Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Eurogamer are not planning to review Kingmaker:

Untitled.png

What kind of review site is that - holy hell.
Sawyer paid off reviewers with his insanely successful deadfire salary to make sure kingmaker has no publicity.
Well, after all, let's not forget that Josh Sawyer is an idiot who might as well be retired.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What Josh Sawyer needs is a non-retarded playtester. Like I've said a couple of times, PoE plays like it was designed by aliens only vaguely familiar with video games.

Absinthe

Arcane
That is just a bad design decision, though, and I doubt that will change. It is not a bug and aside from rewriting major parts of the game or straight-out removing that event/situation, I can't imagine it getting fixed.
Someone will mod it, assuming mods are possible. But it's also all the bugs I keep hearing about.

Aemar

Arcane
What? They are not reviewing a game that already sold more then 100k copies and sits in the top 10 of global Steamsellers for more then a week.
What are the reviewing instead some Visual Novel?
Who gives a flying fuck about video game journalism nowadays, the retarded relative of anything that has the ''journalism'' tag attached to it?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What Josh Sawyer needs is a non-retarded playtester. Like I've said a couple of times, PoE plays like it was designed by aliens only vaguely familiar with video games.
Since when do playtesters design games?

The point is that someone needs to tell him what's wrong and how the game plays for an actual human being and not an excel spreadsheet (aka a competent playtester). Like one of my teachers always used to say, paper can suffer anything.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
That is just a bad design decision, though, and I doubt that will change. It is not a bug and aside from rewriting major parts of the game or straight-out removing that event/situation, I can't imagine it getting fixed.
Someone will mod it, assuming mods are possible. But it's also all the bugs I keep hearing about.
"Mods will fix it" has to be the most fabulously optimistic retard line birthed in the last decade or so.

No, mods will not fucking fix it.

Brancaleone

Prophet
Since when do playtesters design games?

The point is that someone needs to tell him what's wrong and how the game plays for an actual human being and not an excel spreadsheet. Like one of my teachers always used to say, paper can suffer anything.
Ok, got what you mean. It would have to be someone who has enough authority / persuasion / charisma for him to listen, though. For example, Avellone was not enough, evidently (i.e., I don't think there's much chance that he'd listen to anybody).

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder rule system, so forgive me, but my dude has the spatial awareness of a drunk idiot since I'm getting sneak attacked by goons in face to face combat. Is "legally blind" the human trait in Pathfinder?

Andnjord

Arcane
I'm not familiar with the Pathfinder rule system, so forgive me, but my dude has the spatial awareness of a drunk idiot since I'm getting sneak attacked by goons in face to face combat. Is "legally blind" the human trait in Pathfinder?
Being flanked (ie: being attacked by two or more enemies, no matter the direction) is enough to trigger sneak attacks.

Absinthe

Arcane
"Mods will fix it" has to be the most fabulously optimistic retard line birthed in the last decade or so.

No, mods will not fucking fix it.
Hey, I agree that "mods will fix it" is not a good reason to give a shitty dev a pass, but I can definitely see someone modding in an option to kill Linzi, even if they have to leave quest logs/etc. as-is. Besides, if not for mods fixing it, do you really think people would be playing stuff like Arcanum, KotOR 2, or ToEE? Now those games still have flaws even beyond the mods, and I definitely don't encourage buying a game today on the hopes that someone else will fix the problems tomorrow.

I'm saying I'm going to take a raincheck on buying this and see how this game shapes up a few months (maybe years) later. If the game looked like a finished and polished job I could be motivated to spend money now but it's always the same story where the launch is when the game is at its shittiest, and it's a guessing game to see if the game is going to get better or not. If devs resort to bullshit like fixing the game with DLCs and expansions, you know you shouldn't buy the game until they are done pushing out that shit and have a reasonable price for the complete game edition.

Morkar Left

So I ask you: What's a few bugs in the face of such an awesome piece of gaming?

From what I read so far the game is so buggy that BT4 looks like the shining paragon for well-optimized and playtested games.
I won't play the game till at least a dozen patches are out despite me thinking that it looks and sounds awesome as an rpg.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Being flanked (ie: being attacked by two or more enemies, no matter the direction) is enough to trigger sneak attacks.
To add to this, it's different from pnp where the opponents need to be on the opposite sides (more or less) of their target for the target to be considered "flanked". They simplified it in the computer game.

From what I read so far the game is so buggy that BT4 looks like the shining paragon for well-optimized and playtested games.
I won't play the game till at least a dozen patches are out despite me thinking that it looks and sounds awesome as an rpg.

I dont know about the bt4 comparison but this is the last unity engine rpg I will ever play.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
To add to this, it's different from pnp where the opponents need to be on the opposite sides (more or less) of their target for the target to be considered "flanked". They simplified it in the computer game.

Oh, got it. Thanks!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
To add to this, it's different from pnp where the opponents need to be (more or less) on the opposite sides of their target for the target to be considered "flanked". They simplified it in the computer game.
Yeah, it's lead to a funny situation where in the PnP consistent ranged sneak attacks are hard to get, it's actually the opposite in the CRPG. Ranged Sneak Attacks are almost trivial to secure, and it makes a huge difference, whereas running around in melee with a relatively squishy character such as a pure rogue is just plain dangerous.

I dont know about the bt4 comparison but this is the last unity engine rpg I will ever play.
Sure it is.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh. Amiri disappearing during her quest. And in the slaver camp after realeasing the orc and the hoe.

I'll wait for the patch.

But damn, I actually like this game more and more.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

No amount of patches can fix BT4.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
game is getting too buggy for me, think I'll hold off for a while now
so far it's my GOTY and I dislike rtwp :positive:

Uhoh, I haven't kept up since release. Is waiting for a few (or a lot of) patches advisable?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom