Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

boot

Prophet
fucking lesbians

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Up to which chapter have you played? Because your character doesn't stop rising in importance since chapter 2, the people around you do act accordingly to who you are and approach you with different requests.
Yes, because Owlcat Games are not afraid of including the strategic layer. Thus, adding the place of power for the main hero and making him the centre of events. Pillars of Eternity 1 came somehow close to that with Caed Nua, but the Watcher there is still kind of a vagabond.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Dedicated to all local puritans.

Puritans would heartily approve of this.

You don't people a continent without banging your wife on the regular and enjoying it, with your burgeoning brood suckling on those healthy tatas.

They also recognized that Pride is the deadliest sin.

It's the phaggot Pride parades that have gotten us off-track, not good wholesome American art like that tweet.

Delterius

Arcane
Up to which chapter have you played? Because your character doesn't stop rising in importance since chapter 2, the people around you do act accordingly to who you are and approach you with different requests.
Yes, because Owlcat Games are not afraid of including the strategic layer. Thus, adding the place of power for the main hero and making him the centre of events. Pillars of Eternity 1 came somehow close to that with Caed Nua, but the Watcher there is still kind of a vagabond.
It kinda makes sense to me that you're a vagabond. You're minor gentry basically, in a country filled with people in that social class. The story also doesn't give you time to settle into that role, which presumably happened between PoE1 and 2.

I do think both Kingmaker and Wrath succeed in making you feel like the leader of a faction, so to speak. Both Kingdom Management and Crusade Management make it clear there's a governmental and military aspect to your story. The storybeats in Wrath are also better in reminding you that you're in charge of an army - just look at chapter 2. After a while your character is the one being approached in their throne room or office to deal with things. I mean yeah, the Stolen Lands isn't an estabilished kingdom so you do go around solving problems. You also double as 'crusade champion' since you are the leader and main guy but not the Manager or the General of the Crusade. All in all, rough spots included, both games did a better job at their respective plotlines than, say, Dragon Age 3.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Respec is currently quite buggy I think.
If respec using Hilor, weapon training is fugged if you do it while equipping dueling gloves or fencer's gift.
Also, I tried to respec a char with scaled fist levels to normal monk and it still showed CHA to AC instead of Wisdom, I assume it happened when they reworked the mechanic with the introduction of Shifters.
Respec mod on "modfinder" does all the above also doesn't let you keep the portrait, shows a fully white rectangle instead of it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Respec is currently quite buggy I think.
If respec using Hilor, weapon training is fugged if you do it while equipping dueling gloves or fencer's gift.
Also, I tried to respec a char with scaled fist levels to normal monk and it still showed CHA to AC instead of Wisdom, I assume it happened when they reworked the mechanic with the introduction of Shifters.
Respec mod on "modfinder" does all the above also doesn't let you keep the portrait, shows a fully white rectangle instead of it.
I haven’t seen this with Respec Mod. Only thing I haven’t been able to do is change background/deity.

That Stauntion Vhane fight was bullshit. None of his protections can be dispelled, and he would crit for 3 figure damage on every 2nd or third hit. There was one attempt where he swung 9 times and critically hit 6. I counted. The instantaneous heals didn't help either. Neither time I beat him did I have more than 3 party members standing. There was zero way to beat this encounter other than pure DPS on Stauntion Vhane while hoping your characters save against the demoness spells. I originally tried going straight for Minagho, but getting her to zero HP didn't do anything. She was invulnerable. Fuck that encounter with a broken broom stick.

Crichton

Prophet
z5snvXX.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, going for a wolf focused shifter felt a bit one-note. Plus it sucked when confronted with enemies immune to Prone.
But focusing on Great Cleave also offers neat synergy with Thug Cornugon Smash Freightening on hit... plus aoe Brutal Beating, Debilitating Injury... and perhaps even aoe Mythic Shattered Defenses too.

Kind of what Thug builds have been doing since Kingmaker. Only now typical enemies also get Tripped in the process, eat AoOs when getting up, then another AoO when they try to move away - which hopefully immediately re-trips and re-Frightens them...

Should be a cool loop.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
y this game so gae?
Chris Avellone said:
There’s a few reasons. Most important, everyone deserves to love and be loved in return. Also, if that’s how a player wants to role-play, then a good gamemaster is accommodating to player’s intentions. Lastly and (maybe this is a more pragmatic reason, and another reason I like Pathfinder) it’s a part of the Pathfinder franchise itself – it’s in the very first module of the [Wrath of the Righteous] Adventure Path, in fact.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom