Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
He has to be the first person who doesn't see like 5 separate tells on her in the prologue.

She just joined the party suddenly, and didnt really tell anything about herself. I dont assume that everyone is evil at first meet. Havent really talked with her afterwards. If she is evil i will dismiss her. I will have to use cheats and buy three companions.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played Midnight Isles DLC a bit yesterday, here are my thoughts;

-Buggy as shit but we are speaking of Owlcat here so it's kind of their trademark. Corrupted save is the worst bug can happen...
-Port becomes irreveleant quickly. At first two journeys you need some potions, scrolls and such but after I filled my party I only visited shop for checking out uniques or +4 equipment.
-Tailwinds are really unbalanced. +1 damage for every 5 levels is a major joke. At least some of them are exciting enough to reform your party around them.(like some certain classes heal the party on kill)
-Haven't seen any persuasion, athletics or mobility checks on those buff statues.
-Loving the really rogue like part of it. Lost my party to a freaking rat swarm, a large water elemental (oh the memories :D) and monk at the end of the first island sets. The monk one was hilarious, he sweeped the floor with my so called high AC party. One leg sweep and you are dead :D

-Monster Tactician works wonders, he tanked my most succesful run with summons and was a decent skill monkey. A bit low on the damage part but acceptable.
Rowdy rogue with heavy crossbow is murder, carried party on first two sets of islands. Only problem was an elemental infested island because of sneak immunity.
I second the Elemental Engine, once you got the burn buffs rolling, pain train never stops. The Glass Cannon.
I always coupled healing with arcane magic via Mystic Theurge(can't resist the urge eh eh eh) got a lot of healing from channels and huge amount of spells. I can auto cast magic missile or snowball easly. Only problem is it's a late bloomer so getting it at level 8 or 9 is much more better then trying to level one.

Edit: I want to try a Granedier and Dragon Style monk on my next run. Let's see how they will fare.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
So, I have an Ecclesitheurge of Asmodeus with the Fire domain and Ascendant Element: Fire (mostly to make sure she can still hurt fire immune creatures) but on the last island I visited (which was full of undead) she kept doing zero damage to certain creatures. A message in the combat log reads 'X is immune to Hellfire Ray' or whatever spell she cast.

I've also noticed that her Flamestrike does full holy damage, but only half fire damage to certain creatures.

I've not modded the game.

I've not noticed this happen until recently, but is it a bug that I've somehow triggered or have Owlcat nerfed Ascendant Element to the point there is absolutely no reason to take it now?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
There are certan bugs with spellcasters right now. One island debuff killed my divine spellcasters casting ability and she never recovered. Had to ditch her on next port with a new one.
Using +caster level equipment bugs your spell slots for further spell levels.

I think gold dragon and swarm are not included in mythic levelling pool. I was able to select everything expect them. Not a great loss tbh.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am close to finishing my first run of DLC on Core. Lvl 11, 3 mythic levels. Except for Boogyman that kept one shotting my characters I didn't have a lot of problems. I noticed that for some reason if your character fails a death save game does not show it, only if you succeed.. I took Azata as Mythic path, got the dragon on lvl 3 and sent him to fight petrify ray demon constructs. It passed a couple of saves and then just died after another hit and combat log didn't show the results of that save.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Also, do the feat descriptions match gameplay reality?

Never going to happen with WoTR, to big for its own good and they broke new things with every new patch.
I just respec my party members if things don't work like intended. For Rowdy crossbow you don't really need most of them feats anyway, since I'll be spamming vital strike anyway.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
He has to be the first person who doesn't see like 5 separate tells on her in the prologue.

She just joined the party suddenly, and didnt really tell anything about herself. I dont assume that everyone is evil at first meet. Havent really talked with her afterwards. If she is evil i will dismiss her. I will have to use cheats and buy three companions.
For now you can turn a blind eye if you wish. However by mid Act 3, during her quest it will be blatantly obvious, so you should prepare to replace her...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In case someone wants to make a Dex character with Fighter's Finesse wielding heavy arms after patch 1.40, which broke Mythic weapon Finesse, the Homebrew Archetypes mod seems to fix it.

Sometimes i load game and the bless buff is gone. I dont know what triggers this, maybe you have idea?
I've seen save/load be buggy before and accidentally make my enlarge spell permanent (spell gone but effects stay forever). Check if the same hasn't happened to you. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened on other spells and was just less obvious because there's no character size to notice. In general the game is just buggy and you have to deal with it.

rubinstein

Educated
Jesus this DLC makes me feel like such a newb. Normal (!) finally getting too easy and ready to kick it up to Challenging lol.
I finished OC on Core last october, and I remember it being an enormous yet rewarding grind.
i missed on nwn/nwn2 multiplayer so i have never become a 3.5 build expert. but lessons from wotr made me finish nwn2 oc + motb on very hard with only five deaths (all in OC in early neverwinter part of the game) without abusing rest, which isnt a notable achievement, but a couple years ago i considered the game fairly difficult on 'classic dnd'. wotr can... prepare you for shit
When Excess dropped in february or march (i guess) the game reminded me how painful it can be (+ their freakin puzzles), so i droppet it half way. the same with Ashes, especially it being low level - played for like 2 hours with three different characters, and dropped it, exhausted from being constantly killed and having no resources to combat rng. my point is: going to wotr after such a long break and trying to go through these bloated Isles enemies is really leeching off my life force and mental health. On my very first attempt i was able to kill first (mini?)boss, got his item, and then my party died to a random large elemental somewhere in the second isles set. i restarted with a new team, but the next boss that spawned was just so high level he destroyed my entire buffed team in two rounds (i suspect a problem with bosses scaling, but im not sure). if i was going rtwp i wouldnt even have time to get surprised. i started again from scratch on Normal, and its muuuuuch easier, but i got careless and almost died to a random 10lvl/5mythic enemy, so the game still is kinda demanding, and i dont know if i care that much anymore. i feel fatigued and exhausted, if i try to beat more than one higher level isle in a sitting. 30 mins of wotr, 2h of rest, 30 mins of wotr, 2h of rest - that was my weekend basically
What are you guys doing with the Pillars?
i just cheese them by sending a ranger, while i go for a snack or a tea, and by the time i am back they are usually gone. but once it spawned with a lot of nasties around in a final room, so i just applied every possible buff and sent my team in, hoping they will just win. and they did, with an average of 20% HP remaining each.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah Witches/Shamans are gold (Half-Orc Shaman gets Full Pet and Hampering Hex which works on Mind-Immune BTW), so many good Hexes in low rest even Healing. Hunters are Solid with Full Pet and Delay Poison at lvl one, full Barkskins at 4, and yeah found Elemental Engine for Dorf tailwind also works with the 17-20 Ranged Touch Crit range I'm playing now.

As does Preservationist Alch (Grenadier loses Brew Potions and Brewing/Scribing is one way out of the rest crunch). Really appreciate Daidre figuring out that Enhance/Extend Potion Discoveries turns Alch into a Scroll Savant for Pots.

Gnome Alch with Historian Background gets +4 Knowledge World for cooking/brewing and can cover Trickery with a little help (first Nobility ability helps early). Dirge Bard could also Brew I guess but really need her for Religion checks.

Looking like Dirge Bard (Religion/Initimidate/UMD), some variety of Alch (World/Trickery/Brewing), Scroll Savant (Arcana/Scribing), and a Witch/Shaman will be default core to supplement various MCs along with something Mounted. Plan is to stock up on pots/scrolls in Port via buying/scribing/brewing to get around rest limitations. Everybody gets Stealth/Perception.

Desiderius

Patron

For now you can turn a blind eye if you wish. However by mid Act 3, during her quest it will be blatantly obvious, so you should prepare to replace her...
What isn't obvious at first is how one-dimensional the quest is. Sophomoric resentment of the hot chick fanfic from the writer.

I am close to finishing my first run of DLC on Core. Lvl 11, 3 mythic levels. Except for Boogyman that kept one shotting my characters I didn't have a lot of problems. I noticed that for some reason if your character fails a death save game does not show it, only if you succeed.. I took Azata as Mythic path, got the dragon on lvl 3 and sent him to fight petrify ray demon constructs. It passed a couple of saves and then just died after another hit and combat log didn't show the results of that save.
Dorf Pal gets Immunity to Petrify at some point.

ArchAngel

Arcane

What isn't obvious at first is how one-dimensional the quest is. Sophomoric resentment of the hot chick fanfic from the writer.

Dorf Pal gets Immunity to Petrify at some point.
Does not help as they can move a lot and target anyone they want. I have seen them shoot at back line with the ray. Only way to stop that is to hide your squishy guy behind a wall in room before.

This DLC is full of small rooms and doors where enemies wait on other side just out of sight. This is first time I am considering leveling up Stealth with all characters. I will do that with my 2nd party.
In TB, striking first and striking hard is best way to defeat enemies when you only got one life and one try.

Desiderius

Patron
Does not help as they can move a lot and target anyone they want. I have seen them shoot at back line with the ray.
Are they immune from Difficult Terrain? What's the range on the Ray?

Desiderius

Patron
I'm hoping to pull with Elemental Engine Extended Range to set up Dazzling/Ranged Killzones using Stone Call/Web/Sickening Entanglement Scrolls. We'll see how it goes.

My current teams is all focused on damage, I got almost zero CC people.
Gonna need a lot for screens full of Pirates.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3282583269818962951

Update 1.4.3k
Hello, crusaders!

A new update, 1.4.3k has arrived! We’ve fixed the cutscene with Thall the Wallflower and the inquisitors, some issues with the 3rd DLC islands; prices, and the assortment of abyssal merchants, and some mechanical bugs as well.

Please keep in mind that a new update can potentially break your mode, but 1.3.7 version is still available in the beta branch!

We would like to apologize to those who play on macOS. We are still working to resolve the critical issue which prevents you from playing the new DLC. We are very sorry it’s taking so much time to fix this problem, and we are promising to let you know as soon as the update is ready! Thank you for your patience.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Quests
  • Brodie could still turn into a ghoul, despite the complete quest with his cure – fixed;
  • Nocticula could turn hostile even when the Trickster sided with her – fixed;
  • Now it's possible to watch the book events in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC more than once;
  • The Inquisition no longer makes you wait for their arrival when you are talking to Thall the Wallflower, the Desnan mage.

Areas
  • Added loot containers after the death of shadow bosses in the 3rd DLC. Added portal to exit the area after the battle;
  • Fixed an issue with the navigation in Mutasafen's Laboratory;
  • Fixed a number of traps on the Midnight Isles;
  • Fixed one of the portals in the Middle City of Alushinyrra, and it will no longer break your party.

Crusade
  • Lann could participate in the crusade council meetings during chapter 5 from behind the zone borders – fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws;
  • Fixed some armor class bonuses;
  • Fixed the spellbook progression when the Dark Rites are used;
  • Legend was available on the 3rd mythic level in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, instead of the 8th mythic level – fixed, now it works similarly to the main game;
  • Now, animal companions also get the black spot effect;
  • Scald's bonus feat now has access to all metamagic;
  • Tailwind got removed after retraining the character – fixed;
  • Tailwind of Fists provided additional slashing damage, instead of bludgeoning damage – fixed;
  • True Strike didn't work correctly after an attack with a spell – fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • Fixed the Dweomer Leap ability in turn based mode.

UI
  • Fixed a number of icons.

Visual
  • Fixed fog of war in the 3rd DLC dungeons, which obscured the view at the end of the stairs.

Misс
  • During one of the dialogues on the path of Swarm That Walks, some Deskari lines were attributed to his Echo – fixed;
  • Fixed a bug in the dialogue with Venture-Captain Gristoff, in case of Hilor's death in chapter 5;
  • Hunting season is open! Now, all types of triceratops can also be skinned;
  • Kitsune in human form disappeared on area transition – fixed;
  • We have reworked the cost of the rods in accordance with the wishes of the merchant's guild – now the cheap ones are a little cheaper, and the expensive ones have become more expensive!
  • Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);
  • The Skeletal Salesman got in trouble with Alushinyrra tax collectors, and his basic assortment was reduced in quantity. However, he managed to conceal his true volume of goods—which means that rare and unique things remain available in full.

Tsubutai

Educated
> Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws

And so at last the ability to combine Guarded Hearth with Skald song dies, not with a bang but with a belated patch note

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3282583269818962951

Update 1.4.3k
Hello, crusaders!

A new update, 1.4.3k has arrived! We’ve fixed the cutscene with Thall the Wallflower and the inquisitors, some issues with the 3rd DLC islands; prices, and the assortment of abyssal merchants, and some mechanical bugs as well.

Please keep in mind that a new update can potentially break your mode, but 1.3.7 version is still available in the beta branch!

We would like to apologize to those who play on macOS. We are still working to resolve the critical issue which prevents you from playing the new DLC. We are very sorry it’s taking so much time to fix this problem, and we are promising to let you know as soon as the update is ready! Thank you for your patience.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Quests
  • Brodie could still turn into a ghoul, despite the complete quest with his cure – fixed;
  • Nocticula could turn hostile even when the Trickster sided with her – fixed;
  • Now it's possible to watch the book events in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC more than once;
  • The Inquisition no longer makes you wait for their arrival when you are talking to Thall the Wallflower, the Desnan mage.

Areas
  • Added loot containers after the death of shadow bosses in the 3rd DLC. Added portal to exit the area after the battle;
  • Fixed an issue with the navigation in Mutasafen's Laboratory;
  • Fixed a number of traps on the Midnight Isles;
  • Fixed one of the portals in the Middle City of Alushinyrra, and it will no longer break your party.

Crusade
  • Lann could participate in the crusade council meetings during chapter 5 from behind the zone borders – fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Fixed incorrect stacking of similar bonuses to Armor Class and saving throws;
  • Fixed some armor class bonuses;
  • Fixed the spellbook progression when the Dark Rites are used;
  • Legend was available on the 3rd mythic level in the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC, instead of the 8th mythic level – fixed, now it works similarly to the main game;
  • Now, animal companions also get the black spot effect;
  • Scald's bonus feat now has access to all metamagic;
  • Tailwind got removed after retraining the character – fixed;
  • Tailwind of Fists provided additional slashing damage, instead of bludgeoning damage – fixed;
  • True Strike didn't work correctly after an attack with a spell – fixed.

Turn-based mode
  • Fixed the Dweomer Leap ability in turn based mode.

UI
  • Fixed a number of icons.

Visual
  • Fixed fog of war in the 3rd DLC dungeons, which obscured the view at the end of the stairs.

Misс
  • During one of the dialogues on the path of Swarm That Walks, some Deskari lines were attributed to his Echo – fixed;
  • Fixed a bug in the dialogue with Venture-Captain Gristoff, in case of Hilor's death in chapter 5;
  • Hunting season is open! Now, all types of triceratops can also be skinned;
  • Kitsune in human form disappeared on area transition – fixed;
  • We have reworked the cost of the rods in accordance with the wishes of the merchant's guild – now the cheap ones are a little cheaper, and the expensive ones have become more expensive!
  • Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);
  • The Skeletal Salesman got in trouble with Alushinyrra tax collectors, and his basic assortment was reduced in quantity. However, he managed to conceal his true volume of goods—which means that rare and unique things remain available in full.
"Fixed damage bonus calculation when Fighter's Finesse is used with Weapon Finesse (Mythic);" - I guess they fixed this one fast.

BTW, I found out that my Smilodon Druid when he charges in surprise round gets 5 attacks instead of one. Should I report that as a bug? :D

I see they also killed Legend as Mythic option for DLC3.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Does not help as they can move a lot and target anyone they want. I have seen them shoot at back line with the ray.
Are they immune from Difficult Terrain? What's the range on the Ray?

Nah, Bogeyman don't have any immunties afaik. They just got high SR and DR. They didn't use their attacks on my back line but maybe just my luck.
But killing zones and pulling to doorways, tight spot really work well in this DLC. Just keep an eye on the Island debuffs, you really want to be quick on aging island for instance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom