Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You could probably run multiple Alchs to good effect. Chiurgeon with Healer Background would get there for Religion checks and it also gets a Rez. Backup Healing/Curing also would come in handy (you start with Infused Cures so could use that one for Fast Bombs/Cognatogen/Ability Focus since you've also got Healing Action Econ - don't take Infusion Discovery) then the other one (Grenadier/Preservationist/Incense) on regular Mutagen, xBow, and Enhanced Potions/Infusion.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Grenadier loses Brew Potions, which is a pretty significant loss. Pretty sure spending a month in Port turning cheap ingredients into valuable pots and scrolls will be a key strategy to get around the low rests.
You seem to forget that you also need extremely costly Scroll/Alchemy kits to brew anything higher lvl and rogue-like at its hardest in the beginning, when your budget is at its tightest.
DLC got reverse difficulty curve anyway and only becomes easier after first big boss at lvl 11/MR 3. There is a ton of basic +1-2 loot on trash mobs in the second chapter already so money stop being an issue.

Well some Aeon could have problems performance-wise, but high end Mythics like Angel/Lich/Trickster go into full faceroll really fast.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You could probably run multiple Alchs to good effect. Chiurgeon with Healer Background would get there for Religion checks and it also gets a Rez. Backup Healing/Curing also would come in handy (you start with Infused Cures so could use that one for Fast Bombs/Cognatogen/Ability Focus since you've also got Healing Action Econ - don't take Infusion Discovery) then the other one (Grenadier/Preservationist/Incense) on regular Mutagen, xBow, and Enhanced Potions/Infusion.
Nah, that sounds boring. I wanted this DLC to try out all the different classes and subclasses that I would never play in main campaign. Doing stuff like having multiple same class in group is something for much later once I tried everyone in mixed combinations.

Desiderius

Patron
Nah, that sounds boring. I wanted this DLC to try out all the different classes and subclasses that I would never play in main campaign. Doing stuff like having multiple same class in group is something for much later once I tried everyone in mixed combinations.
I guarantee you you’d be the first player in the history of Wrath to try a Chiurgeon.

I’m not shitting you that it would actually be good given these unique constraints either.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Grenadier loses Brew Potions, which is a pretty significant loss. Pretty sure spending a month in Port turning cheap ingredients into valuable pots and scrolls will be a key strategy to get around the low rests.
You seem to forget that you also need extremely costly Scroll/Alchemy kits to brew anything higher lvl and rogue-like at its hardest in the beginning, when your budget is at its tightest.
DLC got reverse difficulty curve anyway and only becomes easier after first big boss at lvl 11/MR 3. There is a ton of basic +1-2 loot on trash mobs in the second chapter already so money stop being an issue.

Well some Aeon could have problems performance-wise, but high end Mythics like Angel/Lich/Trickster go into full faceroll really fast.
Lol no I’m not talking higher level. Alch III kit is 4k. Doing it right now at lvl 7. 7 minute Bull Strengths are gold. If I’d taken Extended could have 14 min. Higher lvl takes Mythic anyway and you’re slow spell progression.

One Alch for Brewing/Cooking/buffing/attacking (could be Viv/Metamorph with different Tailwind) the other for Corruption control (high Religion)/healing/curing/res/touch debuffs.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Lol no I’m not talking higher level. Alch III kit is 4k. Doing it right now at lvl 7. 7 minute Bull Strengths are gold. If I’d taken Extended could have 14 min. Higher lvl takes Mythic anyway and you’re slow spell progression.

One Alch for Brewing/Cooking/buffing/attacking (could be Viv/Metamorph with different Tailwind) the other for Corruption control (high Religion)/healing/curing/res/touch debuffs.
I tried doing potion brewing in my first run, I never had ingredients for it and I could not buy them in shop in port. I had ton of shit for cooking which I didn't care for as much.

Desiderius

Patron
Biggest problem with Brewing is (still) limited selection but there’s stat boosts at II (can brew after first voyage with cheap II Kit) and things open up at lvl 3 (after second voyage).

Desiderius

Patron

I tried doing potion brewing in my first run, I never had ingredients for it and I could not buy them in shop in port. I had ton of shit for cooking which I didn't care for as much.
It’s hard to find but they’re there under Ingredients tab. I missed them first time too. Maybe just added or show up after second voyage.

Daidre

Arcane
At lvl 7 you can afford 1 Heroic Invocation scrolls and now, when Owlcat patched in cooking incidents, cook the Demon Slayer's soup. It is +7 attack and damage.
Alchemist's abilities are useful of course, especially for random loot potions that go all way to lvl 6 btw, but Bull Strength pots seem... small in comparison.

Desiderius

Patron
At lvl 7 you can afford 1 Heroic Invocation scrolls and now, when Owlcat patched in cooking incidents, cook the Demon Slayer's soup. It is +7 attack and damage.
Alchemist's abilities are useful of course, especially for random loot potions that go all way to lvl 6 btw, but Bull Strength pots seem... small in comparison.

Demon Slayer’s has high skill check for lvl 7. Cooking bonuses stack with Enhancement. Now that ingredients are there I can do Bull Strengths after first voyage then Hastes/free up Haste Slots after second. Also Delay Communal etc I think. Will need to test.

Will probably need Stoneskins for Pirates?

Daidre

Arcane
Demon Slayer’s has high skill check for lvl 7. Cooking bonuses stack with Enhancement. Now that ingredients are there I can do Bull Strengths after first voyage then Hastes/free up Haste Slots after second. Also Delay Communal etc I think. Will need to test.
Yeah, buying at least 1 Scroll for Resist Fire/Cold Communal before first and second voyage was a painfully learned lesson.
Game also starts to drop level draining mobs on my head couple of levels before my Oracle/Cleric get Death Ward too(

TwoEdge

Scholar
So, an Owlcat representative did an AMA on Reddit a couple of hours ago, and it seems the enhanced edition will focus primarily on increased reactivity, especially during act 5, and UI improvements/QoL (plus some performance gains from console optimizations). Late game mythics weren't moved to earlier chapters, but some got expanded (likely not by much, but at least something). It seems that Devil, Swarm, and mostly Legend were touched upon (Gold Dragon was not). Early mythics seem to have received some more reactivity also.

Relevant Reddit thread

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, buying at least 1 Scroll for Resist Fire/Cold Communal before first and second voyage was a painfully learned lesson.
Game also starts to drop level draining mobs on my head couple of levels before my Oracle/Cleric get Death Ward too(
The single target versions of Delay/Resist (Hunter starts with them) are underrated since the duration is so much longer. Can usually get by on those until hitting the Communal at lvl 5 on Cleric/Shaman/Witch. Those scrolls are kind of expensive. Witch gets Death Ward at lvl 7 and I haven't seen drainers before that yet.

Yosharian

Arcane
AC stacking behaviour under new patch:
  1. As far as I can tell, conditional bonuses appear to no longer stack with permanent bonuses - principally, conditional Deflection bonuses such as those granted by Shield of Law / Greater Angelic Aspect no longer stack with permanent Deflection bonuses (e.g. Shield of Faith)
  2. Natural Armor bonuses are still stacking according to previous rules
It would be reasonable to assume that Competence bonuses should no longer be stacking (e.g. Bard Inspire Courage + Skald Inspire Rage) but I don't have a Bard levelled so I didn't test it

Here's evidence of the old conditional Deflection stacking since I'm sure someone is going to jump into the thread and claim that it never worked that way before:

conditional.jpg

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Mirror Image should work fine if you are under Mind Blank, since a few patches ago? Haven't tested this yet

The only monsters that should be able to pierce your concealment/images are creatures with Echolocation or something similar

And those are pretty fucking rare

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mirror Image should work fine if you are under Mind Blank, since a few patches ago? Haven't tested this yet

The only monsters that should be able to pierce your concealment/images are creatures with Echolocation or something similar

And those are pretty fucking rare
From what I've read - no.

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright I just tested it, Mind Blank does seem to not be protecting users of Mirror Image from the effects of True Seeing.

This is odd because it was literally written in the patch notes:

• Mind Blank now protects from all devices and spells that gather information about the target through divination magic (such as see invisibility, thoughtsense and true seeing);

And yet it is clearly not working as written. It's almost like Owlcat don't test their patches before throwing them at Steam.

I can't see what other purpose Mind Blank might serve. Perhaps it works for concealment, e.g. Displacement, but not Mirror Image.

This was bandied about on the Discord as if it was working, it seems like nobody actually fucking tested it

Yosharian

Arcane
Alright so I tested with Displacement and it appears that True Seeing's ability to negate concealment spells is being neutralized by Mind Blank:

mindblank.jpg

So either Owlcat are making a decision that Mind Blank's protection will only apply to concealment and not to MI, or they just didn't code it correctly

But Displacement/Blur/Greater Invisibility should be reasonably effective vs any target that doesn't have Echolocation or Blind-Fight

Desiderius

Patron
There’s a decent amount of Blindsense/Scent/Blindsight effects from various Wild Shaping archetypes playerside so wouldn’t surprise me to see enemies start showing up with some of that to get around the limitations on Divination.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, an Owlcat representative did an AMA on Reddit a couple of hours ago, and it seems the enhanced edition will focus primarily on increased reactivity, especially during act 5, and UI improvements/QoL (plus some performance gains from console optimizations). Late game mythics weren't moved to earlier chapters, but some got expanded (likely not by much, but at least something). It seems that Devil, Swarm, and mostly Legend were touched upon (Gold Dragon was not). Early mythics seem to have received some more reactivity also.

Relevant Reddit thread

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure if people remember my "The Plan TM" a while back, where I went all the way to Drezen with the Paths that weren't deviations, and I said I'd leave any deviations and Trickster for last, because I predicted they'd need to fix things to them?

Well, turns out I was based, because look what's happening now.

And also, the only one I'm interested in an "enhanced epilogue" for is Regil. All the others can stay simple.

Zopenco

Novice
Could you please tell me how can you check the Spell Penetration of your Kineticist?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom