Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not seen that Instinctual Warrior before in first party archetypes, I dunno whether it's one Owlcat have made or just from some very obscure sourcebook.

Several of these new classes are Owlcat originals. I'm a fan.

Yeah probably no bad thing if they create a few of their own. I thought that Beastkin Beserker was a custom one as well, but it's actually just a really obscure first party one.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Leftover stuff from last playthrough:

Sosiel's Favorite.jpg

Very relevant favorite meal for Sosiel. Fun to play with these to discover which goes with who.

Leading Strike.jpg

BTW Leading Strike is BUUUUUSTED.

Lunge.jpg

Lunge in-game for Urban Hunter.

Defender Sword.jpg

Very solid Skrim type effect.

Heavy Barding.jpg

Heavy Barding takes three Feats but your Mount isn't getting hit much.

Red Pill Ageism.jpg

Hitting me where it hurts, but also taking a shot at the Poz so not so bad.

Last edited:

jerfdr

Educated
a nuker with useful healing and support spells.

There is a really really broken Oracle combo that involves using Paragon surge and mnemonic vestments which usually ends up on Tier 1 lists with broken Wizard and Arcanist builds. Paragon surge can temporarily give them access to some extremely powerful spells.
Could you go into more details regarding that? Which archetype, mystery, curse, revelations, etc would work best for a backline damage dealing/battlefield controlling caster (specifically in WotR preferably, assuming Angel spellbook merging)?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
a nuker with useful healing and support spells.

There is a really really broken Oracle combo that involves using Paragon surge and mnemonic vestments which usually ends up on Tier 1 lists with broken Wizard and Arcanist builds. Paragon surge can temporarily give them access to some extremely powerful spells.
Could you go into more details regarding that? Which archetype, mystery, curse, revelations, etc would work best for a backline damage dealing/battlefield controlling caster (specifically in WotR preferably, assuming Angel spellbook merging)?

On the tabletop Dark Tapestry, Flame and Time are popular mysteries for nukers. In Wrath they've only implemented Flame and skipped some of the best revelations from it for a pure nuker. That said, assuming it still has the good bonus spell list from the Tabletop it would still be a good choice.

Curse wise, there aren't any that are specifically good for nukers on the tabletop. I also don't know which Owlcat has implemented. Haunted is popular as it gives you access to mirror image and other spells. Tongues is popular as it gives you access to more languages outside of combat (probably irrelevant in Wrath).

Wasting is another amazing defensive choice on the tabletop, it gives you a slight penalty to your face skills in return for immunity to a bunch of obnoxious conditions.

Last edited:

Jorus

Educated
New patch but it looks like it got rolled back because global map caused the game to get stuck.
Companions
  • fixed various issues with Daeran’s romance in the 3rd chapter (the date)
  • fixed the issue where Daeran’s romance prevented you from entering the Battlebliss arena
  • fixed the bug that occured if you attacked Trever during Sosiel’s quest
  • romance with Galfrey no longer blocks your progress in chapter 3

Zones
  • fixed the issues where your characters could fall through the texture in the prologue
  • fixed the stairs in Alushinyrra’s lower and upper cities, and a rooftop in the lower city where you could fall down

UI
  • fixed the tooltips getting stuck on the screen
  • fixed encyclopedia links
  • fixed the health bar near the portrait being displayed incorrectly in TBM
  • when re-training your character you couldn’t select the voice again
  • in character creation tiefling heritage was selected after the skills - fixed
  • couldn’t choose the Elemental Engine archetype for kineticists - fixed
  • Lorekeeper class features were not showing - fixed
  • fixed 2 pre-generated characters - a rogue and a sorceress

Desiderius

Patron
I’m running Pranked for Image and Glitterdust (bypasses SR) and later Confusion. Blackened would probably be better since Evocation Focus (Archon’s!) but would be redundant with Cold/Divine nukes and already have Companion with that.

Wasting gives Disease Immunity which is narrow but when you need it you really need it, though the drawback is bad for CHR-based MC.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
New patch but it looks like it got rolled back because global map caused the game to get stuck.
Companions
  • fixed various issues with Daeran’s romance in the 3rd chapter (the date)
  • fixed the issue where Daeran’s romance prevented you from entering the Battlebliss arena
  • fixed the bug that occured if you attacked Trever during Sosiel’s quest
  • romance with Galfrey no longer blocks your progress in chapter 3

Zones
  • fixed the issues where your characters could fall through the texture in the prologue
  • fixed the stairs in Alushinyrra’s lower and upper cities, and a rooftop in the lower city where you could fall down

UI
  • fixed the tooltips getting stuck on the screen
  • fixed encyclopedia links
  • fixed the health bar near the portrait being displayed incorrectly in TBM
  • when re-training your character you couldn’t select the voice again
  • in character creation tiefling heritage was selected after the skills - fixed
  • couldn’t choose the Elemental Engine archetype for kineticists - fixed
  • Lorekeeper class features were not showing - fixed
  • fixed 2 pre-generated characters - a rogue and a sorceress

Global Map was already getting stuck - glad they’ve finally torn themselves away from their romances long enough to notice. Bug-fixing such a total joke.

“Let your fans find the bugs” is an annoying if effective business model, but not if you put some journo mode blue hair who only cares about romances between the fans and the devs to block any communication. You’d think this would be obvious.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Wasting gives Disease Immunity which is narrow but when you need it you really need it, though the drawback is bad for CHR-based MC.

Also sickened and nauseated (at higher levels).

Nauseated in particular is an obnoxious condition that is caused by quite a lot of high level spells and abilities.

It's bad for a face character, but if you aren't the face of the group it doesn't matter too much.

Desiderius

Patron
More convenient for MC to be face, especially since Oracle is CHR-based already.

Parabalus

Arcane
I finally had time to actually spend in the game again after I finished working this week. The Nabasu was pretty easy when I actually knew he would pop up, and he dropped an amulet that grants temporary hit points when you kill something with a natural attack. I plan on trying it out on my Monk to see if that works with unarmed attacks.

edit: Obviously would work well on an animal companion as well, along with a few other types of builds.
edit2: It does work with Monk unarmed attacks. The temp hit points equal character level and last for a minute.

That's pretty good, so if you can make use of the amulet there's no point in being fast and preventing the attack on the inn.

Desiderius

Patron
Batting 1.000 on not even mentioning any of the myriad issues I've identified and reported. Really remarkable.

Percy

Cipher
Batting 1.000 on not even mentioning any of the myriad issues I've identified and reported. Really remarkable.

Yet the game is still t fun, not sure if that's a damning thing about us, or them or just the world.

Reminds me of a quote from my favourite RPG.

final-fantasy-tactics-blame-yourself-or-god.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom