Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Sykar

Arcane
maxresdefault.jpg

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Week 1 over. I am lvl95, have 340k kills, 9 outta 40, the first two Watchstones and I am still on a 5-link. Less motivated this league than usual. Collected 3 sets of Chains That Bind already, but no Armour/Evasion base. Tried recombining them with a chest that had Spell Suppression on it. It worked only once so far, but the resulting chest has 6 mods and I need at least 1 open prefix to craft the Gravicious mod onto it. Going to wait for a split beast I guess. That said, Chains That Bind drops really well in Cells and the new Shadow Shaping passive allows for a cool blocking strat sustain with only half the favoured slots unlocked. "Harvest in every map" meta makes this the friendliest SSF league yet. But so far it has been slowing down my progress as I feel compelled to use all of the reforges.

I like the Sentinel mechanic a lot. It lays over every mechanic in the game, except pinnacle bosses and unique maps. The inclusion of a fishing unique makes me think that GGG will keep it in the base game. That and also the overall positive reception from the community. I wonder how they will handle the UI though, since all the plebs without an MMO mouse instantly raged at the 3 additional keybinds.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I like the Sentinel mechanic a lot. It lays over every mechanic in the game, except pinnacle bosses and unique maps. The inclusion of a fishing unique makes me think that GGG will keep it in the base game. That and also the overall positive reception from the community.
A lot of people are suggesting they'll remove the ghosts and replace them with sentinel. It could be.

Personally I think it's boring as it's just +++HP +++DAMAGE (at least as far as I can tell).

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Personally I think it's boring as it's just +++HP +++DAMAGE (at least as far as I can tell).
There is a node on the passive tree for the yellow one that gives the monster Onslaught. There is also one that gives them Sap for the first 5 seconds. Besides that there are also some unique ones that have special properties, like the one that turns everything to stone. I like the current implementation with the power cores, because it's another thing to gamble on at the end of the day. The only downside is the potential stash space requirements.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Did my 6 challenges. Not sure why orb of scouring + skill gem didn't count for "trade skill gem", so I did blink arrow as well.

The sound of the gladiator bleed explosion is very satisfying though, so I will do some maps.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Did he have -60 chaos res or something?
Clicked phys as chaos (With the node so +25% more damage) no map mods. -30 chaos res, definitely rippy but i did uber awakener with -7 chaos res. Was not expecting to kill all uber bosses and have pretty much the most geared character in the entire league fall over on an auto attack from a blue mob.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Did he have -60 chaos res or something?
Clicked phys as chaos (With the node so +25% more damage) no map mods. -30 chaos res, definitely rippy but i did uber awakener with -7 chaos res. Was not expecting to kill all uber bosses and have pretty much the most geared character in the entire league fall over on an auto attack from a blue mob.
8rxvnitwls091.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I get that, but it's still a basic attack from a blue mob.
I mean in a sense yes, and poe does have a one shot problem. But this is pretty much self inflicted. If you know you have a big weakness to chaos damage, then maybe don't pick up a mod that exploits that weakness.

It's kinda like running without a freeze immunity flask and clicking unided strongboxes, sooner or later you're going to die and it's not really the games fault.

At the same time, stuff like this is why I stopped playing HC.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
While I dislike the current state of rare and magic mods, PoE has always been like this. In the beginning you were always getting killed by some white/blue/rare mob. And everyone fucking loved it. Everyone was playing HC back then.

The difference now is that we actually have big pinnacle bosses and also that people can make really decked out characters, whereas before you only had very limited crafting. Losing a character with so much power feels much worse than losing a character that had "triple res and life" boots. Not to mention that the play style and gear requirements for the pinnacle boss fights are quite different to those for mapping.

Last league Alkaizer died on his Mageblood character to a regular bleed. People just laughed at him then. Now suddenly this Ziz death showcases a giant systemic problem, even though this has been the case from the very beginning of PoE. Ziz is notorious for dying a lot because of his careless play style (being in melee range on his FR Totems char for example).

I see many parallels to George Floyd thing: a mundane case of harsh consequences for a repeat offender who should have known better, but just couldn't help himself but get into trouble. Being blown up by the community, not because the case is special, but because the community needs an excuse to scream at their caretakers.

tritosine2k

Erudite
perfected my get rich quick scheme:

you can drop a 40 chaos div card and decide not to sell it on an instant, make 3/3 with harvest sacrifice, still not sell, clear T16 40% deli with 1ex build then trade in cards for ~40ex watchers eye

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom