probably pretty big.

Yeah just read the manifesto, spectre builds are fucked.

Arguably even worse for normal minion builds that use spectres for support, cos the spectres will be squishy as fuck.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
edit: General rule of playing SSF. Never create builds for future. You only create builds with what you have on hand.
Sure, but at the same time, some uniques really are common enough to be wallpaper, including the base gloves in this case. I don't know of any semi-reliable way to get fated uniques though, which is why I asked.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
edit: General rule of playing SSF. Never create builds for future. You only create builds with what you have on hand.
Sure, but at the same time, some uniques really are common enough to be wallpaper, including the base gloves in this case. I don't know of any semi-reliable way to get fated uniques though, which is why I asked.

I might be misremembering, but didn't Heist have a chance to drop fated uniques from certain chests?

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, you're out of luck with the vast majority of prophecies in SSF including that one.

It is a feature not a bug. SSF feels nice because you actually feel something when you get actual drop. So if you get build enabling unique drop it feels nice.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I think I am doing Divine Ire ignite Elementalist. Seems it can reach crazy numbers with conversion and new ignite nodes on Elementalist. Also 4s autorecast of golems is going to be awesome

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I'm gonna do a skeleton build I think. Nerf bat isn't too bad on Skeleton/Zombie builds, though keeping support spectres alive might be a pain in the ass now.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I'm super deep in theorycrafting my janky archmage unleash elementalist with golemancy support (it's a lot of "free" inc damage and utility and defense). The trinity support gem looks pretty crazy (50% MOAR damage AND 20% ele pen) since I will be using multiple spells anyway. Might cut archmage and go crit instead.

Edit: can't quite get unleash to work with trinity. Maybe trinity will be next build. Archmage unleash golemancer it is.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I'll probably start with either RF or Dom Blow on SSF. 50/50 right now on which one.
I did dom blow ssf guardian a while back, it was very viable. RF seems a bit tricky to get enough life and regen for decent dps (or please post PoB).

eklektyk

Erudite
tried to play minions like 3 l3gues back - they were nerfed back then too ... its shit until you drop like mirrow or two worth of ex on items ... until then you either play low tier maps or resummon shit all the time cos hp values went to shit and without defenses/lvls from items its trahs tier low speed

gave up on minions becouse of that - if you really want something like that look up skelies/phantasm hybrid build - it took no nerfs this go around andd looks solid out of the box

i will prob go for inquis spark/brand again ... solid choice and works with trash items up to low lvl reds so it got some legs on it

lets see if i even manage to play tthis patch since last one trashed my pc and ripped my win to shreds ... optimisation and bug fixing on latest shit coming from ggg is horendous ...

ADL

Prophet
Honestly that's why I'm waiting for Path of Exile 2. If I'm gonna run through the campaign each league, might as well play the new stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
Grim dawn has buyuble unlocks for rest of characters if you finish campaign on each diff, Diablo 3 instantly has adventure mode, Wolcen same as D3.

Only POE for some fucking reason forces people to play that god damn campaign every time they make new char for last decade. It is not like they don't already have system they can use. It is called Delve and when Delve released you could play since lvl1.

Moreover campaign maps despite being random they are not actually random and after playing several times i know where exactly i need to go to get out of the map. It feels like a fucking work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom