Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They explain that in their kingdom mechanics post, I think.

It's entirely in Russian so I didn't read it! Good luck.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I think it's a tongue in cheek joke.
The guys who made this are as old or older than me. I think they did this as a reference to the original Baldur's Gate trailer, in which a man in metal armor on a boat is hit by lightning during a storm. After the trailer, many of us thought the game would have realistic weather effects and that you would need to take off metal armor during a storm.

Nothing of that made it into the game. I've never talked about this here, but I'll always remember it. Trailers are all lies.

I thought the storms were like their final nod to Baldur's Gate. "Look, guys! Our game managed it!"
Branwen was once killed by lightning right after i used stone to flesh scroll on her statue.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The guys who made this are as old or older than me. I think they did this as a reference to the original Baldur's Gate trailer, in which a man in metal armor on a boat is hit by lightning during a storm. After the trailer, many of us thought the game would have realistic weather effects and that you would need to take off metal armor during a storm.

Nothing of that made it into the game. I've never talked about this here, but I'll always remember it. Trailers are all lies.

I thought the storms were like their final nod to Baldur's Gate. "Look, guys! Our game managed it!"
Branwen was once killed by lightning right after i used stone to flesh scroll on her statue.
Wtf

Reinhardt

Arcane

Wtf
Maybe it's something beamdoggos added in ee.

Sharpedge

Prophet
i think it only in around medusa rooms

Ok, I managed to resolve this problem. Wild Energies isn't a debuff which exists in a specific zone, it is merely just a toggle. There are some areas that toggle it on and then some areas that toggle it off. If you leave the Bottom Right section of the Knurley Witch's map through the door at the bottom, it does not remove the Wild Energies debuff because there is not an off toggle there. If you walk all the way to the top of the map though, you will walk over the off toggle and then by exiting through the top door and walking all the way to the other side through the middle map you can avoid being permanently stuck with this debuff.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I got from stable to worried just as i started my kingdom by spenting 14 days to incorporate the outskirts.
In the mean time some troules poped up but got advisors automatically assigned and the troll troule started.dont know what caused the change.

So, here's a question for you guys. I finished the Stag Lord off, but I still have 50+ days left on the timer. Should I spend those 50 days grinding against mobs and exploring the areas I haven't visited yet? I figure those 50 days are 'free' days that I won't get to spend doing other things if I just hand in the Stag Lord quest right now... am I wrong?
Hard to say, but I believe that some things at least are tied to the date. When I finished chapter 1 quickly I had more time before chapter 2 started, enough to claim the outskirts and do some exploring.

Maybe it's something beamdoggos added in ee.
I remember getting hit during a storm myself a couple of times way back. It really was in the game.
I... I refuse to believe it. I have played that game for a long, long, long time...
But to be fair, it has been a long time since I did.

Potentially being hit by lightning for wearing armor during a storm has been a feature since the original release. I've had it happen many times over the years. I once had Khalid lose morale and panic after being struck, which caused him to pull a a bunch of ogre berserkers onto my party, lol.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I believe you, but I'm shocked that either this never happened to me or that I forgot it happening.

Feels old, man. In my memories, I played that game a lot.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shadenuat am I supposed to have the Wild Energies (50% spell failure) debuff everywhere throughout the House at the End of Time, or is it just bugged and permanently active? For a while I did not have it, but then I went downstairs and even since coming back up I am still under the influence of this debuff.
Try going through blue fog in and out. There's some place it can stick permanently altough I thought hey fixed that. I got rid of it by re-playing the part where I was going for 3d key.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I just found this item, its balance seems interesting:

unknown.png

Although on my Sorcerer I am using this:
MmVTcYk.png
When you don't really care about the damage on your weapon, the tertiary effects are really quite nice. You can wear it without having the martial feat, if you cast transformation then put it on, once the spell wears off it doesn't recheck and unequip the rapier, even though it probably should. Either way this gives you the benefit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Another question about the Abandoned Keep,
I found and activated the Iron Golem. Golem says Master Protection mode activated and then proceed to stand there in that place and do nothing... what is up with that?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
There's a bug that makes <X> invincible if you kill any of the minions. To beat <X> you must ignore ALL the minions (this includes both archers AND dogs). You must not kill a single one, focusing only on <X>, three times. This worked for me. I had the same problem.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Minions have nothing to do with it directly. each form gets invincible if you let it live too long. You can focus him first then kill the minions between forms. Alternatively set difficulty to story mode and just melt him.

Sharpedge

Prophet
There's a bug that makes <X> invincible if you kill any of the minions. To beat <X> you must ignore ALL the minions (this includes both archers AND dogs). You must not kill a single one, focusing only on <X>, three times. This worked for me. I had the same problem.
This right here. This is the sole fight I didn't bother to try do solo and just did the "diplomatic option" as I knew flat out I could not defeat this boss given the constraints.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure about the minions or not triggering it, but the window is retardedly short, like 6 seconds or something stupid. Maybe 12 (2 rounds)...? Hope your Nok-Nok is a blender.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom