Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
So, anyone tested the new patch nerfs?

Tsubutai

Educated
The DLC3 merchants are still selling +6 belts and headbands in Act 3 of the main quest.

Tsubutai

Educated
The DLC3 merchants are still selling +6 belts and headbands in Act 3 of the main quest.
Shouldn't it be in Act 4 anyway?
It has content in acts 3, 4, and 5. The Act 3 content ends with the fight against Star Rattle.

I actually like that part, because you have to beat the whole dungeon to have the money to afford any of those items. Feels like a reward. But I'm probably a minority.
Hmmm, I was able to buy two dual-stat +6 belts, a +6 protection amulet, and some +6 headbands before travelling to the first island - in my experience if you're diligent about selling off looted items that you have no use for, you can easily end up with quite a lot of surplus gold.

Stoned Ape

Savant
The Midnight Isles Challenge starts now!
Ahoy, captains!

The Midnight Isles Challenge begins! Anyone willing to participate may do so by following this set of simple rules:

1. Pick one of 5 difficulty levels: Normal, Daring, Core, Hard, Unfair and activate the Last Azlanti mode (don't worry, you can still load the game at checkpoints with this mode!)
    fbd7bb548f15771fc23bd20c2315740d429e24ad.png

2. Play DLC3: The Treasure of the Midnight Isles in Roguelike mode, recording or streaming the whole playthrough.

3. Defeat all the main bosses of the DLC or as many as you can manage by September 18, 23:59 CEST, and make screenshots of all the score screens you see in the game (the ones that feature the number of attempts, damage stats etc.)

4. Fill in
    this registration form
    and send it before September 18, 23:59 CEST.

5. Five champions, one for each level of difficulty, who killed the most bosses with the lowest number of attempts in the shortest time, will get their names highlighted in our social media and receive Season Pass 2 keys the moment they become available!

Important notes:
  • Your game must be free of any mods.
  • You may freely retrain your characters if the difficulty level allows it.
  • Both RtwP and TBM can be used in any combination.
  • You may freely use any builds, classes and Mythic Paths.
Good luck!
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3282583269819062803

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vital Strike + Sneaks is a nonbo (outside of Rowdy?). Why play Vivi at all? Tanglefoot is AoE Entangle (plus root on target) plus Blinding and Curse Bombs too good.
Because sneaks are not very strong in this DLC. It is full of elementals and they are immune to sneak attacks. Being able to just power through them with vital strike and strenght bonuses on two handed weapon and better Power Attack is needed. I don't know what this rowdy is. As soon as I was not be able to sneak attack, vivi was mostly useless. Even after taking Mythic Weapon Finess.

Is there some sneak attacker with a mount? Being able to always flank enemies on your own and horse giving you quasi pounce would also be good.
Rowdy is a STR-based rogue archetype that gets free martial weapon proficiency and vital strike from level 1, improved from 6, and greater from level 11.

It also gets Vital Force, which does (double sneak attack) dice damage on top of vital strike (as precision damage).

I tried out a Rowdy 4 (to cause a debilitating injury)/Vanguard Slayer 7 on my initial run and it caused 37.5% of the damage my party caused by itself. It's still not great against Elementals, though.

I found it best to Vital Strike when moving or full attack if already in melee.
Sounds interesting but weaker than Vivi due to lack of buffs to AB (vs those you cannot flank or sneak).
But that Sanctified Slayer sounds good. I might try that one. Might even go Lich with this one and make him a Death Knight of a kind. Maybe even start as Dhampir. Lich abilities lets him have vampiric touch blade which is cool and permanent DR that is basically unbreakable.
Its a really great class. I have a mounted charging dual build, if interested:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...dnight-isles-dlc.139979/page-699#post-7975547

Polanski

Scholar
Are you should about this? Because I just read some stating otherwise on reddit.
Gn6eaQQ.png
See line on the left? Each time you change some option in that section, game just slaps "not eligible for difficulty-related achievs" flag on your save game. Whole reddit is filled with people who switched to the Core, killed water elemental in prologue and got nothing. And it does not matter if you moved some of them up, not down.

Btw, Crusade difficulty and more importantly, xp sharing method could be changed on the run without any effect on achievements.
I just tried to test it. I changed the difficulty to Hard and fought the Quasit and I still got the achievement. So you are actually allowed to increase the difficulty without ruining the chance for those types of achievements.

SSQcdxu.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3282583269819062803
The Midnight Isles Challenge starts now!
Ahoy, captains!

The Midnight Isles Challenge begins! Anyone willing to participate may do so by following this set of simple rules:

1. Pick one of 5 difficulty levels: Normal, Daring, Core, Hard, Unfair and activate the Last Azlanti mode (don't worry, you can still load the game at checkpoints with this mode!)
    fbd7bb548f15771fc23bd20c2315740d429e24ad.png

2. Play DLC3: The Treasure of the Midnight Isles in Roguelike mode, recording or streaming the whole playthrough.

3. Defeat all the main bosses of the DLC or as many as you can manage by September 18, 23:59 CEST, and make screenshots of all the score screens you see in the game (the ones that feature the number of attempts, damage stats etc.)

4. Fill in
    this registration form
    and send it before September 18, 23:59 CEST.

5. Five champions, one for each level of difficulty, who killed the most bosses with the lowest number of attempts in the shortest time, will get their names highlighted in our social media and receive Season Pass 2 keys the moment they become available!

Important notes:
  • Your game must be free of any mods.
  • You may freely retrain your characters if the difficulty level allows it.
  • Both RtwP and TBM can be used in any combination.
  • You may freely use any builds, classes and Mythic Paths.
Good luck!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Vital Strike + Sneaks is a nonbo (outside of Rowdy?). Why play Vivi at all? Tanglefoot is AoE Entangle (plus root on target) plus Blinding and Curse Bombs too good.
Because sneaks are not very strong in this DLC. It is full of elementals and they are immune to sneak attacks. Being able to just power through them with vital strike and strenght bonuses on two handed weapon and better Power Attack is needed. I don't know what this rowdy is. As soon as I was not be able to sneak attack, vivi was mostly useless. Even after taking Mythic Weapon Finess.

Is there some sneak attacker with a mount? Being able to always flank enemies on your own and horse giving you quasi pounce would also be good.
Rowdy is a STR-based rogue archetype that gets free martial weapon proficiency and vital strike from level 1, improved from 6, and greater from level 11.

It also gets Vital Force, which does (double sneak attack) dice damage on top of vital strike (as precision damage).

I tried out a Rowdy 4 (to cause a debilitating injury)/Vanguard Slayer 7 on my initial run and it caused 37.5% of the damage my party caused by itself. It's still not great against Elementals, though.

Sounds interesting but weaker than Vivi due to lack of buffs to AB (vs those you cannot flank or sneak).
But that Sanctified Slayer sounds good. I might try that one. Might even go Lich with this one and make him a Death Knight of a kind. Maybe even start as Dhampir. Lich abilities lets him have vampiric touch blade which is cool and permanent DR that is basically unbreakable.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...dnight-isles-dlc.139979/page-699#post-7975547
That is an inquisitor, not a slayer :D I was hoping for a full BAB class :(

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just tried to test it. I changed the difficulty to Hard and fought the Quasit and I still got the achievement. So you are actually allowed to increase the difficulty without ruining the chance for those types of achievements.
Interesting. I have literally tried to do the same thing almost year ago with other boss and got nothing. Maybe they've changed conditions at some point because there was 2-3 topics on steam and reddit each week with "no achievement for x boss" reports.
Now I am kinda curious whether you'll get achiev for completing the game on Core.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Martial classes with pet:

Ranger (delayed, -4 level)
Cavalier (except Pike)
Paladin (delayed)
Mad Dog (Barbarian)
Bloodrider (Bloodrager, delayed, -4 level)
Sohei (Monk)

I think that's it but I could have missed something obvious.

Without mods, the only ways I can think of to get a sneak attacking full BAB rider is to go for a Ranger and wait for Sense Vitals or to take 3-4 levels of Slayer on a full pet class (Mad Dog or Sohei would probably be the most efficient) then grab boon companion and accomplished sneak attacker.

You can also take Trickster as your Mythic Path for extra sneak dice.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So another party just dissappered thanks to save game bug. That bug also deletes all island progress so no tailwind or similar for you on next run...
I'm just dropping the dlc at this point but damn my last run was fun. Used a tailwind buffed party, Good Hunting. If you use the classes, you start to heal all party on enemy kill. I was healing for 1d10 per character level! on kills.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Divine Favor makes it full BAB and is pretty spammable.

Desiderius

Patron
Martial classes with pet:

Ranger (delayed, -4 level)
Cavalier (except Pike)
Paladin (delayed)
Mad Dog (Barbarian)
Bloodrider (Bloodrager, delayed, -4 level)
Sohei (Monk)

I think that's it but I could have missed something obvious.

Without mods, the only ways I can think of to get a sneak attacking rider is to go for a Ranger and wait for Sense Vitals or to take 3-4 levels of Slayer on a full pet class (Mad Dog or Sohei would probably be the most efficient) then grab boon companion and accomplished sneak attacker.

You can also take Trickster as your Mythic Path for extra sneak dice.
There’s a (bad) Pal with Sneaks (maybe it’s TTT). There’s a Mystery that gives a Mount, guess there’s no Spirit? Nomad Ranger is full Pet but slow Vitals (though you can raise CL various ways).

TTT Cavs have an ability at lvl 4 that unlocks a Feat that gives you full Mount regardless of what other Class lvls you have (Super Boon) so if you have a hard-on for a Sneaky Mount that would be one ways to do it. Combine with DEX Vivi I guess to get your Mobility up with Mutagen.

BAB isn’t that big of a deal, its just that most Martials have additional abilities to enhance AB. Inquisitors have a lot too if you don’t splash since they scale by class level.

Stoned Ape

Savant
There’s a (bad) Pal with Sneaks (maybe it’s TTT). There’s a Mystery that gives a Mount, guess there’s no Spirit? Nomad Ranger is full Pet but slow Vitals (though you can raise CL various ways).
Oh yeah, that Slayer/Paladin thing without Smite Evil. I completely blanked that out!

EDIT: I think it loses the horse as well, though...

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh yeah, that Slayer/Paladin thing without Smite Evil. I completely blanked that out!
That is my biggest issue with paladin subclasses - all of the them sacrifice something so good that basic paladin most often is the best choice. I have similar problem with Skalds too.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I looked around but could not find anything better than Sanctified Slayer so I took that, focused on strength and two handed weapons. Going to go Lich. 2nd character Thundercalled bard, 3rd Dark Elementalist Fire Kineticist. No idea what else to take. Wanted some kind of Monk and I need some kind of Cleric as well.
This is second item quest, took Tailwind that gives 17-20 crit range for touch spells, I should probably take more such characters.

Desiderius

Patron
That is my biggest issue with paladin subclasses - all of the them sacrifice something so good that basic paladin most often is the best choice. I have similar problem with Skalds too.
Battle Scion activation is clunky but it doesn't give up much (and gives you a lot - you can share any TW Feat you have, not just the ones you give up Rage Powers for - you don't have to give up any). I'll be trying the caster booster one with the Selective AoE Tailwind. Played Hospitaler second P:K run (Death Immunity is so low maintenance) but you miss Mark a lot more in Wrath. If the abilities of the Ranged one were better it might be decent since Pal isn't all that tanky if you two-hand and would love to Weapon Bond a Bow, but they're not so it isn't.

Desiderius

Patron
I looked around but could not find anything better than Sanctified Slayer so I took that, focused on strength and two handed weapons. Going to go Lich. 2nd character Thundercalled bard, 3rd Dark Elementalist Fire Kineticist. No idea what else to take. Wanted some kind of Monk and I need some kind of Cleric as well.
This is second item quest, took Tailwind that gives 17-20 crit range for touch spells, I should probably take more such characters.
I'm running that one with:

MC Human Crusader going Angel. Early tank/Healer Mace and Board Heavy. Will sling Bolts of Justice (with wide crits) at Merge. Skills: Religion, Perception
Aasimar Nomad full Mount Bulwark (with Celestial from TTT), melee early picking up Bow when a good one shows. Combat Style Archery Feats: Precise, Point Blank Shot, Rapid. Witch Hex Ward on Mount. Skills: Mobility, Stealth, Nature, Perception
Gnome Preservationist Alch, Historian Background + Obsessive for Cooking/Brewing, Touch debuffing (Tanglefoot/Blinding/Curse) Bombs (with wide crit) and Potion Buffer with Infusion + Enhance/Extend Potion. Skills: Trickery, Knowledge:World, UMD, Perception
Human Dirge Bard, Intimidation/Religion bonus per level. Can Intimidate Undead. Free Fear spells/DCs. Songs + Good Hope caster. Selective Rods + Fears = long-term Pirate plan. Currently Dazzler.
Human (?) Witch/Winter Witch. Conj Focus, Meta Snowballs (with wide crit), Hexes (Fortune for wide crit), Arcana/Scribing
Human Elemental Engine Fire with Ascendant Element touch Extended Range Blasts (with wide Crit). Will eventually have super high Nature Lore and late Smilo from TTT (Nature Lore focus unlocks late pet from Feat and Kinnie doesn't need many Feats).

A lot of factors to balance with the need for high skills.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hmm seems I found a good bug. From what I understand Dark Elementalist power should replace Elemental Overflow but it stacks :D

Desiderius

Patron
Hmm seems I found a good bug. From what I understand Dark Elementalist power should replace Elemental Overflow but it stacks :D
Is it still capped at +1/three levels tho? Are you talking about Fire's Fury? That should stack with whatever the Overflow replacement is.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is it still capped at +1/three levels tho? Are you talking about Fire's Fury? That should stack with whatever the Overflow replacement is.
it is capped but I am getting +2 attack and +4 damage when other Kineticists can only get one of those bonuses. And yes I did take Fire's Fury, it gives me even more damage.
at lvl 4 I got +14 touch attack and doing 2d6+9 fire damage. So far this party is kicking ass easier than one in my first one did. Also I already got a few of those nice crits :D
Is there some arcanist focusing into ray attacks as well? Or maybe I should got that wizard/rogue prestige for sneak attack rays.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
it is capped but I am getting +2 attack and +4 damage when other Kineticists can only get one of those bonuses. And yes I did take Fire's Fury, it gives me even more damage.
at lvl 14 I got +14 touch attack and doing 2d6+9 fire damage. So far this party is kicking ass easier than one in my first one did. Also I already got a few of those nice crits :D
Is there some arcanist focusing into ray attacks as well? Or maybe I should got that wizard/rogue prestige for sneak attack rays.
Nah I think the crit range makes up for the Sneaks so you don't need them. Best thing Arcane Trickster could do was tack Sneaks onto Fireballs. The problem with the straight casters is just the lack of rest. That's why I think Scroll Savant might be the way to go. I guess you can supplement with Arcanist Exploit Blasts if you want if you play Arcanist.

Should be more than 2d6 + 9 on your Kinnie at lvl 14? You should get the +2/+4 at lvl 6 on any Kinnie, then +3/+6 at lvl 9 etc. with extra dice every other lvl.

Dark doesn't get the size bonus tho it's unclear what that actually does. Dark does have more staying power when it comes to things like Celerity since it can just keep spending Burn and getting it back with Soul Power up to INT bonus while Engine for instance wants to blow all it's Burn right away to get double bonuses.

Desiderius

Patron
Welp, Elemental Engine is bugged to give you Burnout (double Overflow bonuses) right away instead of only at full Burn which is kind of broken:

Burnout Bug.jpg

Been wanting to try Overwhelming Soul anyway so guess we'll retrain on return to Port.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom