Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Just finished The Lord of Nothing. After the pretty abrupt and unsatisfying ending, I looked up some things and found out there's apparently an angel called Stalhmer who shows up and does a ritual, but this never happened in my playthrough. Did anyone else not have him in their playthrough? Is there some hidden check involving this? Or is this just a bug?

Also do any of the choices involving the different settlements (i.e. helping the villagers leave the jungle, getting that AI a body, etc.) have any impact on the main game?
Not a bug. It's based on whether you stayed with that annoying gnome or left him when he told you to ditch.

The choices don't matter much other than some minor loot, but the 'best' ending is locked behind an action at the end of the last dungeon.
So if you leave him behind at the end of Through the Ashes, the angel never shows up?

Is now the time to start a new playthrough, or should I wait another two years for them to fix it?
Probably wait a week for any more hotfixes.

Also, I heard they got the rights to Kingmaker back from the publisher. Does that mean they'll keep diddling that game with patches for eternity, as well?

They rejoined the publisher who had the rights. Speculation about them patching Kingmaker any more is still massively unlikely cope.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
lol

Wolj Devilbane Priest out here in Heavy Armor with 50 Speed from Travel Domain, Longstrider (Travel Domain's *awesome* 1st level spell), and Speed Food + Favorite meal.

Love Devilbane Cleric Archetype: Heavy for free, Spell Pen at 4, Spell Pen, Greater at 8, and covers Knowledge Arcana with scaling bonus when I don't need a caster.

Viability of Skald casting AoEs:

Inciter6 casting Glitterdust vs Jeslyn.jpg

Here she's neutralizing adds with no Spell Focus or Spell Pen (on Unfair), just an Eagle's Splendor to up the DC. The Ranger has Favored Enemy - Human so can do some damage. Got lucky that all three failed, but 2 out of 3 would be fine. She later intimidated Jeslyn with 26 Intimidate vs 30DC. Team at level 6.

Archon's Aura cast with Evo Focus + Greater + Owl's + staff of Coercion, then can switch back to main weapon.

Lann Kinnie6 vs Jeslyn.jpg

Was fired up to see what Kinnie Sharpshooter could do to Jeslyn, but take a look at that health bar!

Inspect shot pasted on here from later in fight. He failed Detainer save too late to stop Swarm casting (which Slow does).

He didn't use to have that many HP, and did use to have vulnerability to Fire. Note no SR. Lann forgot to take Reduce potion which would have been another +2 AB.

Last edited:

TwoEdge

Scholar
Is now the time to start a new playthrough, or should I wait another two years for them to fix it?

Also, I heard they got the rights to Kingmaker back from the publisher. Does that mean they'll keep diddling that game with patches for eternity, as well?
Most likely wild speculation, as Starrok's response strikes this down:

Desiderius

Patron
Is the Magus Bladebound archetype any good? Seems no one is talking about it.

I took another look at it and looks like it's more akin to a Pet that shows up at lvl 12, and gives you 1/4 your lvl Circumstance AC bonus as long as its adjacent to you. It's stats are all equal to your INT (high), but only lasts for a minute until it needs to be resummoned. Minute is ten rounds so long enough for a fight, but if you want to buff it would have to rebuff each time. It's Enhancement bonus and damage go up with lvl so kind of like Finnean.

Rhobar121

Scholar
More bugs I haven't seen before.
Invisibility for enemies does not work, almost all enemies that previously started the fight as invisible now do not have this status, including all Babau and shadow demons in Drezen.
In addition, for some reason, corruption increases during the first part of the siege (it didn't do this before), although I don't know if it's a new bug or a fix introduced on purpose.

TwoEdge

Scholar
Invisibility for enemies does not work, almost all enemies that previously started the fight as invisible now do not have this status, including all Babau and shadow demons in Drezen.
In addition, for some reason, corruption increases during the first part of the siege (it didn't do this before), although I don't know if it's a new bug or a fix introduced on purpose.
Maybe your party has a pet with the new scent ability? It gives them blindsense.

Desiderius

Patron
The Marauder Leader Invis worked just fine, as did the Conjurer in Market Square.

Removing Invis from Drezen Siege is regrettable but may be the nerf required to reintroduce corruption, the removal of which made rest trivial there.

It could be that the Shadow guys were totally wiping people who had no idea what was going on.

EDIT: could be Scent! More great design - using extant features to achieve player experience objectives.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Maybe your party has a pet with the new scent ability? It gives them blindsense.
It's quite likely that this is it. I didn't think about it, I use leopard as a tank.
The Marauder Leader Invis worked just fine, as did the Conjurer in Market Square.

Removing Invis from Drezen Siege is regrettable but may be the nerf required to reintroduce corruption, the removal of which made rest trivial there.

It could be that the Shadow guys were totally wiping people who had no idea what was going on.

EDIT: could be Scent! More great design - using extant features to achieve player experience objectives.
As for the corruption, I am sure that it is just a bug and it is unlikely that they will introduce this change after such a long time.
Another thing is that Drezen has always been a mess anyway, at the same time there are supplies that are supposed to be a rest limit, and there are also artifacts that undo corruption, as if they didn't quite know what they wanted to do.

Desiderius

Patron
Pretty sure it had corruption for a long time, then at some point they completely nerfed it and put supplies everywhere, probably because people were getting filtered hard there.

The resource management challenge was up there with KotC2 on Unfair.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Pretty sure it had corruption for a long time, then at some point they completely nerfed it and put supplies everywhere, probably because people were getting filtered hard there.

The resource management challenge was up there with KotC2 on Unfair.
I remember that the inner part of Drezen sometimes had and sometimes didn't have corruption mechanics, the first part was always limited only by supplies.

MerchantKing

Learned
At minimum two months.
I'm not sure why Owlcat still releases its games and DLC in pre-alpha states. They've had six years at this point to learn this was a bad idea.

Edit: BTW, the inciter capstone doesn't work. -1 to AC and you can't cast.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I haven’t encountered any bugs/missing functionality outside of the pet leveling. Infusion Specialization probably not WAI yet but smol issue.

Vorark

Erudite
I took another look at it and looks like it's more akin to a Pet that shows up at lvl 12, and gives you 1/4 your lvl Circumstance AC bonus as long as its adjacent to you. It's stats are all equal to your INT (high), but only lasts for a minute until it needs to be resummoned. Minute is ten rounds so long enough for a fight, but if you want to buff it would have to rebuff each time. It's Enhancement bonus and damage go up with lvl so kind of like Finnean.
Thanks for looking into it. It reminded me or Finnean too but I thought maybe there would be more oomph to it. Oh well.

Desiderius

Patron
Thanks for looking into it. It reminded me or Finnean too but I thought maybe there would be more oomph to it. Oh well.

I think you're guaranteed a good weapon until lvl 12 where you're pretty much guaranteed one anyway (from drops/relics), at which point it's probably as strong as a pet and hangs around protecting you while you cast stuff would be my take. Can change damage type to take advantage of vulnerabilities/get around immunities for a very high cost in Arcane Pool too. Always on buff effects like Songs and Domain powers will still buff it (like summons) and it shares your BAB with physical stats = to your INT.

I think you're guaranteed a good weapon until lvl 12 where you're pretty much guaranteed one anyway (from drops/relics), at which point it's probably as strong as a pet and hangs around protecting you while you cast stuff would be my take. Can change damage type to take advantage of vulnerabilities/get around immunities for a very high cost in Arcane Pool too. Always on buff effects like Songs and Domain powers will still buff it (like summons) and it shares your BAB with physical stats = to your INT.

It's just plain bad. The weapon is balanced for a low-magic campaign where simply having a guaranteed +x weapon appropriate to your level would be a powerful boon. That's not the game WotR is, even from chapter 1 we're doused in extremely powerful weapons with huge;y impactful tertiary abilities attached which can make them hold up to mid and end game gear after you cast greater magic weapon to make them to +5, which basically means that your Black Blade is no better than a common +0 weapon aside from the +1 damage per 3 levels ability (which... its fine but not great).

It is in no way shape or form even close to as powerful as a pet when independent. It gets no feats, no abilities, no items, trash AC, trash HP, trash stats. You can't even control it. Even when it hits (which is fairly rare as you're not gonna spend your time buffing it much), it'd 1d6+11 or so. Barely even noticable amounts of damage. Meanwhile even a poorly buffed pet has like 40 strength/25 con/60+ AC by the time you get your independent blade. Nevermind the utility of riding it and getting full round melee attacks from across the map.

You can make the argument that you really don't lose much to take the class (the list of good magus arcana is fairly short), but its certainly not even close to the same realm as what the other Magus archetypes get. And most of them lose even less relevant stuff in exchange for their abilities (ask me if I care about losing access to heavy armor at level 13 when I'm on a horse from level 1, lmao).

Desiderius

Patron
Sos/Necro fight confirmed WAI. If you go the back way (as intended, they even added a cutscene hint) entire party warps down beside the Necromancer surrounding Sosiel. He doesn't even run off by himself now.

They've nerfed it three times for you clowns and still you cry for more. Just beat it on Unfair. Got to use the Sable Company Bull Rush Wind thingie to good effect.

*Use Dark Veil for this fight*

Oh, and Deceiver is nuts. Fused spells take the lower save, but if one spell ignores Spell Resistance the whole thing does. Frigid Touch doesn't have a save (but is Evocation) so you've got Staggerballs if you want. Tack on Blindness instead for a Fort save if it's lower.

Mantis Zealot Fading ability that turns on at level 7 counts as Concealment for the +2 AB bonus.

Desiderius

Patron
Here's Deceiver Blindball. Messed up the Respec going all-in on Evo/Elemental Fire Focus. But 18 net was enough. Should have brought Empower Rod.

Deceiver7 Fused fball sos quest.jpg

Rough Landing saving Daeran who got lit up by an Exploding Arrow from KinShooter Lann. Trips everything then slays.

Sable7Rough landing sosquest.jpg

Even though they were Immune to the Insult effect they still all tried to attack Inciter Seelah. Guarded Stance + Rolling Dodge (the Arrow is pointing to that bonus) with Dark Veil backup (note the 50% Concealment) meant that didn't pay. Ticks up to +3/+3 next level.

Inciter7 Guarded Stance Rolling Dodge.jpg

Forgot to put Eagle's Splendor on Sos, but Channeling headband from Nenio quest location made sure he could still do decent damage with it.

Sos7channeling sosquest.jpg

Kinshooter Lann using Vanish from Nenio to disarm the traps then let the Smilo have it unawares with a Steam Blast.

Kin Sharpshooter lvl 7 big crit.jpg

Definitely the most reliable source of damage.

Desiderius

Patron
Not sure if it’s TTT or base game but the melee Mythics have gotten a *big* boost. +4 damage each round stacks to +20 for instance. The damage on miss thingie is AoE and significantly more damage.

Witch of the Veil has unlimited Swift Invis from beginning (adds teleport onto it at lvl 8). Applying Protective Luck/Fortune doesn't break it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom