Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
So, an Owlcat representative did an AMA on Reddit a couple of hours ago, and it seems the enhanced edition will focus primarily on increased reactivity, especially during act 5, and UI improvements/QoL (plus some performance gains from console optimizations). Late game mythics weren't moved to earlier chapters, but some got expanded (likely not by much, but at least something). It seems that Devil, Swarm, and mostly Legend were touched upon (Gold Dragon was not). Early mythics seem to have received some more reactivity also.
This is what the game needs but from what I read it just won't be enough to fix the issues considering the EE's budget. Kingmaker feels finished at this point but I think WOTR will never feel like a finished game.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, my latest tailwind is the one giving touch attacks 17-20 crit range...
Elemental Engine and Grenadier here I come! Magus attacks via weapon don't count touch attacks, no?
Are there any other classes that had touch attacks that can crit?

Edit: Maybe a Kinetic Knight in there too?

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Elemental Engine and Grenadier here I come! Magus attacks via weapon don't count touch attacks, no?

Many spells are touch attacks. You can go Winter Witch and focus on frost balls. They even ignore SR.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Magus Spellstrike isn't touch. But you can use Spell Combat to deliver Touch/Ranged Touch Spells with Spellstrike disabled.
Maybe not the best idea in case of typical magus/sword saint. But it makes a lot of sense for an Eldritch Archer magus. In case of archer magus, Spellstrike rays are lost if they miss the mark - so its often better to fire Scorching/Hellfire rays and similar via Spell Combat as Ranged Touch Attacks - without using the Spellstrike ability.

Sure, Kin Knight would work - with the same caveat as Elemental Engine - use energy blasts only. I believe Dark Codex makes Electric element pretty attractive with Chain Infusion (still attack rolls and can crit AFAIK).
Although RTA EE should probably focus on Blue Flame double fire.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Also maybe Arcane Trickster? Of course, there is the matter of endurance of the traditional casters. As well as area magic debuffs...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
But they don't crit so it'll just make them easier to hit. I want to make use of that juicy %20 crit range.

Yeah just scroll up and you'll find longish discussion on this topic. Don't even need to crit if you've got the meta:

Ball vs Fire.jpg

Try out Arcane Bomber Wiz. Crit on both spells and bombs.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Only really poor thing[for some its a good thing] is that they literally took pathfinder tabletop and implemented it in the game as is. Meaning spell descriptions are straight out of pathfinder ruleset playbook. Didn't Owlcat get the memo, that computer games and tabletop games are different medium and that you can and should improve the material, by changing the spell description to something that is better organized and explained at a mere glance? I understand that some people who played this as tabletop religiously will feel like in home, but for others, especially less knowledgeable it's just a chore. A structured and coincise presentation of knowledge is paramount to conveying the information and enabling the players and newcomers to learn the material quicker. QoL accessibility is an important measure to increase the reach of the medium and make even better sales[not that pathfinder games need that, surprisingly considering that Solasta is easier system to digest has worse sales, are really that many people playing Pathfinder games in easy mode focusing on story and companions while they don't care about builds and mechanics? That's some insane storyfagotry and should be better suited with generic high fantasy game].

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only really poor thing[for some its a good thing] is that they literally took pathfinder tabletop and implemented it in the game as is. Meaning spell descriptions are straight out of pathfinder ruleset playbook. Didn't Owlcat get the memo, that computer games and tabletop games are different medium and that you can and should improve the material, by changing the spell description to something that is better organized and explained at a mere glance? I understand that some people who played this as tabletop religiously will feel like in home, but for others, especially less knowledgeable it's just a chore. A structured and coincise presentation of knowledge is paramount to conveying the information and enabling the players and newcomers to learn the material quicker. QoL accessibility is an important measure to increase the reach of the medium and make even better sales[not that pathfinder games need that, surprisingly considering that Solasta is easier system to digest has worse sales, are really that many people playing Pathfinder games in easy mode focusing on story and companions while they don't care about builds and mechanics? That's some insane storyfagotry and should be better suited with generic high fantasy game].
They could do that but then you would get about half the classes and 2/3 of spells that you got now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
As for my party, I had a "great idea" to make a throwing axe full divine caster so I made Spirit Shaman character as my 5th party member. I hope that enchant weapon ability can enchant multiple weapons if I dual wield. Can you dual wield and rapid shot with throwing axes? And how do I deal with low range of throwing weapons?
Maybe I should have gone with my first plan of giving that character Glaive.. but I could not find background that gives that as free proficiency (or any other martial reach weapon)..
I was looking at clerics and oracles first but I didn't find anything super exciting (Crusader gets martial stuff but loses a lot on casting).
At least Shaman has Barkskin, my Grenadier cannot buff everyone alone.

Oh and out of 5 characters I made 3 Dhampirs so I do not need to worry about level drain :D
Only Bard and Fire Kineticist that are most in the back are not. My 6th character will probably be one as well.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As for my party, I had a "great idea" to make a throwing axe full divine caster so I made Spirit Shaman character as my 5th party member. I hope that enchant weapon ability can enchant multiple weapons if I dual wield. Can you dual wield and rapid shot with throwing axes? And how do I deal with low range of throwing weapons?
You can dual wield and rapid shot with throwing axes, but manyshot is bow-only. Iirc enchant weapon works only on the main hand but maybe you can enchant and switch in the inventory.
Best way to do Barrage God shaman dual-thrower would be taking 3 elemental spirits on the default shaman for example: 1 from class, second from the Wandering Spirit feature and last one from Second Spirit mythic ability. Each one gives +1d6 elemental damage on any held weapon starting from lvl 11.

Very deadly, but lags in development until he at least gets Mythic Rapid Shot and Mythic Dual Wielding, Barrage and Second Spirit.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can dual wield and rapid shot with throwing axes, but manyshot is bow-only. Iirc enchant weapon works only on the main hand but maybe you can enchant and switch in the inventory.
Best way to do Barrage God shaman dual-thrower would be taking 3 elemental spirits on the default shaman for example: 1 from class, second from the Wandering Spirit feature and last one from Second Spirit mythic ability. Each one gives +1d6 elemental damage on any held weapon starting from lvl 11.

Very deadly, but lags in development until he at least gets Mythic Rapid Shot and Mythic Dual Wielding, Barrage and Second Spirit.
Hmm, in that case it is probably worth more to go Glaive, Vital Strike and AoO vs enemies running by (Battle spirit gives free combat reflexes). This Shaman gets enlarge spells so I can get more reach and more base weapon damage which is even better with Vital Strike. Basically a better version of Cam that went Dex like a moron.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
TWF, ranged, and VS are all very feat intensive and Feats are about the only thing Shaman doesn’t get.

VS is also nonbo with Barrage. You guys are Vital Strike crazy. Why not just mount up the Orc Shaman and slay with Falch?

Hampering Hex is your Standard Action when you don’t have full attax. It’s -4 at lvl 8 (when *first* VS turns on).

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Mounts are really OP in this game. Any melee class profits immediately, and any caster which gets it for free or at discount also likes it very much.

ArchAngel

Arcane
TWF, ranged, and VS are all very feat intensive and Feats are about the only thing Shaman doesn’t get.

VS is also nonbo with Barrage. You guys are Vital Strike crazy. Why not just mount up the Orc Shaman and slay with Falch?
#1 I already got one mounted guy so I reached my limit
#2 When you are mounted you cannot use Enlarge Person and other later spells that are big damage boosts.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, that Divine Slayer Inquisitor is pretty cool. I can mark targets without breaking stealth or starting battle (unlike Freebooter ranger). My Bard can also start his song without breaking stealth (don't know how that makes any sense :D) or starting battle so huge bonuses at start of each combat. And then Fire Kineticist can boost his attack for free before start and hit someone with a nice buffed Empower Kinetic Blast :)
Then Divine Slayer charges someone while mounted, gets sneak attack so basically two dead enemies even before combat starts for real.

ArchAngel Maybe a Shadow Shaman with a reach weapon? Cast your hexes, but be close up for AoO with sneaks via your reach weapon? That gameplay style would maximize the class features, including their Stealth and Shadows ability.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom