Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Undercover is Stealth per lvl/2? High Stealth very important on World Map to ambush/evade instead of getting ambushed.

In Beta Camouflage was missing from Espionage Expert (too good?)

Acrux

Arcane
Is there any place that breaks down the different enemy abilities based on difficulty level?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm not really reading into a bunch of mythic class abilities and planning towards it. Worse case scenario I assume I can just toss whatever bad path I chose and go legend.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any place that breaks down the different enemy abilities based on difficulty level?
As far as I know, you have to inspect each enemy at every difficulty level to figure out their abilities, and thus deduce the differences, if any. Some enemies do not change.

Polanski

Scholar
So I finally decided on a Sorcerer Lich. It does not seem to be stated anywhere, but a Lich mythic is undead and healed by negative energy, right?

Also would an abyssal bloodline to strengthen all the summons make sense? Or is summoning not actually worthwhile?

I might just go Sylvan sorcerer otherwise, to ride an undead wolf around. :D

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Not anymore it isn't.

Doom is ok.

Din't played wrath with a druid in my party yet. But I believe that spells which target FORT save will be less powerful in Wrath than in Kingmaker since you will be fighting a lot of demons and demons in geral have good FORT save. Also are immune to poison, so the combo of cloudkill + sirroco which was devastating in kingmaker would't be that powerful anymore. Ice prison/Ice prison, mass will be less powerful now that mythic demons can probably pass the strength check too. Tsunami which was a solid damage and CC will be less powerful now too.

BTW, even in Unfair, Creeping doom was a army slaying spell, not just "ok". Way better than the cleric and wizard tier 7 summon.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Has there ever been anything worse than PKM on release?

I've never played ANYTHING that shitty, genuine gamestopper bugs, actually remarkably poor on release.
Stalker.

A lot of games which were made by programmers who didn't get theirs education by self-education and relied on university education were quite bad. Games and normal software have bit different development methodologies, and standard software development is either 3x slower, or doesn't work well. I remember era from 2 decades ago, when programmers spend significant time on theirs own projects during weekends and theirs spare time, current programmers tends to be people who are going to work at hour n. Spends time by doing standard stuff. And leave office at time n2.

Decades ago they made theirs own "engine", nowadays they fight with pre-fabricated stuff.

Vampire Bloodlines 2 was so bad they kicked out team and hired new one. That's how bad are some modern developers.

It's more like that 20 years ago the only people who were developers were the absolute best who loved programming to bits, and could be bothered writing their own TCP drivers in C.

Now yeah, development has been filled by people who've got three kids under 5, and only program during the 40 hour week while they raise their kids.

Finding the balance between the frauds and "programmers who are new parents" is difficult however.

What hasn't changed is that game development and real time interactive graphical interfaces is one of the most challenging things in software development, period.

Jinn

Arcane
Release day off with pay for me. One of those special feelings in life: getting paid while enjoying something you've greatly been looking forward and just relaxing the day away.

Shadenuat

Arcane
And I would like to change things a little, not necessarily play the dominant SS again :)
I wanted to make Rowdy named Olpah, hit someting for 3-5k dmg and post some picture ala "look at me. i am haplo now"
but a) some dod already made a video with 3k hit 2) I will be late 1-2 years waiting for all the patches anyway

Gamestar here says they weren't able to actually finish the game yet due to multiple game-breaking bugs
what a twist

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I've never been more convinced that game journalists and reviewers are bottom of the barrel dipshits. Every review I've read has no trace of analysis. They tell you which features are in it which can all be seen from the launch trailer or the steam page. They talk about story but instead of saying anything about it they just recap what happened in the first couple chapters. Slap a 4 out of 5 on it and move on... A review isn't just telling people what the game is, it requires some amount of analysis and it requires you to show your opinion on things. I could have written all these reviews 8 months ago without ever touching the game. Don't tell me what the game is, I can get that from the steam page or launch trailer; tell me what you think about these things.

Every review:
You're killings demons.
Mythic paths exist.
Crusader battles are exist.
Lots of complexity (Doesn't go into this complexity or talk about how it affects the game.)
Companions exist.
All this stuff is obvious

Imagine a restaurant reviewer writing a review that just lists the foods they ate without even telling you how well the steak was cooked or if the seasoning was good.

FriendlyMerchant

How many hours till the release of the best modern CRPG which is a sequel to the second best modern CRPG?
Depends on how long it takes them to patch the .exe back into the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom