Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
BTW, that Divine Slayer Inquisitor is pretty cool. I can mark targets without breaking stealth or starting battle (unlike Freebooter ranger). My Bard can also start his song without breaking stealth (don't know how that makes any sense :D) or starting battle so huge bonuses at start of each combat. And then Fire Kineticist can boost his attack for free before start and hit someone with a nice buffed Empower Kinetic Blast :)
Then Divine Slayer charges someone while mounted, gets sneak attack so basically two dead enemies even before combat starts for real.
Base Inquisitor brings some of the same things to the table if you let it develop. Sanc Slayer is pretty backloaded.

I prefer just Slayer in regular Wrath but the extra casts Inq gives you are needed in DLC and Studied being infinite use could put it over Judgments (though you can get infinite Judgements too with a Mythic). Eventually getting six Sneaks isn't bad, but you're never getting Advanced Slayer Talents and you don't get your regular ones until very late. Judgements give you scaling AB (similar to Studied but vs everything with no Sneak/activation needed), damage (every three lvls up to +6, so faster than Studied), Concentration/Spell Pen (every 3 lvls up to +6 which is very strong), Saves (+1 every five lvls, so +3 at lvl ten), and/or AC (same scaling as saves).

AB bonus doubles for crit confirmation at lvl 10 (to +6), AC doubles at lvl 10 against enemy crit confirm (to +6), Saves double at lvl 10 vs Curses, Diseases, and Poison.

I guess most people splash a lot with Inq so don't get a chance to see high lvl Judgments but along with Divine Favor/Power and Bane Weapon scaling it gets pretty nuts. A lot to give up.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
TWF, ranged, and VS are all very feat intensive and Feats are about the only thing Shaman doesn’t get.

VS is also nonbo with Barrage. You guys are Vital Strike crazy. Why not just mount up the Orc Shaman and slay with Falch?
#1 I already got one mounted guy so I reached my limit
#2 When you are mounted you cannot use Enlarge Person and other later spells that are big damage boosts.
I like Leopard tank with Orc Shaman. You've got good Hexes and Fast spell progression. Whacking shit on regular fights with your Falch is enough offense early on while Leopard tanks everything. Then later on you can nuke, Stinking Cloud, etc plus Hampering Hex keeps growing, you pick up Bane Weapon, etc..

wildland.jpg

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
Can you go straight to treasures on ACT 3 or better level up and get some gear before going in there?

Tsubutai

Educated
Can you go straight to treasures on ACT 3 or better level up and get some gear before going in there?
Depends on difficulty and build, I suppose. The quest to start the treasure hunt only starts after 18 days, and I found it a bit much at level 10 on unfair. Was manageable at level 13, though.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can most definitely beat everything if you go right after Drezen, EXCEPT the last island. The last island has that floating serpent, and unless you know what you're doing, things can turn very sour.

Desiderius

Patron
18 days should be enough time to get some other stuff done and pick up a level and some decent items.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So in my 2nd Voyage I am now near end of 3rd chain of islands, lvl 8 and Mythic 1. I don't see how I am going to be more than Mythic 3 again like last time and I might get to lvl 12 this time (instead of 11) but probably more because of 2 Legacy I picked up than because I now get more XP.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So in my 2nd Voyage I am now near end of 3rd chain of islands, lvl 8 and Mythic 1. I don't see how I am going to be more than Mythic 3 again like last time and I might get to lvl 12 this time (instead of 11) but probably more because of 2 Legacy I picked up than because I now get more XP.
There are 4 "Chapters" in the rogue-like mod, each ends with mega-boss.
1. 5 Expeditions with 5 Islands, ends at LVL 11/MR 3
2. 5 X 5, ends at LVL 16/MR 6
3. 4 X 5, ends at LVL 20/MR 10
4. One last Expedition starts and ends at max LVL and MR
_________
75 Islands total

After killing megaboss at the end of each chapter you get game over screen and need to restart from lvl 1, but will be able to progress one Chapter father.
So it is possible to clean last boss only on the 4th run, minimum.

PS Legacy bonuses could throw a wrench a bit into progression, but you will barely get +1 lvl total. But I had gathered so many extra levels once, that started at level 9. And that was one awfully boring run.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
1. 5 Expeditions X 5 Islands, ends at LVL 11/MR 3
After killing megaboss at each new chapter you get game over screen and need to restart but will be able to progress one Chapter father.
I don't see how 2. will end that way. My first Mythic island reward was at start of 3rd island chain, same like when I was doing 1. And it is only Mythic reward in this 3rd chain of 5 islands. This would mean that in last two chains of 5 islands I need to get 5 Mythic rewards.. that sounds stupidly designed. It also means I will need to skip most other rewards, probably even Legacy ones to take more levels into 3rd run.

How does 4. work? You just take your lvl 20 party from 3. or you make new characters and level them 20 immediately?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How does 4. work? You just take your lvl 20 party from 3. or you make new characters and level them 20 immediately?
No, you need to restart again from lvl 1 (+ whatever legacy you've gathered).

IIRC you get MR on islands
Code:
MR   Isle#  Expedition#
1      11         3
2      16         4
3      21         5
4      26         6
5      36         8
6      41         10
7      51         11
8      56         12
9      61         13
10     66         14

PS Owlcat uses the term Expedition, but it is also = 'island chain' or whatever else people come up with.

Stoned Ape

Savant
After killing megaboss at each new chapter you get game over screen and need to restart but will be able to progress one Chapter father.
I don't see how 2. will end that way. My first Mythic island reward was at start of 3rd island chain, same like when I was doing 1. And it is only Mythic reward in this 3rd chain of 5 islands. This would mean that in last two chains of 5 islands I need to get 5 Mythic rewards.. that sounds stupidly designed. It also means I will need to skip most other rewards, probably even Legacy ones to take more levels into 3rd run.

The second run repeats the island chain from run 1 (getting you to lvl 11 or so), then you continue on to the second island chain afterwards (you finish these on 16/MR6).

The third repeats the islands from 1 and 2, then you do the third set, etc.

ArchAngel

Arcane

The second run repeats the island chain from run 1 (getting you to lvl 11 or so), then you continue on to the second island chain afterwards (you finish these on 16/MR6).

The third repeats the islands from 1 and 2, then you do the third set, etc.
So on 2nd run you do 10 island chains, not 5?
And on 3rd run you do 14 island chains?

Desiderius

Patron
Voyage = run with same team
Expedition = set of islands with boss at end
Map = single terrain (Desert, Underground, Abyss) with reward at end

Desiderius

Patron
So each voyage just gets longer?

If you clear all the Pirates on one voyage (and get the hat) do thry keep showing up? Is it a good idea to save the Pirates for later Voyages?

Stoned Ape

Savant
Yeah, each voyage is longer than the last.

The pirates didn't show up again after I cleared their base.

It was a fun fight at the level I reached it on when I attempted it first time, and all their stuff was in the greedy chest when I began the following voyage, so I don't think you really gain anything from not clearing them as early as possible.

Desiderius

Patron
Except that +25 is harder to manage at low levels.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Except that +25 is harder to manage at low levels.
I don't think you can reach the base at low levels, I think I was 14th level when I got there, so you have the potential to have lots of tools to play with by then (along with island spell buffs, extra attribute points, AC and save buffs, etc.).

They hit hard, but are fragile. You have to be pretty careful and make sure you trigger surprise on them, and try to have displacement and mirror image up on your aggro-attracting character if you can. I was using an AOE spell to trigger combat after scouting and it seemed to work out pretty well.

As far as I remember there is somewhere around 10 encounters to clear, with about 4-5 pirates on average per encounter, so if you have access to a couple of decent offensive casters (either control or nuking) it's pretty doable.

Desiderius

Patron
I'm talking about going to the pirate island at lvl 1 or 2 to make sure you don't miss anything. That's how I wiped twice on a crit from the guy that charges and I forget what happened the other. I mean if you've only got 7 hps it doesn't take much, and I didn't have a healer yet (and there aren't any healing pots that drop) so I was at low hp even on the characters with a few more.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/5466829825401425661
Update 1.4.3l
Hello, crusaders!

We’ve prepared a hot-fix 1.4.3l (1.4.4d for macOS) with some very important changes:
  • Firstly, we’ve fixed the issue with Chinese font. We apologize to our Chinese players for the inconvenience, and we are working on a plan to prevent such issues from happening in the future;
  • Secondly, we’ve listened to your feedback regarding the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, and you’ve provided some very convincing arguments why the Last Azlanti mode should be optional. So, if you start a new game in the rogue-like mode, you can opt out of Last Azlanti, and have multiple saves. However, please keep in mind that to get a tailwind for the next party, you still need to let your current party perish. More changes for the DLC are planned in the next updates.
  • We’ve also fixed a snowy island in the rogue-like mode that could cause the game to crash, so if you encountered this issue, you can continue playing now.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I'm talking about going to the pirate island at lvl 1 or 2 to make sure you don't miss anything. That's how I wiped twice on a crit from the guy that charges and I forget what happened the other. I mean if you've only got 7 hps it doesn't take much, and I didn't have a healer yet (and there aren't any healing pots that drop) so I was at low hp even on the characters with a few more.
They shouldn't have the +25 then, it should be +1 for every 5 killed up to a maximum of +25 at 125 kills.

Still nasty, but at low levels I think there's fewer per group (2-3?) and you should be able to set up to charge one of them from surprise and have the rest of the surprise round to snipe another. If the RNG shafts you, it could turn out messy, though.

You need 5 map pieces to get the headquarters island to spawn and you get 1 per village. I went to the villages as soon as I saw them, so I don't know if additional villages spawn if you miss one.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am not sure if this was known to everyone, but Sosiel's Touch of Good and Bit of Luck, work with book events. Most importantly with The Lexicon of Paradox.

Getting all the Storyteller pages is still good, but you can get across the skill checks yourself with those 2 domains quite easily.

Desiderius

Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/5466829825401425661
Update 1.4.3l
Hello, crusaders!

We’ve prepared a hot-fix 1.4.3l (1.4.4d for macOS) with some very important changes:
  • Firstly, we’ve fixed the issue with Chinese font. We apologize to our Chinese players for the inconvenience, and we are working on a plan to prevent such issues from happening in the future;
  • Secondly, we’ve listened to your feedback regarding the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, and you’ve provided some very convincing arguments why the Last Azlanti mode should be optional. So, if you start a new game in the rogue-like mode, you can opt out of Last Azlanti, and have multiple saves.
pussies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom