Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Regardless of rest, I am finding Chap 1 a good bit harder than Prologue. This is because unlike the Prologue you can't oneshot any enemies - but all they need is one lucky hit to one-shot you.
I oneshotted quite a few dretches and cultists, for example in the tower of estrod. Level 4 party, Gendarme player character, core difficulty.

Any enemies is a misnomer, I meant any enemies that have relevant openers. Not counting a lucky crit from a Scythe or something which is not really feasable to rely on :P

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also: when the fuck did Owlcat decide to do *actual dungeons*??? I fucking love this place. Yeah it's not insanely complicated, but each and every single room has something unique in it, the encounter design is insanely varied and it's generally just a blast to explore. This is some of my favorite content across the two games, period. And it's been so long since exploring a dungeon in an isometric RPG felt like an actual dungeon and not just 1 level cut short due to resource restraints.
Eh, reminds me of Deadfire's "Half-of-a-map Dungeon But on Its Own Island"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also: when the fuck did Owlcat decide to do *actual dungeons*??? I fucking love this place. Yeah it's not insanely complicated, but each and every single room has something unique in it, the encounter design is insanely varied and it's generally just a blast to explore. This is some of my favorite content across the two games, period. And it's been so long since exploring a dungeon in an isometric RPG felt like an actual dungeon and not just 1 level cut short due to resource restraints.

Wat. This is the opposite of Deadfire. I really liked Deadfire, but it is the 1-level dungeon syndrome definition.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The move speed rage power is terrible.
Well, it isn't the best. But the question was how its possible to increase Move Speed - while practically having little-to-none level budget. Fast Move Rage Power would be one such solution, particularly if you offload it on another character (Skald). Also +30 Move Speed Translates to effective +90 Move range here (+50% from Mobility 1, X2 for both Move and Standard actions).
The reason its terrible is because it's an enhancement bonus so it doesn't stack with Expeditious Retreat, which you can easily obtain from a friendly Alchemist or BFT (and you should have at least one of those)
That's... really sad. I don't think this is the case for regular barbarian Fast Movement though... WTF?

Yosharian

Arcane
The move speed rage power is terrible.
Well, it isn't the best. But the question was how its possible to increase Move Speed - while practically having little-to-none level budget. Fast Move Rage Power would be one such solution, particularly if you offload it on another character (Skald). Also +30 Move Speed Translates to effective +90 Move range here (+50% from Mobility 1, X2 for both Move and Standard actions).
The reason its terrible is because it's an enhancement bonus so it doesn't stack with Expeditious Retreat, which you can easily obtain from a friendly Alchemist or BFT (and you should have at least one of those)
That's... really sad. I don't think this is the case for regular barbarian Fast Movement though... WTF?
No, the standard movement bonus is untyped

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Where is the -2 from? Camellia also has -1 after her level despite having no debuffs?

wrHqOCD.png

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Wat. This is the opposite of Deadfire. I really liked Deadfire, but it is the 1-level dungeon syndrome definition.
Yes, but I was reminded of how much of a let down Deadfire's dungeons were by comparison.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Negative level: shouldn't that show on debuff bar?

Size: No, it's medium.
I think a leopard starts out small and grows to medium at level 5, when they get -2 to dexterity.

That makes sense, but weird way to do it instead of just reducing it's base.
True. The fact that the Devs have coded the size growth as an active effect has also led to most animals unaffected by Animal Growth size increase, as it doesn't attack with their inherent growth...

IllusiveBrian

Novice
I have the bug where the tailwind was removed from my character on death, save and reload doesn't seem to help. Is there a known fix?

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

I'm afraid it's exactly like Pillars design: frontload the best dungeon (Raedrick, Garnison, Fort Deadlight) at the start of the game, and everything else is mostly tiny maps.

traa

Literate
Haplo
I've started with Kitsune, +4 buff to three stats looks more or less interesting, plus that extra bite attack pretty useful at start.

Personally, currently I'm having more fun with the Mobility Trickster. But I do think it's not necessarily the best pick for a first playtrough

Yea, Trickster is definitely a bit more... tricky than Sanctified Slayer, I miss some of SS bonuses, plus sneak attack was a really really helping early game which is why I was thinking about possible ways to increase the damage with sneak.
There are Rage Powers to improve Move Speed further (+10, can be picked up to 3 times)
Ahh, no offence, but I do agree with Yosharian that it sucks, sounds like a pretty bad trade off of two levels. Maybe some sneak attack levels of some other class and elven curved blade as a weapon with much more higher critical range? I'm just unsure which two (potentially even 4 if going to 11 SS instead of 13 and dropping that late int damage bonus) levels can make a difference, considering the fact that going to crit oriented weapon means that it's more efficient to focus on some pure damage bonuses instead of sneak attack which doesn't multiply on crit (at least it was working like that in NWN)

And you can potentially also go for a bigger mount.
I have an efficiency OCD, so knowing that leopard a bit better in terms of effective charging I can't really use anything else, hehe
Also the crit properties of scythes are a good fit for Vek's TTT modification to Perception 2 Trick
I'd appreciate any vanilla game change advices in your build since I'm a console player retard.

And of course, - thanks a lot again, very valuable feedback!
sorry, seems like you've missed this because of delaying posting for new forum members

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm afraid it's exactly like Pillars design: frontload the best dungeon (Raedrick, Garnison, Fort Deadlight) at the start of the game, and everything else is mostly tiny maps.
Most games suffer from too little quality spread over too much quantity. Because quantity of content is so much easier to generate with the help of technology.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I have the bug where the tailwind was removed from my character on death, save and reload doesn't seem to help. Is there a known fix?
I had that happen when my guy got Petrified. I used Stone to Flesh but lost Tailwind. I reported it to devs and loaded my last save.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom