Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Stoned Ape

Savant

MC Human Crusader going Angel. Early tank/Healer Mace and Board Heavy. Will sling Bolts of Justice (with wide crits) at Merge. Skills: Religion, Perception
I'm pretty sure Bolts of Justice hit automatically so can't crit, unfortunately.

Could pick up Hellfire Ray at that level which does, though (alternatively Elemental Assessor with Elemental Barrage).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol just figured out that if I can get to lvl 15 Swordlord can turn off the +25 Pirate’s Ire AB bonus with the Capstone Shatter Confidence.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Battle Scion activation is clunky but it doesn't give up much (and gives you a lot - you can share any TW Feat you have, not just the ones you give up Rage Powers for - you don't have to give up any).
Battle Scion got rather obscure drawback - he got his own unique version of Rage Powers that allows to choose teamwork feat but this closes off access to Extra Rage Power feat, and since my Rage Power setup for Skald often includes at least five - Reckless Stance, Share Ferocity, 3 Animal totem powers, I have ended up in the situation where I was not even able to use his archetype feature most of my run.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Heh, I was thinking that Cure Wounds Wands would be nice in DLC 3 campaign but then it hit me that have never seen a wand in any of my runs. They just... do not exist there.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Damn, I'm really liking Warpriest nowadays, I think Stauton gave me a very bad first impression so I just ignored the class.
At first Feral Champion was decent enough with good damage even from start but with a bit luck on +natural weapon damage he becomes a beast, quite literally. Actually want to try this one as a Demon in main campaign, with all those juicy claw and bite enhancing gear.
And now having fun with Cult Leader, solid damager all around.

Heh, I was thinking that Cure Wounds Wands would be nice in DLC 3 campaign but then it hit me that have never seen a wand in any of my runs. They just... do not exist there.
No wands but I think I found some metamagic rods.

Tsubutai

Educated
I didn't find any in the roguelite but in the main campaign I found two 50-charge wands of Cure Critical Wounds in the Act 3 island chain.

Also, getting *really* tired of the DLC's encounter design philosophy, which largely seems to boil down to 1) place tanky but unthreatening enemy in a room, clearly visible from its entrance; 2) cover everything behind and to the sides of tanky-but-unthreatening enemy with fog of war, even in cases where there should be clear lines of sight from the entrance, 3) place actually dangerous enemies in the fog of war so they can get surprise rounds even if you initiate combat yourself.

It's almost as fun as the situations where your character should be able to charge an enemy but apparently there's an awkward pebble in the way and you can't run over it because it would hurt your precious little tootsy-wootsies.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I didn't find any in the roguelite but in the main campaign I found two 50-charge wands of Cure Critical Wounds in the Act 3 island chain.

Also, getting *really* tired of the DLC's encounter design philosophy, which largely seems to boil down to 1) place tanky but unthreatening enemy in a room, clearly visible from its entrance; 2) cover everything behind and to the sides of tanky-but-unthreatening enemy with fog of war, even in cases where there should be clear lines of sight from the entrance, 3) place actually dangerous enemies in the fog of war so they can get surprise rounds even if you initiate combat yourself.

It's almost as fun as the situations where your character should be able to charge an enemy but apparently there's an awkward pebble in the way and you can't run over it because it would hurt your precious little tootsy-wootsies.
Sounds familiar. Frequently had such impressions on the base campaign maps. Can't charge actual threats, because some meatwalls/mobs are standing in front and the enemies that matter are in fog of war behind.
What motivated me to find more creative ways to set up charges also mid-combat :)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Any good down to earth builds for all companions?
Their standart builds always works well enough, even on core. No need to multi class, unless you really want to.

What motivated me to find more creative ways to set up charges also mid-combat :)
Being a Trickster with "imporved" AoOs really work well while trying to find a nice charge angle ;) Most of them meatshields kill themselves, feels like you are trampling them.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Being a Trickster with "imporved" AoOs really work well while trying to find a nice charge angle ;) Most of them meatshields kill themselves, feels like you are trampling them.

Yeah, that's the angle I'm exploring now. Power Attack achieved after Leper's Smile (needed a Str belt) and Dex to damage achieved at Lost Chapel yesterday. Next stop - Drezen siege.

Will be a while before I get to MR 4 and can get Improved Mobility Trick... but I expect to have a lot of fun.
Hell, I'm already having fun just swinging the Wide Sweep on a moderatly tanky character. Had no idea how fun it is... even before you have effective 20+ Ever Ready attacks per round as groups of enemies kill themselves as you run past them.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm seems I found a good bug. From what I understand Dark Elementalist power should replace Elemental Overflow but it stacks :D
Is it still capped at +1/three levels tho? Are you talking about Fire's Fury? That should stack with whatever the Overflow replacement is.
it is capped but I am getting +2 attack and +4 damage when other Kineticists can only get one of those bonuses. And yes I did take Fire's Fury, it gives me even more damage.
at lvl 14 I got +14 touch attack and doing 2d6+9 fire damage. So far this party is kicking ass easier than one in my first one did. Also I already got a few of those nice crits :D
Is there some arcanist focusing into ray attacks as well? Or maybe I should got that wizard/rogue prestige for sneak attack rays.
Nah I think the crit range makes up for the Sneaks so you don't need them. Best thing Arcane Trickster could do was tack Sneaks onto Fireballs. The problem with the straight casters is just the lack of rest. That's why I think Scroll Savant might be the way to go. I guess you can supplement with Arcanist Exploit Blasts if you want if you play Arcanist.

Should be more than 2d6 + 9 on your Kinnie at lvl 14? You should get the +2/+4 at lvl 6 on any Kinnie, then +3/+6 at lvl 9 etc. with extra dice every other lvl.

Dark doesn't get the size bonus tho it's unclear what that actually does. Dark does have more staying power when it comes to things like Celerity since it can just keep spending Burn and getting it back with Soul Power up to INT bonus while Engine for instance wants to blow all it's Burn right away to get double bonuses.
I meant lvl 4, I fixed it.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Wide Sweep
Heh, used the same weapon for a long time, thanks to greater magic weapon. Just changed to great axe for killing bosses quickly with one cavalary charge.
WotR best part is mounted combat for me, even with it bugs.

Yeah, my earlier characters were all mounted chargers :)

Still that 150+150++ move speed fucker (TTT also has a mythic ability for speed) with potential over 30+ AoOs should be fun as well :D
Also neat that as a Trickster in TTT you get extended crit range (by 2) without spending feats AND pierce critical/sneak immunities/fortifications.

Chargers are awesome, but usually limited to one enemy/group per round. This fucker should clear whole screens during his round.... if my expectations work, that is.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I've tried playing it like Icewind Dale with full on merc party, but there's so much stuff tied to companions in this game, that's it is literally impossible to properly enjoy the game. Yes, you are forced to play with companions to actually enjoy the game, get nice stuff and levels.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
I don't mind companions except Nenio and Camelia. Camelia is actually OK till her "super sekrit" reveal. I's prefer her as an ultra snob, bourgeois that somehow stuck with us than what we got her as in the game.
Greybor, Sosiel and Lann are boring but they can be managed and ignored. Also got somewhat good content. Aru and Wenduag are both feel very forced but you can ignore both easly. (Aru even goes to "horny jail" >_> )
I thought I'll hate Seelah the most (her name means "weapon" in Turkish lol) but grow to like her. Regill, Daeran, Ember and Woljif are solid all around.
My biggest dissapointment is lich companions, I can understand why they are silent but they are too silent.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Vital Strike + Sneaks is a nonbo (outside of Rowdy?). Why play Vivi at all? Tanglefoot is AoE Entangle (plus root on target) plus Blinding and Curse Bombs too good.
Because sneaks are not very strong in this DLC. It is full of elementals and they are immune to sneak attacks. Being able to just power through them with vital strike and strenght bonuses on two handed weapon and better Power Attack is needed. I don't know what this rowdy is. As soon as I was not be able to sneak attack, vivi was mostly useless. Even after taking Mythic Weapon Finess.

Is there some sneak attacker with a mount? Being able to always flank enemies on your own and horse giving you quasi pounce would also be good.
Lol that’s why you play Bombers instead. Man release day memes get stuck in your heads and it’s like superglue. STR-Vivi with double-weapon on the Exotic tailwind might be only exception but Bombs just too good.
Oh Alchemist Bombs are ranged touch attacks.. I guess I need to make one with the Tailwind I got atm.
Is Bombardier best one for this role?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Is Bombardier best one for this role?

Not that different from the standart Alchemist tbh but yeah Bombardier is the one for carpet bombing. Melts most bosses in single turn when it get swift bombs upgrade.
Also there many sort of bombs for every situation. Tanglewood and Cursed are really good.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just tried starting a new run of the expansion for this challenge thing. I have removed Toybox and uninstalled the mod manager but for some reason when I roll a merc, the game gives me a 25 point buy character. I thought mercs should only have 20? (I usually have Toybox set to 20, as well.)

What should the point buy be for mercs in the expansion? Have I just been nerfing myself up until now or has my game bugged out?

Desiderius

Patron
Grenadier loses Brew Potions, which is a pretty significant loss. Pretty sure spending a month in Port turning cheap ingredients into valuable pots and scrolls will be a key strategy to get around the low rests.

It looks great on paper but the only thing it gives you that you really need is Precise Bombs which you can always just grab with a Feat/Discovery. Martial is meaningless with Evercold. If you use Mod Finder mod to get Dark Codex it's got extra Mythics that include Unlimited Bombs (prereq Extra Bombs Feat so it's an investment that might not even be worth it) and Unlimited Incense (which would be awesome if the class worked). Preservationist solves a longstanding issue with Alch (crappy fifth level spells) though I guess Extend Meta could also do that. Those high level Summons are really good tho.

On the other hand Alchemical Weapon can do some things (you could even stack Bombs on Bombs) with found/purchased Bombs:

Alchemical Crit.jpgAlchemicalWeaponCrit.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Just tried starting a new run of the expansion for this challenge thing. I have removed Toybox and uninstalled the mod manager but for some reason when I roll a merc, the game gives me a 25 point buy character. I thought mercs should only have 20? (I usually have Toybox set to 20, as well.)

What should the point buy be for mercs in the expansion? Have I just been nerfing myself up until now or has my game bugged out?
I don't know for sure but I don't think game would go below 25, companions still have way more.

Desiderius

Patron
Arcane Bomber Wiz is probably also pretty great with that Tailwind/low rest. Favorite class (along with Blight Druid) of Dixon Sider, one of best Unfair players on Steam.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Arcane Bomber Wiz is probably also pretty great with that Tailwind/low rest. Favorite class (along with Blight Druid) of Dixon Sider, one of best Unfair players on Steam.
I just had a druid in my last run so I don't want another again (and I am not impressed with blaster druids). I am trying to play different characters each time if I can even if they are not most effective in their role. I will check out that Wizard subclass and compare with Bombardier (but better BAB of alchemist and mutagens is already a big advantage from the start).

I am thinking now Bomb character, some Oracle for Priest role and another melee character (maybe Monk or Barbarian or even Warpriest; Maybe even Bloodrager, I never played that class and its subclasses) to fill out my last 3 slots.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Yeah, the Alchemical Weapon can apprently also be used to cause Elemental Barrage procs....

Desiderius

Patron
I just had a druid in my last run so I don't want another again (and I am not impressed with blaster druids). I am trying to play different characters each time if I can even if they are not most effective in their role. I will check out that Wizard subclass and compare with Bombardier (but better BAB of alchemist and mutagens is already a big advantage from the start).
You'll want Congnatogen at some point anyway for the debuffs. 1/2 BAB on Bomber isn't great but you're attacking touch anyway instead of Alch that uses xBow part of the time.

I just pointed out that he liked Blight Druid to illustrate how original his contributions were.

It's Grenadier not Bombadier but don't lock yourself into that one. As I said the Martial Prof that gets people all excited is irrelevant. Alch Weapon is kind of a pain/gimmick. You're there more for the buff/debuff than the damage since you've already got the Tailwind to boost that. Preservationist Summons are really good at higher levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom