Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Thonius, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Strong design enforces flavour with mechanics. It's why Gone Home is a shit game. So if you want to make people feel like they've truly mastered a weapon, a bad way to do that is through insignificant mechanics.

Regardless, I think you disagree with Tacgnol, or rather you are talking about different versions of the game. Tacgnol was talking about P&P, in which many of the WF-feats are excellent (as opposed to WotR).

Indeed, and so if that is the case, my argument against specialization cannot be dismissed by claiming that WF as a feat chain don't matter.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is actually a good point, I often get annoyed at how many good feats don't get implemented. Many of them got implemented into Kingmaker via the Call of the Wild mod.

It does seem to be a little bit better with Wrath in terms of the feats they've put in.

Out of interest, have they implemented furious focus natively this time around?

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Yeah but if you are that retarded to pick that shit,you kind of deserve it. There is fucking rpg that caters to all the retarded weapons. You go for the basic 10-15 weapons and ignore the rest. Only retards go for shitty weapons like sling staffs or sai,they deserve punishment.

Also that is way i say that it is a mid game feat,you pick it once you had tested the waters and know which weapons are good for your build. That is why it is called a fucking build,if you are a dipshit your build will suck lol,same as life. We don't exist in a world where everyone have the same cognitive abilities,there is plenty retards.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    my god, man. do you want to wake the dragon

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    I agree that it would be better if specializations did matter and were interesting, but I don't see owlcat suddenly redesigning all the weapon focus feats.

^ Top  
  6. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    He knows my opinion on itemization in PK and knows Wrath is superior in that aspect (but not ideal, as I stated during beta; Owlcats desire to add every idiotic exotic and such into 1 game is a big problem, and would be a problem, for any RPG)

^ Top  
  7. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Specialization is not bad as it is lol. It could be made better for sure tho.

^ Top  
  8. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    I was kidding. I completely agree with you. Though "shit" might be just a tad harsh

^ Top  
  9. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    I have many qualms about Owlcat's specific approach, but complaining about lack of rules implementation in these games seems a mite unrealistic considering how much shit they've implemented :P

(I too missed proper tripping though :'( )

^ Top  
  10. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    When game has dragon but you can't make armor of it scales it's shit :stabbedintheback:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    I hope that there is no equivalent to the retarded craftsmen quests from kingmaker.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I hope there are. Best small quests in the game.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3252837

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    has crusades. those are even worse. :kingcomrade:

• No No x 2
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    The artisans' quests are an insult to the human intellect. The fact that the rewards are amazing doesn't excuse their pathetic design and abysmal writing. A couple of them are somewhat interesting, but the vast majority are bland, poorly written, and are characterized by an inexplicable gap between what happens and how your character can react through dialogue options. They really stand out as the worst content in the entire game, right next to Deal with the Devil.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Jedem das Seine.

I consider traveling with Mim to Talon Peak one of the best small side quests in RPG. It is quite small and very touching - if you take effort to learn the gnome's lore. She is desperate to delay the inevitable, and it is shown quite well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Salvo Savant

Salvo
    Then there's the cursed smith quest :cry:

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    And I was so glad to let this elven-lizard humanist to die. Whatever clothes he could have made.

^ Top  
  19. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    The worst part was all the busy work you had to do around them. Ohhh you colonize another region,then some retard wants to build him a house,then you have to go to the village and talk with the cunt,then run around a bit do some shit and talk to the cunt again. If the retards were just showing in your place and you have an option to just give them money and they build their shit,then they come to your palace and ask you to do the quest,and then they come back once you finish it. That would have been fine,otherwise you feel like a retarded errantboy.

• Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Build teleportation circles, nigga.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. InternalRevenue Educated

InternalRevenue
    • Old Old x 4
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 2
    • It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Sarkile Magister Patron

Sarkile
    Which patch did the bulk selling button come about in? Have I just not noticed it?! It's amazing!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Exception that proves the rule.

• No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Orud Learned Patron

Orud
    Strap Yourselves In
    [Lawful Evil] : Arrest an evil saboteur that's intentionally cursing items in the region for the sake of petty revenge, and choose not to break your contract with the artisan you hired.
    [Neutral Evil] : Break your contract with the artisan.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    So I called Anevia Tranzi Sue on Discord.

My sojourn there may be an abbreviated one. The Commissars were not amused.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.