Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Litmanen

Educated
Litmanen if you want to learn how to effectively boost AC you can look at other people's builds to determine what stacks and what doesn't
Amiri is not going to be bulletproof on Hard.

She should be dealing out blows, not taking them.
Indeed I'm trying to use Valerie and the Leopard as tank, but with AC of 31 and 34, they are normally violated in one or two rounds in the fight with the Stag Lord by the 2/3 guys with +20 attack (and they usually hit a critical too....).

I think I'll try to level up to the fifth level (if I can... I miss 3500 points).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Stag Lord fight is about taking your time and preparing ahead of time (by recruiting allies and depriving him of his, as a good king does).

Should be faceroll if you do that.

But yes power takes a big spike at lvl 5.

Litmanen

Educated
Stag Lord fight is about taking your time and preparing ahead of time (by recruiting allies and depriving him of his, as a good king does).

Yes, exactly, indeed now I'm doing all the side location to try to gain a level, but I don't think I will succeed. I think I have to face this battle as fourth level.

Sadly, I've killed the girl in the bandit camp (she hasn't given me any other option). But at least now I have on my side the second in command of The Stag Lord (who is also sick because of the wine, that has been a lucky shot).

And, I must admit, my character was really bad (completely useless in melee AND in range combat), so I respecced him. Always an Inquisitor, always more or less the same things, but I've changed his characteristics, it was completely completely unbalanced (8 str, 10 cos, 12 des, and then everything in char, wis and int). Now I could also fight, maybe. Still weak.

Yosharian

Arcane
Sounds like you want to be a caster rather than a fighter, with those stats. Also, you do realise you're supposed to take out his camp before fighting him right?

Desiderius

Patron

Yes, exactly, indeed now I'm doing all the side location to try to gain a level, but I don't think I will succeed. I think I have to face this battle as fourth level.

Sadly, I've killed the girl in the bandit camp (she hasn't given me any other option). But at least now I have on my side the second in command of The Stag Lord (who is also sick because of the wine, that has been a lucky shot).

And, I must admit, my character was really bad (completely useless in melee AND in range combat), so I respecced him. Always an Inquisitor, always more or less the same things, but I've changed his characteristics, it was completely completely unbalanced (8 str, 10 cos, 12 des, and then everything in char, wis and int). Now I could also fight, maybe. Still weak.
Should be able to Castigate some of the bad guys if you went went WIS. INT and CHR don't do much for you. You do get a bonus to Intimidate checks as you level so CHR not a total waste.

A strategically placed Demoralize isn't the worst thing you can do.

Litmanen

Educated
Sounds like you want to be a caster rather than a fighter, with those stats. Also, you do realise you're supposed to take out his camp before fighting him right?
I don't know what I wanted to be, but I was derailed by other game systems where you can just be the one who talks, solve things, has ideas etc etc. It's not for this system. Or, at least, for an Inquisitor.

Yes, I know I have to take out this camp first. That's why I have his second in command with me now and I know I can take the Owlbear. But I'm trying anyway to come back stronger.

Litmanen

Educated

Should be able to Castigate some of the bad guys if you went went WIS. INT and CHR don't do much for you. You do get a bonus to Intimidate checks as you level so CHR not a total waste.

A strategically placed Demoralize isn't the worst thing you can do.
I have Castigate, indeed. And also demoralize is something I use. I use more often Daze, that works amazingly

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know what I wanted to be, but I was derailed by other game systems where you can just be the one who talks, solve things, has ideas etc etc. It's not for this system. Or, at least, for an Inquisitor.

Yes, I know I have to take out this camp first. That's why I have his second in command with me now and I know I can take the Owlbear. But I'm trying anyway to come back stronger.
Don't take the Owlbear, let the Owlbear take out the guys that killed Amiri.

Need to make sure every skill is covered, and pay attention to what stat each skill uses and which classes get bonuses. INT usually isn't a cump stat since it governs how many skill pts you get.

Litmanen

Educated

Don't take the Owlbear, let the Owlbear take out the guys that killed Amiri.

Need to make sure every skill is covered, and pay attention to what stat each skill uses and which classes get bonuses. INT usually isn't a cump stat since it governs how many skill pts you get.
My "take" the Owlbear means that I free him and then it does the greatest part of the job for me.

No one has killed Amiri (for the moment). I don't know f it's part of the malus I have to balance the fight if I get a lot of alliances, but we'll see. Don't say anything <3

Yosharian

Arcane
Honestly I always found the Stag Lord fight very easy so I'm not sure what to suggest other than make sure all his allies are taken care of

Litmanen

Educated
Honestly I always found the Stag Lord fight very easy so I'm not sure what to suggest other than make sure all his allies are taken care of
What difficulty?
Unfair, except for the 2x damage which I think is just retarded so I turn it off.
I'm on full hard, but I'm weak.

Plus, the first time I went "ballistic" so the Stag Lord and his minions & companions were all together in front of his door. Now, I went back in a more stealthy way and that's why I have his second in command with me. But before I "erase" his camp of all the minions, I want to try to level up.

Otherwise I go back as 4th level and i'm sure that with the stealth approach would be better since I'll have to face the biggest problems not all together

Yosharian

Arcane
What difficulty?
Unfair, except for the 2x damage which I think is just retarded so I turn it off.
I'm on full hard, but I'm weak.

Plus, the first time I went "ballistic" so the Stag Lord and his minions & companions were all together in front of his door. Now, I went back in a more stealthy way and that's why I have his second in command with me. But before I "erase" his camp of all the minions, I want to try to level up.

Otherwise I go back as 4th level and i'm sure that with the stealth approach would be better since I'll have to face the biggest problems not all together
Oh right well yeah he's a lot harder if you face all his minions. There's a couple in particular in the back that are actually pretty vicious

Litmanen

Educated
Guys, another stupid question:

at the 5th level bth Jaethal and me have acquired the "Bane" feat. The problem is that Bane should normally work against a specified/favoured enemy but, while I've chosen for myself "humans", I haven't been given the chance for Jaethal. So, againt who will it work?

Yosharian

Arcane
Bane feat? wut

If you are referring to the Inquisitor Bane weapon ability, it applies to all enemies because Owlcat didn't implement enemy selection for it.

Desiderius

Patron

at the 5th level bth Jaethal and me have acquired the "Bane" feat. The problem is that Bane should normally work against a specified/favoured enemy but, while I've chosen for myself "humans", I haven't been given the chance for Jaethal. So, againt who will it work?
It works on everything. Pretty good once you can get the duration up a bit.

Jae13Inqcrit.jpg

The bonus shows up as a +2 Other on the Weapon.

Litmanen

Educated
Bane feat? wut

If you are referring to the Inquisitor Bane weapon ability, it applies to all enemies because Owlcat didn't implement enemy selection for it.
Yes bane feat, ability, skill.

Bane. That!

It works on everything. Pretty good once you can get the duration up a bit.

View attachment 49731

The bonus shows up as a +2 Other on the Weapon.
Thank you both!

Litmanen

Educated
Guys, I have just accepted the Barony and I have built part of my new city, two days ago. From then on, I haven't played the game. This "kingdom management" part scares me. Can I do without destroying everything suddenly and forcing myself to restart?

Because I have heard a lot of terribe things about the kingdom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom