Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is this real life?
rskuzpg7ykt61.png

also iirc streamers skips queue, from 6k+ to character creation in seconds

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Even more fucked launch than Ritual and they've got no idea what's causing the issues.

You'd think after 8+ years of doing this, they'd know how to make a stable launch.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Imagine getting day(s) off from your job to watch wrong numbers going up.

m2990l9i9lt61.png

Good thing it's the night now, wonder if something change in the morning/afternoon, but for now

Funny that GGG loves to brag about players numbers yet patiently wait for ~90% to sod off...

Harvest?
More like Famine amrite?

Last edited:

Renfri

Cipher
Shame for servers issues, cos this 2.0 Ritual league is kinda cool and exciting

Razor

Arcane
Spears fuck yeah

Lol

"ARMOR FROST BOLTS!"
"INCINDIEARY BOLTS!"
"ARMOUR PIERCING BOLTS!"
"INCINDIEARY BOLTS!"
"ARMOR FROST BOLTS!"
"INCINDIEARY BOLTS!"
"ARMOUR PIERCING BOLTS!"
"ARMOR FROST BOLTS!"

Will have to ask Chris to show the audio mute options next demo.

abija

Prophet
The streaming textures tech... just wow. Unloads your inventory textures each time you zone...
The whole point of this kind of stuff is to happen in the background. Nobody there realized opening inventory to check if really full, porting and opening shop window/stash is extremely common?

Ah what the hell I'll try it out. I haven't played in long time and remember pretty much nothing. Is trickster any good? Looks like something fun to play with those movement skill bonuses and frenzy charge generation for "nothing personel kid" attack spam. What skills should I be aware of?

abija

Prophet
Funny that each league spell effects seem to be designed for less than 5 monsters on screen. I just don't get how reducing visual clusterfuck and performance aren't at the top of their priorities considering their business model.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
started new league as ranger, gotten tabula rasa early and switched to shadow to test some skills.
First I went with toxic rain, then I switched to blade blast from bladefall. Whole thing sort of reminded me of bladefall poison trapper i played loooong, looong time ago. And then it hit me, it was before ascendancy I think, so I couldnt have fun with dot trickster trapper not having issues with mana/es/life and I started thinking about it again.
I did check poe ninja and it appears that almost no one is playing trap support to begin with.
Bladefall is just null skill. Is it bad now or something? I recall poison bladefall being very good when I played it

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Bladefall is just null skill. Is it bad now or something? I recall poison bladefall being very good when I played it
Afaik bladefall is generally inferior to other skills. There are better phyisical damage spells for whatever it is you want to do.
I did check poe ninja and it appears that almost no one is playing trap support to begin with.
Traps are mostly just worse mines and the playstyles are pretty similar in terms of pros and cons, so most people just play mines.

Also I kind of like this ultimatum league mechanic. Having a decent amount of fun with my reap jugg, but had to ditch the lowlife aspect because I don't feel nearly tanky enough, even with 6 endurance charges.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Afaik bladefall is generally inferior to other skills. There are better phyisical damage spells for whatever it is you want to do.
Traps are mostly just worse mines and the playstyles are pretty similar in terms of pros and cons, so most people just play mines.

Also I kind of like this ultimatum league mechanic. Having a decent amount of fun with my reap jugg, but had to ditch the lowlife aspect because I don't feel nearly tanky enough, even with 6 endurance charges.

as for bladefall being inferior - when you play poisoner you want to maximize number of poisons per cast. Hence why bladefall is nice - aoe physical that hits everything multiple times, especially larger targets.
Traps in such setup are superior since afaik you cant place multiple mines at the same time? I can see now that cluster traps got nerfed which sucks big time. Single spell cascade basically equals trap + multi traps...

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Traps in such setup are superior since afaik you cant place multiple mines at the same time?
There is minefield support, which lets you throw many mines. Also iirc mines have more +throw speed available so it's not hard to be tossing 10+ mines per second.

I think blade vortex is the preferred poison spell these days. Can't put it on a mine or trap though, obviously. But playing poison and trap/mine seems like one major mechanic too many?

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik

wat

Are we talking about the same skill that - with shit gear - is able to achieve 50m dps without issue? Big Ducks' Inq BF/BB hits 190m paper dps (70-80m real dps) on a 10 ex budget. There's a poison BF/BB variant that hits for ~300m dps.

Now, if we're talking about it as a piece of shit quality of life skill, then sure. Nonetheless, it's THE boss killer skill over the past few leagues, and that's with the most recent nerf.

Traps in such setup are superior since afaik you cant place multiple mines at the same time?

wat

My basic ass BL miner puts down ~20 mines for the Blastchain support. Where does the idea that you can't place multiple mines come from?

Also iirc mines have more +throw speed available so it's not hard to be tossing 10+ mines per second.

Swift Assembly also lets you put down multiple mines per throw (sometimes).

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
wat

My basic ass BL miner puts down ~20 mines for the Blastchain support. Where does the idea that you can't place multiple mines come from?
as in single awesome button click -> deterministic number of mines placed at the same time

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
You're right, you can't have a deterministic number of mines with one click, but a one second hold on the awesome button will put down ~20 mines with a bit of throwing speed investment.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Are we talking about the same skill that - with shit gear - is able to achieve 50m dps without issue? Big Ducks' Inq BF/BB hits 190m paper dps (70-80m real dps) on a 10 ex budget. There's a poison BF/BB variant that hits for ~300m dps.

Now, if we're talking about it as a piece of shit quality of life skill, then sure. Nonetheless, it's THE boss killer skill over the past few leagues, and that's with the most recent nerf.
Did not know this, I don't pay attention to the meta that much. When I theorycraft bladefall it tends to end up doing shit damage :M
You're right, you can't have a deterministic number of mines with one click, but a one second hold on the awesome button will put down ~20 mines with a bit of throwing speed investment.
https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Minefield_Support

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
You're right, I got mixed up with thinking Swift Assembly-style percentage extra mines applied to Minefield, too...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
i hate it when in ssf you get cool unique and got to start over

wl Ive gtten akuna wil and alwaa swanted to explode zombies(long time ago did it in regular league with instability, belt applying potions to minions and chugging potion that reduces life). Should be easier now!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom