Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, I understood that's what parabulus was trying to make me understand, but the only + spell damage source that I can see find is the one from demonic rage, and it's +2.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Okay , so i found answers.

Demonic rage does not work with the spellstrike, it was actually chainmail of comradery. huh

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Haplo Desiderius besides the obviously Illusion based Wizard that the game based Nenio basic build on, what other build you can do for her?
I just ignore the illusion stuff and turn her into fire ranged touch attack caster. Illusion bonus slots are used for buffs only.

Then what do you do with Ember? She is supposed to be the fire ranged touch attack caster, especially with the ring giving free fire spells

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Haplo Desiderius besides the obviously Illusion based Wizard that the game based Nenio basic build on, what other build you can do for her?

Illusion spells are actually good in this game.
But I generally respec her to a pure Brown Fur Transmuter (keeping her Illusion school focus). Best Arcane buffer ever.
Although respeccing was a bit buggy for me.

Humbaba

Arcane
Illusions do be pretty good but relying on debuffs is a bit iffy so I usually take along Ember who is a great nuker.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
But I generally respec her to a pure Brown Fur Transmuter (keeping her Illusion school focus). Best Arcane buffer ever.

I know. Just thinking for another playthrough what alternative I could use for her.

Altho Illusion offensive spells are absolutely useless in the DLC1 because every single enemy is immune to mind affecting and all of them have Freedom of Movement.

God I wish most companion would join at Level 1 instead. Joining at Level 3 just makes changing their class a pain and make me want to use mod. Didn't really had that issue with KM as big part of companion all join at Level 1

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just ignore the illusion stuff and turn her into fire ranged touch attack caster. Illusion bonus slots are used for buffs only.

Then what do you do with Ember? She is supposed to be the fire ranged touch attack caster, especially with the ring giving free fire spells
Nenio is better at it than Ember. In addition to nuke spells she can cast a lot of good buffs. Only if you plan to use both in same team you can spec Ember into fire or Lightning (due to that bracer) and use Nenio in other way (in last run I am using both and Nenio is Illusionist/Transmuter but she is not as useful as direct damage fire caster, although it is funny when on occasions she turns some enemes into dogs)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

All the other stuff I tried that’s just worse than the Illusion. Illusion is enemies only high DC AoE control (and kill with Weird/Killer) so no great reason not to go that way. And you can still use the good midgame xBows with Divine Favor scrolls on top of that then whack stuff with Frightful.

Very few companions lend themselves well to going multiple directions in Wrath unlike P:K.

Desiderius

Patron
The bracer works well on Daeran (with max unholy rod).

Easier to use meta on Nenio so you could add endgame nukes.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Okay , so i found answers.

Demonic rage does not work with the spellstrike, it was actually chainmail of comradery. huh

You should really be going naked and using Archmage Armor. Everybody knows Armor sux in PF.

Desiderius

Patron

Ember is a mess. Meta is a pain with spontaneous and she has no other support for nukes. Once you hit CL 19 you can pivot to Hellfires but I wouldn’t bother until then. Conj (including Summon), Necro, or Enchant all work fine until then along with Hexes.

Major Hexes are good.

She’s an Elf so can also equip bows and Longswords like Radiance. Hmmm.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Ember is a mess. Meta is a pain with spontaneous and she has no other support for nukes. Once you hit CL 19 you can pivot to Hellfires but I wouldn’t bother until then. Conj (including Summon), Necro, or Enchant all work fine until then along with Hexes.

Major Hexes are good.

Hex besides I guess Evil Eye Cackle kinda lose effectiveness around Chapter 5 as there are very few way to boost the DC unlike Spells. I guess I can use defensive Hex as well with her and spam Cackle as well.

She got -4 Attack with any weapon though, which makes attacking with her not all that good either especially as she is 3/4 BAB class.

Desiderius

Patron

I know. Just thinking for another playthrough what alternative I could use for her.

Altho Illusion offensive spells are absolutely useless in the DLC1 because every single enemy is immune to mind affecting and all of them have Freedom of Movement.

God I wish most companion would join at Level 1 instead. Joining at Level 3 just makes changing their class a pain and make me want to use mod. Didn't really had that issue with KM as big part of companion all join at Level 1

If you want to mix things up just use a different party line-up (and design MC to fit). You can’t fit all the companions into one party anyway. I rarely use Nenio and Ember together so you can just use Ember and leave Nenio back home making scrolls.

Humbaba

Arcane
Hex besides I guess Evil Eye Cackle kinda lose effectiveness around Chapter 5 as there are very few way to boost the DC unlike Spells. I guess I can use defensive Hex as well with her and spam Cackle as well.
At that point you should be casting Death Curse or hellfire ray anyway tho.

ArchAngel

Arcane
All hexes are bad compared to direct damage spells boosted by Mythic abilities. If there were Mythic abilities for hexes it could be different.

ArchAngel

Arcane
What happens with your companions when you choose Legend at start of Act 5? I know your main guy loses almost all Mythic abilities but what happens to companion abilities?

Humbaba

Arcane
All hexes are bad compared to direct damage spells boosted by Mythic abilities. If there were Mythic abilities for hexes it could be different.
Hexes also don't use spell slots.

What happens with your companions when you choose Legend at start of Act 5? I know your main guy loses almost all Mythic abilities but what happens to companion abilities?
They keep em.

Desiderius

Patron

Major Hexes are good.

She got -4 Attack with any weapon though, which makes attacking with her not all that good either especially as she is 3/4 BAB class.

Sigh. Access to Major and Grand Hexes is the distinguishing feature of the Witch class. If you can’t be bothered to read anything else at least make sure you check out the main feature of each class. It’s what PF is about. No wonder you guys like to dip so much.

What do saves have to do with giving everyone on your team an extra bite attack? Delicious Fright is no save for the Shaken. Turn on that Shatter!

Agony is 60 ft range (!) and you use it to take out casters who have low Fort save. Unfortunately the nauseate is bugged so Demons think it’s poison but there are plenty of Cultists you want to take out too.

Likewise the AB malus goes down to -2 so ends up being no big deal, tho IIRC she’s 1/2 BAB so obviously low priority but if you’ve got a nice proc it’s something that’s there. Nenio has a lot more support for ranged weapons.

I do wonder if you make her a Dispeller (she gets Dispel, Greater) if that effects the Radiance Dispel check. Never tried it.

Desiderius

Patron

Not all Hexes even have a save, and most do something even if they make the save. It’s a nice supplemental action economy but would be better in P:K where resting is at more of a premium. Still if you’re doing something that requires stacking the debuffs high Hexes provide a unique additional layer.

Misfortune is the one that requires a lot of setup to be good, and of course the Sleep she comes with is really hit or miss.

Humbaba

Arcane
But they waste time you could be casting useful spells. By end of Act 3 you should stop using them.
Hexes are also very useful. Slumber/Deep Slumber remains useful in even the late game. You can also run out of spells and when that happens you'll be happy to have at least a nice debuff handy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
But they waste time you could be casting useful spells. By end of Act 3 you should stop using them.
Hexes are also very useful. Slumber/Deep Slumber remains useful in even the late game. You can also run out of spells and when that happens you'll be happy to have at least a nice debuff handy.
If it is useful at that point, the enemy was so weak you might as well use a crossbow or just let fighters in the group clear them. And no, Ember does not run out of spells due to Mythic abilties.

Humbaba

Arcane
If it is useful at that point, the enemy was so weak you might as well use a crossbow or just let fighters in the group clear them.
Fighters can't kill every enemy at the same time, until that happens, I like to disable those I can't kill.

And no, Ember does not run out of spells due to Mythic abilties.
You still run the risk of running out if you spam spells at every mob, even with abundant casting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom