Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

volklore

Arcane
Sirocco is probably the most broken spell in the game for how easy it is to get and how much effect it has on the vast majority of enemies, many bosses even.

Playing without that spell is like turning up the difficulty +1 level
Sirocco is not bad but it's so kingmaker, there's massive encounter winning CC spells that come earlier than that, affect a bigger area, don't need to be made selective and have better itemization support.
Only spell more kingmaker than this is stinking cloud but I give it a pass because it's really good on that annoying drow encounter in act 2 (and quite good for gargoyles too, even though the clerics are immune)

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
Sirocco is probably the most broken spell in the game for how easy it is to get and how much effect it has on the vast majority of enemies, many bosses even.

Sirocco is not bad but it's so kingmaker, there's massive encounter winning CC spells that come earlier than that, affect a bigger area, don't need to be made selective and have better itemization support.
Only spell more kingmaker than this is stinking cloud but I give it a pass because it's really good on that annoying drow encounter in act 2 (and quite good for gargoyles too, even though the clerics are immune)

Sirocco makes the enemies exhausted with no saves, and exhaust is a very powerful debuff. It could be more encounter winning than any CC, especially in Unfair where enemies from chapter 4 onwards have saves to the moon.

volklore

Arcane

Sirocco makes the enemies exhausted with no saves, and exhaust is a very powerful debuff. It could be more encounter winning than any CC, especially in Unfair where enemies from chapter 4 onwards have saves to the moon.
I don't find saves to be that big of a deal even on unfair due to the amount of itemization certain schools get and how much of a power spike casters get in act 4 with the two quicken rods (and I think a few other items for party members than help debuff saves) and how many tools wotr gives to debuff saves. And if your caster is MC, this gets even crazier because azata and demon give insane bonuses to casters.
I will agree that any debuff without save is nice to have though. I just don't find sirroco particulary convenient to use compared to others.

Yosharian

Arcane
The point with Sirocco is that it ruins many tough bosses and is an easy debuff spell for casters that aren't even specced into Evocation

It completely trivialises many tough encounters, for example Playful Darkness can no longer charge your back line easily

Of course a DC-specced caster can beat saves reliably especially with a DC-boosting mythic path. That's not the point.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
How does playful darkness get to your backline? I know the AI sometimes leaves their primary target but that's usually after many rounds...

Yosharian

Arcane
How does playful darkness get to your backline? I know the AI sometimes leaves their primary target but that's usually after many rounds...
When I fought him he instantly charged many of the weaker characters in my party. Only by swamping him with skeleton summons was I able to interfere with this behaviour a bit and it was still hit and miss as to whether he would randomly charge my wizard or whatever.

He continues doing this in subsequent rounds if he isn't exhausted, and he does a TON of extra damage on charge attacks so it's very very bad.

Might be different on lower difficulties.

volklore

Arcane
Whenever I fought PD on hard/unfair, I always managed to have him stick on my ''tank'' for a while, might be because I won initiative. Though he was switching eventually if I didn't kill him fast enough and start rampaging through squishies.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3789445

Physical Rewards: April Update​

Hello, Pathfinders!

As promised, we continue to share with you news regarding the current status of the physical rewards shipping.

Right now, our lawyers are still dealing with the paperwork and sorting out the logistics – we need to prepare a lot of documents in order to avoid any problems with customs. We are trying to speed up the process as much as possible, and will let you know as soon as our efforts bear fruit.

Please remember, if you change your address – be sure to email us before April, 28th at team@owlcat.games, so we could update it in our shipping lists. Also, you can always contact us via this email if there is any issue with your received rewards, or if you have any suggestions or questions regarding them.

That concludes our update for today. We'll continue to keep you informed – and if you run into any problems or questions, you can always contact us by writing to team@owlcat.games

Love, Owlcats

Yosharian

Arcane
Whenever I fought PD on hard/unfair, I always managed to have him stick on my ''tank'' for a while, might be because I won initiative. Though he was switching eventually if I didn't kill him fast enough and start rampaging through squishies.
That was definitely not my experience.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
AI targeting seemed very wonky in the latest builds and tanking by putting the beefiest guy upfront no longer worked reliably for me. I think I described this situation when in one of my saves literally every opponent started targeting solely Ember and no one else ever, even if it meany eating multiple AOOs and what not. Probably more of a bug(s) than conscious change(s), like many things in this game.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
AI targeting seemed very wonky in the latest builds and tanking by putting the beefiest guy upfront no longer worked reliably for me. I think I described this situation when in one of my saves literally every opponent started targeting solely Ember and no one else ever, even if it meany eating multiple AOOs and what not. Probably more of a bug(s) than conscious change(s), like many things in this game.
Which is good.

This is not an MMO, learn to position and use all the possible tools, including Sirocco. Or, like Desiderius , alfa strike everybody to death; why not?

I think with the A.I. as well as with writing Owlcat Games provide very wide spectrum of opportunities. IMHO, this is outstanding and should be praised.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, game bugging out so that all enemies beeline for one char dying to AOOs is "good". Or that patch that made all cutscene spawns always go for mc no matter what, also 100% "good". The game has enough problems with lore friendly vs. pyjama meme dip tanking flame wars as is, taking the tanking out of the equation altogether is not really a good solution.

Yosharian

Arcane
Hmm. For the PD fight I was perfectly fine with him trying to charge my back line, it made the fight challenging and I had to rethink my strategy.

It's just unfortunate that the solution to most tricky encounters tends to be throwing a shit ton of summons at the problem

Not to mention that if you use creeping doom then the summons are also basically invulnerable

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm. For the PD fight I was perfectly fine with him trying to charge my back line, it made the fight challenging and I had to rethink my strategy.

It's just unfortunate that the solution to most tricky encounters tends to be throwing a shit ton of summons at the problem

Not to mention that if you use creeping doom then the summons are also basically invulnerable
You *can* manage what the enemies see as well by using Stealth and positioning. It's not just alpha striking which I ended up not using as much as I did in P:K in Unfair run since it isn't as good TB and I had Seelah to tank. If they see her and her alone first they will lock in for long enough to either win outright or set the terms of the fight.

You can even do this with PD as I demonstrated.

Seelah Tank 112 AC vs Playful.jpg

But he does have a shit ton of Perception and Stealth of his own which lets him see a long way.

That thing on the floor is Symbol of Revelation spell to take care of PD's Stealth. A character specializing in Stealth itself and a Longbow away can evade his detection until it shoots, but he'll come attack Sos or other casters if you try to position them in range to attack him or heal.

PD's Stealth on Core:

Ald15 high perception.jpg

Symbol or Dooring in to where you know he is via prior game knowledge is a more practical solution to fighting on your terms.

volklore

Arcane

Well if you want another surefire way to deal with almost any boss encounter in the game, Litanny of Eloquence on a palading or inquisitor (lann can do this well) with spell pen gear and feats basically means you can CC PD for many rounds (as many as your caster has casts of it) without a saving throw. Works great in TB because you can easily manipulate turn order. Probably doesn't work as well in RT but at least you Can keep controlling him while spending rounds to debuff/dispel without dealing damage and start attacking when he is stripped of everything. PD isn't immune to MA or charm and you only need pass a spell pen check which isn't too difficult since it's not scaled by difficulty.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
In the case of PD, with the fact now that with the midnight DLC and Ulbrig DLC, if you do everything you are level 15 during the fane (plus midnight items), even with a non merged path I don't even cast offensive spells or summons anymore, just buffs and this is enough. This is on hard.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Well if you want another surefire way to deal with almost any boss encounter in the game, Litanny of Eloquence on a palading or inquisitor (lann can do this well) with spell pen gear and feats basically means you can CC PD for many rounds (as many as your caster has casts of it) without a saving throw. Works great in TB because you can easily manipulate turn order. Probably doesn't work as well in RT but at least you Can keep controlling him while spending rounds to debuff/dispel without dealing damage and start attacking when he is stripped of everything. PD isn't immune to MA or charm and you only need pass a spell pen check which isn't too difficult since it's not scaled by difficulty.

And it is a swift action spell. Lan can get a class that use it and can full attack after it. Effects nearly every enemy, even most bosses and can be extended.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

And it is a swift action spell. Lan can get a class that use it and can full attack after it. Effects nearly every enemy, even most bosses and can be extended.
I heard that the description was incorrect and it actually had a save. You confirm you've used it with none? Also Fascinate (like Noct's) effects break on damage so yeah timing is gonna be tricky in RTwP. PDs SR isn't trivial to overcome if you take him while doing Fane for first time. I just come back when you come back later (Aeon had another quest there) with another Mythic level or two. That's when I do secret area as well.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I think with the last DLCs they made the game significatly easier, either by more XP (at release you couldn't get to level 18 in the abyss, so no level 9 spells for spontaneous, now you even reach level 19 before the mines...) and items, like the +7 deflection ring from the DLC1 in ACT2, or straight forward nerf., or maybe some abilities were bugged and now they work? I suspect they nerfed Blightmaw in Drezen for example. Do you see people complaining about PD or Blightmaw anymore? I don't.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I decided to play Unfair again and noticed that now every Dretch uses Stinking Cloud. When last time i played only some of them used it.

Skorpion

Educated
Ive noticed this also on my current playthrough. Enemies will go through my entire party to get to MC (maybe because hes a bard so the ai thinks his support singing is highly prioritized?) so I built Seelah around constant AoO up front with Ulbrig helping out and my MC being way the hell back. Thankfully I built my MC bard as ranged because I didnt want to have him up front swinging in melee for rp-ish reasons. Hes there to charm the pants off everyone and sing his party to wins with azata friendship magic.
Definitely noticed the enemies targeting differently this playthrough then last time but I thought it was just me as my last playthrough was a very high AC paladin-angel MC so I thought that was what was different but you may be onto something with a change in enemy targeting priorities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom