Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

T. Reich

Arcane
As someone interested in a solo run I'm not expecting AA+ dialogues and cutscenes, but how would you compare the campaign to other similar games? For simplicity, let's say 1 means obvious MMO busywork with minimalist context, and 10 means try-hard dialogue&cutscene density.

I'd give it a good hard 9 probably, IMO. Have fun.

Frankly, solo campaign (in terms of casual "play through once and forget the game") is a pretty awesome thing.
The problems withe the current gameplay design (or lack thereof) become apparent only once you're knee-deep in post-campaign content, which IS bread-and butter of the game. Except there's so much butter that you can't feel the bread, and most of the butter is rotting.
GGG went with the "endgame is king" paradigm, but forgot that it has to be built on solid foundation. Which they had, TBH, but it got buried under piles of obtuse shit over the years and can no longer provide the game with fun.
The game has too many game mechanics because GGG can't cut redundant content for shit, and the game suffers for this, hard.
On the other hand, there's too little actual QoL to make this shit bearable, hence the perpetually-ranting neckbeards clashing with the brown-nosed neckbeards who still think that GGG is a small scale indive-dev :roll:.
Frankly, it's enough to take at look what the chinese did to their version of PoE in terms of QoL integration, and see the error of GGG ways.
Maybe all that good shit will be integrated in PoE in a few years, if the playerbase is angry enough.
Right now, unfortunately, to "play" in the endgame you need EVE Online levels of supporting utilities. Ultimately to get what the likes of D3 (ironic I know) do way better, but with less clutter.

But the main campaign? Knock yourself out, it's fun.
The only real deep reason people here (and everywhere else) complain about PoE campaign is because they've completed it dozens of times already, only to get to the boring, repetitive, overloaded endgame "content".
There's real fatigue, and I can't blame the complaining players for that. That's GGG's fault alright.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
As someone interested in a solo run I'm not expecting AA+ dialogues and cutscenes, but how would you compare the campaign to other similar games? For simplicity, let's say 1 means obvious MMO busywork with minimalist context, and 10 means try-hard dialogue&cutscene density.

Grim Dawn/Titan Quest type of campaign. One short cutscene. Basic dialogue.

Unless you dig into the story, you'll blink and miss it.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm glad you got your fix, but I am also very weirded out by you playing standard.
They may fixed map stash, but reduced map pool removed my tiny enjoyment - looking at my collection of old maps is not the same...
As for me playing Standards - mostly running those accumulated contracts (from temporary leagues) in some weekends and boring autumn/winter nights (for chill), with my dream team wearing well crafted gear, +1 to all jobs means more jobs for my best men.
Can't be arsed to prepare them every single league tho (already need alt orbs for other needs), I would rather collect scraps with chaos recipe than do this again...

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

There are a lot of voiced lore dumps and quest texts, but nothing that really elevates the game from the rest of the genre. Game definitely would have profited from one or two high quality cgi's to really set the mood inbetween some acts, imo. Diablo 2 still remains king in that field.

I'd give it a good hard 9 probably, IMO. Have fun.
If PoE has a 9 out of 10 plot to you then I think you need to play an actual RPG... It's more like a 3. There's a plot, it sorta roughly follows if you don't pay too much attention.

Frankly, solo campaign (in terms of casual "play through once and forget the game") is a pretty awesome thing.
The problems withe the current gameplay design (or lack thereof) become apparent only once you're knee-deep in post-campaign content, which IS bread-and butter of the game. Except there's so much butter that you can't feel the bread, and most of the butter is rotting.

GGG went with the "endgame is king" paradigm, but forgot that it has to be built on solid foundation. Which they had, TBH, but it got buried under piles of obtuse shit over the years and can no longer provide the game with fun.
The game has too many game mechanics because GGG can't cut redundant content for shit, and the game suffers for this, hard.
This is bitter vet nonsense, ignore this. There's a faction of old PoE players that think their idiotic arguments on the forums matter and they constantly are trying to re litigate those old meaningless arguments.

On the other hand, there's too little actual QoL to make this shit bearable, hence the perpetually-ranting neckbeards clashing with the brown-nosed neckbeards who still think that GGG is a small scale indive-dev :roll:.
Frankly, it's enough to take at look what the chinese did to their version of PoE in terms of QoL integration, and see the error of GGG ways.
Maybe all that good shit will be integrated in PoE in a few years, if the playerbase is angry enough.
Aside from the retarded fandom argument shit, there's a point here. QoL changes have been slower than they should be, only just this latest patch did they finally make currency drop in stacks, instead of having to click each one individually. As I understand chinese POE is run by a different company and is pretty much a different game.
Right now, unfortunately, to "play" in the endgame you need EVE Online levels of supporting utilities. Ultimately to get what the likes of D3 (ironic I know) do way better, but with less clutter.
This is just not at all true. Not even a little bit. I'm sure there are 3rd party utilities you could use if so inclined, but I've never used them and I've played plenty of the endgame content.

But the main campaign? Knock yourself out, it's fun.
The only real deep reason people here (and everywhere else) complain about PoE campaign is because they've completed it dozens of times already, only to get to the boring, repetitive, overloaded endgame "content".
There's real fatigue, and I can't blame the complaining players for that. That's GGG's fault alright.
The campaign is bad because it leads to the endgame which is bad, so GGG should remove the campaign. Solid logic by a smart brain guy.

Gerrard

Arcane
About fuckin time
ProgressBar.png

fix coming late Tuesday
According to some cucks in this thread you should be kissing Chris Wilson's feet that they only took two months to fix this shit you paid money for.

Saying your shit idea won't improve the game is not the same as saying the game cannot be improved. Path of Exile would benefit from a lot of QoL stuff, like a filtered auto-pickup, a way to easily modify ones loot filter in game, any kind of auto sorting of the stash, a general de-cluttering of the insanity onscreen in the late game, and I'm sure I could go for pages and pages.

But that doesn't mean your half cocked shitty ideas that you're mad about are any good. And yes, the fact that Path of Exile is a successful game with many, many players, means by default GGG knows better than anonymous randos what the game needs. If they implemented every shitty suggestion made on their forums they wouldn't have a successful game.

I strongly recommend against kissing anyone's feet, or paying money for a free game, but hey, you do you.

abija

Prophet
What you call half cocked shitty ideas are basic common sense and all GGG need to do is open the atlas from start and have more options to get those quest rewards. Just like all the basic QoL features added last patch, bet it's banked for their next inevitable big fuckup as an easy way to get good will back.

What you call half cocked shitty ideas are basic common sense and all GGG need to do is open the atlas from start and have more options to get those quest rewards. Just like all the basic QoL features added last patch, bet it's banked for their next inevitable big fuckup as an easy way to get good will back.
If your basic common sense is that PoE should emulate diablo 3 in any way, thank god they are not listening to you. "Duh endgame is stale and repetitive, so I should be able to skip directly to it". Real galaxy brain shit there.

I'm positively shocked that your brilliant ideas have not yet gained traction. Especially given the excellent presentation. Have you tried calling more people stupid, perhaps?

No, I'm sure it's all the GGG fanboys that are the problem, not that you actually don't have any ideas ("Copy Diablo 3" is not an idea.)

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Copying Diablo 3s alternative to the campaign progression (Adventure system) is definitely a (good) idea.

The campaign being 'quick' (a speedrunner can do it in 3.5-4 hrs, so closer to 6-8 for average, experienced players) and easy is not enough of a counter-argument (for its necessity per character). In fact, I don't think there is a counter-argument, besides 'it's always been this way, and things shouldn't change'.

I actually think they truncated the wrong part of the game. The Atlas being a ~160 map behemoth is way easier to swallow if you don't have to engage with the campaign for each and every character, every league. Those 15-30 hours would easily make up the difference and keep the variety. Instead, they kept their campaign 'vision' intact by shortening the path to the true endgame by cutting down on the variety (map selection). At this point, very little of the POE community is in support of this campaign structure (I don't think that's a controversial statement), but there are still bigger fish to fry, so people just kind of go with the flow, in this case.

I'm levelling another character at the moment, and it's moving along at a good clip, but fucking hell does the campaign feel meaningless (having completed it at least ~100 times by this point, as well it should).

Copying Diablo 3s alternative to the campaign progression (Adventure system) is definitely a (good) idea.

The campaign being 'quick' (a speedrunner can do it in 3.5-4 hrs, so closer to 6-8 for average, experienced players) and easy is not enough of a counter-argument (for its necessity per character). In fact, I don't think there is a counter-argument, besides 'it's always been this way, and things shouldn't change'.

I actually think they truncated the wrong part of the game. The Atlas being a ~160 map behemoth is way easier to swallow if you don't have to engage with the campaign for each and every character, every league. Those 15-30 hours would easily make up the difference and keep the variety. Instead, they kept their campaign 'vision' intact by shortening the path to the true endgame by cutting down on the variety (map selection). At this point, very little of the POE community is in support of this campaign structure (I don't think that's a controversial statement), but there are still bigger fish to fry, so people just kind of go with the flow, in this case.

I'm levelling another character at the moment, and it's moving along at a good clip, but fucking hell does the campaign feel meaningless (having completed it at least ~100 times by this point, as well it should).
I do agree with that, just because there are ways to get it over with quickly (for people who feel that way about it) doesn't mean it's not a problem. I mean, if the game can be more enjoyable for more people, why not, right?

I guess I don't get the view that the campaign, with multiple interconnected maps with a storyline, is boring and repetitive, while running maps, which are single map instances, is not. I get bored pretty quick running maps, because it's incredibly samey. I mean, the campaign is a bunch of maps already. That's not to say I'm against the idea, I just don't see how it solves anything.

As someone who plays on and off, I actually like the current campaign length, and I like the truncated map stuff. It felt like I was actually progressing toward a meaningful goal. It was still a bit boring, but it didn't feel as pointless.

What are the parts of the campaign people hate? I mean, the very beginning is shitty because you cannot even use whatever skill you're intending for your build, but I think that would be the same if you were on maps instead of twilight strand or what have you.

Honestly, lowering all level requirements 30 levels would go a long way to making the early game less stale, although that's a completely different problem than what you're talking about. But it'd be nice to be able to use all skills immediately on new characters, especially when it's not your first of the league. Hell, why not just remove level requirements entirely. You want to run through the campaign with endgame equipment, why shouldn't you be able to? That'd at least speed up the part people find unpleasant. Also, just fucking give us all +30 move speed and drop it from boot suffixes. Nobody needs that shit.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
The problem with the campaign is relatively simple:

Most new players end their time with PoE sometime during the campaign (beginning, middle or end). Their solution is to make it more enticing (PoE 2's supposedly superior campaign of a similar length), rather than to make it optional, because they see it as PoE's 'best foot forward'. Obviously, for people who've been around for years, this is spit in the eye, but GGG doesn't overly care; they've already got those people, and they're likely to stay, especially if they've put money down.

That's why I'm fine with one campaign run-through, per league (and doubly so if they were to be smarter and introduce variety to the campaign maps, creatures, rewards etc). It's clear, however, that their aim and priority is (understandably) to attract new business. It's weird for them to pretend, however, that there isn't a preferable middle ground that would better cater to the veteran playerbase, while still showing off their work on the campaign and early player progression.

Absinthe

Arcane
Ah, so the idea is you'll be killing rare enemies often enough where you always have some bonuses going on, I guess that makes sense. 20 seconds is a long time in POE i guess.
The idea is to play a character that zooms through maps and make maps that give you tons of rare enemies, but there are also more dedicated Headhunter builds that use Shackles of the Wretched to self-curse with Temporal Chains to make Headhunter buffs last much longer. Shackles is overkill but it does work.

If you don't enjoy the campaing but still need 10 hours for it, you fucking suck. Especially on subsequent characters with twink gear. Why should I listen to the likes of you?
This is a stupid thing to say. If you have to slog through a campaign you don't enjoy for hours on end because you wanted a new character, then it's a chore, and we don't play games to get that wonderful feeling of doing chores.

I'd much rather err on the side of GGG, who have proven over time that they are more competent and committed than most other developers out there.
What the hell are you on about? PoE is rife with design mistakes. Hell just in the latest patch they fucked up flasks because they thought we really would appreciate having to spend fucking forever making decent flasks. They considered the lack of a major grind for flasks to be a flaw.

In fact, GGG frequently favors grind-based design over more practical considerations like sources of player frustrations and the like, even though their extreme grinding fetish can get annoying because they add grind in ways that make getting a build off the ground more annoying and funnel more power to super-grinders that can exploit the economy at the expense of the rest of the playerbase who now have worse itemization or whatever on average to contend with. It's not until it boils over and GGG witnesses their playerbase crater because people dislike the shit GGG is shoving on them that GGG gives a tepid oil-on-troubled-waters "maybe we messed up" announcement and actually tries to fix a few of the things that actually annoy the playerbase.

Like, how far up your own ass do you have to be to really think that you have figured out the development of this game more than the Devs themselves? Do you have an example of your own competence somewhere? Do you have an example of a game that does it better?
Did you get lost and hit yourself on the head or something? Where the fuck do you think are? This is the RPG Codex. We reserve the right to criticize the shit out of games and any retard pretending devs are sacrosanct or blessed with magical superior insight into game design us lowly plebians cannot grasp can get bent. There are a lot of other forums out there which are happy to act like being consumer whores is their fucking sworn duty because they tie their identity and sense of self-worth to brands and products (ie. "fandom culture") without an ounce of shame.

Here's a news flash, dumbass: Games are created to be played. It is the player's experience playing the game that matters, not the dev's experience making it. If the game is shit for the playerbase, then the game is simply shit. That is why player criticism fucking matters and whining about devs having experience doesn't.

Regardless. The campaign is here to stay and the new one will have a more open structure, allowing for more varied playthroughs. Doesn't even matter what you or I think. It would require some colossal drop off in revenue for GGG to reconsider their stance regarding the campaign.
A more open structure would be a welcome addition, although I'm not really holding out hope for the new campaign to be very good. GGG's constant lore/theme additions and setting revisions have made for a rather incoherent setting, which is part of what made the campaign lousy, because it feels like you're just funneled through an assortment of random shit.

Besides, if your arguement is truly "muh diverse content", then why are you feeling the need to reroll? Isn't the new character supposed to be the thing that is keeping you engaged with all new skill progression? Past Act V you start getting multiple random mechanics pile on top of eachother already.
This is a shit argument. Obviously a new character allows for a new build and varied builds are pretty much the most interesting thing about PoE. But that doesn't necessarily make playing the same campaign again more fun, especially considering how many builds don't really go live until you reach endgame, so in the end you're probably doing some twink shit to rush your toon through the campaign and it's going to feel like all the other twinks you're just slogging through the campaign before you can feel like you're actually playing the game.

A wise man once said: "If you don't enjoy the normal progression of a character up until end-game, which is the bread and butter of an ARPG, then this genre is simply not for you." Just do what T.Reich did and play Dark Souls instead. I hear it is a great game.
PoE pretty much revolves around the endgame, you know. So obviously that line is BS here.

I think if you call Kjaska an asshole some more and maybe insult a few other people then GGG will definitely allow you to bypass the campaign in the future.
If you misplaced your balls and your delicate feelings got hurt because someone got told off, that is firmly your problem, pal, and no one else's.

You're always welcome to raise counter-arguments and engage substantiatively. You're not welcome to whine about how you don't like to hear criticism of your beloved game and engage defense mechanisms to try to shut down criticism instead. That attitude will always get you shat on.

Now, I've got a problem with a few IRS regulations. I don't know anyone who works for the IRS or makes policy for them, so I'm just gonna scream my frustrations at you and blame you for it because that's how absolute retards get shit done.
You know, morons like you who think it's "good character" or "social responsibility" to swallow it and avoid rocking the boat by even raising criticism when shit's fucked up are the reason why you have to deal with fucked up IRS regulations in the first place.

Cry and scream and whine all you want, the campaign isn't likely to go anywhere
Right back at you, pal. Cry and scream and whine all you want, but criticism is not going anywhere either. If you get butthurt because people have complaints and ideas, that is firmly your problem for being a little bitch.

(and it'd probably kill the game if they did let you skip it).
It'd probably improve player retention, honestly. The campaign has zero appeal as far as replayability is concerned. It's the exact same campaign each time and after the first 10 times damn near no one sits there and goes "wow, I really want to run it 5+ more times each season for all my fun character build concepts." Make someone run it once per league or something maybe, but doing it again for every character they roll is pointless, at least until they make the campaign a lot better and add some kind of branching content that makes replaying the campaign with a different class not just feel like you are doing the same time-wasting shit all over again.

Not being forced to run the campaign again would probably result in players rolling a lot more characters each league which keeps the league fresh longer and player retention rates higher.

I mean, you obviously know better than them anyway, why waste your genius on GGG and path of exile? Just make your own game without a campaign, do networking right, and retain a playerbase for years and years. Then you can come and gloat at all the retards who doubted you.
Ah yes, the good old "if you don't like it, make your own" whining, which serves no purpose other than to try to ignore and shut down criticism. It's basically "Stop criticizing what I like." And my answer is: Cry more, faggot. While it is true that it's hard to do worse than Path of Exile, which has been running into lots of problems with updating its original codebase into something decent (they had to overhaul everything from the graphics engine to the netcode) and has had some structural gameplay design problems (ending up with zoom meta where everyone just spams a single god skill to kill everything), that doesn't mean we're obligated to make our own D2 clone or something, since that's a lot of time and effort we could be spending on better things than proving retards on the internet wrong. We reserve the right to criticize shit, and if that's too much for your delicate sensibilities, that's your problem.

But hey, if you don't like it, make your own forum. Unlike making a game, that is actually damn near effortless. But what are the odds you won't take your own advice? Pretty good, I'd say.

I'm glad you got your fix, but I am also very weirded out by you playing standard.
Standard's pretty much the worst league, but if you hate rolling new characters I guess I can see the appeal.

Also: holy shit I'm glad I didn't look at this thread. Instead I had a great time breezing through the campaign with a new character.
Passive-aggressively whining about the thread and grandstanding about how not affected you are by it really isn't making the case for your emotional wellbeing or overall fortitude that you think it is.

Hollow Palm is the best! I just wish I had easy access to Call to Arms as Witch for Ancestral Cry.
Assuming your Witch is not your Hollow Palm character, you can buy the Mutewind Pennant unique shield if you really want Call to Arms on your Witch. There is also getting Skin of the Lords with Call to Arms or a chestpiece scourged with Call to Arms. It is also possible to use The Eternal Apple unique shield for triggered warcries (but it fucks your endurance charges).

Other than that, you can just buy an Anomalous version of whatever warcry (for all warcries, 20% quality will give you +40% warcry speed) and throw an Enhance support gem on top, which makes it very easy to break 100% increased warcry speed, and it goes much higher if you stick it in an item that raises the level of your Enhance support gem (Honourhome, Ghastly Theatre, Magna Eclipsis, etc. or anything that has a combination of modifiers/corrupts to raise socketed support gems, socketed dexterity gems, etc.). You won't get instant cast this way, but the cast time will be much more bearable and you can even throw in a Second Wind and/or second warcry if you feel like it.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Every time I check this thread, the GGG apologism seems to hit new heights. And to think I thought the pro GGG faction on le-reddit was bad.

There is zero reason the campaign needs to be the only route to end game in this day and age. The game has enough alternative mechanics like Delve that would easily allow people to do something other than the campaign for the 9001th time. Hell look how popular the endless delve events are, they've even got mechanics implemented so you get the quest reward passive skill points at the right times.

Even Blizzard managed to work this out with D3 and added the adventure mode where you could basically go anywhere and do random content. Yes D3, but Blizzard (esp towards the end) did have SOME good ideas.

As Absinthe alludes to, this will probably be used as a bribe to the community when player numbers inevitably dip heavily again in the future. Much like all big QOL/game improvements seem to be these days.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's more that the apologists are almost always desperately trying to normalize apologia. You can't afford to let "Stop criticizing what I like!" whiners maintain the delusion that they deserve respect when they act that way, because they will seriously try to drive out any worthwhile discourse on game design and try to replace it with circlejerking and echo chamber if you let them. It's much better to remind them that they are morons, whiny bitches, and general pests upon the social order each time they try to pull this shit until they either shape up their act or leave. Oh they'll keep whining for a while, maybe even try to double down a bit, but you don't become a nutter who treats criticism of a game you like as a personal attack on your sense of dignity without having some issues with your need for validation, so sooner or later it'll sink in that no one likes them and they will go leave in a sulk if they can't fix their shit.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
I'm again reminded of the time Raiz talked with Chris, that some QoL feature from the Chinese version of the game was ready to be implemented in the GGG version, but people didn't bitch loud enough and so they didn't.

Lol I don't care about criticism of GGG, I have plenty myself. But GGG being less than perfect still doesn't make your terrible ideas good.

You don't have any suggestions or arguments, which is why you keep calling people GGG bootlickers when they disagree with you. Removing the campaign would be retarded and isn't happening, period. If you're sad about that, move on with your idiot life. I tried to have a discussion about what that would look like, but then you retards swing in on your chandelier and take a shit on the floor.

It's funny that Lone Wolf can intelligently discuss what he's thinking of, weird all of us GGG apologists aren't jumping down his throat right? But yeah, you guys with your "Everyone who disagrees with me is secretly a GGG shill" circlejerk are just being oppressed by mean people who won't agree with their great ideas...

Hey Absinthe, you fucking retard, got any actual ideas, or are you just here to act like a bitch? Fucking retards having a dick sucking contest in here about GGG apologia, because you got your feelings hurt when you can't convince anyone that your lack of ideas constitutes a great roadmap for this game.

You're always welcome to raise counter-arguments and engage substantiatively. You're not welcome to whine about how you don't like to hear criticism of your beloved game and engage defense mechanisms to try to shut down criticism instead. That attitude will always get you shat on.
Hilarious that you say that when you haven't provided an argument at all, substantive or otherwise. You're way off base about me trying to shut down criticism, mr. fucking wall of retard text. It seems like you're trying to shut down disagreement with your shit ideas.

Hey Tacgnol, you fucking retard,got any examples of this pro GGG apologia you guys are waxing poetic about, or are you just talking out of your ass because you have no actual substance to your arguments?

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
The idea is to play a character that zooms through maps and make maps that give you tons of rare enemies, but there are also more dedicated Headhunter builds that use Shackles of the Wretched to self-curse with Temporal Chains to make Headhunter buffs last much longer. Shackles is overkill but it does work.
I see you haven't been playing for a while now. Self-curse has been dead for two leagues now.

This is a stupid thing to say. If you have to slog through a campaign you don't enjoy for hours on end because you wanted a new character, then it's a chore, and we don't play games to get that wonderful feeling of doing chores.
Ever heard of delayed gratification? If trying to improve your time through the campaign is a chore to you, that's a weak mindset. If you don't enjoy the progression of your character during those first 60+ levels, you are playing the wrong genre.

What the hell are you on about? PoE is rife with design mistakes. Hell just in the latest patch they fucked up flasks because they thought we really would appreciate having to spend fucking forever making decent flasks. They considered the lack of a major grind for flasks to be a flaw.
Flasks were buffed hard again. Do you even play the game? What is wrong with Flasks being part of your gear progression or being valuable? Your attitude here makes me think you dislike ARPGs in general.

In fact, GGG frequently favors grind-based design over more practical considerations like sources of player frustrations and the like, even though their extreme grinding fetish can get annoying because they add grind in ways that make getting a build off the ground more annoying and funnel more power to super-grinders that can exploit the economy at the expense of the rest of the playerbase who now have worse itemization or whatever on average to contend with. It's not until it boils over and GGG witnesses their playerbase crater because people dislike the shit GGG is shoving on them that GGG gives a tepid oil-on-troubled-waters "maybe we messed up" announcement and actually tries to fix a few of the things that actually annoy the playerbase.

What the fuck, this is some commie drivel! Do you want GGG to throttle the top players or redistribute their wealth to you, so you can finally "get your build off the ground"? There are plenty of builds every league, which require very little gear to complete most of the end-game. If you decide to play a gear dependent build on league start, that is your choice and you should pay the consequences for it.

The playerbase reacted very negatively because of one thing alone: GGG took away power from them. Something that Chris knew would happend, yet still had the balls to do. It was absolutely necessary, but a pleb like you can't fathom the insanity of the top builds back before the nerf, because you struggle to "get your build off the ground" because all of the top players are oppressing you.

lots of retarded takes

Here's a news flash, dumbass: Games are created to be played.
Exactly. Not to be endlessly analyzed by people who lack insight. From your post length and your lack of knowledge I assume you talk much more about the game than you actually play it. I don't think GGG are beyond criticism. I think that plebs like you lack insight. At your most useful you can tell me where GGG hurt you, but beyond that your analysis is shit.

here is zero reason the campaign needs to be the only route to end game in this day and age. The game has enough alternative mechanics like Delve that would easily allow people to do something other than the campaign for the 9001th time. Hell look how popular the endless delve events are, they've even got mechanics implemented so you get the quest reward passive skill points at the right times.
God, I wish you people would actually play the game. Endless Delve is fun. Once a year. It is much worse than the current campaign.

As Absinthe alludes to, this will probably be used as a bribe to the community when player numbers inevitably dip heavily again in the future. Much like all big QOL/game improvements seem to be these days.
There have been numerous QoL improvements over the last few leagues. They were great. And the community forgot about these almost instantly and started whining for more shit. There is just not enough reason to devote more dev time for QoL if the return is so meager.

I'm still waiting for somebody to produce me a developer of an online game, that has been perfect or at least better in their decision making compared to GGG. They aren't perfect, but you guys seem way more retarded.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Tacgnol, you fucking retard,got any examples of this pro GGG apologia you guys are waxing poetic about, or are you just talking out of your ass because you have no actual substance to your arguments?

If you expect me to respond to your posts then either reply to my post or use mentions so I can actually see you're trying to catch my attention. Unlike GGG shills I don't have time to check this thread nonstop 24/7.

Considering both you and Kjaska have been shilling for GGG non stop pretty much the last few pages I think you have both proven my point perfectly.

Also Kjaska might want to see a doctor, you appear to be losing control of your bowels.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
GGG is literally devoting more than half their resources to implementing a new solution to the problem all of you have with the current campaign. Yet you can't control yourself from shitting on them. Go fuck yourself, nigger.

abija

Prophet
https://youtu.be/8QcfWqTVUBs?t=6046

That answer deserves all the shitting. Btw, are you suggesting we should be grateful that a game built around continuous content releases is using more than half the resources for their next project and promising to fix current issues in that one?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
PoE pretty much revolves around the endgame, you know. So obviously that line is BS here.
It does, and GGG knows it. The endgame receives one expansion/major rework yearly. Almost* every league locks large parts of its content (all the bosses, most of the uniques, a lot of the mechanics) behind getting to maps, frequently even tier 14+ maps. Meanwhile most of the campaign acts haven't been updated since their release, and the quality of acts 5 and above was not great to begin with.

*There's a few older exceptions like breach and incursion

Gerrard

Arcane
What do you mean, they updated act 1 not long ago. And they were going to update the further ones in further patches, but in a typical GGG fashion they forgot. :lol:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom