Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
Is there more than 1 idle posture animation this time around? Kingmaker was quite uncanny with how everyone had the same hunchback posture. I mean I look at these new screenshots and everyone not doing the salute again have the same hunchback posture. It irritated me in Kingmaker along some other lazy animation decisions and I can't believe they yet again couldn't make uniqe idle animations for male/female.

ChildInTime

Savant
Is there more than 1 idle posture animation this time around? Kingmaker was quite uncanny with how everyone had the same hunchback posture. I mean I look at these new screenshots and everyone not doing the salute again have the same hunchback posture. It irritated me in Kingmaker along some other lazy animation decisions and I can't believe they yet again couldn't make uniqe idle animations for male/female.
Characters have good postures in the inventory screen, but in the game proper they still hunch. This was still in beta, mind you, so maybe it's already changed in the release version.

a7IFlZO.jpg

Robber Baron

Savant
haracters have good postures in the inventory screen, but in the game proper they still hunch.

shame, it really bugs me to no end seeing female characters have the same brute animations as the male ones, what's more you could easilly fix it with some idle animation options in character creation/stat screen, and some idle animation randomiser for NPCs. What is their design manager thinking

Lodis

Educated
My first playthrough will be a generic good guy who chooses the Angel mythic path and simps for Galfrey. When I played the beta Galfrey came off as a slightly less retarded Valerie from Kingmaker so she has that going for her I guess.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Desiderius

Patron
TB or RTWP? I NEED THE BEST CHOICE.

What are u guys going with? Im tempted to run full TB first run, since i did RTWP in kingmaker 1 since it wasnt avaliable at launch.

But the trash fights... god the trash fights.

I fear them in my dreams.

I tend to use RTwP for trash and TB for more difficult fights.

Try the 'v' button instead or you'll be missing out on a lot.

TB is good for learning a new class and getting your play patterns established but giving up your ability to move before your turn comes up is a huge downside. You also can't Zerg in TB! It interrupts you mid-Charge.

Woa, woa, woa. I watched alittle bit of that video.

Tainted Sneak Attack: Sneak Attack + 1d6. Enemies that take sneak attack damage must make Fortitude savings throw (DC 10 + Int + Mythic Rank) or become tainted, vulnerable to all weapon and elemental damage and taking a -2 penalty to attack rolls and weapon damage rolls till end of combat.

What exactly does vulnerable mean? Does it break immunity? Lower resistance? I looked in the SRD to see if "vulnerable" was a defined condition, but didn't see anything. Are there any beta players that can explain?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Julia Chernenko – Senior Game Designer: We added Dhampir, Kitsune, and Oread as playable races. Dhampir is half-vampire, half-human, thus gains some advantages and disadvantages from undead creatures. For instance, healing would damage dhampir, so it is very advised to be careful when choosing this race. Kitsune is a shapeshifter's race. You will be able to customize both fox and human visuals and shapeshift into one or another at your will. Oread is a durable race. They are humans who had some elemental being of the earth in ancestry.

Wasn't her name Yuliya? Wha-... why?

Vulnerable is x1.5 damage.

Thanks for the response. I searched again, with better terms.

The target becomes vulnerable to a single energy type, taking 50% more damage than normal from that energy type. If the target is immune or already vulnerable to the damage type, the curse has no effect. If the target has resistance to or protection from the energy type, apply the vulnerability before the resistance or protection.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dhampir will be great for lich, since lich can channel negative energy even fore the lichdoom in ch 5. I plan to make a dhampir. Sadly I can't be a fully fledged vampire. Vampire is the best form of undeath.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dhampir will be great for lich, since lich can channel negative energy even fore the lichdoom in ch 5. I plan to make a dhampir. Sadly I can't be a fully fledged vampire. Vampire is the best form of undeath.
I told you this before: Dhampir - Sorcerer (Undead Bloodline) is basically THE build for a Lich.

Desiderius

Patron
Try the 'v' button instead or you'll be missing out on a lot.

What do you mean "instead"? Isn't that how you swap modes?

I swap into TB when the fight looks like it'll be tough. How would I predict that and swap to TB before I even start the fight?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

You are.

V is the Zapruder Button. You advance combat in RT frame by frame. So you give move orders to each party member and they move a step each time you psh it or you can hold it down to advance slowly and smoothly.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Normal steam release time.

"You will be able to play Wrath of the Righteous on the 2nd of September, starting from 19:00 MSK / 18:00 CEST / 12 P.M. EDT / 9 A.M. PDT"

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If someone wants to help Russian supported rebels in the occupied part of Ukraine then Nerd Commando has already started spamming his unverified builds for Wrath.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom