Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

L'Montes

Educated
"Mods will fix it" has to be the most fabulously optimistic retard line birthed in the last decade or so.

No, mods will not fucking fix it.
Hey, I agree that "mods will fix it" is not a good reason to give a shitty dev a pass, but I can definitely see someone modding in an option to kill Linzi, even if they have to leave quest logs/etc. as-is. .

The conceit of the whole game is that Linzi is talking about your rise to power in flashback kinda. Every chapter break and every storybook section (of which many are plot-mandated and tied to important events) has her literally narrating what's going to happen. This happens even if you kick her from the party or she's not present (at which point she's finding things out 2nd-hand and pretending to be there, I guess, you can ask her about some of this). For that reason they give her plot armor and a ring that keeps her from dying.

If anything, a mod that lets you kill her would be pointless and dumb and fix none of that. You could load cheat engine and kill her, but the game will treat her as alive for the purposes of already being written in that way.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"Mods will fix it" has to be the most fabulously optimistic retard line birthed in the last decade or so.

No, mods will not fucking fix it.
Hey, I agree that "mods will fix it" is not a good reason to give a shitty dev a pass, but I can definitely see someone modding in an option to kill Linzi, even if they have to leave quest logs/etc. as-is. .

The conceit of the whole game is that Linzi is talking about your rise to power in flashback kinda. Every chapter break and every storybook section (of which many are plot-mandated and tied to important events) has her literally narrating what's going to happen. This happens even if you kick her from the party or she's not present (at which point she's finding things out 2nd-hand and pretending to be there, I guess, you can ask her about some of this). For that reason they give her plot armor and a ring that keeps her from dying.

If anything, a mod that lets you kill her would be pointless and dumb and fix none of that. You could load cheat engine and kill her, but the game will treat her as alive for the purposes of already being written in that way.
Exactly. At the very least, making Linzi killable is a major undertaking, involving dialogue and explenations.

Generic-Giant-Spider

In a stunning turn of events, Valerie has not become my most loathed companion. It is Octavia.

Let's discuss, right off the bat, what Octavia gets wrong:

She's doing the high fantasy equivalent of an unapproved interracial relationship. I want it to be said if I had Roose Bolton levels of control over my kingdom I would outlaw such degeneracy and any found guilty of such would be forced to walk from Tuskdale to Oleg's with a giant boulder strapped across their collar to prove themselves.

Now let's get into the other stuff:

She always, ALWAYS, thinks I give a shit about her opinion and interjects at random and inappropriate times. At least Valerie will give some "Now he ain't hurtin' anyone Mr. Generic-Giant-Spi" (I couldn't fit my whole name) which makes it seem like we're in some sort of buddy cop movie. Octavia though, oh boy, she can go fuck herself, Codex. I'm certain she has daddy issues. "Oh! The kobolds are so cute!" Shut the fuck up, I'm trying to eavesdrop. "Why are you so kind?! You change everyone!" Could you point out my fleeting altruism when I'm not one hit point away from death and still in the poison fog? "Can I have this whip?! Please?! I love sex! I love to fuck my greenskinned freak boyfriend!" No you stupid bitch, we're bringing it back to the hermit wizard that gave me a sensational deal on a Bag of Holding. "Nooo, don't kill him! He'll change for the better!" Uh, hey, the gigantic troll there just sent Tristain back in time to the Mystara campaign after he got hit so hard. We're killing this asshole, we're going to throw acid on him, and then I plan to drop salt on the corpse to ensure it never comes back from Hell.

Octavia has no idea how lucky she is that I am a kind and benevolent ruler that wants in on that ass. I sent her boytoy to go investigate some doomsday cult activity. I don't expect him to come back any time soon.

And if he does, well, let's just say I have a trip to the old Greater Enraged Owlbear den arranged.

Turjan

Arcane
It's weird that they made Octavia more annoying than Regongar, who seems relatively reasonable.

Shadenuat

Arcane
oM3JY2f.jpg

devastator.gif

Sentinel

Arcane
Larian doing BG3... fucking yikes. At least I hope they do 5E and WotC don't allow their brainlet designers to mess with systems. Fuck that shit company.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm now 80% convinced that Bester is right and Larian is working on Baldur's Gate 3 with Colin McComb as a writer. Since half of Torment's writing staff left for Larian, Fargo would be in a good position to have that info.
Cool. So we will see a marriage of Larian's writing with Numenera's word count? A match made in heaven.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
load times on my SSD are actually a bit longer than those of PoE2 on the same SSD.

(I switched out one game for the other, since I can only fit 2 games at a time on my SSD and the other one holding residency currently is Final Fantasy 15).

Can't even imagine the pain of having to play this game on an HDD.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So I ask you: What's a few bugs in the face of such an awesome piece of gaming?

From what I read so far the game is so buggy that BT4 looks like the shining paragon for well-optimized and playtested games.
I won't play the game till at least a dozen patches are out despite me thinking that it looks and sounds awesome as an rpg.

No amount of patches can fix BT4.
The game is buggy mess,starting from chapter 4 it is unplayable! It is a lot buggier than BT4. I just "finished" the tristan quest,in the final battle the guardain of the bloom and some dude spawned and died to stone golems. I decided to try and save them,thinking that they are allies or something plot related,turned out that they are bug spawns that shouldn't be there and you can't interact with them. Also i can't level up casters because you don't have a spell list to chose from,thus not being able to finish the levelling. Soooo....yeah the game is mess at best,garbage if we have to be realistic. It will be great game once it is filled with DLCs and patches. Now it is not worth buying!

People that buy such unfinished games are the reason why we get such alphas!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Here it is,tho it seems i had dropped two points somewhere around the road :),maybe changed a shield or some buff was active. Still i am certain that she had 41 at one point,was very proud of my masonry skillz.

X7OPMse.png
Dang. I know you want to bone her, and her face isn't what you like, but did you have to cover it up like that???
Actually i have thing for her scar,it makes me want to bone her a lot more :). Also she is a dumb meat and fucking loyal to fault,perfect woman i say!:lol:

Salvo

Arcane

From what I read so far the game is so buggy that BT4 looks like the shining paragon for well-optimized and playtested games.
I won't play the game till at least a dozen patches are out despite me thinking that it looks and sounds awesome as an rpg.

The game is buggy mess,starting from chapter 4 it is unplayable! It is a lot buggier than BT4. I just "finished" the tristan quest,in the final battle the guardain of the bloom and some dude spawned and died to stone golems. I decided to try and save them,thinking that they are allies or something plot related,turned out that they are bug spawns that shouldn't be there and you can't interact with them. Also i can't level up casters because you don't have a spell list to chose from,thus not being able to finish the levelling. Soooo....yeah the game is mess at best,garbage if we have to be realistic. It will be great game once it is filled with DLCs and patches. Now it is not worth buying!

Dude spoiler your shit

Turjan

Arcane
While I agree in principle, I backed the Kickstarter, which is always a risk. I just wanted to see this happen.

I wonder whether the last chapters of the game actually exist. A look at the achievement list doesn't give me a "Yes" yet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Dude spoiler your shit
And which part spoiled your game oh great mind,that there are stone golems or the part that tristan have a quest?

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Dude spoiler your shit
And which part spoiled your game oh great mind,that there are stone golems or the part that tristan have a quest?

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

Spoiler

Edit. Actually go back to BT4.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I did install that movement speed mod I linked earlier and it's much nicer. Doesn't break any kind of balance since when things actually happen everything switches to the right speed regardless

Turjan

Arcane
You would think D. Gaider would at least halfway remember that you have to choose which spells to memorize as a cleric in D&D. He should probably have a look at BG again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom