Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I insisted on building up the quality because I read that the higher the quality and the item level, the better modifiers you get when you upgrade the item.
I don't remember this ever being true. Quality affects your chance of linking the item when spamming Orb of Fusing on it though.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
AwesomeButton before I forget: if you scourge a normal base, it will turn rare. We used it for rings and amulets during league start, but you might wanna try that for weapons.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Thanks! I'm just doing first steps into the mines and it's huge fun, but more and more *decisions* are opening up on how to use currency to upgrade equipment. :D

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is also the rustic sash vendor recipe, but I had much better results on average with the Essence method. YMMV. The recipe is:
- 1 weapon A
- 1 Blacksmith's Whetstone
- 1 magic/rare/unique Rustic Sash
this will give you the weapon A back but with a "x% increased physical damage" mod on it. Strength is determined by the rarity and itemlevel of the Rustic Sash. You then use an Orb of Augmentation on it and pray that you get an attack mod. If you do, you can then use a Regal Orb on it and pray again that you get an attack mod. Whether you do or not, you can still craft some attack mod with the bench on it, for a potential of 4 attack mods. The likelihood of this happening is quite low however and Regal Orbs are hard to come by in the early game. I don't recommend this method.
I tried this but it will downgrade my rare to a magic weapon :)

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
You're supposed to do it with a normal base. Attack based leveling recipes are cucked. Casters get a big boost at lvl20 and you can even get a +1 gems wand fairly easily.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Essence crafting is pretty nice btw. Even if nothing great comes out, you still have a rare item with one or two slots available to add something to from the crafting bench.

I'm finding that it makes sense to sacrifice other modifiers for "increased rarity of items found". Love the gambling aspect of this game :D

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
This league rarity-finding is in a great spot. If you do ever get to the endgame, I highly recommend trying that in the t3 Tower map with as much rarity gear as you can muster while still being able to clear the nightmare dimension up to the last floor. It was the most fun grind I ever did in PoE to date.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Siege of the Atlas

Hope they don't bring back influence shenaningans from old Shaper vs. Elder era, that one sucked.

wtf sirus get tentacles
everybody needs one

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
That's not Sirus, that's either Chaos or one of his presumably 4 Lieutenants.

4th February is less delay than I hoped, but they are getting ahead of the Elden Ring release and I welcome that as well.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Hope they don't bring back influence shenaningans from old Shaper vs. Elder era, that one sucked.
I really liked shaper and elder fighting on the atlas. Mainly because it meant you could fight elder in low yellow maps if you managed things.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really liked shaper and elder fighting on the atlas. Mainly because it meant you could fight elder in low yellow maps if you managed things.

The RNG aspect was highly frustrating, with an hour of progress being potentially wiped because RNG randomly took out elder influence at a required spot.

Then the only way of clawing back your influence progress being to do a map that you didn't currently have.

I always sighed in relief after getting the uber elder quest done back then just so I'd have the challenge done for that league.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The RNG aspect was highly frustrating, with an hour of progress being potentially wiped because RNG randomly took out elder influence at a required spot.
This is true, but iirc most of the time the influence moved to the map you just did. But yeah, not having the proper maps was annoying. But it's always been with the atlas progression.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Some of the frames in the teaser show Maven and what looks like her taking a region of the Atlas. Elder is also visible for a frame. Maybe we'll have 4 entities on the Atlas, vying for control and by eliminating 3 of the regions we get to fight one Uber version of them. Choose your own boss.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
MapTab.jpg

i'm erect

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sınce we are getting "conqurer maps" it's safe to assume that a new Atlas mechanic and main boss on its way. Good riddance I day, Siruis was ther worst boss fight they came up with. (yet...)

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sure, but that won't change anything for the fight itself. It also doesn't change much, if you were skipping Sirus before.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, but that won't change anything for the fight itself. It also doesn't change much, if you were skipping Sirus before.

Makes him easier to skip I guess. I never really had an issue with Sirus either way.

Poorly designed fight at times, but I never felt it was as bad as most of the POE community makes out.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's not as clean as Atziri, Shaper and Uber Elder, but with Maven witnessing those fights are now dirty as well.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Sirus fight was decent.
Until you have to come back for some reasons, then it might be a problem. Unless you can tank those vortex-things, his attacks or even both at once. Then yeah, no problem here...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Sirus fight was decent.
Until you have to come back for some reasons, then it might be a problem. Unless you can tank those vortex-things, his attacks or even both at once. Then yeah, no problem here...

I bet 99% of the Sirus complaints would have disappeared if they'd just set it so there was a short grace period on re-entering the arena.

Other than the frustration of a death, it's a pretty straight forward fight (also barring occasional, but frustrating bugs).

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
For whomst'vever wanted gamepad support - Bex said this:

We've made a lot of progress on implementing this and it was fairly close to making it in for 3.17. However, it's not going to be ready in time. To summarise: it's definitely coming, don't have a date just yet but it's not too far off.

I bet 99% of the Sirus complaints would have disappeared if they'd just set it so there was a short grace period on re-entering the arena.

Other than the frustration of a death, it's a pretty straight forward fight (also barring occasional, but frustrating bugs).
I think his design is very aids for people who have to ramp, use dots, play "true" melee or all of the above.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Sirus fight was decent.

I hate the Sirus fight. You're supposed to be able to tell his attacks from his voice lines, but they're either drowned out by the other sounds or he just doesn't say them, because I don't think I ever heard a single one. The whole fight takes place on a dark red background, with super damaging dark red ground effects, with lighter red targeting indicators, and more red laser beams, all surrounded by dark red zones of annihilation. It's just fucking awful from a visual design perspective.

And in the final phase, he just teleports all around the place making it really hard to do any dps for some builds, and just generally making it really hard to dodge his attacks because he is continually offscreen. Shaper and elder were miles above sirus (despite elder fight also being mostly grey on grey).

I don't have much hope this next wave of endgame bosses will be much better, I think GGG make bad endgame bossfights on purpose to encourage more grinding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom