Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
Yep Cacophonous Call. Also doesn't Hideous Laughter work against trolls?

Litmanen

Educated
Also Hold Person and Castigate work. But I don't have Hideous Laughter with this party. I have to make someone learn it (maybe Tristian? Instead of Bestow Curse that I never use)

Litmanen

Educated
Also Hold Person and Castigate work. But I don't have Hideous Laughter with this party. I have to make someone learn it (maybe Tristian? Instead of Bestow Curse that I never use)
You said you have Linzi, bards get Hideous Laughter as a 1st-level spell
You know I'm not sure? Maybe.

The obly thing I'm sure is that I haven't selected it for her, in case.

Yosharian

Arcane
You said you have Linzi, bards get Hideous Laughter as a 1st-level spell
You know I'm not sure? Maybe.

The obly thing I'm sure is that I haven't selected it for her, in case.
I am sure. You probably didn't pick it - fix that next level

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It cannot be understated how powerful the Bard spell list is in this game. Even their special abilities like Fascinate trivialize so much of the game. It's not a powerful solo class (since not killing enemies isn't an option, which is always lame in cRPGs), but a bard character will make sure your melee characters won't get a scratch on them while they murder all hostiles in the area.

Litmanen

Educated
It cannot be understated how powerful the Bard spell list is in this game. Even their special abilities like Fascinate trivialize so much of the game. It's not a powerful solo class (since not killing enemies isn't an option, which is always lame in cRPGs), but a bard character will make sure your melee characters won't get a scratch on them while they murder all hostiles in the area.
To be honest, my melee characters got a lot of scratches, eh!

Even Valerie. She has 34 AC and, when we survive, she has scratches...

Litmanen

Educated
To be honest, my melee characters got a lot of scratches, eh!

Even Valerie. She has 34 AC and, when we survive, she has scratches...
Sorry bro, but that means you suck at the game.
Ah, but that was out of question, yeah!

I think we set the question long ago, after my first post, maybe. And I repeated it several times "I'm weak/unable" to set tactics and strategies. But, I play to unfair, truth be said.
So, I suck but...

Anyway, now it is going a little bit better. I have almost killed all the Trolls in the map of Bartholomew Delgado + the three (also Dimwit) inside in just one run at the 6th level without dying! For me it's quite an accomplishment!

Litmanen

Educated

Even Valerie. She has 34 AC
Ah my sweet summer child
Then again, could be 34 AC without the armor
That could have been, yes, if only I knew everything by heart and I put anything in the right position. But I don't, because I prefer to choose what to do with my characters instead of repeating tha same game of hundreds of other people with the same builds.

Beside that, I still love your suggestions and advices.

Keep in mind that the difficulty knobs are VERY strong in this game. Where 34 AC is statistically identical to 0 AC on insane its respectable for core and is probably practically unhittable at normal or below.

Litmanen

Educated
Keep in mind that the difficulty knobs are VERY strong in this game. Where 34 AC is statistically identical to 0 AC on insane its respectable for core and is probably practically unhittable at normal or below.
But I'm not complaining I die, eh. I find funny that the game can bel challenging (for me) at Unfair. I tried to put it at "Challenging" level and it was incredibly easy, so I know for sure that 34 AC and/or +17 to Attack Bonus can be A LOT or "nothing" just switching difficulty.

I'm just letting you know that it happens I die because I suck

Lemming42

Arcane
After like five abortive attempts to play this, I'm going to finish it this time. I'm determined.

Someone tell me how to build the sickest unarmed monk ever. I played as a DEX Monk last time and cleaned every combat encounter the fuck up so I'm confident that it's the way forward, but I just wondered if anyone had any advice of the "oh yeah pick this one specific perk and suddenly you're invincible" variety.

Yosharian

Arcane
After like five abortive attempts to play this, I'm going to finish it this time. I'm determined.

Someone tell me how to build the sickest unarmed monk ever. I played as a DEX Monk last time and cleaned every combat encounter the fuck up so I'm confident that it's the way forward, but I just wondered if anyone had any advice of the "oh yeah pick this one specific perk and suddenly you're invincible" variety.
Well, it's mostly itemization. Check out my Virtuoso build here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1528413526 This is more of a support build though, but it does very good damage. Mostly it boils down to 'Be Lawful Evil' and 'use these specific items that boost unarmed damage'

If you want standard monk rather than Sensei, then just max out your STR instead of your WIS. But IMO, the strength of pure monk revolves around Sensei because it offers unparalleled team contribution with bard song and extra attack buffs. Without that, you're just an average fighter.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Sensei gives you virtually unlimited free Mass Restorations, I believe. It is Wis-based, though, and you need a minimum of 11 levels in it to get the Mass part.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Do you want a pure 20 levels of monk or some dual class brokenness? Scaled Fist, focusing on charisma, Dragon Style and some Eldritch Scion/Dragon Disciple/Paladin levels kills enemies so fast that you won't need any defences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom