Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Humbaba

Arcane
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Desiderius, but if you even remotely try to defend the clown companions in this game you should delete your browser.

Seems like both you and autist are too retarded to actually form a coherent argument and instead resort to Twitter-tier stingers. I'm surprised you two don't agree more often.

Brickfrog

Learned
I like the setting a lot idk. A big extra-planar romp through hell with a pretty impressive amount of interesting branching opportunities. If you're primed to be on the lookout for sjw stuff then there's probably enough in there to trigger your autism though.

Usually I don't care about the writing at all in crpgs but wotr keeps me engaged. The cool gory stuff outweighs the sjw stuff like 10 to 1.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I’m convinced that all fixes go through the big guy and he’s got a stack on his desk three feet high. Only thing that can explain the community relations people constantly and unenthusiastically telling you to use the bug reporting tool but never actually acting on the reports.

In P:K it wasn’t never, just a year or two which tells me there’s a bottleneck somewhere.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I like the setting a lot idk. A big extra-planar romp through hell with a pretty impressive amount of interesting branching opportunities. If you're primed to be on the lookout for sjw stuff then there's probably enough in there to trigger your autism though.

Usually I don't care about the writing at all in crpgs but wotr keeps me engaged. The cool gory stuff outweighs the sjw stuff like 10 to 1.

Pointless gore isn’t cool and when the point of the gore is to offend the people the funders get off on offending (to distract from their own depredations, principally themselves) then it’s worse.

Being tuned into those dynamics is the opposite of autism. Autists could give a fuck, which is why they’re always getting pwned by it. Cheering for Elon but he’s headed for the fate of Damore and Linus.

EDIT: looking like I may be wrong about Elon. Here's hoping.

But *two* straight chick cannibals is so obvious even an autist couldn’t miss it. I’m sure they’re having a good laugh in the boardrooms “they want their chain mail bikinis? Let them slaughter a room full of innocents to keep it!” but games made for gamers are just better than games made to suck up to the agendas of asshole financiers.

At the end of the day those parts of the game are just uninteresting and don’t have much play to them. The dog in Lostlarn Keep - what he doing here? I wonder… Holy Shit it worked! Nothing like that in the woke parts of Wrath. Cam’s locked in, you can’t restore Hulrunn’s drained levels to get him to be less of a mindless dick, the rule is that all patriarchs must be irrational assholes that are just there to hate. Tells me the devs hearts aren’t in it and they’re just following orders from the suits.

Compare to the subtlety and depth of the spoiled rich kid story arc (the hidden hero of the story). And his critiques of Galfrey and the prior crusades may be the highlight of the writing (especially in light of zombie NATOs escapades in the Donbaswound). When you’re writing your game to appeal to spoiled rich kids (the funders) that will happen. And it’s great. The rest of the game, and writing, could have been too, but we weren’t the target audience.

Which isn’t how it should be and it doesn’t have to be.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
The best response is to ignore it and just enjoy the good parts of the game to deny them the little game they like to play where they pretend you’re a bigot or butthurt or whatever instead of pointing out how they’ve trashed what could have been a great game.

But that doesn’t mean it isn’t there and in your face and pretending it isn’t or worse trolling people for noticing and finding it distasteful does nobody any good.

Brickfrog

Learned
Pointless gore isn’t cool and when the point of the gore is to offend the people the funders get off on offending
I doubt anyone is thinking about you or people like you in the writers room. I think theyr probably more concerned with trying to tell a good story.

As for the gore, I thought the part where xanthir made that dude's head explode was badass. I'm a simple man.

Humbaba

Arcane
Gore is great and improves most everything. That's why Brawl in Cell Block 99 is low key one of the best movies of the last decade. Vince Vaughn is also very good in that.

As for video games, visual feedback (i.e. gore) is vital if combat is to be enjoyable. Wrathfinder would only be half as fun if enemies didn't regularly explode or ragdoll across the screen. BG combat, graphically simplistic as it is, is also much improved by the inclusion of gibs upon crit kills. Same extends to series' like Wizardry for example. Combat would be really unfulfilling if not every enemy killed exploded with a satisfying bang.

Yosharian

Arcane
The complaint seems to be that Camellia's writing is a troll move by Owlcat, which may have some truth to it, but also Arueshalae exists? Isn't she, like, a succubus who wants to be shown the way of good by the honorable player character? This seems almost like fan service to me. I'm happy to hear why that's wrong but that's how it seems.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Arueshalae is in the AP though, I don't know how she is portraied there, if she is *tee hee* like in the game.
Camelia should be an Owlcat addition.

Desiderius

Patron
Friendly reminder that only autistic buildfags and Slavs defend this game.

Who's defending it? Defending it from what?

Came slinking back, huh? Owlcat forums and Reddit couldn't handle your 'tism?

Reddit is whatever. They’ve got their memes and don’t want to be bothered with mere data. Though there’s a couple good people there. EDIT: sry that was Discord, never been to Reddit

OC forum was fine but someone at OC got mad and banned me from OC and Steam on the same day. Said I was a know-it-all and fair enough I try not to waste people’s time posting about things I don’t know (haven’t tested). No warning or PM so I left.

Came back here to talk about KotC2 and it’s amazing AI and Haplo roped me in here. I’ll leave you guys in peace soon since I’m not playing Wrath until they get to a release version (probably after third DLC).

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gore is great and improves most everything. That's why Brawl in Cell Block 99 is low key one of the best movies of the last decade. Vince Vaughn is also very good in that.

As for video games, visual feedback (i.e. gore) is vital if combat is to be enjoyable. Wrathfinder would only be half as fun if enemies didn't regularly explode or ragdoll across the screen. BG combat, graphically simplistic as it is, is also much improved by the inclusion of gibs upon crit kills. Same extends to series' like Wizardry for example. Combat would be really unfulfilling if not every enemy killed exploded with a satisfying bang.

Gore made the combat in classic Fallouts 10x better. Too bad no other game ever had as cool critical effects.

Desiderius

Patron
The complaint seems to be that Camellia's writing is a troll move by Owlcat, which may have some truth to it, but also Arueshalae exists? Isn't she, like, a succubus who wants to be shown the way of good by the honorable player character? This seems almost like fan service to me. I'm happy to hear why that's wrong but that's how it seems.

It is fan service, which isn’t a good thing if I understand what fan service is correctly. Fan is short for fanatic and fanatics are bad writers.

The problem with how her story arc plays out is that’s not how conversion/redemption happens. You don’t become a blank slate for someone else to mold from scratch. Constantine wasn’t demoted to squire when he took up the cross.

She’d still be just as savvy and seductive and retain her (strong) personality. She would slip up here and there but just be more tuned in to the impact of her actions, both good and bad, and how it fits into the bigger picture.

And she’d maintain more connection with the people from her former life and have more affect on them instead of just being at their mercy, and yours.

Desiderius

Patron

Gore made the combat in classic Fallouts 10x better. Too bad no other game ever had as cool critical effects.

Fighting Demons is gory. Chix in chainmail bikinis having a meal shouldn’t be.

Desiderius

Patron
Pointless gore isn’t cool and when the point of the gore is to offend the people the funders get off on offending
I doubt anyone is thinking about you or people like you in the writers room. I think theyr probably more concerned with trying to tell a good story.

As for the gore, I thought the part where xanthir made that dude's head explode was badass. I'm a simple man.

Lol, no, that’s the point. The game would be better if they DID care more about the people playing the games.

They’re getting orders from upstairs to include the woke stuff to appeal to (post-)western funders and some of them buy into the same shit already.

And the funders very much care about regular people/gamers and offending them. I went to school with them I know firsthand. The profs used to tell them they’d have to drop the IDPOL when they got out in the real world where customers wouldn’t buy it.

They’d say fuck the customers and now they’re doing it.

Desiderius

Patron
And all the retarded dominance games are so tiresome. “Don’t think they’re thinking about poor little you hurr, durr”. You’re just telling the world you fall for that shit. You don’t have to be that way.

Haplo and I talk fine with mutual respect.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3218394291626220339

Update 1.3.1b

Crusaders!

We are here to bring you an update 1.3.1b!

Please verify the integrity of game files if you still have crashes after downloading the patch.

Beware of possible plot spoilers!

Quests
  • Fixed the trigger for Hilor's quest in 5th chapter;
  • In one of the book event in the second DLC, the team got attacked by the monster despite having a lookout – fixed;
  • In some cases, players on the Demon mythic path could get 2 mythic levels at once instead of one – fixed.
Areas
  • A cultist could kill Rekarth in the basement – fixed;
  • Fixed minor error in mercenaries' cutscenes;
  • Fixed the disappearance of Camellia in Drezen. We are helpful, are we not?
  • Fixed the navigation in the theater's basement – you can no longer get stuck under the door;
  • Minor fixes for the graveyard area in Through the Ashes DLC.
Visual
  • Fixed the black holes in the terrain at the Graveyard.
UI
  • Fixed the white loading screens;
  • Mouse cursor returned to its normal size.
Misс
  • Fixed the crashes on loading on some PC configurations.

Humbaba

Arcane

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, anyone played a Demon...? How is it content wise? As quests, reactivity, etc.
Lot of unique content, but it distribution is uneven:
- no standouts comparing to other paths in ch 3
- ch 4 is very cool, imho, demon got more reactivity here than trickster in the whole game
- ch 5 is weird, some cool unique scenes but content kinda clashes with generic parts of the chapter.
RP wise it got two distinctive lines with different endings and ties very well into main story.

All in all, one of the most content-rich paths. Did not have many bugs at 1.2, but there is one nasty nasty bug in chapter 5 that breaks your mythic line if you chose to delay it's resolution. And that damn bug was haunting the game since release.

What's the bug ?^^

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love the fact that some people hate-follow this thread.

Also... I like the fact that there are now more people that have beaten the game multiple times, to read more reasonable opinions.

In any case, my opinion is that they should've clearly consulted MCA. There are clear lacunas in the writing that could've easily been fixed.

Saravan

Savant
I love the fact that some people hate-follow this thread.

You don't need to be such a pussy Sorin, just write my name.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous: A game so horribly woke and unappealing to so many cRPG afficionados it *checks notes* sold 250k times in the first week and reviewed very well. If only they catered to people who actually played games instead of fags.

Terrible argument, by this metric DOS:2 kills WotR.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
D6Yxili.png

I love to see that my favorite spell is fixed. Now I can freeze stuff. Doing another Azata cryomancer run, this time in normal so I have a relaxed playtrough.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The "nerf" to remove fear made the fight with Hosilla at the end of the shield maze a pain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom