Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Technomancer

Liturgist
You don’t become a blank slate for someone else to mold from scratch. Constantine wasn’t demoted to squire when he took up the cross.

She’d still be just as savvy and seductive and retain her (strong) personality. She would slip up here and there but just be more tuned in to the impact of her actions, both good and bad, and how it fits into the bigger picture.
To be fair she was exposed to goddess presence, a being like that can really scramble your brains so you can sort of explain radical personality shift by direct divine intervention. Shame that idea was not explored more. And she indeed felt more like an artificially created waifu than a proper character. Just too perfect, too girlish.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And she indeed felt more like an artificially created waifu than a proper character.
Thing is, if you go by tabletop info, she was turned by Desna around 4630 and was already several hundred years old before it. So she spent 85(!) years in the hostile part of the Wound, successfully double agenting and fooling countless demons and cultists to steal info.
Knowing that, it is really difficult to believe that her timid schoolgirl persona that cries at the drop of a hat could be anything but fake.

And that is without even touching technical aspect of the writing that suddenly goes full fanfic whenever her romance is nearby. It is hilarious that's an only interesting thought about about her character - fact that Arushalae's current state was magically enforced (she resets to default settings after abandoning her quest) comes from Daeran's author, of all people, as a part of his banters with her.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
And she indeed felt more like an artificially created waifu than a proper character.
Thing is, if you go by tabletop info, she was turned by Desna around 4630 and was already several hundred years old before it. So she spent 85(!) years in the hostile part of the Wound, successfully double agenting and fooling countless demons and cultists to steal info.
Knowing that, it is really difficult to believe that her timid schoolgirl persona that cries at the drop of a hat could be anything but fake.

And that is without even touching technical aspect of the writing that suddenly goes full fanfic whenever her romance is nearby. It is hilarious that's an only interesting thought about about her character - fact that Arushalae's current state was magically enforced (she resets to default settings after abandoning her quest) comes from Daeran's author, of all people, as a part of his banters with her.

Daeran's author is up there with Reg's and it's a long way down to the rest.

Daidre

Arcane
What's the bug ?^^
There is throne room event in the start of Chapter 5. Demon-Path-specific NPC comes and propose to teleport you for the last phase of Mythic quest. You could agree to go with him right now (probably tired and without spells after previous events) or you could ask him to wait. If you asked to wait, he tended to disappear never to be found again, bricking the quest line.

Owlcat proudly claimed him fixed in five patches or so, but bug is still here in the different form - now he is in the Drezen for teleport but goes AWOL if you leave the city.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Got trough the Shield Maze yesterday (Hard).
Playing with very low damage, no pet is predictably... not that fun.
But it does teach one more focus on tactics.
Also having neither Martial, nor Rogue, nor even Elven proficiency sucks...
Hope it gets better with Sohei's proficiencies.

Initially ranged focused volleys, but in the Maze ranged weapons largely stopped being effective (except on Lann when he reached higher level and eventually got a Composite Longbow).
So Camellia's Protective Hex was clutch... and the fights took a while with Seelah in Defensive Fighting mode.

Anyway, let's see how it goes further. Must persist to level 5, when I'll have a pet and should be able to take Boon Companion and start mounting and Spirited Charging (with Reduce Person).

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
So Camellia's Protective Hex was clutch... and the fights took a while with Seelah in Defensive Fighting mode.
Yeah, I only had Seelah tanking in couple of runs among the dozens and that was damn painful, even with Protective luck.

For my Unfair run, I took Wendu along with me, so I could afford ruining one companion's build with pet class and skip Hosilla's second phase. It is probably the best variant for Ironman too, because in other case, risk in Hosilla fight is way to high - everyone reroll initiative after annoying cutscene and she, being Inquisitor, often gets a free hit on your flat-footed AC.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, Wendu turns on her also if you use the Rage power in the cutscene.
In my game when the 2nd phase started, neutral Wendu immediately kill-stealed Hosilla, leaving only the Quasits to fight. Which was a bit weird, thought she had more HP. Maybe Wendu scored a lucky crit.

Anyway, the entire Maze was a bit of a pain, but easiest Hosilla fight so far (guess first time using Protective Hex... also first time I remembered to pre-buff Remove Fear).

Daidre

Arcane
In my game when the 2nd phase started, neutral Wendu immediately kill-stealed Hosilla, leaving only the Quasits to fight. Which was a bit weird, thought she had more HP. Maybe Wendu scored a lucky crit.
Yeah, you need one point with Wenduag for second phase skip - and this means taking her into Labyrinth or going for the evil version of mongrel quest line.

Surrendering to the rage is surprisingly impactful choice - it sets whether Wenduag/Lann will have Sane/Corrupted mongrel tribe variant of their line (events are the same but flavor differs a lot).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Didn't realise that. Interesting.

Maybe I should redo that fight. Lann's company would fit a lawful Aeon, not sure I want to make him (more) miserable.

What to multiclass him into, though. Thought about Judge... but then huge overlap with spells. And supposedly not that good.
Already had him as a druid.. wasn't that impressed. Hmm, maybe Spirit Shaman with Elemental Barrage? That could be pretty good, as I don't foresee a long future for Camelia (and don't really love Ember, except as Hex/Healing support).

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

it's scripted, Hostila will always die during that and yeah it makes battle much2 easier

ArchAngel

Arcane
That last big patch was supposed to do something about optimizing effects. Did anyone notice a difference?
I my 3rd run I am back in demon city and I stopped here 1 month ago because I hate it how low FPS this whole chapter is..

Desiderius

Patron

Maybe I should redo that fight. Lann's company would fit a lawful Aeon, not sure I want to make him (more) miserable.

What to multiclass him into, though. Thought about Judge... but then huge overlap with spells. And supposedly not that good.
Already had him as a druid.. wasn't that impressed. Hmm, maybe Spirit Shaman with Elemental Barrage? That could be pretty good, as I don't foresee a long future for Camelia (and don't really love Ember, except as Hex/Healing support).

Multiclass him into Zen Archer. It's good.

Lann10owninghardstaunton.jpg

Lann8AB100damHardShiv.jpg

Lann14critNalfeshee.jpg

Zen Archer14 Ki Shout.jpg

LannSacred20 w 71AB.jpg

Or, you know, Hunter lol. It works. I used the Trip on Urban Hunter to get him to close to melee before I figured out how mounts worked.

Judge is badly swift-clogged. Booter is great. I've done Nomad (I think some of those pics are Nomad, Huntmaster, or Urban Hunter) but I know you don't like Horses. But yeah ZA with Longbow for the extra range definitely gets there with proper support (Bless Weapon + Perfect Strike + Keen until you hit lvl 11).

Told you SS would suck early. And it may not get a whole lot better.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
I my 3rd run I am back in demon city and I stopped here 1 month ago because I hate it how low FPS this whole chapter is..
Well, my new 3080 got whole 40-50 FPS at 1.2 in the city and stutters are almost tolerable. Previously, on 1.17 and 1080 it was 25 FPS and awful stutters.
No idea how it would be at 1.3.

Or, you know, Hunter lol. It works. I used the Trip on Urban Hunter to get him to close to melee before I figured out how mounts worked.
Lann makes absolutely wonderful Deliverer Slayer thanks to his lawful alignment. It sends his range damage up to the skies. No pet though.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Deliverer is 2d6. It's worse than base Slayer. I... don't get the appeal.

I've got a shot somewhere of ZA8 hitting Unfair Nulk for 112 just from Enlarge, Bull's Strength, Hurricane Bow scroll, and Bless Weapon + Keen Bow + Perfect Strike for crit fishing.

But the regular 40-50 per hit is good enough with Cleaving Shot and Flurry. He's a good home for Instrument of Freedom and you get a Holy Bow in ch3.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Multiclass him into Zen Archer. It's good.

Judge is badly swift-clogged. Booter is great. I've done Nomad but I know you don't like Horses. But yeah ZA with Longbow for the extra range definitely gets there with proper support (Bless Weapon + Perfect Strike + Keen until you hit lvl 11).

Told you SS would suck early. And it may not get a whole lot better.

I'm REALLY not a fan of archers. As a Shaman or some such he'd have the added buffing/debuffing utility at least.
Booter sounds nice, but I usually multiclass Woljif into ES/Vivi/Booter. Delays the progression a little, but makes for a very useful character with Infusion, Greater Enduring and basic Abundant spells ASAP. And can stil let it rip with his daggers.

As for the early Sanctified Slayer, I know you told me. But believe me, I was aware regardless. I do believe he'll get a lot better. Just 2 more levels to mount and Spirited Charge, 5 levels for Dex to damage.
Only question is: before he gets better, how painful places like the Hellknight Gargoyle cave and Leper's Smile will be. Or well, the Market square and other Act 1 locations.

Desiderius

Patron
Damage is the best control, and with Cleaving Shot you've got AoE as well. Especially when I've got Reg sending everybody running for the exits Lann (and Aru) just gun everybody down.

Shaman has fast spell progression so you can do more there than buff/debuff. I did a lot with the mounted classes trying to take advantage of his Combat Reflexes but ended up just liking being able to do Full Attax with Flurry on round one thanks to the 50 ft range on the Longbow. Of course with RTwP that means interrupting casters too, which you can't do in TB.

Lann6interrupting Nabasu.jpg

Daidre

Arcane
Deliverer is 2d6. It's worse than base Slayer. I... don't get the appeal.
On practice it is 2d6 + 3-5 Studied Target dmg.
But there is another reason for his high performance - Deliverer's 2d6 procs "fake attack" from each attack, including other "fake" attacks from some effects, like those +1d6 range dmg gloves from Azata's Court.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Damage is the best control, and with Cleaving Shot you've got AoE as well. Especially when I've got Reg sending everybody running for the exits Lann (and Aru) just gun everybody down.

Shaman has fast spell progression so you can do more there than buff/debuff.

Actually as a Zen Archer he can get Wis to AB, he can focus Wis and maybe even become a half-decent DC caster along half-decent archer (with poor AB but good damage due to 4-element Barrage). Wis focus should also help land some Hexes, I hope.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah I did ranged (two-weapon) Slayer for Hard P:K run. It's pretty great. I guess if you're getting extra procs Deliverer could be good in this setting, but I like all those sweet Slayer talents.

Slayer MC Slaying.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

Shaman has fast spell progression so you can do more there than buff/debuff.

Actually as a Zen Archer he can get Wis to AB, he can focus Wis and maybe even become a half-decent DC caster along half-decent archer (with poor AB but good damage due to 4-element Barrage). Wis focus should also help land some Hexes, I hope.

Ki Shout DC goes up with level and eventually gets there, and Swift Cold Ice Strike is also a thing. You can even toss a Scorching Ray or three on turns where you need to move. And of course ZA damage dice keep growing with level so you can Haplo it up with Hurricane Scrolls and Legendary.

But I was archering pretty well as a Drovier so you can go that way too if you want with Shaman, and beat a save here and there (mostly with AoE Nukes) since he starts with 17 WIS. Mallender's belt is a no save -2 AC if you want a Hex for any class.

Daidre

Arcane
But I was archering pretty well as a Drovier so you can go that way too if you want with Shaman, and beat a save here and there (mostly with AoE Nukes) since he starts with 17 WIS. Mallender's belt is a no save -2 AC if you want a Hex for any class.
In Wrath I grew disappointed with fiddly medium BAB physical damagers (Magus, Inquisitor). All of them need extremely heavy support like Skald's Reckless Stance, Paladins Mark of Justice, Hex or Domain spam to adequately perform on endgame bosses, who come pre-buffed with Greater Heroism - that you need to dispel to bring Shatter online.

And archers need it even more since they can't profit from Outflank.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Dispelling should be possible with an Aeon.
Magus has Dimension Strike, at least.

Sanctified Slayer gets Studied Target, which should partially compensate for lost BAB. And when Charging its +4 AB with Cavalier's Charge (plus Flanking+Outflank and hopefully Freebooter's Bond for another +6). Also Half of the Pair is another +2 AB.
Robe of Order is +2 AB vs Chaotic if I want to use it. I guess the relic polymorph armor maybe still provides +4 AB/damage with Animal Aspect - I guess it must be a bug, though.

Hmm... Frost Spirit has Icy Prison and Mass on its list? That's interesting.
Too bad you can normally only use 1 of those Spirit spells slot per spell level per day...

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Magister
i made lann a sanctified slayer after 3 lvls of zen archer, with all the other goodies he gets he also gets access to cleric domains which is super duper strong in this game due to double spell mythic abilities (and impossisble domain). he makes for a great healer if you dont bring the cleric of shelyn along.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom