Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Rich get richer, make others suffer - GGG, 2020

This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Who does that?

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Well, it was either going to be this, or setting Harvest crafts as the floor, then turning up the game difficulty to the fucking sky to make up for how ridiculous end game gear has become. You can get perfect bows with relatively little effort a few days into a Harvest-enabled league. 1000dps 2-handers are relatively affordable, now.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Instead of ending tft endgame they just make some useless balance changes hoping it sticks.

Sweep it under the rug and make it ssf only.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, it was either going to be this, or setting Harvest crafts as the floor, then turning up the game difficulty to the fucking sky to make up for how ridiculous end game gear has become. You can get perfect bows with relatively little effort a few days into a Harvest-enabled league. 1000dps 2-handers are relatively affordable, now.

Yep, they would have just rebalanced the difficulty around those new crafts. Community would have inevitably been pissed that they couldn't enjoy the "power" of their new crafts due to the raised floor.

The harvest craft system is an odd beast as it completely kills gear finds. The only value in gear becomes valuable bases for crafting.

GGG constantly seems to be in an arms race with players over power creep, irony being that GGG are the ones that keep upping player power by orders of magnitude and then acting surprised when things become even more faceroll.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

Who does that?
Yeah, I wonder. I've never used an exalt the way it "it should be". All of them have gone into trading or the crafting bench. They're just waaaay too rare for someone like me to use for a 15% chance to get a useful mod.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Every single way to accumulate them in any serious quantity made a job of this game.

Who can be fucked farming the same Harbinger map over and over and over and over again for Ancient/Exalted shards? Or spending all their time in Discord buying Harvest crafts? The whole game becomes a matter of building a character to accumulate currency, in order to build a character to accumulate currency faster.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Played this game six months at launch, then quit.

Today i got the itch to try it again, so i logged in, and while my characters are still there, some stash space i bought (about 20 bucks worth, or something like that), is no longer available.

It was the only thing i ever bought and my microtransaction tab is now empty. If i logged in to my old characters, the extra tabs and the stuff i had in them still exist by they are marked remove only.

I know it's been years but so what now, they can just remove shit you spent real money on at will? The fuck is this?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok i logged in their website and it lists my transactions. I guess it's a problem with steam?

[EDIT] Fuck it, removed from steam, downloading through their actual client. Will report in the name of science.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Ok i logged in their website and it lists my transactions. I guess it's a problem with steam?

[EDIT] Fuck it, removed from steam, downloading through their actual client. Will report in the name of science.
issue with steam used to be that poe would redownload EVERYTHING on each patch, killing your pc. Not sure if fixed but im not interested in going through that again

ADL

Prophet

From my understanding you have to submit a support ticket to desync your account from Steam. /poeg/ recommends not using the Steam version and requesting the desync so I'm sure there's some valid logic there. Not sure what the specific perks are though.
issue with steam used to be that poe would redownload EVERYTHING on each patch, killing your pc. Not sure if fixed but im not interested in going through that again
They fixed that a year or two ago with Ascendency if I recall correctly but I know it's been fixed, hasn't been doing that for a long time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wait i can't use their client unless i get steam delinked?

This is getting convoluted, but i take their client is the way to go, so it's worth getting off steam, right?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Wait i can't use their client unless i get steam delinked?

This is getting convoluted, but i take their client is the way to go, so it's worth getting off steam, right?
I have done this process myself before, basically you log into the forums with your steam account, message the support team stating you would like to associate your account with an email address and then an hour or so later they will pm you back and you will be able to log into your account using their client rather than steam. If you need I can dig up images of the process, since its been 5 years and I am a bit foggy on the process.

Perkel

Arcane
The problem with crafting in POE is that it exists. I am playing with my friend D2 right now for past 2 weeks and you can feel rush from good rolled magic items and rares don't spring up like piniatas everywhere and each of them is worth checking out because you can't just roll another one easily with chaos on base you want.

The basic idea behind POEs crafting system was to fix gold problem not to make crafting better. Instead now you have magic/rare piniatas which is worse than picking up gold as you have to ident them so it is like doubly worse and with crafting in current form it is not really worth to even pick up rares only bases.

Harvest made loot outside of uniques and bases completely useless since you could just take some base and make out of it axe sword whatever that you would need to grind days for.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
can't just roll another one easily with chaos on base you want.
There is truth to this, but note that this also implies that finding a rare (with a good base) is worth about the same as finding a chaos orb. You wouldn't skip picking up chaos orbs, so you shouldn't skip picking up rares.

It's not quite the same though, because it takes time and effort to identify a rare. You have to identify it, parse all the mods to see if it's good (not entirely trivial since crafting bench exists, so having an open slot of the right type can make the item a lot better) and then sell it if it's not. Sorting through and selling a bunch of items feels like busywork. Spend 5 minutes clearing a map (actually playing the game), and then at least 5 minutes sorting loot and currency.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Who does that?
Yeah, I wonder. I've never used an exalt the way it "it should be". All of them have gone into trading or the crafting bench. They're just waaaay too rare for someone like me to use for a 15% chance to get a useful mod.

I think the only people that slam exalts are the people that are running farming setups where they can make x many exalted an hour.

Everyone else that isn't on SSF just hoards them and uses them to buy the items they need from people that have done the crafting (or have the unique they need in the case of uniques).

The problem with Chris Wilson's high handed autism is it made sense back in 2013, but the game has changed a lot since then and he hasn't changed with it.

Also pretty much all high end pre-harvest crafting was done with fossils and split bases, locking required t1 mods at the bench and then chaos/exalt/conqueror exalt slamming till you got the required mods. Something way out of the possible for 99% of the playerbase due to the crazy currency requirements.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Also pretty much all high end pre-harvest crafting was done with fossils and split bases, locking required t1 mods at the bench and then chaos/exalt/conqueror exalt slamming till you got the required mods. Something way out of the possible for 99% of the playerbase due to the crazy currency requirements.
Yeah this is also a great point. Doing any crafting with currency that's worth it requires such extreme amounts that it boggles the mind. Crafting bench and fossils are about the only things available to normal players, and even then, you basically need to use digital tools to have a good time with fossils.

EDIT: forgot about alt spam. It's also widely available, but very limited and basically only worth it in very specific cases

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Nobody exalts items because fossils exist, exalt slamming is some fantasy from people who don't play the game.

Normally you fossil or (in extreme cases) essence for required t1 bases and then you slam. It might not be common, but it absolutely does happen (or did in the pre-harvest days).

Le Redditors used to love upvoting videos of their favourite streamers slamming live.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
That's a meme for views with no relation to gameplay whatsoever, trivial chances are irrelevant for this discussion and may as well no exist, top tier items were result of targeted reforge never of yolo you would never exalt a 4x or 5x t1 because that would trash its value I don't know if there's even any build that would be better served with random affix instead of a benchcraft.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Exalts are used for metacrafting, and that's about it. Which will continue to be very powerful, as woke orbing 2 good mods, blocking suffixes/prefixes and scouring to then meta-craft already yields really fucking powerful items.

The community reaction to the harvest nerfs is absolutely ridiculous, and show the decline in playerbase and how casual some of these retards are. It's the same crowd that continues to complain about too much MTX in Oriath, showing how good they are at the game because you only load into Oriath if you've never killed Sirus. People who haven't killed Sirus a few weeks into the league should be put into labor camps, aka forced to play D3 again, instead of playing PoE.

The one thing about the harvest manifesto that I am not entirely sure about, is whether them stating that "targeted annuls" are gone except for "remove non-x, add x" crafts also means that remove/add crafts of the same type fall into that category. By definition they should not, at which point harvest is still incredibly powerful. IF they also get rid of remove/add crafts, then I could understand some frustration but as it currently stands, that doesn't seem to be the case. People just cant craft their items with the exact modes they want anymore like they do in PoB, but instead might have to settle for a T3 life roll or spend 200ex instead of 20 to get a perfect item for their build. Thats totally acceptable and people who complain they cant get their perfect t1 life/explody mod/attackcrit/+1curse/-manacost chest within 50ex anymore are fucking retarded anyway.

Now get rid of beast splitting/imprinting so the best way to gain currency isn't to run 5 alt accounts with your main account while farming Einhar with 30-40 beasts each map, make watchstones/crescent splinters only drop for the person with the invitation so you dont make 40ex/hr spamming 6man feared invitations and we might have a decent game again.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I think the biggest thing that redditors seem to miss with the harvest nerf is that if it wasn't nerfed then GGG would have just upped the power of enemies to compensate.

They're enjoying it this league because it's giving them a chance to faceroll content, but they'd be bitching next league when everything gets super buffed to compensate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom