Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Delterius

Arcane
my plan b was to play the roguelike but apparently its bugged stilll

time for plan c

second playthrough of kingmaker

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Is it the quest involving the Gwerm Mansion? I'm seeing a ton of reports on that right now.

Yes.

That sucks. Not sure if you seen these already or want to give these a shot (instead of waiting for the hotfix), but I've seen people link these on Discord as temporary fixes.

Save game editing method:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/xxnt53/gwerm_family_secret_bug/ireuq5d/

Alt Toybox solution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/xvypnq/cant_signal_gwerm_in_window_bug/

I honestly don't know how they keep breaking things with every update...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Is it the quest involving the Gwerm Mansion? I'm seeing a ton of reports on that right now.

Yes.

That sucks. Not sure if you seen these already or want to give these a shot (instead of waiting for the hotfix), but I've seen people link these on Discord as temporary fixes.

Save game editing method:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/xxnt53/gwerm_family_secret_bug/ireuq5d/

Alt Toybox solution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/xvypnq/cant_signal_gwerm_in_window_bug/

Thanks - already trying the save game edit now.

EDIT: Save edit worked - for anyone with same issue.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it not fixed in 2.0.1e? Or do players ignore the patches?

It is always easier to break things than to fix them. That is why QA requires attention, resources, and workflow.

Which Owlcat Games do not want to put in.

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Anyhoo, I wrapped up with Act 3 and on Core things are becoming too easy. Not sure if I landed on power curve peak at level 13ish, or should just move the slider to the right for rest of the game.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Anyhoo, I wrapped up with Act 3 and on Core things are becoming too easy. Not sure if I landed on power curve peak at level 13ish, or should just move the slider to the right for rest of the game.

Some encounters in Ch4 can still kick your ass if you're not fully prepared, but not many. Ch5 is generally quite easy, but there is one optional encounter that is pretty brutal.

notpl

Arbiter
I'm flip-flopping between a new playthrough I started (where I basically already cleaned the first act at this point) and going back to my old incomplete playthrough, which I stopped while exploring the Midnight Fane.

Before I lose my sanity: is it possible to come back later to face Playful Darkness or this is my single chance to deal with it?

Jesus Christ, sometimes I freaking despise the way Owlcat does "over-tuned encounter design".
Put as many summons between him and your party as you can and hit him with every undodgeable spell or similar source of damage you've got. Putting reroll buffs on your archers so they have better odds of hitting him with a natural 20 helps as well, though that buff is hard to come by.

Alternately, annihilate him in one turn with arcane trickster force orb. Hope you didn't build Woljiff for melee!

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Beelining seems to be controlled (maybe it's new in EE) entirely by who started the fight if there's a surprise round. It's pretty weird.
Default ai is to attack the first enemy they find, but certain enemies later in the game are programmed to charge attack the mc, or ambush the mc out of invisibility.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Beelining seems to be controlled (maybe it's new in EE) entirely by who started the fight if there's a surprise round. It's pretty weird.
Default ai is to attack the first enemy they find, but certain enemies later in the game are programmed to charge attack the mc, or ambush the mc out of invisibility.
When enemies spawn in after a cutscene, they always target the MC as well.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

No, they’re not. At least not in surprise rounds. Every enemy in the game will beeline for the character that started the surprise round if they can reach him/her with their movement - disregarding AoEs etc. Unless actively enganged before that

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah the most frustrating fight I've had was in Dresen, with like 5 of those longspear-wielding dudes always dunking straight for the MC and forcing a restart. Annoying as fuck when they do it with a reach weapon and poke you from half a map.

Stoned Ape

Savant

No, they’re not. At least not in surprise rounds. Every enemy in the game will beeline for the character that started the surprise round if they can reach him/her with their movement - disregarding AoEs etc.
Yes, this is true. On the other hand, if the AI surprises the party in turn-based mode then the enemies all try to attack the MC if they can reach.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some more fun in Blackwater.
On Unfair those cyber-enhanced mobs have really high CMD, so the Mobility checks are not easy to make. Still its a fun and effective playstyle.

I mean, I did some investigation in the thread, literally checking 50+ pages manually, so some of the questions are resolved, however some are still remain the actual (Very new to Wrath, had some experience with Kingmaker & D&D overall before).
I believe the build on the screen is (going to be)
Sword Saint 13 / Rowdy Rogue 1 / Loremaster 1 / Instinctual Warrior 2 / Mutation Warrior 3
It's using Trickster Mobility 2 as a core feature, obviously has stuff like Combat Reflexes, Stealthy, Power attack and (very likely) stats spread like that:
STR 13
DEX 19
CON 10 (11?)
WIS 14
INT 16
CHA 7

Also in your case it's using scythe and I'm not sure how it is possible to finesse that weapon (I was planning to use elven curved blade, like guy from here https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...crit_dmg_per_aoo_46_aoo_per_round_30k_dpr_ss/)

Few more questions besides that:
- How's that character moving in a such a... "teleportation" manner?
- Is build like that playable on console with no mods (TTT)?
- It seems to be there's a spike in character awesomeness, when is that happening? I see that it's at least level 11, but maybe earlier?

I'd REALLY appreciate if you (or somebody else) will share some build breakdown for newbies, because I had a lot of fun even just watching the demonstration videos!

Thanks!

I'm not using Rowdy->Loremaster. I finally decided against using Vital Strike (although it is certainly a valid approach). As long as you're able to reliably beat the Mobility checks, spending the entire Standard action on a single attack, even strong, is a DPR loss. Could move a lot during that Standard action and trigger a lot of AoOs. Of course, a Vital Strike could still be the better course of action vs some tough bossess or enemies who's CMD you can't beat (for example on Unfair).

STR 11 (+4 Str belt or buff -2 Reduce Person will still allow the use of Power Attack - on the other hand, it will be a while before you can pick it)
DEX 19
CON 10
WIS 16
INT 16
CHA 7

The build is:
unknown.png

unknown.png

As for how one can use a scythe? It needs fighter Weapon Training in Heavy Blades (needs 5 fighter levels) and Fighter's Finesse (makes any trained weapon finessable) plus Mythic Weapon Finesse feat - to add Dex to damage to finessable weapons.

The other questions:
It isn't really. I move while enemies cannot because I play in Turn Based mode. Mobility Trick 1 adds +50% move speed in Acrobatic Movement mode. I get bonus speed from buffs and barbarian levels. And last but not least, from Impossible Speed mythic ability from the TableTop Tweaks mod.

Yes. Biggest loss is Impossible Speed, which really improves your Move Speed by a lot early, as well as earlier 2nd Improved Trick (for example to improve crits with Perception earlier) and TTT modifications to Perception Tricks (without TTT you'd need to buy the crit feats to improve the crit rate/damage). You're also loosing stuff like Shingle Runner to boost your Mobility further (but in vanilla you can stack some +Dex effects you cannot with TTT - perhaps kitsune Master Shapeshifter and Reduce/Microscopic Proportions, so this one might even out). Also Graceful Athlete to easily max Athletics skill. But in general that playstyle should still be quite playable.

- It seems to be there's a spike in character awesomeness, when is that happening? I see that it's at least level 11, but maybe earlier?
Well, early game is so-so. You start pretty weak, become a decent tank with Mutagen Discovery at Mutation Warrior 3. Then your offense improves a little with MW 5 and Finesse Training in Heavy Blades. Things improve a lot at the start of Act 2 when you buy Wide Sweep scythe, which is a fantastic weapon that'll serve you well even before getting Mythic Weapon Finesse. When you get it at Lost Chapel around level 8 things will improve again... and again with Power Attack.
But things really take off only in Act 3 - probably not sooner then at level 11. You need to access and do your Mythic Quest to reach Mythic Rank 4 to pick Mobility Improved Trick. It is possible before doing pretty much any act 3 content by pursuing quests in the capital and managing the army and kingdom, but it'll take a while.

If you have any other questions - shoot.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Maybe the 2nd EE will be better.
No, it will not. Just prepare for this and enjoy the game as it is.
Nice sentiment but I already started an EE game and got fucked by the "dropped items disappear when you reload a save" bug. Will give it another week and hope whatever major regressions exist get hotfixed.
If you want my piece of advice - rollback to 1.4.4g (you can do it in Steam by selecting beta branches; for GOG you might have to use the privateer's approach), play it and wait until the current version changes from 2.0.something to 2.1.something. When it happens, upgrade to the latest 2.0.something.

Last edited:

traa

Literate
Some more fun in Blackwater.
On Unfair those cyber-enhanced mobs have really high CMD, so the Mobility checks are not easy to make. Still its a fun and effective playstyle.

I mean, I did some investigation in the thread, literally checking 50+ pages manually, so some of the questions are resolved, however some are still remain the actual (Very new to Wrath, had some experience with Kingmaker & D&D overall before).
I believe the build on the screen is (going to be)
Sword Saint 13 / Rowdy Rogue 1 / Loremaster 1 / Instinctual Warrior 2 / Mutation Warrior 3
It's using Trickster Mobility 2 as a core feature, obviously has stuff like Combat Reflexes, Stealthy, Power attack and (very likely) stats spread like that:
STR 13
DEX 19
CON 10 (11?)
WIS 14
INT 16
CHA 7

Also in your case it's using scythe and I'm not sure how it is possible to finesse that weapon (I was planning to use elven curved blade, like guy from here https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...crit_dmg_per_aoo_46_aoo_per_round_30k_dpr_ss/)

Few more questions besides that:

I'd REALLY appreciate if you (or somebody else) will share some build breakdown for newbies, because I had a lot of fun even just watching the demonstration videos!

Thanks!

I'm not using Rowdy->Loremaster. I finally decided against using Vital Strike (although it is certainly a valid approach). As long as you're able to reliably beat the Mobility checks, spending the entire Standard action on a single attack, even strong, is a DPR loss. Could move a lot during that Standard action and trigger a lot of AoOs. Of course, a Vital Strike could still be the better course of action vs some tough bossess or enemies who's CMD you can't beat (for example on Unfair).

STR 11 (+4 Str belt or buff -2 Reduce Person will still allow the use of Power Attack - on the other hand, it will be a while before you can pick it)
DEX 19 (should be. I went with 20 - which is a mistake, considering that the best Dex item cannot be boosted to odd value with Arcana Trick)
CON 11
WIS 17 ( I actually have 15 here due to too many points spent on Dex)
INT 15
CHA 7

The build is:
unknown.png

unknown.png

As for how one can use a scythe? It needs fighter Weapon Training in Heavy Blades (needs 5 fighter levels) and Fighter's Finesse (makes any trained weapon finessable) plus Mythic Weapon Finesse feat - to add Dex to damage to finessable weapons.

The other questions:
It isn't really. I move while enmies cannot because I play in Turn Based mode. Mobility Trick 1 adds +50% move speed in Acrobatic Movement mode. I get bonus speed from buffs and barbarian levels. And last but not least, from Impossible Speed mythic ability from the TableTop Tweaks mod.

Yes. Biggest loss is Impossible Speed, which really improves your Move Speed by a lot early, as well as earlier 2nd Improved Trick (for example to improve crits with Perception earlier) and TTT modifications to Perception Tricks (without TTT you'd need to buy the crit feats to improve the crit rate/damage). You're also loosing stuff like Shingle Runner to boost your Mobility further (but in vanilla you can stack some +Dex effects you cannot with TTT - perhaps kitsune Master Shapeshifter and Reduce/Microscopic Proportions, so this one might even out). Also Graceful Athlete to easily max Athletics skill. But in general that playstyle should still be quite playable.

Well, early game is so-so. You start pretty weak, become a decent tank with Mutagen Discovery at Mutation Warrior 3. The your offense improves a little with MW 5 and Finesse Training in Heavy Blades. Things improve a lot at the start of Act 2 when you buy Wide Sweep scythe, which is a fantastic weapon that'll serve you well even before getting Mythic Weapon Finesse. When you get it at Lost Chapel around level 8 things will improve again... and again with Power Attack.
But things really take off only in Act 3 - probably not sooner then at level 11. You need to access and do your Mythic Quest to reach Mythic Rank 4 to pick Mobility Improved Trick. It is possible before doing pretty much any act 3 content by pursuing quests in the capital and managing the army and kingdom, but it'll take a while.

If you have any other questions - shoot.

Thank you so much, absolutely fantastic write up.
Few more questions, sir!
1) I was using yours Sanctified Slayer build before that, but Trickster videos completely stole my attention and casting reduce person before mounting every time wasn't fun. How do you compare these two builds, which is more fun for you?
2) It seems like you're missing mythic skill tricks in the table, like mobility 1, 2, perception 1 etc?
3) Why scythe though? Isn't the elven curved blade has better crit range and you don't need to have 5 levels of mutation warrior (and can just use 3) because it's finessable weapon?
4) Any other class dips/levels that could help to improve character speed? (considering that I do no have an access to mods on console). I do not play on Unfair, it's usually "classic" difficulty, so I don't think that enemies will have sky-high CMD which would require mods to squeeze as much Mobility as possible
> perhaps kitsune and Reduce/Microscopic Proportions
5) So possible improvement would be to use Kitsune with Master Shapeshifter mythic feat to boost the stats?

Last edited:

traa

Literate
> Isn't the elven curved blade has better crit range
Can't update the previous post, so I'll add this here, - I see that there's x4 vs x2 for scythe vs curved blade which makes huge difference in crit damage obviously. So I believe this makes some sense in terms of DPS and ability to one shot somebody with accidental crit (crit range probably will suck?)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lol. 45 minutes of turnbased combat -> 1 insanely lucky crit on MC -> start over. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea
Welcome to low level dnd!

But yeah, the tavern defense would be grealy improved by a checkpoint or two, and playing it turn based is torture.

That's the thing. Just let me rezz the dumb bastard
Yeah, I can understand scripting issues with letting mc be dead, but they should have some special dialogue that appears where you choose method of res (if none exists, you have to reload) and then that item/spell gets instantly consumed with the MC being rezzed at end of combat before any dialogue can trigger.

I feel like it's a bug as well, because there is a delay of a few seconds between the mc dying and the game over screen appearing, and if you manage to fire off a breath of life or something in that time the game continues. It's just really finicky to do it that fast, especially in turn based.
You'd hope that the EE, if not fixing things, would at least not have regressions. Maybe the 2nd EE will be better.
I get the feeling all the good devs were moved to Rogue Trader like a month or two after release and the B team were left to make patches and DLC.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Lol. 45 minutes of turnbased combat -> 1 insanely lucky crit on MC -> start over. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea
Welcome to low level dnd!

But yeah, the tavern defense would be grealy improved by a checkpoint or two, and playing it turn based is torture.

Low level D&D includes one-shots, which I don't mind in a game with a reload button. I dunno what it has to do with length

I feel like it's a bug as well, because there is a delay of a few seconds between the mc dying and the game over screen appearing

I dunno if it's a bug or it's just Owlcat coding? TBH the delay might be intentional to prevent weirdness and save corruption

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Playthrough update:

I got a day off yesterday after an insane friday and spent it with WotR <3 I finally reached level 5 and now things are really rolling. Until then it felt like a pretty tough grind, and it's still balls hard, but encounters that felt impossible before feel totally doable now. It helps alot that Camellia got Protection from Energy.

In an incredibly surprising twist, my most valuable character right now is easily my gimmicky meme Main Character. It turns out having 7 attacks (8 with haste) at level 5 is actually kind of idiotic. Yeah they're sort of "half attacks" and they all attack at -5, but when you have so many attacks stacked with buffs, it's actually good enough that Camilla has completely stopped attacking: whenever she would attack, her turn is way better spent on using Bit of Luck on my MC to make him roll twice on 7 to-hit rolls.

Wenduag is tanking decently - not great, not terrible. Good enough to be missed by most Unfair enemies most of the time.

Ember is mostly spamming Evil Eye or Protection to be honest. The lack of Scorching Ray kind of sucks, but she throws snowballs fine and throws a couple buffs and a Glitterdust now and then.

Camellia is basically as disappointing as me and Daidred predicted, lol. Crusader just doesn't really work as intended. I'm still going to keep the build to see if the mounting utility works out any better. And since she's on Bit of Luck duty anyway it doesn't really matter.

For the last two slots while waiting on Regill and Aru I'm using Seelah and Woljiff. Just did the Pitaxian Wine Cellar and Germ's Mansion, now I'm stuck trying to figure out how to beat Topaz Solutions, it's progressing

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I dunno what it has to do with length
I mean, an average pnp session is longer than 45 minutes and can still include one shots unless your gm is fudging (which is basically cheating, so you may as well take toybox and give your pc godmode and play on the honor system).
I dunno if it's a bug or it's just Owlcat coding? TBH the delay might be intentional to prevent weirdness and save corruption
Delaying game over to prevent weirdness and save corruption? I mean it's not impossible in the world of owlcat coding, but you are going to be forced to reload so all the current state is getting thrown away...
I honestly suspect it's meant to be a grace period so that as long as the mc is resed before the combat ends the game can continue, but then someone threw in a variable trying to account for stuff like breath of life which have conditions to resability and now it just shows up as a random delay.

Ember is mostly spamming Evil Eye or Protection to be honest.
Makes sense, hexes are incredibly strong, especially the buff ones as there's no saving throws.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom