Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does not help as they can move a lot and target anyone they want. I have seen them shoot at back line with the ray.
Are they immune from Difficult Terrain? What's the range on the Ray?

Nah, Bogeyman don't have any immunties afaik. They just got high SR and DR. They didn't use their attacks on my back line but maybe just my luck.
But killing zones and pulling to doorways, tight spot really work well in this DLC. Just keep an eye on the Island debuffs, you really want to be quick on aging island for instance.
I was talking about Demon Spider Constructs. They use a petrification ray that is even worse than Boogyman attack. You only need to fail one save and you cannot just use Raise Dead afterwards with 100% success but you need to dispel petrification with Break spell or similar shit.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3282583269818962951

Update 1.4.3k
Hello, crusaders!

A new update, 1.4.3k has arrived! We’ve fixed the cutscene with Thall the Wallflower and the inquisitors, some issues with the 3rd DLC islands; prices, and the assortment of abyssal merchants, and some mechanical bugs as well.

Please keep in mind that a new update can potentially break your mode, but 1.3.7 version is still available in the beta branch!

We would like to apologize to those who play on macOS. We are still working to resolve the critical issue which prevents you from playing the new DLC. We are very sorry it’s taking so much time to fix this problem, and we are promising to let you know as soon as the update is ready! Thank you for your patience.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Quests
  • Brodie could still turn into a ghoul, despite the complete quest with his cure – fixed;
  • Nocticula could turn hostile even when the Trickster sided with her – fixed;
  • Now it's possible to watch the book events in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC more than once;
  • The Inquisition no longer makes you wait for their arrival when you are talking to Thall the Wallflower, the Desnan mage.

Areas
  • Added loot containers after the death of shadow bosses in the 3rd DLC. Added portal to exit the area after the battle;
  • Fixed an issue with the navigation in Mutasafen's Laboratory;
  • Fixed a number of traps on the Midnight Isles;
  • Fixed one of the portals in the Middle City of Alushinyrra, and it will no longer break your party.

Crusade
  • Lann could participate in the crusade council meetings during chapter 5 from behind the zone borders – fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws;
  • Fixed some armor class bonuses;
  • Fixed the spellbook progression when the Dark Rites are used;
  • Legend was available on the 3rd mythic level in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, instead of the 8th mythic level – fixed, now it works similarly to the main game;
  • Now, animal companions also get the black spot effect;
  • Scald's bonus feat now has access to all metamagic;
  • Tailwind got removed after retraining the character – fixed;
  • Tailwind of Fists provided additional slashing damage, instead of bludgeoning damage – fixed;
  • True Strike didn't work correctly after an attack with a spell – fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • Fixed the Dweomer Leap ability in turn based mode.

UI
  • Fixed a number of icons.

Visual
  • Fixed fog of war in the 3rd DLC dungeons, which obscured the view at the end of the stairs.

Misс
  • During one of the dialogues on the path of Swarm That Walks, some Deskari lines were attributed to his Echo – fixed;
  • Fixed a bug in the dialogue with Venture-Captain Gristoff, in case of Hilor's death in chapter 5;
  • Hunting season is open! Now, all types of triceratops can also be skinned;
  • Kitsune in human form disappeared on area transition – fixed;
  • We have reworked the cost of the rods in accordance with the wishes of the merchant's guild – now the cheap ones are a little cheaper, and the expensive ones have become more expensive!
  • Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);
  • The Skeletal Salesman got in trouble with Alushinyrra tax collectors, and his basic assortment was reduced in quantity. However, he managed to conceal his true volume of goods—which means that rare and unique things remain available in full.
"Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);" - I guess they fixed this one fast.

BTW, I found out that my Smilodon Druid when he charges in surprise round gets 5 attacks instead of one. Should I report that as a bug? :D

I see they also killed Legend as Mythic option for DLC3.
Smilo has Pounce. Kind of the point. Won Unfair P:K by making Val a Feyspeaker to get her one.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I was talking about Demon Spider Constructs. They use a petrification ray that is even worse than Boogyman attack.

Oh, those fuckers. They are the source of most of my party member deaths with different ray attack on each turn. Dunno if their rays can be dodged but I resisted a good amount of them via resist spells and saving throws.
Best tactic is to nuke them in one turn, or surround them with lots of summons and attack from a far.
Those Spider Constructs also susceptible to trip, get some wolf and dog summons.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was talking about Demon Spider Constructs. They use a petrification ray that is even worse than Boogyman attack.

Oh, those fuckers. They are the source of most of my party member deaths with different ray attack on each turn. Dunno if their rays can be dodged but I resisted a good amount of them via resist spells and saving throws.
Best tactic is to nuke them in one turn, or surround them with lots of summons and attack from a far.
Those Spider Constructs also susceptible to trip, get some wolf and dog summons.
So far they have been mostly using Rays to attack closest target but Boogyman seems to target those with weakest save if it is in range. But it could be that I mostly ran into those Spider Constructs while casters were further in the back while Boogyman were in more open maps where they had clear access (also fuckers started in hiding so I could not alpha strike them).

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3282583269818962951

Update 1.4.3k
Hello, crusaders!

A new update, 1.4.3k has arrived! We’ve fixed the cutscene with Thall the Wallflower and the inquisitors, some issues with the 3rd DLC islands; prices, and the assortment of abyssal merchants, and some mechanical bugs as well.

Please keep in mind that a new update can potentially break your mode, but 1.3.7 version is still available in the beta branch!

We would like to apologize to those who play on macOS. We are still working to resolve the critical issue which prevents you from playing the new DLC. We are very sorry it’s taking so much time to fix this problem, and we are promising to let you know as soon as the update is ready! Thank you for your patience.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Quests
  • Brodie could still turn into a ghoul, despite the complete quest with his cure – fixed;
  • Nocticula could turn hostile even when the Trickster sided with her – fixed;
  • Now it's possible to watch the book events in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC more than once;
  • The Inquisition no longer makes you wait for their arrival when you are talking to Thall the Wallflower, the Desnan mage.

Areas
  • Added loot containers after the death of shadow bosses in the 3rd DLC. Added portal to exit the area after the battle;
  • Fixed an issue with the navigation in Mutasafen's Laboratory;
  • Fixed a number of traps on the Midnight Isles;
  • Fixed one of the portals in the Middle City of Alushinyrra, and it will no longer break your party.

Crusade
  • Lann could participate in the crusade council meetings during chapter 5 from behind the zone borders – fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws;
  • Fixed some armor class bonuses;
  • Fixed the spellbook progression when the Dark Rites are used;
  • Legend was available on the 3rd mythic level in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, instead of the 8th mythic level – fixed, now it works similarly to the main game;
  • Now, animal companions also get the black spot effect;
  • Scald's bonus feat now has access to all metamagic;
  • Tailwind got removed after retraining the character – fixed;
  • Tailwind of Fists provided additional slashing damage, instead of bludgeoning damage – fixed;
  • True Strike didn't work correctly after an attack with a spell – fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • Fixed the Dweomer Leap ability in turn based mode.

UI
  • Fixed a number of icons.

Visual
  • Fixed fog of war in the 3rd DLC dungeons, which obscured the view at the end of the stairs.

Misс
  • During one of the dialogues on the path of Swarm That Walks, some Deskari lines were attributed to his Echo – fixed;
  • Fixed a bug in the dialogue with Venture-Captain Gristoff, in case of Hilor's death in chapter 5;
  • Hunting season is open! Now, all types of triceratops can also be skinned;
  • Kitsune in human form disappeared on area transition – fixed;
  • We have reworked the cost of the rods in accordance with the wishes of the merchant's guild – now the cheap ones are a little cheaper, and the expensive ones have become more expensive!
  • Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);
  • The Skeletal Salesman got in trouble with Alushinyrra tax collectors, and his basic assortment was reduced in quantity. However, he managed to conceal his true volume of goods—which means that rare and unique things remain available in full.
"Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);" - I guess they fixed this one fast.

BTW, I found out that my Smilodon Druid when he charges in surprise round gets 5 attacks instead of one. Should I report that as a bug? :D

I see they also killed Legend as Mythic option for DLC3.
Smilo has Pounce. Kind of the point. Won Unfair P:K by making Val a Feyspeaker to get her one.
In normal turn yes, but during surprise turn you only get standard action and you can normaly use that to charge and get one attack but smilodon gets 5 LOL. This is main reason why I gave up Bear form and went Smilodon afterall.
And I should have made my Vivi that fox race so it can also pounce with 2 kukri and sneak attack before enemies stop being flatfooted.

On next run I might go Strength Vivi with Vital Strike

Desiderius

Patron
Vital Strike + Sneaks is a nonbo (outside of Rowdy?). Why play Vivi at all? Tanglefoot is AoE Entangle (plus root on target) plus Blinding and Curse Bombs too good.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Vital Strike + Sneaks is a nonbo (outside of Rowdy?). Why play Vivi at all? Tanglefoot is AoE Entangle (plus root on target) plus Blinding and Curse Bombs too good.
Because sneaks are not very strong in this DLC. It is full of elementals and they are immune to sneak attacks. Being able to just power through them with vital strike and strenght bonuses on two handed weapon and better Power Attack is needed. I don't know what this rowdy is. As soon as I was not be able to sneak attack, vivi was mostly useless. Even after taking Mythic Weapon Finess.

Is there some sneak attacker with a mount? Being able to always flank enemies on your own and horse giving you quasi pounce would also be good.

Rowdy is a Rogue subclass.

I don't think there's any sneak attacker with an animal companion. I'd guess it's one of those things that seems obviously too overpowered to add.

Real shame you can only mount your own animal rather than an ally's. Is this correct according to Pathfinder PnP rules? Makes sense for weird shit that you'd struggle to mount like a velociraptor that you'd need some kind of telepathic control to ensure they don't throw you off, but a common horse should be mountable by anyone imo. But then I suppose if you expanded mounting to anything then people would be summoning demons and dragons and stuff and mounting them which would get silly.

> Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws

And so at last the ability to combine Guarded Hearth with Skald song dies, not with a bang but with a belated patch note

Man that's a very ominous line for anyone doing anything fun.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is there some sneak attacker with a mount? Being able to always flank enemies on your own and horse giving you quasi pounce would also be good.
Sanctified Slayer can get mount from the animal domain. I had hobbit-kukrist on Leopard in one run, it was hilarious, but build took some time to bloom, ~lvl 5-6 or so.

Sanctified Slayer can get mount from the animal domain. I had hobbit-kukrist on Leopard in one run, it was hilarious, but build took some time to bloom, ~lvl 5-6 or so.
Man that's some really delayed sneak attack, only 6d6 max and you get your first at level 4, much worse than other 6d6 sneak attackers. I guess it counts though.

Now the real question is why don't we have an animal companion sneak attacker?

Stoned Ape

Savant
Because sneaks are not very strong in this DLC. It is full of elementals and they are immune to sneak attacks. Being able to just power through them with vital strike and strenght bonuses on two handed weapon and better Power Attack is needed. I don't know what this rowdy is. As soon as I was not be able to sneak attack, vivi was mostly useless. Even after taking Mythic Weapon Finess.

Rowdy is a STR-based rogue archetype that gets free martial weapon proficiency and vital strike from level 1, improved from 6, and greater from level 11.

It also gets Vital Force, which does (double sneak attack) dice damage on top of vital strike (as precision damage).

I tried out a Rowdy 4 (to cause a debilitating injury)/Vanguard Slayer 7 on my initial run and it caused 37.5% of the damage my party caused by itself. It's still not great against Elementals, though.

I found it best to Vital Strike when moving or full attack if already in melee.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't think there's any sneak attacker with an animal companion. I'd guess it's one of those things that seems obviously too overpowered to add.
Main reason why Greybor on Bismuth is pretty much solid business in the main game.
Vital Strike + Sneaks is a nonbo (outside of Rowdy?). Why play Vivi at all? Tanglefoot is AoE Entangle (plus root on target)plus Blinding and Curse Bombs too good.

Greybor does plenty of damage on his own with Holy Bashing Shield which also makes him a lot tankier with Defensive Study. Bismuth clogs up melee too much while Greybor has nice small footprint. Let Bis guard squishies and wander in to finish off stragglers. One unmounted pet gives you two frontliners, two midfielders (Cleric is good there), and three Ranged/Casters which is a good mix.

If Sneaks are a big part of your damage your mind is still stuck in 3.5. They’re a worthwhile supplement (or more than that on Surprise spells because AoE) but there are bigger sources single target and Sneaks can be unreliable when you need them most.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Rowdy is a STR-based rogue archetype that gets free martial weapon proficiency and vital strike from level 1, improved from 6, and greater from level 11.

It also gets Vital Force, which does (double sneak attack) dice damage on top of vital strike (as precision damage).

I tried out a Rowdy 4 (to cause a debilitating injury)/Vanguard Slayer 7 on my initial run and it caused 37.5% of the damage my party caused by itself. It's still not great against Elementals, though.

Sounds interesting but weaker than Vivi due to lack of buffs to AB (vs those you cannot flank or sneak).
But that Sanctified Slayer sounds good. I might try that one. Might even go Lich with this one and make him a Death Knight of a kind. Maybe even start as Dhampir. Lich abilities lets him have vampiric touch blade which is cool and permanent DR that is basically unbreakable.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Lol that’s why you play Bombers instead. Man release day memes get stuck in your heads and it’s like superglue. STR-Vivi with double-weapon on the Exotic tailwind might be only exception but Bombs just too good.

Desiderius

Patron

Sounds interesting but weaker than Vivi due to lack of buffs to AB (vs those you cannot flank or sneak).
But that Sanctified Slayer sounds good. I might try that one.
Vivi is 3/4 and Mutagen only +2 until lvl 12. What are you talking about?

ArchAngel

Arcane

But that Sanctified Slayer sounds good. I might try that one.
Vivi is 3/4 and Mutagen only +2 until lvl 12. What are you talking about?
And spells that give you AB buffs. Rogue is nothing if you cannot flank or sneak. You will hit rarely and do no damage.

Doesn't Bomber have same problem like base Alchemist, you run out of bombs per day fast?

Desiderius

Patron
What spells? Whole point of Alch is that it can share Personal spells but only AB spell is rnd/lvl and Bombs only (the extra range is nice). I don’t run out of Bombs because I (usually) don’t use Fast Bombs. You have to Move a lot anyway since Bombs are Close Range (unless you have Bomber’s Eye up).

With Cognatogen and the +2 DC Feat you’ll have some of highest DCs in game and Bombs bypass SR. Extra Bombs is six but Evercold xBow is good Action econ for regular fights. By midgame you’ve got enough when needed in any case. Columns can be Blinded.

Obv Rogue is in trouble if it can’t flank but that’s rare. First hit is full BAB then iteratives and off-hand benefit from Debilitating. Not great fit for this DLC (Vivi or Rogue) I don’t think.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Greybor does plenty of damage on his own with Holy Bashing Shield which also makes him a lot tankier with Defensive Study. Bismuth clogs up melee too much while Greybor has nice small footprint. Let Bis guard squishies and wander in to finish off stragglers. One unmounted pet gives you two frontliners, two midfielders (Cleric is good there), and three Ranged/Casters which is a good mix.

If Sneaks are a big part of your damage your mind is still stuck in 3.5. They’re a worthwhile supplement (or more than that on Surprise spells because AoE) but there are bigger sources single target and Sneaks can be unreliable when you need them most.
Bismuth has gore attack now that can make targets prone, and has a higher movement speed than Greybor. It also allows Greybor to do a full attack, because he counts as 0ms spent. You give Greybor attacks that take down CON and STR, and he's effectively a melee machine gun, without the need to buff 2 party members defensively, but only 1.
Not to mention a lot less micro.

That's the beauty of a mount: you save on spell slots by buffing only 1 party member with defensives. Same with itemization. You think my Seelah has anything defensive on her, other than her armour? You can get Seelah to dual-wield, if you're really anal.

Desiderius

Patron
Vanguard is waiting for some way to buff Studied Target for Vanguard’s Bond (Defensive Study might be enough = unlimited Move Action stacking Prayer). Uncanny is solid but Tactician is rough with so few rests. Can still use for Shake it Off vs tough casters.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s not anal to twf on Seelah, it’s almost mandatory to take full advantage of Smites. Not a fan of Mounting her now for several reasons.

Bismuth will never be full pet and you can’t choose his Feats. Crippling Strike on Greybor is meh - stuff should be dead before it matters. He has a ton of other good talents - read them! By the time you get him speed shouldn’t be much of an issue, can even take Lann Drovier for Speed Aura since I don’t want two non-casters.

I don’t buff Bis because he hangs back first couple rounds and if he dies it doesn’t matter. Permanent summon.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most bosses in WOTR, especially the demon kind, have True Sight. But generalizing things is very very bad.

You can roleplay a dispeller and/or Aeon, and that can significantly change how a battle goes... in turn, making illusion magic quite potent.

Not entirely sure of Humbaba's angle and/or context, but the way you put it, it feels like a poor argument.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And I still havn't tested in unmodded game if Owlcat promise to fix Mind Blank suppression of True Sight came true...

Sarathiour

Cipher
Well, you click on the arrow if you want the full argument/angle.

Also remind me to post screenshot here next month, unless some drastic change have been made, load of shit like level 20+ balor don't even have it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom