Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Swift Action hex? Lmao that is so broken.
Well, only the first one in combat, similarly to Sorcerous Reflex Swift action spells.

Also not more broken then Swift Action Domain Powers - that can be spammed every round.

But yeah, its nice.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And of course, Seelah with Mythic Improved Critical Jinx, riding a battle pig is becoming a force to be reckoned with as well. Particularly considering that her battle pig is adept at tripping as well.

She can get something not a horse? Or are you multi classing her?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
And of course, Seelah with Mythic Improved Critical Jinx, riding a battle pig is becoming a force to be reckoned with as well. Particularly considering that her battle pig is adept at tripping as well.

Yeah, with Hunter / Beastrider / Sacred Huntsmaster dip she can get any pet.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

I see. I guess you just pick the dip before 5?

Does she need to take Horse at level 5 to benefit Paladin class progression to Animal Companion level or this free ups you to take Divine Weapon Bond?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I see. I guess you just pick the dip before 5?

Yes.

Does she need to take Horse at level 5 to benefit Paladin class progression to Animal Companion level or this free ups you to take Divine Weapon Bond?
No, she still needs to pick Animal Companion - Continue.
Otherwise you'll have an underlevelled mount.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Which classes of them keep full BAB progression? I know about Beastrider, but what about the rest?

No, they don't. Mad Dog is another option - not on Seelah, though.

But they offer some other benefits, like Teamwork feat sharing with pet, as well as bonus feat, some low level spells, including rare Lead Blades and Acid Maw (Hunter) or Teamwork feat sharing and Wis based Initiative bonus, plus maybe True Strike (Sacred Huntsmaster).

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Well, only the first one in combat, similarly to Sorcerous Reflex Swift action spells.

Also not more broken then Swift Action Domain Powers - that can be spammed every round.
Judging by this, even with the mod, Sosiel might be more helpful than Camellia.

However, changing Camellia to him is sacrilege.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Judging by this, even with the mod, Sosiel might be more helpful than Camellia.

However, changing Camellia to him is sacrilege.
Definately yes. However in my case she offers more ranged fire support.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Swift Action hex? Lmao that is so broken.

But yeah, its nice.
Hexes are infinite use.

For practical purposes, so are many Domain powers.
Unless you mean Community. Or Destruction I guess - but this one is even better for action economy, as one power has a duration, while the other is a simple free action toggle.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Only for people who’ve figured out that the rest mechanics are reversed in Wrath from P:K, and even there you’re going to need an auto-buffing mod (or to nerf your casters with Enduring) if you don’t want to die of boredom.

Sosiel’s domain abilities only last one round each (the later ones are very limited activation) so you can run through those pretty fast as well.

The importance of being able to spike effectively is underrated, though not by you - you’ve mastered it - so if that’s what you’re getting at it’s a valid point.

TTT/Dark Codex has a Mythic that gives unlimited Domain abilities that I took on Reg but ended up not needing it much.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
icy burst damage should scale with feats increasing the crit multipliers? If the answer is yes, then it's sadly bugged.
If not, and only uses the weapon type crit multiplier, then I think all the weapons in the game with it have only x2 so what's the point.

Yosharian

Arcane
icy burst damage should scale with feats increasing the crit multipliers? If the answer is yes, then it's sadly bugged.
If not, and only uses the weapon type crit multiplier, then I think all the weapons in the game with it have only x2 so what's the point.
That has never worked and it never will

And don't bring it up on Reddit because people will argue it's working as intended

They said they it's meant to use the weapon's base multiplier only IIRC, 5head moment

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

And don't bring it up on Reddit because people will argue it's working as intended

They said they it's meant to use the weapon's base multiplier only IIRC, 5head moment

Well if it's working as intended, as per the pathfinder rules, they should give the ability to more > x2 weapons then.
As it is now, it's pretty underwhelming.
1d10 on a crit is worse than for example the more basic "frost" or any other elemental damage, 1d6 on all hits.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Well if it's working as intended, as per the pathfinder rules, they should give the ability to more > x2 weapons then.
As it is now, it's pretty underwhelming.
1d10 on a crit is worse than for example the more basic "frost" or any other elemental damage, 1d6 on all hits.

But one does not exclude the other? Frost Burst means 1d6 on every hit AND 1d10/2d10/3d10 on a crit.
Its essentially a light upgrade to non-Burst property.

Yosharian

Arcane
Too bad that on the only weapons on which this is even remotely useful in the setting, i.e. Elder weapons, the Elder function doesn't work with the burst damage.

Have fun doing 1D6 or even 1D10 damage and seeing it all or mostly resisted by every single monster in the game

Pre-nerf EB aside, elemental weapons are completely fucking useless in Wrath

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Too bad that on the only weapons on which this is even remotely useful in the setting, i.e. Elder weapons, the Elder function doesn't work with the burst damage.

Have fun doing 1D6 or even 1D10 damage and seeing it all or mostly resisted by every single monster in the game

They are not - for Angels and Gold Dragons at least.

Yosharian

Arcane

Whut

Explain?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Whut

Explain?
Angels and Gold Dragons can make all their damage Holy and bypass all DRs.

Well, others can possibly make it Force to bypass DRs with Bane of Spirit ring, but that'd require constant manual activation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom