Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This "all women are CN" must be the most :foreveralone: incel-theory that ever inceled. The levels of extreme dorkiness combined with the classic veiled antipathy against womenz is a cocktail containing an amount of virginity thus far believed by scientists to be unattainable due to the laws of physics. If ever normies begin to think these phenomena have natural restrictions, Codex will always be here to prove them wrong

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
This "all women are CN" must be the most :foreveralone: incel-theory that ever inceled. The levels of extreme dorkiness combined with the classic veiled antipathy against womenz is a cocktail containing an amount of virginity thus far believed by scientists to be unattainable due to the laws of physics. If ever normies begin to think these phenomena have natural restrictions, Codex will always be here to prove them wrong
joker-holding-a-card-why-so-serious-meme.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yosharian

Arcane
And I thought I spent crazy amount of time with this game.. I've been playing for 444 hours.
Steam says it is 1030h :oops: I have nice PC and like 200+ games in my library. I should really play something that is not P:K.
How the... how the fuck do you already have 1k hours? The game only just came out!
Only came out almost 6 months ago...
Really, has it been that long? Wow, time really passed by quick. Of course, for 3-4 of those months the game was an utter shitshow...

Edit: ok so I did the math. Even with the game coming out 6 months ago, to have 1k hours played already, that's 5 hours a day, every day, since the game has come out.

What the fuck.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Only excuse I can invent right now is that I often leave it running in background when I work from home :)

Daidre

Arcane
Closer to 0,1 - 0,15. Since 1.2 beta in beginning of January I rarely have loading screen more then 3s long. And before I've spent most of my playtime in ch 1-4 where loadings were pretty decent even at release.

user

Savant
Wildshape is kinda lackluster... asked the dev of EA to add the PnP feats if he can. Here's to hoping.

Even if they do it probably still won't be able to compete. The 3.5 druid was so insane they kindda went overboard with the nerfs in PF IMO.

Might become worth pressing that ws button in some situations though.

But the thing that absolutely annoys me is the smilodon walking animation. Is it me or does it look like it's skating on ice? Its leg animation is too fast and gating too small compared to its speed.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Wildshape is kinda lackluster... asked the dev of EA to add the PnP feats if he can. Here's to hoping.

Even if they do it probably still won't be able to compete. The 3.5 druid was so insane they kindda went overboard with the nerfs in PF IMO.

Might become worth pressing that ws button in some situations though.

But the thing that absolutely annoys me is the smilodon walking animation. Is it me or does it look like it's skating on ice? Its leg animation is too fast and gating too small compared to its speed.
As a caster druid it is always worth it to be air elemental. Only penalty is not being able to use metamagic rods. But Druid it not as good with direct damage spells as wizards are. You don't really need metamagic rods for summoning or casting stuff like Sirocco or Tar Pit.
BTW, fucking Tar Pit.. NO SR reflex save hold spell that is AOE and does damage at same time. I killed those Golems in Lonely Barrow only by casting one Tar Pit :D

Daidre

Arcane
BTW, fucking Tar Pit.. NO SR reflex save hold spell that is AOE and does damage at same time. I killed those Golems in Lonely Barrow only by casting one Tar Pit
But Tar Pool (?) is lvl 6 spell, available on lvl 11 on druid. Who cleans Lonely Barrow at lvl 11? It is available at start of ch2 and I thought that everyone do it around lvl 6-9.
I usually kill this golems with Web and bombs and snowballs.

Last edited:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
The thing that annoys me is enemies using baleful polymorph. Apparently they've changed a few things. Yesterday I had one of my guys turned to dog DC 46.
Casting of break enchantment did nothing, no matter how often you tried, didn't even trigger a failed check in the combat log, just nothing would happen. Casting of dispell/greater dispell the same. Wouldn't do anything and not even any checks in the combat log (this wasn't the case some time ago).
So the only thing that did anything at all was remove curse with the aforementioned check of DC46. Now, nobody could even come close to DC 46 of course. So I reloaded until Tristan rolled a 20. Failed anyway. Apparently you fail even on a 20 when not actually beating the DC.
What to do? NPC clerics which are there to "help" only sell scrolls, good luck casting a scroll at DC 46.
Now, formerly there was one last resort - killing the guy, then rezzing him. That seems "fixed" as well, if you try to do that now that character will still be polymorphed after the rez. So... that's it, no way to get rid of it. Pretty sure dispel magic should work on it, and it did work some time ago, but apparently that's no longer the case.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
It's possible that there's some variable involved I'm not aware of because the combat log doesn't show anything (after all dispel worked previously no problem), perhaps dispel would work with a successful caster level check, which my casters couldn't beat because it was done by that ghost sorcerer in Pitax castle who probably is very high level. Dunno.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, fucking Tar Pit.. NO SR reflex save hold spell that is AOE and does damage at same time. I killed those Golems in Lonely Barrow only by casting one Tar Pit
But Tar Pool (?) is lvl 6 spell, available on lvl 11 on druid. Who cleans Lonely Barrow at lvl 11? It is available at start of ch2 and I thought that everyone do it around lvl 6-9.
I usually kill this golems with Web and bombs and snowballs.
Maybe you missed the "by casting one Tar Pit". Your clearing of this area means whole party buffed up and hitting on the golems. This was one casting of this spell and watching the show.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The thing that annoys me is enemies using baleful polymorph. Apparently they've changed a few things. Yesterday I had one of my guys turned to dog DC 46.
Casting of break enchantment did nothing, no matter how often you tried, didn't even trigger a failed check in the combat log, just nothing would happen. Casting of dispell/greater dispell the same. Wouldn't do anything and not even any checks in the combat log (this wasn't the case some time ago).
So the only thing that did anything at all was remove curse with the aforementioned check of DC46. Now, nobody could even come close to DC 46 of course. So I reloaded until Tristan rolled a 20. Failed anyway. Apparently you fail even on a 20 when not actually beating the DC.
What to do? NPC clerics which are there to "help" only sell scrolls, good luck casting a scroll at DC 46.
Now, formerly there was one last resort - killing the guy, then rezzing him. That seems "fixed" as well, if you try to do that now that character will still be polymorphed after the rez. So... that's it, no way to get rid of it. Pretty sure dispel magic should work on it, and it did work some time ago, but apparently that's no longer the case.
#1 Report that as a bug
#2 You could try to lower difficulty and then rest. That is supposed to remove all negative effects on rest. Also you could try to cast your own Polymorph on that character and hope it overrides the Baleful one.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
That polymorphing thing might be worth a try next time this happens. Lowering difficulty wasn't an option because this is a 100% pristine unfair run where everything is done except the castle of knives area, I wouldn't spoil that.
Does tar pool do anything against mandragora swarms? After Siroket is now finished (was quite insane on unfair) these are the next big problem I assume.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Bag of Tricks mod has instant rest, maybe try that, it also might have something else to remove the negative effects.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That polymorphing thing might be worth a try next time this happens. Lowering difficulty wasn't an option because this is a 100% pristine unfair run where everything is done except the castle of knives area, I wouldn't spoil that.
Does tar pool do anything against mandragora swarms? After Siroket is now finished (was quite insane on unfair) these are the next big problem I assume.
Sometimes you need to lower it for one rest to fix bugs. In my game Tristian got permanently nauseated due to bug. Only way to remove it was by using this lower difficulty + rest once trick.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Even after all the patching game's recent review score keeps dropping LOL
Now it is 63%, it was 64% last time I checked and 66% before that. Funny thing before 1.2 patch hit it was at 68% and seemed to start raising. I guess 1.2 brought back people that put it on pause so they now also decided to share their negative ratings..

Their highest recent review rating was over 80% for short time before their DLC hit. As DLC was buggy and didn't work for many people they got a new bunch of negative reviews and never recovered from that :D

I hope Owlcat at least learned something from all this for their next game.

user

Savant
Now it is 63%, it was 64% last time I checked and 66% before that. Funny thing before 1.2 patch hit it was at 68% and seemed to start raising. I guess 1.2 brought back people that put it on pause so they now also decided to share their negative ratings..

Wtf is going on with these ratings... I understand the initial shock with the bugs and all, but even the difficulty was nerfed now, why does it keep dropping? Anyone got an explanation? It's really fucking unfair if such a game is not recognized more.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Wtf is going on with these ratings... I understand the initial shock with the bugs and all, but even the difficulty was nerfed now, why does it keep dropping? Anyone got an explanation? It's really fucking unfair if such a game is not recognized more.
Well some people are still complaining about bugs, but most are now complaining about game design choices (kingdom management, hidden timers and end game areas).
If the game was not released in the buggy state it was, these game design complaints would have been legal ones from day 1. Unfortunately devs are 5+ months behind with fixing those

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom