Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nope, Cleaving Finish is working just fine.
Oh, sorry, I was talking about Kinetic Blade. Both Cleaving Finish and Vital Strike should not work with Kinetic Blade per RAW, with them being modification of Kinetic Blast and it is forbidden for Blast.
The kineticist is never considered to be wielding or gripping the kinetic blast (regardless of effects from form infusions; see Infusion), and she can’t use Vital Strike feats with kinetic blasts.
I did some extensive testing with Cleaving Finish and Kinetic Knight, and I've never got Cleaving Finish to trigger. And Kinetic Blast was not multiplied by Vital Strike. But it was several patches ago and I have no inclination to retest it all over again. So I'd be glad to hear that someone played with Kinetic Blade + Cleaving Finish in Wrath and it was working, in practice, not in theory.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I much prefer the dismissal option.

Massive QoL improvement compared to Kingmaker. Apparently, even after all this time, they still haven't patched it into that game, which is just baffling.
Yeah. Backporting a feature into the older game where the engine is more limited than the new one. And with Owlcat's QA processes. And then make it available for Kingmaker on consoles. And so that a 5 year old game does not break.

No, thanks. Go mod yourself.
That is not the reason. Reason is that Owlcat does not own the rights for Kingmaker and they get no money for its sales so they do not support it anymore.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Btw so far all Trickery checks I’ve encountered have been retriable, does that continue?

if so, the point of having supar high trickery seems even more moot
You can retry Traps until you fail by 5 or more but for lockpicking you only get one try per character per skill level. It means if you fail the check, try with another character that has same skill and if all fail you need to level up, put +1 point into same skill and then you can try again (this part was brought in directly from PnP)

ArchAngel

Arcane
You guys know I am now playing heavy melee party with ragers and skald. I just hit lvl 12 with Skald and took Greater Beast Totem. I also got new Mythic level and picked up Mythic Charge for my Barbarian and Bloodragers.. damn.. each attack from Pounce now gets Mythic charge bonus lol. Now my dudes Charge around the battlefield each turn if they can :D
Also all these bonuses are crazy, lvl 12 dudes with +41 to attack with power attack on :D
And I just found out that my Bloodrager gets +3 Strenght from Demon Aspect even when he has Bloodrage on, no need for demon rage LOL. Nice bug Owlcat, I will not report it :D

Stoned Ape

Savant
Seems I have earned the privilege to skip the tavern defense. Should I?
I like the Tavern Defence fight personally, and you get to re-raid the market square afterwards for another mini boss fight and some extra mobs to kill. I think you end up slightly ahead in items/money by not skipping, overall but it takes more time (the Tavern Defence can last around an hour in turn-based mode).

Daidre

Arcane
And I just found out that my Bloodrager gets +3 Strenght from Demon Aspect even when he has Bloodrage on, no need for demon rage LOL. Nice bug Owlcat, I will not report it :D
It is not a bug, all Minor aspect give permanent skill bonuses, and all Major aspects always give their stat bonuses (or Regen/DR), with permanent/in-Rage bonuses listed separately in the description.

Main reason why Demon is so amazing for INT-casters - they get to +2-7 Int from Major Coloxus Aspect with the artefact cloak that gives +3 extra levels for Rage and Aspect calculations. And for melees - Balor + Vavakia = up to +7 STR and CON.

And you can have another +2 Profane to the two stats from the Profane Ascension that is given as a reward for your RP choices in the Demon Path quest. (Different from the "blessing" that one lady proposes to everyone). And he can give out those two buffs for +2 Profane to everyone in the party.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
It is not a bug, all Minor aspect give permanent skill bonuses, and all Major aspects always give their stat bonuses (or Regen/DR), with permanent/in-Rage bonuses listed separately in the description.

Main reason why Demon is so amazing for INT-casters - they get to +2-7 Int from Major Coloxus Aspect with the artefact cloak that gives +3 extra levels for Rage and Aspect calculations. And for melees - Balor + Vavakia = up to +7 STR and CON.

And you can have another +2 Profane to the two stats from the Profane Ascension that is given as a reward for your RP choices in the Demon Path quest. (Different from the "blessing" that one lady proposes to everyone). And he can give out those two buffs for +2 Profane to everyone in the party.
Game let me turn on both minor aspects but only one major one.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Regardless of rest, I am finding Chap 1 a good bit harder than Prologue. This is because unlike the Prologue you can't oneshot any enemies - but all they need is one lucky hit to one-shot you. As well, many enemies have one-shot AoE-effects like fireballs or repeating Cause Wounds, and there are much more enemies in each individual encounter, making fights harder to control. I think once I reach level 5 I might be able to get some of those encounters down, though, but as of right now they're all but impossible for my party.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Again, have you played the class or is this the usual negative theorycrafting? I thought all the same shit. Then I tested it. I was wrong.

Have you played the class? Base Kineticist can reduce Kinetic Blade's burn cost just the same as anything else, without gather power. While using 1-2 substance infusions. And unlike Kinetic Knight, they can get metakinesis on their attacks, which effects kinetic blade's full round attacks, which greatly amplifies their damage. They can spend burn to do this, they can gather power before combat starts, they can give up their single attack on a charge or move+attack to empower+maximize their next full round attack, and at level 19 they'll get free empower on every attack automatically through metakinesis mastery. Kinetic Knight has none of these options to boost their melee capability, on top of having no ranged or broken pulsating AoE rapefest trap capability. And Kineticist doesn't need to invest much at all to get the latter, they pick the same infusions and just take deadly earth when its available. That's it.
You can only reduce it through Specialization and regular Kin starts out one behind because it has to pay for Blade. It’s that simple. How often do you get Specializations? That’s how many levels you’ll be behind KKnight on regular Kin. Endgame theorycrafting is a helluva drug.

I’ve played both Kalikke and Val KKnight (and a full Kknight on Depths). You can see the difference clear as day if you’ve been thru the leveling yourself. Same with being able to wear Heavy and Shield with DR from Earth letting you start out in melee where you can even just do some straight up Tripping if you want. Feats you need: Weapon Focus, Dazzling, Shatter, Outflank, Fury’s Fall, Tandem Trip, Trip, Greater Trip along with the usual nice things to have like Improved Initiative, Shake it Off etc. You can pick up the regular Trips via bonus Feats (at the cost of talents) and even Dazzling from Fire if you want but that’s still five minimum* on a class that gets no bonus feats.

The Feat tax for DEX-based is too high on classes with no bonus Feats that also want CMs because you also need Agile Maneuvers. Especially when you’ve got an archetype right there that gives you Heavy and a Shield. Either you’re playing Core where that should be enough AC or you’re going to need AoE AC on higher difficulties anyway.

The Meta stuff is completely superfluous if you’re at the point in the game where you can land three attacks (or a Whirlwind lol) with the Kinetic items you’re already doing plenty of damage. And Bowling/Magnetic help you land the other hits.

Unless you’re soloing. Seems like all these discussions come back to that. Use your team. Or if you’re not don’t make categorical statements about classes based on an unduly narrow premise.

* - you do run into the usual lvl one 3/4 class problem of Focus not being available yet. Can pay the DEX Feat Tax there with Human but better off grabbing Dorf + Steel Soul

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Game let me turn on both minor aspects but only one major one.
What you turn on the panel - it is only for Demonic Rage modifications, Aspect's permanent parts, in the first half of their description are... well, permanent. That is how it always worked, and imho how they are supposed to work. Whole thing is Owlcat's homebrew anyway and it would make even less sense in case of the Minor Aspects, where each of them gives the list with Skill Bonuses - and it would be ridiculous to circle between them each time you want to do a skill check vs whatever you choose for the combat effect.

traa

Literate
Some more fun in Blackwater.
On Unfair those cyber-enhanced mobs have really high CMD, so the Mobility checks are not easy to make. Still its a fun and effective playstyle.

I mean, I did some investigation in the thread, literally checking 50+ pages manually, so some of the questions are resolved, however some are still remain the actual (Very new to Wrath, had some experience with Kingmaker & D&D overall before).
I believe the build on the screen is (going to be)
Sword Saint 13 / Rowdy Rogue 1 / Loremaster 1 / Instinctual Warrior 2 / Mutation Warrior 3
It's using Trickster Mobility 2 as a core feature, obviously has stuff like Combat Reflexes, Stealthy, Power attack and (very likely) stats spread like that:
STR 13
DEX 19
CON 10 (11?)
WIS 14
INT 16
CHA 7

Also in your case it's using scythe and I'm not sure how it is possible to finesse that weapon (I was planning to use elven curved blade, like guy from here https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...crit_dmg_per_aoo_46_aoo_per_round_30k_dpr_ss/)

Few more questions besides that:
- How's that character moving in a such a... "teleportation" manner?
- Is build like that playable on console with no mods (TTT)?
- It seems to be there's a spike in character awesomeness, when is that happening? I see that it's at least level 11, but maybe earlier?

I'd REALLY appreciate if you (or somebody else) will share some build breakdown for newbies, because I had a lot of fun even just watching the demonstration videos!

Thanks!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I love how the backline defense during tower defense will literally stand still unless engaged, meaning that enemies can run around killing the archers behind them with no repercussions

Humbaba

Arcane
Regardless of rest, I am finding Chap 1 a good bit harder than Prologue. This is because unlike the Prologue you can't oneshot any enemies - but all they need is one lucky hit to one-shot you. As well, many enemies have one-shot AoE-effects like fireballs or repeating Cause Wounds, and there are much more enemies in each individual encounter, making fights harder to control. I think once I reach level 5 I might be able to get some of those encounters down, though, but as of right now they're all but impossible for my party.

This will remain a thing throughout the game, unless you focus primarily on damage, and geek the enemy before they geek you. As for spells, many have hard counters, like fireball is neutralised by protection from fire. I wouldn't call that one a one shot, but it is highly damaging if you're not buffed for it. Can't relate to the cause wounds issue, icy prison is much more of a bitch as far as common spells used by the enemy goes.

Been to the gargoyle cave yet?

I love how the backline defense during tower defense will literally stand still unless engaged, meaning that enemies can run around killing the archers behind them with no repercussions

What tower defence? You mean the tavern siege?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lol. 45 minutes of turnbased combat -> 1 insanely lucky crit on MC -> start over. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea
A person that decided to play Unfair.

Rest of Unfair has been fun, especially the Shield Maze. Taking down the Water Elemental felt like a pretty big win

It's literally called "Unfair", I'm not sure how much clearer it can be.

It's not Unfair to replay 45 minutes, it just takes a very long time. Difficulty isn't called "Very Long"

Humbaba

Arcane
So had you won in the end, instead of getting critted, you'd be fine with an encounter taking almost an hour?

Tsubutai

Educated
Can't relate to the cause wounds issue, icy prison is much more of a bitch as far as common spells used by the enemy goes.
I found that the aoe negative energy attacks of vermleks in act 1 and gargoyle clerics in act 2 both hurt like hell on unfair and can one-shot squishies.

Doing the tavern defence in turn-based mode sounds horrific.

Stoned Ape

Savant
After long hours of deliberation I decided to abandon my plan of taking Freebooter levels on Greybor and instead gave him Sacred Huntsmaster levels to do the Impossible Animal Domain trick to get him a boosted companion that will eventually reach 20th level with only 10 class levels of Inquisitor.

All so Greybor can happily ride around all day on his boar, Grey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom