Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Israfael

Arcane
You kinda need sounds for boss attack queues (like annihilation etc), otherwise you'd die or get stunned etc.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I cannot believe I am saying this but after so many years I am more interested about trying Diablo 4 on gamepass than new PoE 1 league.

Just play D3 ot any other similar game, there I saved you some valuable time.
D3 is baaaaaad, never going back. Last Epoch is similar. D2 I've played enough. Same for GD. Played Inquisitor for 30h or so, not a good game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
dunno about d3, d4 was free over weekend recently. It sucked.
Its just bland, there is no depth to anything. Dropped it few h in

ArchAngel

Arcane
D4 is worse than D3 in everyway except graphics, you've been warned.
I like the campaign more, but that's not saying much.
Exactly, who really plays modern Diablo games for endgame?!
I just want to play 1-2 characters campaign to end and try some dungeons.

D3 campaign was both stupid and boring.

Last Epoch campaign was just boring and pointless, endgame is similarly boring just without any pretense of stupid story.

tritosine2k

Erudite
This genre needs to be redesigned around magic find bc thats the thing ppl obviously want, NOT visceral soulslike combat or (random) loot explushun. It's safe to say GGG is out of touch with this really. Blizzard hired ex cyberpunk devs so again idk why expect anything from large inefficient teams.

ArchAngel

Arcane
This genre needs to be redesigned around magic find bc thats the thing ppl obviously want, NOT visceral soulslike combat or (random) loot explushun. It's safe to say GGG is out of touch with this really. Blizzard hired ex cyberpunk devs so again idk why expect anything from large inefficient teams.
For me I want more RPG elements added, like exploration, quests and stuff. Combat needs to be slower and more tactical like it was in Diablo 1. Loot hunt can stay but with less loot explosions. If your game needs a loot filter you already fucked up.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Combat needs to be slower

That's not prerequisite of tactical.

Moreover if slow enough to see minutiae it needs to be realistic like piercing projectile shouldn't pierce 30 times bc it's ridiculous. A sufficiently large melee blow should pierce inherently etc. I doubt any dev can do this and if you can't then you have no business with slow gameplay anyway.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Dude you can check poe.ninja retroactively it's almost all magic find besides gimmick builds. I run minion bc. I can make space for 2 ring/boots...

Hell you had HCSSF magic find in misery gauntlet by top streamers, lol......

Ben won/cleared that tournament bc. got that destiny amulet. (Same guy farming pourcupine cards in act 8 for 1000 viewers)

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Archmage bros are we fucking back?

rLavplo.png

He goes over a bunch of mana stacker strats and what is probably going to be the strongest shit. I wouldn't bank too much on that new Manastorm, as the supply might be cucked due to t17s being potentially more difficult than actual Ubers at launch.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Tincture of perma-rage disagrees with you, it's much more powerful than most TWWTs (and i have one in SSF that was worth 100+ divs in trade)
There are like 2 Tinctures that were that level of power and the rest was basically worthless, because the opportunity cost of giving up a flask slot is just too high. And even the good ones were only useful to attack builds, whereas TWWT was used by everyone.
I never even tried, both Ultimatum and Blight are impossible to do in SSF. I guess gonna finish this league with 33-35/40 if I bother to finish the last challenges
image.png

Ultimatum wasn't impossible, but very painful. Blight was pretty easy.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I was very hyped during the trailer and the full reveal, but after reading the massacre that were the patchnotes, I'm more cautious again. The new League mechanic looks very interesting, but could end up being Synthesis levels of inoperability with how much you have to fiddle with it. Also the power of the crafting didn't look too hot for SSF. Especially when considering that they nerfed the Essence farming strat. It will all depend on the implementation. I'll try going Detonate Dead for the first week and see from there where to pivot.

Zeriel

Arcane
Tincture of perma-rage disagrees with you, it's much more powerful than most TWWTs (and i have one in SSF that was worth 100+ divs in trade)
There are like 2 Tinctures that were that level of power and the rest was basically worthless, because the opportunity cost of giving up a flask slot is just too high. And even the good ones were only useful to attack builds, whereas TWWT was used by everyone.
I never even tried, both Ultimatum and Blight are impossible to do in SSF. I guess gonna finish this league with 33-35/40 if I bother to finish the last challenges
image.png

Ultimatum wasn't impossible, but very painful. Blight was pretty easy.

It was just pure RNG. Like Affliction boss. Someone who is blessed by RNG will not understand what the problem was; whereas it's technically possible for a single person to run an RNG content like that forever and never see it. Could always buy it, I guess... but I hate that kind of thing. It activates my stubbornness in an autistic way.

I was very hyped during the trailer and the full reveal, but after reading the massacre that were the patchnotes, I'm more cautious again. The new League mechanic looks very interesting, but could end up being Synthesis levels of inoperability with how much you have to fiddle with it. Also the power of the crafting didn't look too hot for SSF. Especially when considering that they nerfed the Essence farming strat. It will all depend on the implementation. I'll try going Detonate Dead for the first week and see from there where to pivot.

Yeah, that's basically my takeway. It's a nerf league, and while I do find the league itself interesting, I am a total sucker for any Eternal flavor and lore, but it's hard to get excited when you know almost no matter what you do your character will end up drastically less powerful than in the last league.

Throwaway predictions always jynx you, but I feel pretty safe in saying there will be a lot of people complaining about the league mechanic, in terms of it apparently being unskippable and being the wisps problem on steroids. Like if wisps were added to every map without you ever being able to choose between touching wildwood and not. I heard someone speculate maybe you can avoid using the lantern, but haven't seen any proof of that so far.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
update to patch notes
there goes my Harvest farming for scarabs lottery
and RoA trapper build goes to the bin
great start already even though I've promised myself to skip the league or game for longer/entirely due to waste of time

tritosine2k

Erudite
there goes my Harvest farming for scarabs lottery
you can do fossils + fossilized delirium orb almost the same but delirium drops more fossil sometimes even quad resonator at this point pricier than winged

Better dilute mod pool for minion wand + shield xD

Just wtf... And convocation is still a net nerf (no more minion speed)

You can hardly craft either especially shield I kicked that out for unique bc. you simply can't craft it xD

Way to craft minion wand btw is 10-50c bases and exalt DON'T even bother with fractured... Simply wand and gloves and jewels is enough craft for a league.
Put back convening and convoking rare to loot filter vs fracture...

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Mine mastery that gave some 100% increased aoe was removed to make place for the utility node that replaced left click...

tritosine2k

Erudite
IDK why nerf minion endlessly, apparently they farmed the shit out of expedition with skeleton mages for less than 5 div and they already crashed that with no survivors.

Also that spectre helmet buff, you won't get base hp (good luck increasing 10k base) because spectre level is gone and can't really roll +1 level wand & amu & shit and best minion cluster doesn't apply to spectre so prob. DOA.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom