Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
did they increase map drops?

playing ssf, ive just realized that Im so far doing perfect atlas exploration. Not repeating a single map, like 5 uniques already done, full secondary bag of yellow maps to be done for the first time(clearing t7 now)
It doesnt leave me with time to do my delving

New atlas passives with help from Kirac makes getting maps a breeze.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
done.png

I did it again. This time even earlier than last league. Got 1 Insane Cat from a stacked dick, gambled it 1 > 2 > 4 > 7 > 9. I've never won harder in PoE. I'm still in disbelief, but now the League can finally start!

edit: on the same fucking day from some normie mob in a map that wasn't even alched

kalandra_ring.png

Chris-mas came early for me.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
I don't really care for the EXTREME DIFFICULTY NG+100 XxXTREME DANTE MUST DIE difficulty modes, I just want to summon a large blob of minions and throw them at my enemies to murder them with. How far can I get into this game with such a character?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I don't really care for the EXTREME DIFFICULTY NG+100 XxXTREME DANTE MUST DIE difficulty modes, I just want to summon a large blob of minions and throw them at my enemies to murder them with. How far can I get into this game with such a character?

This is the game for you then.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Far enough, don't be fooled by the currency zoomers (which don't get me wrong can also be fun), there is plenty of regular old fun to be had just fucking around with the game's systems. There are many options for fun summoning builds, just fuck around and see what you like.

ArchAngel

Arcane
About mid way into endgame. For beyond you will need to learn how to make a good character. If you were not summoner you would get stuck at start of endgame.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There's some YT channel doing "zoo mancer" build guide, maybe he got something?
I've used to play Mage Skeleton summoner and that was the only summoner/necro build (beside Diablo1 mods and Nox) where it was fun for me.
Not sure how Skelemage build is doing these days after some changes...

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Every time a necro fan asks about PoE I usually show them that this is an achievement and they're pretty much sold.
kOKNiMV.png

But really, it's also got a lot of fun minions to play around with. You have your standard zombies, skellies, golems, animated weapons but also more complex things like specters and animated guardians.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
wtf is this shit
>abyss spire spawns more mobs with a projectile
>run more proj on map mods (people used to do the private league modifier for even more loot before GGG disabled it)
>juice the shit out of that map
>get even more juice out of the league mechanic

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Yeah, I got 2 as well, after all those years.
They wanted end the year and PoE with a bang it seems. It's raining currency and items. Some Valdo maps are just free Mageblood for most builds.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's honestly so stupid, I'm surprised this league isnt voided. The amount of raw currency drops you get with full MF gear thanks to AN currency conversion is just ridiculous. When a single rare has the capacity to drop 40+ divine orbs, you know something is seriously messed up.

ADL

Prophet
I wish I could ignore these shenanigans and just play SSF Ruthless instead but one of the main Ruthless guys on YouTube quit after breaking down how little league mechanics are present in maps and it's ridiculous. ~8% chance with atlas passives.

Just because I like Ruthless doesn't mean I want to play empty maps. I don't even care about the loot just break up the monotony of mapping.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
New update and...

did they put fucking queue like a month into the league? Or am I trippin' balls...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I think this much currency and item dropping is meant for new Valdo map voids. They drop life flies either for promoting shit, for lulz or underestimating the maps. Last night a group of for died in seconds which was really lulz worthy for general chat.

Some dude also voided a 15 mirror worth of character. So those balance out themselves a bit, I guess.

Meahwhile I can do some absurd shit thanks to all those currency and raw drops. Got a six linked non corrupt Lightning Coil and Kalandara's touch this weekend from Vaal temple. And made a new RF chieftain just for the my leisure.

Grunker It is still possible to level as RF, did as a chieftain and didn't got many levelling gear, except Goldrim and Lifespring which didn't helped much. At level 17-18, getting the fire res.mastery that gives extra regen still enough for maintaining RF alone. Got Searing Bond and Infernal Warcry for supporting it. Levelling was smooth and mapping was even smoother thanks to Chieftains explosions. Monsters die from its explosions can also trigger it, sometimes clearing whole 2 screens, even if they are juiced from the league mechanic.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't really care for the EXTREME DIFFICULTY NG+100 XxXTREME DANTE MUST DIE difficulty modes, I just want to summon a large blob of minions and throw them at my enemies to murder them with.

I think you might just enjoy PoE my friend

tritosine2k

Erudite
Some portal vaal breach interaction would be funny.

Testing new atlas with delirium hard push, not saw a divine drop but sub 78 ilvl clusters are in yuge demand even late league. I found 3 reservation eff small clusters, also some 5 armor cluster (easiest craft ever for c)...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom