Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And now this.

I took the survey. There is no item "hire a QA manager and give him enough power to enforce the developers to follow the patch workflow".

Just sayin'.

Humbaba

Arcane
I've been considering maybe picking Bard/subclass for my upcoming swarm playthrough instead of Grenadier. There would be no bomb spam but having the ability to have every swarm clone play a different tune doesn't sound too bad either. I could see equipment being a problem though, because Bards are best when using a shield and up front, whereas a Grenadier can both function in melee and in the backline reasonably well, so I might have trouble finding good gear for every clone.

Humbaba

Arcane

"Post-campaign DLC campaign" :takemyjewgold:

"... with focus on politics for knight commander or new character (depending on ending)"

So if you chose to fuck off with your PC after closing the worldwound, he is ineligible for the campaign or what? Just come up with a premise so that every character is viable, this can't be too hard :keepmyjewgold:

Yosharian

Arcane
Ummmm no? They really don't have the AC bonuses to play with the big boys in melee. Mirror Image helps a lot to be fair, but it's not as reliable in Wrath as it was in KM

Also shields got massively nerfed a few patches ago

Best thing about them being able to use shields is easy access to Missile Shield

Humbaba

Arcane

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ummmm no? They really don't have the AC bonuses to play with the big boys in melee. Mirror Image helps a lot to be fair, but it's not as reliable in Wrath as it was in KM

Also shields got massively nerfed a few patches ago

Best thing about them being able to use shields is easy access to Missile Shield
There are two good early Heavy Shields. You don’t want to tank but Demoralize/Cast first round then melee with Shield/Rapier works well for positioning and triggering Outflank chains. Don’t have Feats/Spells/abilities for ranged.

Tsubutai

Educated
If you wanted to do a continuation campaign for a PC who ascended, you could just have the protagonist be their herald/avatar. I'm not sure that such a campaign would be a good idea though because it's hard to see where the sense of progression and mechanical character development would come from - Inevitable Excess already suffered from that quite a bit.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Or just have the PC be kicked out of heaven for any reason at all.
thats not really a thing and if it was then the story would change and be about that. there's no way to accomodate it
Of course it is. Maybe have the PC be kicked out for the exact purpose of going on whatever adventure it's going to be.
there's no one to kick you out. that's just not a thing in this setting. and especially not with this ascension ending. taking on a mortal guise is a no go as well given what happened the last time someone tried pulling it off.
If you wanted to do a continuation campaign for a PC who ascended, you could just have the protagonist be their herald/avatar.
You just create someone at max level and call them your herald? That could work I guess.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I remember the last DLC survey they put out. I asked for a post-campaign expansion and we ended-up getting Inevitable Excess, so I'll take partial responsibility for starting them off on the wrong foot.

Also, lmao at these options.
Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Absolutely worth $12.99 to the right people.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There's also the fact that the percentage of players who actually complete a game (i.e. reach the ending) is, overall, quite low.
That fact follows from what I wrote IMO. Content is weak and repetitive, and the average player loses interest.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
There's enough race-class-mythic bloat to paralyze indecisives and satisfy build-autists until their third Pathfinder RPG, and rats are better left in the past. Asking for, in order.

1. Mythic Content
2. Pathfinder Society Spin-Off
3. First Crusade Prequel
4. White Marchlike New Region

At this point, the only thing the main campaign could use that I think they could actually deliver on is all that pipedream Mythic Content. Rather have some smaller, instanced side-adventures to run custom characters and parties through, like Part 2 of Through the Ashes they've clearly got planned.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Have they nerfed Core difficulty? I don't remember numbers in specific encounters, but I seem to remember having a lot more difficult time the first time I played. Or maybe I'm conflating my 50 hours with Wizard to my later Gendarme playthrough.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
If you wanted to do a continuation campaign for a PC who ascended, you could just have the protagonist be their herald/avatar. I'm not sure that such a campaign would be a good idea though because it's hard to see where the sense of progression and mechanical character development would come from - Inevitable Excess already suffered from that quite a bit.
The PC could get 20 more levels, or 40 if Legend.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
On Reddit there's a huge amount of people fervently praising Owlcat for the ever-continuous 'fixing' of Wrath, and very little backlash when things go awry

While Reddit is certainly more optimistic than the 'dex, it's actually my impression that EE has more critics there than defenders, which is very striking for a game subreddit.
Could be, although I saw someone defending the EE because 'they've been waiting forever for the reforge mechanic and have so many ideas on how they can dress their characters now.' This is what happens when you chase the Bioware fandom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom