Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
The main mixed feeling I have about it is that for new players, the sheer amount of choices (classes, feats, races & subraces) could be overwhelming. It's pretty great all in all and I find it a little bit crazy that it exists in this day and age.

Other than that, if you care about story and don't like things that get ultra epic, then this probably isn't going to be something you love. It's sort of like BG3 in that things start out at 11 and then keep going up from there.
Sounds like my dream game. :P

So whats the consensus on this game?

Its coming out very soon. is it GUD? better than kingmaker 1?
I'm loving most of what I'm seeing about it, but Holy Motherfucking Christ if their pathfinding doesn't remain atrocious and borderline broken in turn-based mode.
We are talking about shit like characters being incapable to reach an enemy three meters away in an empty room and for some reason tracing a whole detour in a wide rectangular shape around the target before reaching it.

Also, some of the encounter design from time to time reeks a bit of "Sweaty DM trying to fuck over the players to score a point". Like, you enter a random house, and you are bottlenecked by two door frames and one corridor with enemies "frontlining" you and one castar immediately starting to throw fireballs at your sorry asses.
Which is bad on its own, but becomes infuriating when paired with the previous issue about characters having trouble with pathfinding through doors and confined spaces.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Does anyone knows why some backgrounds are giving characters a +1 enhancement to attack in the new Beta? Camellia and Lann has the bonus but Seelah doesn't. They even have it when unarmed.

It’s Enhancement so once you find a Magical Weapon will be redundant. I think. My guess would be to help the newbs and journos and PnPers but they’re too busy worrying about the random Sneaks the mobs have?

They lowered the AB so shouldn’t be getting hit much in the first place. Who knows what people are doing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone knows why some backgrounds are giving characters a +1 enhancement to attack in the new Beta? Camellia and Lann has the bonus but Seelah doesn't. They even have it when unarmed.

It’s Enhancement so once you find a Magical Weapon will be redundant. I think. My guess would be to help the newbs and journos and PnPers but they’re too busy worrying about the random Sneaks the mobs have?

They lowered the AB so shouldn’t be getting hit much in the first place. Who knows what people are doing.

There was a trait that used to let you start with a masterwork weapon (though it got erratad iirc), maybe they're riffing on that?

Shadenuat

Arcane
you enter a random house, and you are bottlenecked by two door frames and one corridor with enemies "frontlining" you and one castar immediately starting to throw fireballs at your sorry asses
random burning house that has a special icon with skill check to say its burned and on check passed declares what enemy is inside it u mean?

you enter a random house, and you are bottlenecked by two door frames and one corridor with enemies "frontlining" you and one castar immediately starting to throw fireballs at your sorry asses
random burning house that has a special icon with skill check to say its burned and on check passed declares what enemy is inside it u mean?
Yeah? What's your point. I'm not shocked that the pyromaniac bastard was inside the house.
I'm talking about the enemy placement and the technical issues on top of it that makes the encounter gratuitously frustrating at level 3.

Is it real time and turn based even without mods?
Yes, as Kingmaker after the last year update.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yes, the TB mode is native like the Kingmaker one that got added with the definitive edition.
Oh wow that's pretty amazing.

It works fine but its fucking slow and the amount of encounters are not really adequate. Worked well in the Random dungeon though.

I mostly used to use TB mode only for boss fights. The game has too many encounters to keep it on all the time.

Desiderius

Patron

Yes, the TB mode is native like the Kingmaker one that got added with the definitive edition.

It works fine but its fucking slow and the amount of encounters are not really adequate. Worked well in the Random dungeon though.

I mostly used to use TB mode only for boss fights. The game has too many encounters to keep it on all the time.

Looking like you're going to need to suck it up and use the v button even vs bosses if you want to get the full effect from some of these Mythics. On the other hand I've had several foes kill themselves on TB from all the AoOs the AI generates going for the squishies.

The way that Leading Strike works it triggers way more on the enemy turn in TB than your own. On RTwP you get the full effect.

Desiderius

Patron
Bottom's Up!

Tankard.jpg

Desiderius

Patron
Some Wrath Shots:

Favorite Dish now listed.jpg

Favorite Dish listed in cooking menu. These were important in P:K and now even moreso. Big incline identifying them but letting you discover what they do.

BAB tutorial.jpg

BAB tutorial triggers when you pick up extra attack.

Newtroopbuy.jpg

Option to buy some troops starting out.

New Jeslyn Gear.jpg

Boss gear upgraded. Very nice Druid Wep.

Pike 6 Charge Bonus Jeslyn.jpg

Disciple of the Pike getting in there are Hard Boss.

Pike 6 Full Atk Jeslyn.jpg

Five attax at level 6, all with +6 damage from Cavalier Challenge ability

Wen 6 TWF ranged Jeslyn.jpg

Wenduag also with the five attack TWF ranged.

Pike 6 Kitsune Bite.jpg

KitSUNE. Just think of the cool Nipponese aspect and forget, you know, the fur.

Seelah6Terror.jpg

This is how you play game with SKILL. Git gud slacka lackas.

The reside of design.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
There are some huge improvements in tutorialisations. I am of the opinion that this is how you should go about it, do not compromise the complexity but allow new players to get as much information as possible.

Good stuff.

Desiderius

Patron

There was a trait that used to let you start with a masterwork weapon (though it got erratad iirc), maybe they're riffing on that?

That was in the Favored Class mod but I think Holic dropped it when he integrated in into CotW?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

That was in the Favored Class mod but I think Holic dropped it when he integrated in into CotW?

Yeah quite possibly. It was always a bit of a shitty trait anyway, it used to be better because it gave you proficiency with the weapon you started with, but they removed the proficiency part.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/ancestral-weapon/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

To fight demons, the Commander will need all sorts of allies, even such unusual ones as Lann the mongrel. Hailing from the deep caves below Kenabres, Lann knows much about the hardships of life, archery, and... exotic cuisine. But let him tell his own story. Get to know the courageous archer by watching our new video!

Desiderius

Patron
Game trailer is naice.

Game page looking very good.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Sounds like a job for SpeedHack, it makes a huge impact on most games!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

To fight demons, the Commander will need all sorts of allies, even such unusual ones as Lann the mongrel. Hailing from the deep caves below Kenabres, Lann knows much about the hardships of life, archery, and... exotic cuisine. But let him tell his own story. Get to know the courageous archer by watching our new video!

Voice acting was a mistake. I'll continue to ignore it and just read the text.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom