Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Anti-Woke Mod

Dunadan

Literate
Glad you're updating this. I assume when the DLC drops, more updates will be needed, but that's also when I'll start my playthrough with your mod.

It's possible more updates will be needed, yes. I'll be sure to try to fix whatever's required quickly.

I'll also have the next module ready by then. It's a de-diversity module editing the textures of NPCs to look more European so that crowds etc don't look so cosmopolitan.

Dunadan

Literate
Update just dropped.

Wokeless Wrath is now v1.4 with the addition of the module 'Wokeless Wrath - Undiversified'.

Over 350 NPC textures have been edited to look more ethnically European than vanilla. Also, many hair colours have been changed or toned down to reduce the incidence of 'dangerhair' in the game. Vibrantly coloured hair has been left for some NPCs for which coloured hair makes sense in a fantasy setting, like Aasimar and Tieflings, etc. This module also has a variant entitled 'Undiversified - DangerGnomes' in which (at request) gnomes have also been allowed to keep their dangerhair. In the standard version of 'Undiversified', gnomish hair colours have been toned down.

mecrzNFiPfl1.gif

Oberon

Learned
Boys at RPGHQ doing god's work.

>a black guy in the military is too unrealistic
I think you got the wrong idea, I don't care about Muh realism. I just hate niggers and faggots and I want them out of my video games.
tbh I don't mind niggers but when I know they are just tokens put in by SJWs for diversity reasons it ruins them.
Almost always in this case they are also Gordon Goodbrothers because the devs are too pussy to actually make them into interesting characters in fear of being branded raysis.

Dunadan

Literate
Boys at RPGHQ doing god's work.

>a black guy in the military is too unrealistic
I think you got the wrong idea, I don't care about Muh realism. I just hate niggers and faggots and I want them out of my video games.
tbh I don't mind niggers but when I know they are just tokens put in by SJWs for diversity reasons it ruins them.
Almost always in this case they are also Gordon Goodbrothers because the devs are too pussy to actually make them into interesting characters in fear of being branded raysis.

Agreed, I have no problem with black characters when they're not just in-your-face tokenized caricatures obviously slapped together to advance 'THE MESSAGE'.

Take Ekun from Kingmaker, for example. He was probably my favourite companion of the lot.

The Jester

Cipher
Some people take issue with Seelah's backstory of being a thief in childhood but I actually don't mind it. Grief over one's past actions and striving to be better is a hallmark of character development and I'm keeping that part of her story intact.

That being said, Seelie is now from the Land of the Linnorm Kings, from the vicinity of the town of Whiterook to be exact. Being so close to the border with Irrisen, this area is prone to raiding parties by warlords from Irrisen. Seelie's parents were killed in one such raid, rendering her an orphan in Whiterook. From there, her story remains pretty much the same as vanilla.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
These sorts of changes are surface level thinking when it comes to wokeness.
Yeah, this game would need a total rewrite so sweeping that nothing would be left afterwards. The cultural abomination that is 2020s D&D is far deeper than just blacks, women and fags. It's what's absent also, not just what is present. Everything is written by millenials from an unserious, hedonist, too-safe society of Eloi who combine virtue-signalling herd mentality with special snowflake bullshit. The exact opposite of any kind of setting where there is strife, hardship or danger. They simply cannot understand.

I'd be interested in a simple de-negrification / de-feminisation (ie fewer to no female fighters) mod for a game like Underrail, where the woke aspect really is superficial. Where things like societal organisation, human psychology and so on are already non-woke. But for this trash I don't see the point. It's still goyslop just the same as BG3.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
There are layers to this, like an onion or a matroshka of shit.

The ruleset itself - Tough luck
The setting itself - Blame Paizo
The specific execution of these by Owlcat - Their fault because they clearly followed...
The overt currentyear cultural mores like diversity - These at least can be fixed
The currentyear tropes in storytelling - Can not be fixed

Let me be clear: I'm not disparaging the mod author(s), these mods are good.

Dunadan

Literate

The specific execution of these by Owlcat - Their fault because they clearly followed...
The overt currentyear cultural mores like diversity - These at least can be fixed

Did you play through the whole game? If so, I'd be interested to hear your analysis of what all you mean by 'currentyear tropes in storytelling'.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Did you play through the whole game? If so, I'd be interested to hear your analysis of what all you mean by 'currentyear tropes in storytelling'.
From the things I remember, simply the fact that there's always some lesbian or otherwise LGBT couples sprinkled in. The fact that Deskari goes on a goddamn villain monolog before his fight.

Dunadan

Literate
From the things I remember, simply the fact that there's always some lesbian or otherwise LGBT couples sprinkled in.

This can be fixed relatively easily at this point. Now that I know how to do it, I just need to know what needs to be done. Once I start my own playthrough, I'll be taking detailed notes on all the shit that annoys me.

I'm also going to be introducing more males in leadership positions eventually, including Galfrey.

The fact that Deskari goes on a goddamn villain monolog before his fight.

What is it about this that annoys you? It's pretty common in storytelling, Storytelling isn't always about representing an event completely objectively as if it's a 100% accurate replay of history. Villain monologues are as old as storytelling itself. Hell, even Sarevok in BG and Irenicus in BG2 had villain monologues.

Mauman

Scholar
I'm also going to be introducing more males in leadership positions eventually, including Galfrey.
O_O

Granted, it won't fix the underlying issue that Galfrey is a fucking idiot.

But I suppose that's the point of her (his?) character.

Dunadan

Literate
O_O

I haven't played through the game yet at all so I'm unfamiliar with the story. How is Galfrey an idiot? If she's completely incompetent, maybe she'll be left as-is :D

The Jester

Cipher
O_O

I haven't played through the game yet at all so I'm unfamiliar with the story. How is Galfrey an idiot? If she's completely incompetent, maybe she'll be left as-is :D
Bro stop spoiling yourself just finish the game and then decide on more changes.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
ensure consistency with the overall theme of returning the game to a more traditional medieval European setting.
I assume you going to change ''Seelie's'' armor to be less Boob Armor and more like regular armor then , right?

Mauman

Scholar
ensure consistency with the overall theme of returning the game to a more traditional medieval European setting.
I assume you going to change ''Seelie's'' armor to be less Boob Armor and more like regular armor then , right?
Cod pieces and "ab armor". If female warriors had actually been a thing in history, boob armor would have been a thing too.

It's called aesthetics.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
EnD9cS1VcAAiruG.jpg

If dick armor was historically accurate then I don't know why we should have a problem with boob armor.
Then mod author , can we get some dick armor for Trever ? Please. Thanks.

Dunadan

Literate
Then mod author , can we get some dick armor for Trever ? Please. Thanks.

Sorry to disappoint, but no, dick armour will not be coming any time soon. I tried editing and re-importing meshes but it doesn't work. I'm confined to what's already in the game.

skaraher

Cipher
Galfrey is thematically inspired by Joan of Arc, like Iomedae. Nod to a traditional figure + the whole point of her character is that she's a figurehead ruler used by the Church to boost crusade morale.

Kudos for the amazing work, but you should probably complete the game before further tampering with companions storylines.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom