Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, this was a disappointing ending.

92F5004F27FCC36546E69DB6D19C20294C33ECEC

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
At this stage of the game development 99.9% of errors are due to user configurations and not game bugs.

I've been checking forums and I've seen other people with similar issues. The one thing they all have in common is that they are running the Linux version.

I play the Linux version. For the most part I only got minor bugs and very few of them. A broken NPC quick bar, confusion spell not working, and an audio glitch with the background music once I got to HATEOT. There might have been one another that I'm not remembering, but that shows you how significant it was.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
At this stage of the game development 99.9% of errors are due to user configurations and not game bugs.

I've been checking forums and I've seen other people with similar issues. The one thing they all have in common is that they are running the Linux version.
HAHAH! Utter faggots with the Linux version. They get what they deserve for being faggots and not using Windows.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
I play the Linux version. For the most part I only got minor bugs and very few of them. A broken NPC quick bar, confusion spell not working, and an audio glitch with the background music once I got to HATEOT. There might have been one another that I'm not remembering, but that shows you how significant it was.

I haven't had any issues until now. Looking at bug reports, they seem to start around the time the most recent patch was released. What are the odds this game will still be updated?

The problem is my save file was corrupted. I opened up the problematic JSON file and fixed the obvious issue, but it's still invalid JSON complaining about missing attribute names that I don't know how to fix. All my recent saves appear to have the problem. The only ones that are OK are from Chapter 1, and I may as well be restarting.

I'll probably take a break. Worst case scenario, I'll restart with the Windows version in Proton. It just runs like ass on my machine compared to the native version.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Or maybe, just maybe, playing the game on a little-used-for-gaming OS also increases the chances of bugs for your playthrough, especially for a game that had such growing pains even on PC?

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Or maybe, just maybe, playing the game on a little-used-for-gaming OS also increases the chances of bugs for your playthrough, especially for a game that had such growing pains even on PC?

I bet you blame end-users for Cyberpunk not working on Playstation 4 as well, huh?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

You're right. It's clearly my choice of operating system. This game definitely has a history of flawless programming.

No, the history is slowly but surely and relentlessly stomping bugs and improving performance with each release on the same platform as they figure shit out.

Wise to avoid first release on any platform but conversely subsequent versions show marked improvement. I’ve never had a game-breaking (or even quest-breaking) bug after waiting five months after release to start game.

Desiderius

Patron

I bet you blame end-users for Cyberpunk not working on Playstation 4 as well, huh?

Keyword growing.

Not about blame but about strategy for having good gaming experience.

Desiderius

Patron

Confusion is general bug that’s been fixed.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Don't be a faggot and game on a console, don't be a faggot and game on something that shouldn't be used for gaming. Pretty simple process here. Stop being a slav faggot and pay for an actual OS, maybe, like the rest of us.

Erebus

Arcane
At one point, while making this game, somebody thought that Orc Ferocity was a good idea.

That somebody was an idiot.

Stop fucking dying, Regongar, the fight against Janush would be incredibly easy if only you could stop fucking dying all the time !

Desiderius

Patron
I mean he gets Shield, Mirror Image, Displacement, and Invisibility, Greater. What the hell is killing him thru all that?

Just cast a Haste after his Slow and go off. Or better yet have Tristian Force that SoB to Repent.

Desiderius

Patron
There’s devs in the forums responding ASAP on Console issues and each patch usually also has a few lagging things from general game getting fixed. Not sure what that means for Linux.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
There’s devs in the forums responding ASAP on Console issues and each patch usually also has a few lagging things from general game getting fixed. Not sure what that means for Linux.

I've contacted them. I was told to submit a bug report with F11, but that also doesn't work on Linux. A mod told me he was going to forward it to the devs. This game has been out for a while, so I wasn't sure if there was any hope for a fix.

Erebus

Arcane
I mean he gets Shield, Mirror Image, Displacement, and Invisibility, Greater. What the hell is killing him thru all that?

He had a bunch of protective spells cast on him and still died several times, mostly to the archers.

The fight remains very easy as long you make him run away at the beginning of the fight, as the enemies will simply target someone else (ideally someone who doesn't have the durability of wet cardboard). But the stupid racial attribute that pretty much ensures that he'll get killed instead of simply KOed really pisses me off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom