Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
go woke make enough money to move your entire workforce to cyprus

Woke = rationalization for being anti-West = pro-East and that is in fact where the money is. The Invisible Han/Hind

Gamergate was VC-driven. "Go woke, go broke" is cope.

See also:

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
By exaggerating the whole homo angle, yes you are. Dumbass.
Because the homo angle brings the entire experience down, indirectly. Wokeness is the reason Avellone wasn't involved, which is why the writing lacks discipline and seems like it was done by a harebrained highschooler, which is why the tone of the entire game is off. Kingmaker didn't have good writing, let's be honest, but at least each companion is interesting to make you want to replay the game. Companions in WotR are so obnoxious it reduces the replay value of the entire package. It will also make the game age like milk, when looked back on in a few decades. You can bet your ass that Baldur's Gate 2 will be highly regarded even then.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does Spirited Charge double Sneaks anyway?

A resounding YES. It also doubles all Elemental damage bonuses, Banes, Holy, Axiomatic, etc.

It ALSO doubles Mythic Charge AFAIR. Which is calculated per hit and further multiplied in case of crits (by held weapon's crit multiplier).
And it doubles the Charge damage bonus from those Athletics rank boots.

Both Mythic Charge and Boots triggers carry various other damage sources (multiplied by Spirited too).

Humbaba

Arcane
Because the homo angle brings the entire experience down, indirectly. Wokeness is the reason Avellone wasn't involved, which is why the writing lacks discipline and seems like it was done by a harebrained highschooler, which is why the tone of the entire game is off. Kingmaker didn't have good writing, let's be honest, but at least each companion is interesting to make you want to replay the game. Companions in WotR are so obnoxious it reduces the replay value of the entire package. It will also make the game age like milk, when looked back on in a few decades. You can bet your ass that Baldur's Gate 2 will be highly regarded even then.

Imagine thinking Kingmaker's companions are better.

You wouldn't even know Sosiel was gay if you either didn't read about it beforehand or actively chose to break his buck, which is what I assume you did, closet queen.

Desiderius

Patron
Does Spirited Charge double Sneaks anyway?

A resounding YES. It also doubles all Elemental damage bonuses, Banes, Holy, Axiomatic, etc.

It ALSO doubles Mythic Charge AFAIR. Which is calculated per hit and further multiplied in case of crits (by held weapon's crit multiplier).
And it doubles the Charge damage bonus from those Athletics rank boots.

Both Mythic Charge and Boots triggers carry various other damage sources (multiplied by Spirited too).

Nice. IDK man that pet STR bonus thingie from Mounted Mastery seems busted doubled too. My pets end up over 50 STR. Be pretty tempted to just go Trickster Cav. Geniekind Hunter FTW.

OTOH that's so much damage you can kind of pick and choose to fulfill other priorities. Sounds like a blast either way. Swift Hop would be enough to make me play TB.

Just the thing for my Assassin run.

:updatedmytxt:

Sarathiour

Cipher
pathfinder kingmaker, notorious for not being accused of being woke

Just because it was does not prevent Wrath from being way worst regarding general storytelling. To be fair, the episodic nature of Kingmaker might have help them keeping the whole thing coherent.

Saravan

Savant

You wouldn't even know Sosiel was gay

A guy with a rainbow-colored bird emblem is sitting and painting the first time you meet him. Prior to this you meet what looks to be a trans elf and an autistic furry. It's not far-fetched to assume the rest of the clown crew.

sosiel-companion-pathfinder-wotr-wiki-guide-250px.jpg

Saravan

Savant

Desiderius

Patron
pathfinder kingmaker, notorious for not being accused of being woke

Just because it was does not prevent Wrath from being way worst regarding general storytelling. To be fair, the episodic nature of Kingmaker might have help them keeping the whole thing coherent.

Wrath is far worse than P:K. Ekun is based family man. Sosiel is what AWFL marketing directors want blacks to be (which is why they’re in all the ads - because AWFLs have the buying power). Seelah and AreeSue are obvious fanfic, while Val had some real and interesting downsides.

Aru and Ember (Ember also has the Xoti problem) both have pedo undertones (and Kiny more than an undertone!) while Linzi was just an annoyingly bubbly teenager.

Cam is a giant FU Heteros! and Wend is a far less plausible and uninteresting take on evil than either Tsanna or Jaethal.

Gheybor is woefully undeveloped and doesn’t fit well with the party lineup. Nenio should have been a dude. Autists are people too, but c’mon we’re pretty male.

Reg is great and Lann’s storyline is what Eder’s should have been in Deadfire but beyond that it’s pretty slim pickings.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I don't really see pedo stuff in aru and ember. I'm still in act 3, so my judgment can still evolve, but found ember decent in her concept so far. She's a mentally broken child who's not able to feel anger, which hamper her capacity to understand the world, trough that's also her source of strength.

Daeran is the stereotype lazy gifted degenerate, which have to be given a kick to get his shit together. Won't really expect him to really turn given the writing so far.

Desiderius

Patron
Daeran’s good. Aru is the innocent ingenue who you groom from scratch. She might as well be a blow-up doll.

You’re probably right about Ember. Hobbits are stand-ins for kids and Narnia so whatever. It’s just that everyone else in her story is such a cliche from the time you meet her and she ends up with the Xoti problem bad.

Look at us we’re so pozzed we even have a sympathetic evangelist (and we all know evangelists are super-annoying dupes so we’re bending over backwards here) character except they’re really not. And you know no Good News either (what evangelist means). Doesn’t help that her custom class is all over the place.

It’s all stereotypes, which is all 13-year-olds know to be fair. Yeah, painting isn’t gay, but that stereotype is coming from the writers, not the readers.

Humbaba

Arcane
Seelah and AreeSue are obvious fanfic
Seelah is Paizo's. You can level a lot of things at Arushalae, but being a Sue is not one of them.

Aru and Ember (Ember also has the Xoti problem) both have pedo undertones
How the fuck did you get that lmao

Cam is a giant FU Heteros!
You're in the idpol rubber cell I see.

and Wend is a far less plausible and uninteresting take on evil than either Tsanna or Jaethal.
Jaethal is literally just "I'm evil because I love power", nevermind the fact that she is completely unlikable.
inb4 "she's evul she's meant to be unlikable!" Sorry John, if you had ever watched the Sopranos then you would know that good writers can make you root for huge sacks of shit.

Gheybor is woefully undeveloped and doesn’t fit well with the party lineup.
Sounds like a problem with your party, Greybor kills great. Also no idea where "Gheybor" comes from, he is a canonically straight deadbeat.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Seelah is Paizo's
Does not change anything

You can level a lot of things at Arushalae, but being a Sue is not one of them.
She literally has plot armor for the whole chapter 3.

Jaethal is literally just "I'm evil because I love power", nevermind the fact that she is completely unlikable.
Jaethal is more interesting than any of wrath vilain so far. She's a perfectionist with a huge ego, who end up in a situation that for the first time she does not full understand or is in control of. She's forced to resort to asking for aid that is more or less benevolent, and later on have to choose between which of her achievement truly matter, and has the possibility to redeem herself through that choice.

teleports-behind-you-nothing-personal-kid-2684068.png

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can level a lot of things at Arushalae, but being a Sue is not one of them.
Right from the fucking recruiting:
I see a spark of the light of Elysium in you. You are beautiful. Please, don't run away. Come with me — or I will have to search for you till the day I die just to see that beauty again.

This shit brought back memories from all those shitty fanfics I ever read. Only companion who never survived in my party until the final.

Desiderius

Patron
Seelah and AreeSue are obvious fanfic
Seelah is Paizo's. You can level a lot of things at Arushalae, but being a Sue is not one of them.

Aru and Ember (Ember also has the Xoti problem) both have pedo undertones
How the fuck did you get that lmao

Cam is a giant FU Heteros!
You're in the idpol rubber cell I see.

and Wend is a far less plausible and uninteresting take on evil than either Tsanna or Jaethal.
inb4 "she's evul she's meant to be unlikable!" Sorry John, if you had ever watched the Sopranos then you would know that good writers can make you root for huge sacks of shit.

Gheybor is woefully undeveloped and doesn’t fit well with the party lineup.
Sounds like a problem with your party, Greybor kills great. Also no idea where "Gheybor" comes from, he is a canonically straight deadbeat.

Lol, what a dumbass, doesn’t even know Areelu from Arushalae. Have you even played the game or are you from Owlcat’s inept marketing department?

Hot chix are irredeemably evil is a cope that goes well beyond IDPOL. I could give a flying fuck about IDPOL, you passive-aggressive pansy-ass. It’s the people who fund games (and everything else) who are into that shit so they can LARP as being all enlightened compared to all the putative bigots they screw over for a living.

Of course Gheybor kills shit, so does every other companion if you don’t suck, it’s just by the time he shows up you’re already flooded with two-weapon and he doesn’t bring any spells or skills you need to the table and his storyline is way underdeveloped. He’s ghey like sux not gay like sticking your dick in any warm hole.

Of course Jae is unlikable. What are you, six? Do you like me? (check yes/no) But when her evil comes up against her own daughter there you’ve got an interesting conundrum. Wend is just looking for her next dom or whatever.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the DLC, took me nearly 11 hours, how did you do it in 5 hours Daidre
Cinematics with that sort_of_first_person point of view suck.
I didn't know the survivor mechanic so I immediatly killed Frada in the theater at the start, meh.
I found 1 (one), medkit in all of it. Did I miss some?
Did you guys try to kill the demon outside defender's heart? Any reward for it?
I regret my choices when I made my char (inquisitor judge) and also the 3 merc companions (2h figher, ecclesitheurge and a paladin).

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Finished the DLC, took me nearly 11 hours, how did you do it in 5 hours Daidre
I was playing on Core in RTwP and don't regret the choices I've made with hirelings and MC - Hunter, Mad Dog barbarian, standard Witch and Ecclesitheurge cleric filled with Extra Channeling. I also had xp sharing off for the theater so I hit lvl 3 right before getting 3 extra people. And with 30+ AC leopards under Mage Armor and Protective Luck I was able to brute force many things without using skill check bypasses. And Sleeping Hex from Witch with 20 Int is brutal.
My achievements bugged out too, so I was progressing naturally instead of trying to check all possible variants, as I usually do(

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
how are charges with animals inside dungeons?

Honestly depends on dungeons. Often tricky. Avoid huge animals if you want to charge.
But often doable, particularly with swift teleport setup.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom