Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder if they are gonna if they add in the Skald's Spell Kenning feature. That's one of their best abilities. The Call in the Wild mod for Kingmaker was able to implement a rough version of it. The ability to cast a bard//cleric/wizard spell a few times a day is such a great ability.

It’s a little too good, and Holic’s interface is.... large. You get Bard (limited Rogue) talents instead.

Desiderius

Patron
Can confirm, Seelah's Mount wants no part of Fat Seelah and also doesn't grow with Animal Growth spell.

Horse does grow, takes an Enlarged rider, and gets more (!) attax than Pal Smilo.

Will be able to test Animal Growth on Leopard sometime next week.

Efe

Erudite
See I wasn't hallucinating :D
Maybe size increase from spell and level-up does not stack? so horse starts big and can grow while kitten cannot

Desiderius

Patron
So much cool shit to try out though of course you're taking your chances when it will be functional:

Arcane Bloodrage.jpg

SerpBloodrage.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Does Euler’s formula still hold if there’s an edge so big it can hold an entire generation?

Desiderius

Patron
Me: finally a game in the genre entirely based on life in the late medieval that actually attempts to capture the Spirit that animated the age.

Owlcat Zoomertards: hurr, durr, who wants to play a Lich simulator? With Lizzopaladins and pole-smoking and genital mutilation too!

Kotex phaggots: yes, master, more brains on which to feeed!

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The American idea of "the late medieval" is strange at best and abhorrent at worst.

Don't worry, Zhōngguó will make proper people out of you. Or, rather, out of those who survive.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
To be honest, there are already so many classes, types and mechanics that I wouldn't be thrilled if they expand even more instead of making existing mechanics work.

However, the Fey caller would have been nice in Kingmaker. Especially for the "True Romance".

Desiderius

Patron
The American idea of "the late medieval" is strange at best and abhorrent at worst.

Don't worry, Zhōngguó will make proper people out of you. Or, rather, out of those who survive.

It’s the Murkan idea I’m attacking and you embody, dipshit. Owned lock, stock, and barrel and don’t even know it. At least you’ve got the steak.

I’m sure the Golden Horde was all about Blakk Empowerment.

Delterius

Arcane
We are still likely to get one wizard and one witch archetype so that it makes up 5 as a base. And I have no idea which ones it will be. They could implement Pact Wizard since its mechanics are mostly in game. They could implement Havocker Witch since thats just a 9th level caster with some kineticist powers. Or they could do something entire unique. I don't see 'Fey Caller' wizard ever happening because of all the mechanics associated with planar manipulation, just saying that I'd love to be that + trickster in Wrath.

Desiderius

Patron
America is my country and we are currently hoisted on our own petard. Don’t blame you for cheering for the petard. Don’t pretend I am.

Desiderius

Patron
So make a game about that instead of the same shit everyone else is because Rainbow Empire.

This isn't hard.

Plot's already War and Peace so focus on that and it would be a great if anachronistic (but not as anachronistic as all the Poz garbage they've tacked on), but yeah Golden Horde would absolutely rock.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
If you were not so obsessed with the part of Tolstoy heritage that the West admire (because they totally do not understand the context), but instead read his early war stories you would have known that Russians were, actually, demons for the people from the Northern Caucasus. So playing as a Demon is the embodiment of what Tolstoy was writing about.

As for the Lich... well, if you have the servants who torture your other senior henchmen, but who are rotated on a biyearly basis (see Ягода -> Ежов -> Берия) ... it's almost like you're raising fresh undead to replace older ones.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m not the West, dumbass.

I’m the one who recommended Hadji Murad and The Cossacks to you myself last year - of course I understand that, but that’s not this plot that opens with Kenabres (i.e. Moscow) in flames. These Demons are La Grande Armée not Kievan Rus.' Areelu Bonaparte.

But yeah you're right Liches are straight out of Gogol so forget I said anything carry on.

TumblingTorin

Educated
Man, I'm disappointed with the Sohei monk's weapon training ability. You only get 6 of the 12 available weapon categories (Bow, Crossbow, Thrown, Polearms, Spears, Monk). That's so limiting, especially that you gave up monk weapons and increasing unarmed damage to get the ability to use martial weapons. The weapon training bonus also never increases past +1, though at least you can still use the Gloves of Dueling to increase it. Also, since Sohei gives up proficiency in monk weapons to be able to use martial weapons, unless you use a feat to get Exotic weapon proficiency, the only thing in the Monk Weapon Training category that can be boosted is the quarterstaff.

It's cool you can make a sohei that can chuck a lot of throwing axes though.

Desiderius

Patron
But you get a Mount.

And the Throwing Axes are insane (or will be when they turn on the procs).

TumblingTorin

Educated
Yeah, but it took awhile for that build to go online. Once you finish the Gray Garrison, then you get to level 6 get Weapon Training and can purchase the Lesser Gloves of Dueling from the quartedmaster. Flurry of Blows only works on the main hand though.
I was hoping to try a melee build but I was disappointed on the lack of choices. I already made a bardiche bloodrager primalist and I wanted to try out other melee weapons like great axe.

jungl

Augur
Sohei seems like a straight upgrade from fighter. greater flurry with 2 handed weapon. Spam ki weapon when not fighting trash to match fighter bonuses from weapon training and feats. Now you got 2 extra attacks and also the mount.

TumblingTorin

Educated
Spam ki weapon when not fighting trash to match fighter bonuses from weapon training and feats. Now you got 2 extra attacks and also the mount.
I don't know how practical spamming it would be. Ki weapon only supposed to last til your next turn. Spamming it will drain your Ki pool pretty fast. Also Ki weapon doesn't seem to be implemented at the moment. Don't even appear on your toolbar.

Desiderius

Patron
Fighter has a lot going on. Mounts are good but not gamebreaking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom