Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

The Jester

Cipher
It's so over goldfag bros :negative:

Tenebris

Scholar
I wouldn't be too disappointed. The fact that any content will at most be 10-15 minutes dozens of hours into the game makes it still not really worth it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm referring only to Devil and any possible Gold Dragon content.
Given the amount added with Ulbrig it’s unlikely Devil will be that thin. One thing about Owlcat they do love to overdo it.

Barbarian

Arcane
I didn't go too far both times I tried playing this game.

"bloat" is the exact world I would use. I remember I had so many abilities, spells and features even managing the hotbar was tedious. And I was a pure classed character mind you.

The setting and being shoehorned on the mythic paths was another bummer. I couldn't sympathize with none of the factions, and it was very annoying being forced into having a half orc lesbo and a troon as your right hand.

I guess despite the system improvements in this, Kingmaker was the better game period. That one I could stomach to finish.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You've traveled from the streets of Kenabres to the heart of the Worldwound - and you didn't walk this journey alone! Let's take a look back at some of your most memorable moments with the companions... and a take a little peek into the future.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

You've traveled from the streets of Kenabres to the heart of the Worldwound - and you didn't walk this journey alone! Let's take a look back at some of your most memorable moments with the companions... and a take a little peek into the future.

Oh the android companion and the guys from the other dlcs going to make a cameo in the DLC ? neat

edit: Also this video really gives a ''last goodbye for the pathfinder franchise'' vibe.

MerchantKing

Learned

Oh the android companion and the guys from the other dlcs going to make a cameo in the DLC ? neat

edit: Also this video really gives a ''last goodbye for the pathfinder franchise'' vibe.

If we're lucky, Owlcat will go under too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

When we were working on the final DLC in Season Pass 2, we focused on the fact that A Dance of Masks is a DLC about the commander's well-deserved break from endless battles and a long-awaited holiday with his favorite companions. In this supplement, players should be able to enjoy all the favorite aspects of communication with the team: Daeran's humorous remarks, Nenio's boundless inquisitiveness, and, of course, Regill's strictness, which hides an endless respect for the commander. And how can you convey all the joy of communicating with companions without their beautiful voices and unique intonations? That's why in A Dance of Masks DLC we've made a full dialog voiceover for the first time. We hope that it will add depth to the story and you will be able to plunge into the atmosphere of the festival in the rebuilt Kenabres.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I'm just saying that these aren't really storyfaggy games, all in all.
Even only having NPCs being all voiced nowdays became a requirement at this point. The two biggest CPRGs recently were voiced, DOS2 and BG3 and with rogue trader in particular, i saw a bigger demand for voice acting than both pathfinder games. I hope i'm wrong, maybe people going to push against the idea hard enough..

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How on Earth would full VO "add depth to the story"? If anything it will most likely significantly reduce the amount of dialogue options. Decline.
I hate full VO so much, it's nothing but a waste of time. Messes with my reading pace, because I can read much faster than how a voice actor talks. So I have to set the voice acting volume to zero or it completely ruins my experience. It's so hard to focus on the text when you're already 5 sentences in and the actor is still speaking the first.

Tenebris

Scholar
Larian spoiled people. Having some VO in character introductions and important story moments was perfect. Anything else is waste of time and money.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I don't really like Larian but blaming them for the full VO trend is wild. They are just doing what big budget games always do, wasting money on VO and graphics etc, just like Bioware and CDPR before them.

PoE 2 already had fully VO(because people are demanding it) and back then BG3 wasn't even announced yet.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So they give content to Devil

Does Gold Dragon have content now? All the 3 of Devil, GD, and Swarm was kinda meh but Swars not having much content is I guess logical as you are going to omnicidial maniac route

scytheavatar

Scholar
I don't really like Larian but blaming them for the full VO trend is wild. They are just doing what big budget games always do, wasting money on VO and graphics etc, just like Bioware and CDPR before them.

PoE 2 already had fully VO(because people are demanding it) and back then BG3 wasn't even announced yet.

POE 2 had full VO because DOS2 had it and Feargus was afraid it would make POE 2 look bad if they didn't have it, and he had to force Sawyer to include it.

The expectation for a long time is that isometric CRPGs are AA games without the potential to become AAA. Larian smashed that illusion and made it clear there's no reason why you can't make a CRPG with the budget of Assassin's Creed or God of War.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom