Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mounted combat barely works and is buggy as shit, should we fix that? Nah let's make even more complicated flying mount that also won't work.
Nah, mounted combat is sick. In the other hand , charge mechanic has so much jank that's borderline useless since Kingmaker.

It'd probably be okay if it didn't make you trip over every crack in the pavement to be useful. Did they ever sort out the pathfinding stuff?

My favourite memory of charging was a time when the charge was accepted and the character ran up and down a line and ate something like 8 AoOs and died midcharge. :lol: I think that might've been Kingmaker though, it was quite awhile ago.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
The Magic Deceiver is more a New Class than Subclass

From a mod from Discord said

new Magic Deceiver archetype gain 11 new spells, 5 of them also get other casters btw it's more new class than archetype with unique UI, FXs, Animations of cast and 6 Subarchetypes

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

new Magic Deceiver archetype gain 11 new spells, 5 of them also get other casters btw it's more new class than archetype with unique UI, FXs, Animations of cast and 6 Subarchetypes

Nope. Other subclasses that needs to change stuff more like this subclass.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Some of these archetypes were in CotW. Most are needlessly complicated and some of the ones that aren't give up a ton in their d20 versions.

Owlcat has been decent about balancing those tradeoffs better than Paizo so we'll see, but Ulbrig charge is pretty nuts. I love Ranger but playing Ranger MC means no Aru. Guess I can just respec her with the mod. She's kind of essential to the feel of the game. There's so much Ulbrig-unique content they added I almost feel the same way about him, and the way he can take one enemy out of the fight from anywhere on the battlefield produces appealing gameplay.

Ranged Weapon Kinnie will be cool. Will probably try that on Lann. Skald that shares Advance Rogue talents will be nice Wolj repec variant. The d20 version of that Bard wears Heavy Armor so may combine well with Armor Mythics. May try on Seelah since Pal is broken in this setting.

The Inquisitor loses Judgments in d20 version, which is pretty bad. This Bladebound seems better than CotW version, but Magus pretty much locks you into turn-based. Maybe I'll have Gheybor dual-Wield Urgroshes with Titan Fighter, but game is already overloaded with non-casters.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Speak of the Devil: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/4170974735561379408
Devil in the details
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, or so they say. And in Wrath of the Righteous, this phrase can have a quite literal meaning.

57c0b4645d6adc28e0a75d54594c378b0c1ce30f.jpg

Devil is the final, 10th Mythic path in Wrath of the Righteous, available only to the Commanders who began their Mythic journey as an Aeon or Azata. It was added to the game in secrecy, never having been mentioned in any articles or announcements before release, and purposefully avoided in our social media for a good while after. Even the patch notes referred to it as a “secret Mythic” for nearly two years!

Of course, it didn’t take long for players to discover this surprise. The option of becoming an agent of Hell itself on Golarion was instantly recognized as a very cool concept, and was met with a very warm welcome. The intimidating blazing winged figure of Mephistopheles added to the picture.

74a87986ce17fb5d61572060de6965ac95cd6dd3.png

However, as the time passed, we started receiving feedback from our players that, while very fun, the Devil felt somewhat… lacking in comparison with other Mythics.

Between being one of the last elements of the game to be added before release, and appearing really late into the game, Devil clearly didn’t receive as much love as some other paths.

That’s why when the game was receiving its Enhanced Edition, we felt it was a great opportunity to fix this nuisance. Our narrative team has proposed an exciting new quest for the Devil, where the events in Mendev would take a completely new twist as Queen Galfrey, devoted follower of Iomedae, would stray away from her goddess, corrupted by the Devil Commander.

The quest was deemed to be very thematic and fun, and the implementation started. Scripts were written, dialogues were prepared. At some point, bits and pieces of this quest have even ended up in the game files, where modmakers and dataminers discovered them, sharing their excitement.

But then, an unfortunate turn of events took place. The quest never made it into the Enhanced Edition, causing a lot of frustration and disappointment among the community which was already planning how they would corrupt the righteous queen. But what happened?

09f452e1ea08938bdc73f9e8ca428605adaee383.jpg

To understand the reasons behind this, we need to dive a bit deeper into our development process. When we plan a big update with new features, first we accumulate ideas. These come from many sources: some originate from within the team, some pop up naturally during the development process, others are adapted from your suggestions, comments, results of community polls and popular mods. Yes, we read what you guys write, and quite a lot!

Then we vote. After voting for the features for the Enhanced Edition, new content for the Devil Mythic path ended up roughly in the middle of the list, with the cutoff line being just slightly below. Normally, that would mean it would be implemented.

Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned. A combination of unexpected delays, errors in estimation and a few force majeure factors left us in a position where we weren’t able to finish it in time. With a heavy heart, we were forced to scrap the quest altogether.

We’ve come out with an honest explanation and expressed hope that one day in the future, we might be able to come back to it.

Most likely, you've already guessed where this is going.

a644c8e320610bcda0373799c74d776f23c3872e.png

It was sad to watch the endless stream of memes about the abandoned Devil all these years, knowing we didn’t deliver what we wanted. Many members of the team play our games as well, or even originate from the community itself, and they were as frustrated as the community was about this.

Eventually, an initiative has gained momentum inside the dev team, to come back and rewrite this frustrating chapter of our game’s history. It helped a lot that you, the players, didn’t forget the Devil and kept asking questions and sharing your pain in numerous comments and suggestions for all this time. Thanks to that, and a massive enthusiastic drive from certain members of the team, we were finally able to allocate the necessary resources and finish what was started!

With the DLC6 “A Dance of Masks” marking a major milestone for Wrath of the Righteous, we agreed that there would be no better time to release this new story content for the Devil than the patch that comes alongside the DLC.

Here’s a little glimpse of what is expecting you:

5f59d7a78aa2a23bc0a124e0b71fae16077ce365.jpg

57a6172cd30ed2222260510f9abf6f93f5932e3b.jpg

ed4b52c8c33067f1224b6f304339c9377a48ff8b.jpg

02885fd3d1646b455911916e7634d7dbdc6c5187.jpg

We hope that this late, but very anticipated gift to our community will make our players happy. We are sorry that this took so long, but we believe that it’s always better late, than never.

And… Before you ask, no, this does not mark the end of our adventure. Not yet. There are still cards up our sleeve to surprise you!

Stay tuned and enjoy your Lawful Evil shenanigans!

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/4170974735561379408
Devil in the details
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, or so they say. And in Wrath of the Righteous, this phrase can have a quite literal meaning.

57c0b4645d6adc28e0a75d54594c378b0c1ce30f.jpg

Devil is the final, 10th Mythic path in Wrath of the Righteous, available only to the Commanders who began their Mythic journey as an Aeon or Azata. It was added to the game in secrecy, never having been mentioned in any articles or announcements before release, and purposefully avoided in our social media for a good while after. Even the patch notes referred to it as a “secret Mythic” for nearly two years!

Of course, it didn’t take long for players to discover this surprise. The option of becoming an agent of Hell itself on Golarion was instantly recognized as a very cool concept, and was met with a very warm welcome. The intimidating blazing winged figure of Mephistopheles added to the picture.

74a87986ce17fb5d61572060de6965ac95cd6dd3.png

However, as the time passed, we started receiving feedback from our players that, while very fun, the Devil felt somewhat… lacking in comparison with other Mythics.

Between being one of the last elements of the game to be added before release, and appearing really late into the game, Devil clearly didn’t receive as much love as some other paths.

That’s why when the game was receiving its Enhanced Edition, we felt it was a great opportunity to fix this nuisance. Our narrative team has proposed an exciting new quest for the Devil, where the events in Mendev would take a completely new twist as Queen Galfrey, devoted follower of Iomedae, would stray away from her goddess, corrupted by the Devil Commander.

The quest was deemed to be very thematic and fun, and the implementation started. Scripts were written, dialogues were prepared. At some point, bits and pieces of this quest have even ended up in the game files, where modmakers and dataminers discovered them, sharing their excitement.

But then, an unfortunate turn of events took place. The quest never made it into the Enhanced Edition, causing a lot of frustration and disappointment among the community which was already planning how they would corrupt the righteous queen. But what happened?

09f452e1ea08938bdc73f9e8ca428605adaee383.jpg

To understand the reasons behind this, we need to dive a bit deeper into our development process. When we plan a big update with new features, first we accumulate ideas. These come from many sources: some originate from within the team, some pop up naturally during the development process, others are adapted from your suggestions, comments, results of community polls and popular mods. Yes, we read what you guys write, and quite a lot!

Then we vote. After voting for the features for the Enhanced Edition, new content for the Devil Mythic path ended up roughly in the middle of the list, with the cutoff line being just slightly below. Normally, that would mean it would be implemented.

Unfortunately, things don’t always go as planned. A combination of unexpected delays, errors in estimation and a few force majeure factors left us in a position where we weren’t able to finish it in time. With a heavy heart, we were forced to scrap the quest altogether.

We’ve come out with an honest explanation and expressed hope that one day in the future, we might be able to come back to it.

Most likely, you've already guessed where this is going.

a644c8e320610bcda0373799c74d776f23c3872e.png

It was sad to watch the endless stream of memes about the abandoned Devil all these years, knowing we didn’t deliver what we wanted. Many members of the team play our games as well, or even originate from the community itself, and they were as frustrated as the community was about this.

Eventually, an initiative has gained momentum inside the dev team, to come back and rewrite this frustrating chapter of our game’s history. It helped a lot that you, the players, didn’t forget the Devil and kept asking questions and sharing your pain in numerous comments and suggestions for all this time. Thanks to that, and a massive enthusiastic drive from certain members of the team, we were finally able to allocate the necessary resources and finish what was started!

With the DLC6 “A Dance of Masks” marking a major milestone for Wrath of the Righteous, we agreed that there would be no better time to release this new story content for the Devil than the patch that comes alongside the DLC.

Here’s a little glimpse of what is expecting you:

5f59d7a78aa2a23bc0a124e0b71fae16077ce365.jpg

57a6172cd30ed2222260510f9abf6f93f5932e3b.jpg

ed4b52c8c33067f1224b6f304339c9377a48ff8b.jpg

02885fd3d1646b455911916e7634d7dbdc6c5187.jpg

We hope that this late, but very anticipated gift to our community will make our players happy. We are sorry that this took so long, but we believe that it’s always better late, than never.

And… Before you ask, no, this does not mark the end of our adventure. Not yet. There are still cards up our sleeve to surprise you!

Stay tuned and enjoy your Lawful Evil shenanigans!
Beat me to the punch. Curse you Infinitron :argh:

It took them long enough. Finally , Devil going to be good.

*Golden Dragons found dead in the gutter.*

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

I had such high hopes for the Gold Dragon mythic path at the release...

There is some glimmer of hope for you:

VLZO21C.jpeg

"We don’t have time and budget to add some content to the dragon right now, but we are considering something for the dragon later. But I can’t promise for sure"
We just have to wait for that Pathfinder Wrath of the righteous : MYTHIC Edition to drop.

Does that mean this is not the last DLC if they are considering adding dragon content afterwards? I assume they won't be doing free content unless there's DLC coming as well.

Will have to wait and see how Devil feels. The biggest problem is that there just isn't enough room to have a whole Mythic path in the last chapter of the game (same issue other late game paths have). Sounds like nothing will change there, unless there is some extra devil flavor added to earlier Azata/Aeon path choices.

Desiderius

Patron

Californicated associate Chaos with Good, struggle with other concepts.

"The option of becoming an agent of Hell itself on Golarion was instantly recognized as a very cool concept"

The perfect case in point. LE is opposite of the beloved CG.

Hell is not "cool". It is hot. Very, very, hot.

Desiderius

Patron
Does that mean this is not the last DLC if they are considering adding dragon content afterwards? I assume they won't be doing free content unless there's DLC coming as well.

Will have to wait and see how Devil feels. The biggest problem is that there just isn't enough room to have a whole Mythic path in the last chapter of the game (same issue other late game paths have). Sounds like nothing will change there, unless there is some extra devil flavor added to earlier Azata/Aeon path choices.
Just need to combine meh first two Mythics into one and slide everything else forward an event. Begin late path transition in Fane.

Akka

Novice

There is some glimmer of hope for you:

VLZO21C.jpeg

"We don’t have time and budget to add some content to the dragon right now, but we are considering something for the dragon later. But I can’t promise for sure"
Honestly, I'd even prefer that they rewrite how to get the path than adding new things to it.
It's just so much into "stupid good" that it ends up cringe rather than mythic.

Was browsing through the DLC reviews and then saw this, which I couldn't believe, this being Owlcat and all:

Every battle is handcrafted. There are no random encounters, things are set up with different goals and predicaments so there is always some kind of challenge and you don't feel like you are doing the same fights over and over. For instance at one point your Thief gets caught alone behind enemy lines. At another point you need to destroy a few objects, because until you do reinforcements will keep spawning.

Then I realized I had another browser tab still open... :/

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there (balance) mods at this point for either Kingmaker or Wrath to tackle the bloat and trash encounter density?

Yosharian

Arcane
Was browsing through the DLC reviews and then saw this, which I couldn't believe, this being Owlcat and all:

Every battle is handcrafted. There are no random encounters, things are set up with different goals and predicaments so there is always some kind of challenge and you don't feel like you are doing the same fights over and over. For instance at one point your Thief gets caught alone behind enemy lines. At another point you need to destroy a few objects, because until you do reinforcements will keep spawning.

Then I realized I had another browser tab still open... :/
I should try that game again at some point, I got annoyed with it cos of the camera

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/4111344

The Ultimate Address Update​

Pathfinders!

It’s time for good news - we’ve found the way and are finally ready to initiate the shipping of the long-awaited Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous physical rewards.

That is why we kindly ask you to inform us if you changed your address during this time so that the parcel could reach you without problems. You can contact us via e-mail: team@owlcat.games or create a ticket on our Discord server. Leave your email (preferably the one you used to back us on Kickstarter or place an order on our website), full name, and your old and new address there. Also, don’t forget to mention that it’s about Pathfinder physical rewards.

We kindly ask you to reach out to us swiftly, within a week from now, up to June 5.

Love,

Owlcats

Seethe

Arbiter

So is it a pure arcane caster then? Does that mean spellbook merging will work with lich?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom