Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: The Dragon's Demand - Pathfinder 2E turn-based miniatures RPG from Ossian Studios - Kickstarter Live

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I backed it and it will make it. 33% funded. I hope we get those DLCs as well.

Ossian studios needs to dab on the haters and produce a good game.

And if this game does well, they have said they want to continue to expand the system to make more and more games.

How many of the people here who always shit talk PF2e have actually played it?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
2E ?

Sign me fuck on. I fucking hate 3 edition bloat.
Pathfinder 2e dumdum, not dnd. Pathfinder 3e isn't a thing yet.

Eh... sign me fuck off then. I thought this was just Pathfinder on 2e ruleset much like Owlcat ones were on effectively 3rd edition ruleset from dnd.

But it is. This game is made with Pathfinder 2E ruleset. I am confused now on what Eryfkrad meant

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
2E ?

Eh... sign me fuck off then. I thought this was just Pathfinder on 2e ruleset much like Owlcat ones were on effectively 3rd edition ruleset from dnd.

But it is. This game is made with Pathfinder 2E ruleset. I am confused now on what Eryfkrad meant
Perkel is yet to learn that Pathfinder !=dnd

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
2E ?

Next will come the revelation that Star Citizen will never release.

Perkel

Arcane

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck...

Because i thought pathfinder just uses DnD 3rd edition ruleset because it looks and plays like DnD 3rd edition.
So when i saw 2E i thought they would be doing Pathfinder with 2nd DnD edition ruleset.
Which is something i would welcome.

I fucking hate 3rd edition bloat with skills and perks for every fucking thing. Clipping toenail skill, greater clipping toenail, team skill chain clipping toenails.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Because i thought pathfinder just uses DnD 3rd edition ruleset because it looks and plays like DnD 3rd edition.
So when i saw 2E i thought they would be doing Pathfinder with 2nd DnD edition ruleset.

I fucking hate 3rd edition bloat with skills and perks for every fucking thing. Clipping toenail skill, greater clipping toenail, team skill chain clipping toenails.
I never really read 4e, but PF2e is like 5e for pathfinder. You still have feats attributes and stuff but more balanced with much lesser numerical inflation

TumblingTorin

Educated

Pathfinder 2e is a complete overhaul. It's pretty much for people who loves customizing their characters with feats in the last edition. You get a feat every level, though they are split in different categories. If you played Owlcat's rogue trader, leveling is kind of like that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looking forward to your in depth analysis why mage gameplay in this title is banal, boring shit.

Is not only about mages. There is no mages in Fallout New Vegas nor in Mount & Blade(without mods), yet both games are amazing games. Is just that PF2e is so atrocious. They could be using this resources to adapt a retroclone. Just imagine hyperborea or LotFP in CRPG format. Much better than any shit in this atrocious rule systems.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

scytheavatar

Scholar
Looking forward to your in depth analysis why mage gameplay in this title is banal, boring shit.

Is not only about mages. There is no mages in Fallout New Vegas nor in Mount & Blade(without mods), yet both games are amazing games. Is just that PF2e is so atrocious. They could be using this resources to adapt a retroclone. Just imagine hyperborea or LotFP in CRPG format. Much better than any shit in this atrocious rule systems.

Any OSR system is going to be super challenging to adapt to CRPG format, arguably harder than a crunchy tactical game like PF2e. People will hate the super balancing of PF2e but an equal amount if not more will hate the super deadly combat of the typical OSR system. Normies are also going to find B/X systems to be too simple and boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom