Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I need to update Unity Mod Manager and now I can't even remember how to find it lol.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
new dlc got any good fights in it? Im not ready for another playthrough yet but could maybe check it with my old gang

Desiderius

Patron
If you already have an old version installed, just start it up and click the Update button on the Install tab.
Couldn’t find it. NMM had a button. Vortex seems designed to be maximally opaque and unusable. Often find GitHub likewise indecipherable.

Found UMM on Nexus site and just put it in Wrath Mods Folder. Seemed to work. Pretty much have to rely on simply lucking into shit nowadays.

Desiderius

Patron
I do not lift non-existent installation instructions or non-functional MS search.

The GitHub dl didn’t even have an EXE.

Rhobar121

Scholar
If you already have an old version installed, just start it up and click the Update button on the Install tab.
Couldn’t find it. NMM had a button. Vortex seems designed to be maximally opaque and unusable. Often find GitHub likewise indecipherable.

Found UMM on Nexus site and just put it in Wrath Mods Folder. Seemed to work. Pretty much have to rely on simply lucking into shit nowadays.
You don't even have to do this, just unpack anywhere

Desiderius

Patron
So all finished now? Ready for a 3rd playthrough? So far Oracle angel, Vivi lich and then something else I guess.
Trickster Gnome Illusionist Arcanist. Use the Keen Gnome.

It's called Phantasmal Mage, it's pretty great. Shadow Spells offset the downside of Arcanist (you basically have a full spellbook at your disposal) and they all count as Illusion spells now.

Go Azata to get Favorable Magic and Will saves DC bonuses. Meta for Exploit pts.

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like Explosive Arrows Infusion on Kinetic Sharpshooter turns all Blasts (including Physical) into Bombs (vs Touch). Downside is that Infusion Specialization is not currently reducing its cost and if friendlies are standing in 5ft radius they'll get half damage if they fail Reflex Save. You do get a ton of charges on The Quiver so a good deal of Burn to burn but it can eventually run out. Class gets Overflow plus Weapon Enhancement bonuses so it is the current king of hitting shit. Can get Greater Bull Rush (triggers AoO) on Pushing Infusion very early on Water Blasts if you want. Can go to Steam at lvl 7 to pick up the Fire stuff.

BTW Mantis Zealot is pretty good, especially in Skald team.

Mantis Zealot 9 vs Ghost.jpg

Main-hand Finnean has Ghost Touch to get full damage. The +3 on Good Hope is from Encouraging meta Rod but the rest is vanilla I think. 31 AB on fifth attk at lvl 9 is not bad at all. It gets the Weapon Focus/Specialization Feats for free as it levels.

The Red Haze ability gives Concealment. 25 DC Fascinate AoE when it kills something that doesn't break on damage (just triggers another 25 DC check). Saber counts as Light so qualifies for Light Armor Focus Mythic.

Doesn't even have DEX-to-Damage yet lol

Rhobar121

Scholar
Never done a "pure caster" for MC. And trickster? Do they get merged spellbooks?
Only angel and lich can do this.

Caster has great synergy with Azata.
Personally, I like the Azata Ray Blaster. It starts slowly but then literally melts enemies.
Choosing zippy magic practically doubles your dps which, thanks to the number of items that increase fire dmg, is quite good, especially after reaching level 11.
If you add Incredible Might to it in act 4 (especially if you have a ring that doubles your morale bonus), virtually every cast will kill everything that is not completely immune to magic.
If I remember correctly, the bonus works on every single ray.

Desiderius

Patron
Never done a "pure caster" for MC. And trickster? Do they get merged spellbooks?

Personally, I like the Azata Ray Blaster. It starts slowly but then literally melts enemies.
Choosing zippy magic practically doubles your dps which, thanks to the number of items that increase fire dmg, is quite good, especially after reaching level 11.
If you add Incredible Might to it in act 4 (especially if you have a ring that doubles your morale bonus), virtually every cast will kill everything that is not completely immune to magic.
Have to be careful not to trivialize game with some casters. Merged isn’t autowin but you get overleveled, optimized Best Jokes or Zippy Nuker can get pretty dumb fast.

Phanstasmal Mage Shadow Spells Azata is very nice selection of control/nukes without being too foolproof to maintain interest, at least until Weird shows up and you get the DC to silly levels.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Have to be careful not to trivialize game with some casters. Merged isn’t autowin but you get overleveled, optimized Best Jokes or Zippy Nuker can get pretty dumb fast.

Phanstasmal Mage Shadow Spells Azata is very nice selection of control/nukes without being too foolproof to maintain interest, at least until Weird shows up and you get the DC to silly levels.
I don't know about the lich, but merged angel is definitely an autowin but unfortunately extremely boring.
All you do is spam bolt/storm of justice and everything dies because for some reason it not only deals high damage, it also has cc built and ignores magic resistance.
With other caster builds, you have to sacrifice feats to make the build work. In the case of angel, you can just as easily remove all feats from the game and it will work just as well.
Additionally, you have access to powerful high-level spells already in Act 3.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
What is a Sawtooth saber? Just looks like a Scimitar with exotic prof?

Is it still Fauchards and Falchions for the win?

Edit: Did they nerf Smilidon's attacks? I guess it is just Wolf as best pet now.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
What is a Sawtooth saber? Just looks like a Scimitar with exotic prof?

Is it still Fauchards and Falchions for the win?

Edit: Did they nerf Smilidon's attacks? I guess it is just Wolf as best pet now.
Not even that, it's like, a Longsword I think?

Smilodon was nerfed, really?

Yosharian

Arcane
Yes, only 3 atacks now. They also removed trip from velociraptor some time ago, and as I have seen, auto trp on gore attacks, added in some patch (I tested big pig).
Wow. That's. That's an interesting nerf to occur so late in the game's lifespan. Like really they thought it was fine for 7 years and then suddenly realised it was too much?

Fucking Owlcat man

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes, only 3 atacks now. They also removed trip from velociraptor some time ago, and as I have seen, auto trp on gore attacks, added in some patch (I tested big pig).
Wow. That's. That's an interesting nerf to occur so late in the game's lifespan. Like really they thought it was fine for 7 years and then suddenly realised it was too much?

Fucking Owlcat man

MMO mentality killing the fun in games till a while now, while cheats, mods and other uber builds continue to live on.
I think it's waste of resouces, especially on such a buggy game that had nonworking and missing parts.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
All the mid game DLCs already trivialize the game anyway. By the time you reach Abyss you're super overleveled with unlimited funds. Although credit where credit's due, we can make fun of overly complex difficulty settings, but you can certainly compensate for most of power creep by moving some sliders around.

dutchwench

Literate

Fucking Owlcat man
The concept of a fix being too late doesn't seem to concern Owlcat very much considering how they patched out the infamous Crane Wing exploit (that some people considered to be a conscious step away from the tabletop) in Winter of 2023, in Patch 2.2.0as. Pretty sure Kingmaker's not fixed yet, though that might be a matter of time considering what's happened recently.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
So I should roll a Wolf bully as usual?

I want to take my Skald merc and maybe a BFT merc with me too. Just still thinking about other slots in the party. I'm going to finish Lord of Nothing with the super good ending before I play the main campaign again so a few hours to think of what to pick.

MerchantKing

Learned
So all finished now? Ready for a 3rd playthrough? So far Oracle angel, Vivi lich and then something else I guess.
Trickster Gnome Illusionist Arcanist. Use the Keen Gnome.

It's called Phantasmal Mage, it's pretty great. Shadow Spells offset the downside of Arcanist (you basically have a full spellbook at your disposal) and they all count as Illusion spells now.

Go Azata to get Favorable Magic and Will saves DC bonuses. Meta for Exploit pts.
Don't go Azata. Azata tell terrible jokes and in spite of being bards they don't have any good stories. Go trickster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom