Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I'm sorry, but Valerie as a *bard*, of all classes? You guys heard her opinions about the arts and artists, right?

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Please, she’s “lawful” yet rambles on and on about her hatred of laws and customs imposed on her.
She has decent Charisma yet is as likeable as a toothache.

She’s a failed character regardless of class.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Please, she’s “lawful” yet rambles on and on about her hatred of laws and customs imposed on her.
Lawful characters aren't necessarily robots who gladly put up with whatever shit's being thrown at them.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you gentlemen familiar with OnlyFans? Popular music?

Female charisma is a whole different dynamic.

Desiderius

Patron
Game's not about builds, it's about putting together the right team for the job and attacking weaknesses instead of strengths.

Here's some fooling around with an Unfair Wurm:

UnfairMawsmash.jpg

Eats Regill's Hellhound for an appetizer and swallows Regill whole

UnfairGrapple.jpg

Regill's not going anywhere

UnfairMawSeelah.jpg

Seelah not sure what to do against a foe who isn't evil and isn't easily intimidated. Not doing much damage even when she hits since DR bypass is designed for DR/Good.

MawPerfectLann.jpg

Lann can use his little True Strike thingie but also not doing much (he shld be in melee to turn on his flanking and AoOs tho)

MawUmbral.jpg

I have Spell Specialization Hellfire Ray to get the third ray and... figured out that I'd forgotten to learn the spell (usually using Angel spells vs all the Evil shit). Umbral is fine but I have no Focus in Necromancy and Fortitude is it's strong save.

lvl14Bardtanking Maw.jpg

Why isn't this thing just destroying my team? Oh yeah supertank Kitsune Bard

UnfairMawDown.jpg

Found the chink finally. Playing kind of half-assed here but even on top of my game wasn't really easily ganking this thing. Was always about getting the DC up to a decent level and hitting the weak save.

lvl14angelfirstwrath.jpg

And here we go - first of many casts. Angel exclusive suckaz!

Desiderius

Patron
Builds above: Pal14, ZA14, Cleric14, Oracle14, Bard14

Seelah has the Mounted Combat Feats and Mobility in high 30s so would be interesting to go all out on her tankiness with Mount. So much obvious goodness for Pal in this setting.

Lann will get to the point where he can hit almost anything. Not there yet obviously but missing half my buffs above too. Right now he teleports next to casters and lights them up with Snap Shot AoOs to interrupt casts. Just picked up Ki Shout so that will be interesting variant. Probably going Inq for Wis to Init now? ZA high end very meh.

Sos is whacking shit with his Glaive and buffing in and out of combat.

Bard uses a lot of Fascinate just picked up Fear. Dirge Bard gets intimidation bonus so has Mythic Dazzling. High DCs vs Will, can also bash/bite/tank. Gets pounce next level.

MC has too many spells can just cast whatever. High caster level means even stupider Cleric buffs. Angel buffs are even better/gamebreaking but also much needed convenience. Throws Axe which would be good if procs were working.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know if pets hold their power late game but early they are totally beasts on their own.

They do but require some buffing in P:K. They get some equipment and Feats in Wrath.

Mortmal

Arcane
Builds above: Pal14, ZA14, Cleric14, Oracle14, Bard14

Seelah has the Mounted Combat Feats and Mobility in high 30s so would be interesting to go all out on her tankiness with Mount. So much obvious goodness for Pal in this setting.

Lann will get to the point where he can hit almost anything. Not there yet obviously but missing half my buffs above too. Right now he teleports next to casters and lights them up with Snap Shot AoOs to interrupt casts. Just picked up Ki Shout so that will be interesting variant. Probably going Inq for Wis to Init now? ZA high end very meh.

Sos is whacking shit with his Glaive and buffing in and out of combat.

Bard uses a lot of Fascinate just picked up Fear. Dirge Bard gets intimidation bonus so has Mythic Dazzling. High DCs vs Will, can also bash/bite/tank. Gets pounce next level.

MC has too many spells can just cast whatever. High caster level means even stupider Cleric buffs. Angel buffs are even better/gamebreaking but also much needed convenience. Throws Axe which would be good if procs were working.
Not multiclassing ? that seems a bit tame, having pathfinder , all those options and not using them... Well might as well use 5E.

Mortmal

Arcane
Full class indeed works, but min maxing you multiclass. It's ok to have a more laid back casual approach of rpgs, but i expected more in depth builds knowledge here.

Desiderius

Patron
There are narrow cases where multiclassing (or prestigeclassing) adds value. But not many.

It’s so cute when they try to mog you with the obsolete P:K release day meme takes.

You shall see, young Jedi.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
After playing kingmaker i remember lot of stuff not landing in end game,spells , abilities and even my slayer study enemy wasnt working, so does such strategy even work ? May very well end up with enemies immune too.
Full class indeed works, but min maxing you multiclass. It's ok to have a more laid back casual approach of rpgs, but i expected more in depth builds knowledge here.
The above quotes are very much related. I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling or if you just don't know what you're talking about, but you should really consider listening to Desiderius instead of digging your heels in. He does know what he's talking about.

Mortmal

Arcane
After playing kingmaker i remember lot of stuff not landing in end game,spells , abilities and even my slayer study enemy wasnt working, so does such strategy even work ? May very well end up with enemies immune too.
The above quotes are very much related. I'm genuinely not sure if you're trolling or if you just don't know what you're talking about, but you should really consider listening to Desiderius instead of digging your heels in. He does know what he's talking about.
He does certainly know about pathfinder, but seriously i am afraid not so much . I agree the group compostion matters most, however if you can min max each of the components its even better.
I kindly asked about the lich build, just throwing a theory , and received no serious answers , just discarded like that and made fun at, no discussion ,nothing . Yet i am pretty sure you dont have to striclty play a high level caster only with save or die spell . The build focusing on multihitting spells, may work , magic missile get countered by shield but theres other spells, the amount of spell could turn it into some sort of stat decay machine gun.
But no, no one explaining why its a bad idea, i am in all honesty , without trolling, disapointed by you guys.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
He does certainly know about pathfinder, but seriously i am afraid not so much . I agree the group compostion matters most, however if you can min max each of the components its even better.
I kindly asked about the lich build, just throwing a theory , and received no serious answers , just discarded like that and made fun at, no discussion ,nothing . Yet i am pretty sure you dont have to striclty play a high level caster only with save or die spell . The build focusing on multihitting spells, may work , magic missile get countered by shield but theres other spells, the amount of spell could turn it into some sort of stat decay machine gun.
But no, no one explaining why its a bad idea, i am in all honesty , without trolling, disapointed by you guys.
You asked for advice. You got some advice: Do not multiclass. This is not what the system encourages. It is more min than maxing unless you know exactly what you're doing, and you have no idea what you're doing.

You did not like that advice. You did not consider the possibility that you might, in fact, be wrong, and that the reason you saw "lot of stuff not landing in end game", was BECAUSE you multiclassed. You could have used that as an opportunity to reexamine your assumptions, learn and maybe grow better. But you preferred to dig your heels in and start behaving like a hurt little bitch with your passive aggressiveness.

At this point, it's pretty clear you don't really want to learn what your betters would like to teach you. You're not interested in advice that works. You're only interested in advice that fits your retarded preconceptions. And as long as this remains the case, no one can help with your problem of "lot of stuff not landing in end game".

Mortmal

Arcane
You asked for advice. You got some advice: Do not multiclass. This is not what the system encourages. It is more min than maxing unless you know exactly what you're doing, and you have no idea what you're doing.

You did not like that advice. You did not consider the possibility that you might, in fact, be wrong, and that the reason you saw "lot of stuff not landing in end game", was BECAUSE you multiclassed. You could have used that as an opportunity to reexamine your assumptions, learn and maybe grow better. But you preferred to dig your heels in and start behaving like a hurt little bitch with your passive aggressiveness.

At this point, it's pretty clear you don't really want to learn what your betters would like to teach you. You're not interested in advice that works. You're only interested in advice that fits your retarded preconceptions. And as long as this remains the case, no one can help with your problem of "lot of stuff not landing in end game".
There's no a single thing informative nor helpful in your post. No knowledge of anything, no explanation about the weakness of my theory build , just some rage and ill placed arrogance . No the reason the study enemy wasnt landing was not due to multiclassing, when cast on the wriggling man, i was surprised to read on the log the swift action study enemy wasnt working there,immune, just like that no reason given, the slayer had true seeing , buffed etc .So i am wondering if bosses in wotr could not just be immune to stat damage just like that as well, they are likely immune to level drain and similar.
But anyway what's the point to even post here, you dont want to explain things or you more likely dont know shit.

Desiderius

Patron
I’ve never seen Studied Target (Swift) not work, sounds like a bug for that specific mob. Then again d20 says you have to see the target and you sound like you might just be retarded enough to neglect Perception on your Slayer so maybe that’s causing it. Maybe you’ve been relying on your Sneaks to trigger it and Wriggling Man is immune to Precision Damage? That’s a rare enough immunity in P:K that it could also be turning off Study.

I can’t give you Lich advice because RPing Evil is ghey and Liches are Evil.

You keep whining about no specific advice but keeping talking in generalities yourself. You bragged about those characters being tame but made no argument for what splashes or dips would improve them.

Mortmal

Arcane
I’ve never seen Studied Target (Swift) not work, sounds like a bug for that specific mob. Then again d20 says you have to see the target and you sound like you might just be retarded enough to neglect Perception on your Slayer so maybe that’s causing it. Maybe you’ve been relying on your Sneaks to trigger it and Wriggling Man is immune to Precision Damage? That’s a rare enough immunity in P:K that it could also be turning off Study.

I can’t give you Lich advice because RPing Evil is ghey and Liches are Evil.

You keep whining about no specific advice but keeping talking in generalities yourself. You bragged about those characters being tame but made no argument for what splashes or dips would improve them.
No need to be an arrogant cunt, perception is maxed, whatever it was it was clearly written immune .
You could simply said from the beggining you dont know shit about the lich...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom