Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
they are taking surveys on what DLCs to make

n o w?

edit: voted for extra paths/more content for paths because that's what they should have focused on for dlc right from the start
Voted for those two + the White March style expansion and another class/companion (which they are already doing anyway according to dataminers). You know romances are going to win though.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, it isn't the best. But the question was how its possible to increase Move Speed - while practically having little-to-none level budget. Fast Move Rage Power would be one such solution, particularly if you offload it on another character (Skald). Also +30 Move Speed Translates to effective +90 Move range here (+50% from Mobility 1, X2 for both Move and Standard actions).
Lann Drovier gets 30ft speed boost aura.
Is that exclusive to Lann? (I mean the ability itself, not the effect which is aura)
No, but he's the only companion that sets up well to multiclass, and Druid is a particularly good fit since he has good WIS and Druid usually lacks any ranged proficiency. Drovier trades Wild Shape for the Auras (eventually topping out in Aspect of Wolf Aura which gives team +4 STR/DEX boost - +8 with Polymorph Mythic - and Swift Trips. But the Speed one is good until you can keep Haste up.) which is a great trade since he's not interested in Wild Shaping.
Therein lies the problem: the Animal Aspects don't stack with Haste / Expeditious Retreat -and therefore are pretty useless.

Dhaze

Cipher
On Reddit there's a huge amount of people fervently praising Owlcat for the ever-continuous 'fixing' of Wrath, and very little backlash when things go awry

While Reddit is certainly more optimistic than the 'dex, it's actually my impression that EE has more critics there than defenders, which is very striking for a game subreddit.

True, general perception seems to have shifted a bit since the EE released to a rather lukewarm reception. I've seen a surprising amount of redditors criticising Owlcat's decision to call it an 'enhanced' edition.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Therein lies the problem: the Animal Aspects don't stack with Haste / Expeditious Retreat -and therefore are pretty useless.
Retreat is Personal (so not available for most Martials) and Haste is rnd/lvl. They're anything but useless (on Drovier) since it's AoE and min/lvl. The bigger problem is that the CMB one (alone) gets obsoleted on Drovier and Polymorph effects suppress size bonuses in TTT. If you can manage the latter by the time you can keep Haste up Drovier has the higher level Aspects available topping off with Wolf at lvl 14. Would be interesting to see how Aspect of the Stag interacts with your Mobility build if it's even in game. Also maybe that speed bonus does stack?

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently it's possible for Gwerm's Mansion quest to bug out and the action that appears at the window in the last room won't show up. Editing my savegame per instructions in the reddit post did nothing. Playthrough on hold until the patch emerges. Owlcat minion commented on the reddit that they are working on it :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Neverending bugs is the price you pay for hyper autistic ruleset and class system.

It's a scale. I didn't mind Kingmaker's bugfest as much because they poured their heart and soul into patch after patch. The EE patch was fairly massive.

The slight committed here is that it seems they've given up. The EE patch is laughable. It fixes a tiny amount of bugs, adds a few lines of text to woefully underdeveloped Mythics and gives you photomode - all the while completely ruining at least one quest for the majority of the player base (and who knows what else).

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Apparently it's possible for Gwerm's Mansion quest to bug out and the action that appears at the window in the last room won't show up. Editing my savegame per instructions in the reddit post did nothing. Playthrough on hold until the patch emerges. Owlcat minion commented on the reddit that they are working on it :lol:

Look a few pages back, I had the same issue. ALOT of people have. You can fix it with save editing (99% sure you did it wrong if it didn't work for you, it's kind of poorly explained on reddit) or via the Toybox (which is probably more foolproof).

And yes, a bug of that magnitude right after an "Enhanced Edition" is a massive, inescapable joke.

Delterius

Arcane
Starrok posted this on the reddit:

Let's put it this way: if Season Pass 2 will be well-received, there's a good chance.

Which is insane to me because the most commercially viable DLCs are gatekept behind niche ideas like Low Level Campaign Part 2. I will say this about Owlcat: they seem to make whatever the fuck they want. Almost without regard for market appeal. For an instance it seems that Wrath as a project was made with little 'modularity' as it were and every addition to the Mythic Path's content entails 'taking the game apart and putting it back together'. Now I don't know this coding geomancy from your average seashell witchcraft, but if this is true then what the fuck? Had Todd Howard been in charge of this project the entire thing would have been built around cranking out those Mythic Paths like booster packs. Had Feargus Urukhart been the director he'd have done the same, only he'd insist on some sort of Crusade Battle system that would tank the entire development and oh wait.

This also explains why the post campaign DLC turned out the way it did. They probably started working on it after the last DLC related survey. What this means is that they only mostly know what DLC they'll make for season pass 2: the ashes sequel and some wildcards expy with the shifter companion. They don't know what else to do.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Starrok posted this on the reddit:

Let's put it this way: if Season Pass 2 will be well-received, there's a good chance.

Which is insane to me because the most commercially viable DLCs are gatekept behind niche ideas like Low Level Campaign Part 2. I will say this about Owlcat: they seem to make whatever the fuck they want. Almost without regard for market appeal. For an instance it seems that Wrath as a project was made with little 'modularity' as it were and every addition to the Mythic Path's content entails 'taking the game apart and putting it back together'. Now I don't know this coding geomancy from your average seashell witchcraft, but if this is true then what the fuck? Had Todd Howard been in charge of this project the entire thing would have been built around cranking out those Mythic Paths like booster packs. Had Feargus Urukhart been the director he'd have done the same, only he'd insist on some sort of Crusade Battle system that would tank the entire development and oh wait.

This also explains why the post campaign DLC turned out the way it did. They probably started working on it after the last DLC related survey. What this means is that they only mostly know what DLC they'll make for season pass 2: the ashes sequel and some wildcards expy with the shifter companion. They don't know what else to do.

It very much reminds me of Cyanide and the Blood Bowl franchise. Here they are, making a game for one of the nerd subgroups with the most purchasing power, who spend their life's savings on miniatures and paints and what basically amounts to adult dolls.

And what do they do with that? They sell a standard package 40 euro half-assed game with no following support. Motherfucker if you give these nerds the basic ability to buy paints and patterns (skin decals) and let them customize their digital Black Orcs, they would throw money at you like you wouldn't believe. Especially if you gave them some way of showing that shit to there friends outside of games. The fuck is going on?

We're talking about almost solely 35+ adult nerds with moderately paying jobs. "Here's a new horn decal for the Beastman, only 6 euros 99!" and their reaction would be :takemymoney:

That’s a bug if you’re getting that. Kin in Wrath is notoriously bugged all to shit so yeah my experience with it is from P:K outside of Elemental Engine in DLC, where Burnout is also bugged. Obv if you’re getting all kinds of shit for free w/o Gathering a cost reduction ability isn’t going to be as valuable. Not WAI.

k but you told me several times to play the game. I have. What's your excuse for being wrong? I guess you haven't played the game and are talking shit. This is exactly the same in Kingmaker, I checked a few pages ago.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck sakes. This is actually starting to piss me off. I put the game down months ago to wait for fixes and now they're breaking more shit. :argh:

The DLC survey lacked an option for, "Don't make any more DLCs until you fix the shit you already made."

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The DLC survey lacked an option for, "Don't make any more DLCs until you fix the shit you already made."
There is a "none of the above" option.
Honestly, I'd be in the market for some cool new mythics, but I am also really not in the market for playing through a 100 hour campaign again. I wish they'd release a tight 10-20 hour campaign with a focus on making the most of all the mythic paths.

mediocrepoet

Patron
There is a "none of the above" option.
Honestly, I'd be in the market for some cool new mythics, but I am also really not in the market for playing through a 100 hour campaign again. I wish they'd release a tight 10-20 hour campaign with a focus on making the most of all the mythic paths.
Yeah, I felt that none of the above didn't really capture it though since it implies that none of those ideas sound interesting. They do... but I want the goddamned game to work, at least in the quest/content aspect. Even if some of the subclasses were broken and they just gave up on them, those could at least be noted and avoided and you could still play through the game and have a reasonably clean experience.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
OK, question for people who actually play the game and pay attention: I'm p. sure the fucked up edition removed some items that were previously there. One good example that I'm 100% certain of is the pet that increased knowledge arcana and perception (I think) that was found in the looted shop with the talking weapon - it's no longer there. Were such changes mentioned in any changelogs and are intentional or is it another oopsie?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Playthrough on hold until the patch emerges. Owlcat minion commented on the reddit that they are working on it :lol:
On twitch someone told me in the chat that restart of this quest helped him. I guess you need to start from the save before the first visit to this location to be sure.

Zboj Lamignat Daidre What?! They removed pipefox?! Do they even know what "regression testing" means?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Look a few pages back, I had the same issue. ALOT of people have. You can fix it with save editing (99% sure you did it wrong if it didn't work for you, it's kind of poorly explained on reddit) or via the Toybox (which is probably more foolproof).

And yes, a bug of that magnitude right after an "Enhanced Edition" is a massive, inescapable joke.
I wish you were right, but I know how to copy and paste text, and how to write "true", and I tell you it still doesn't work. Can give you my save file if you want.

What makes it more of a joke than putting "Enhanced Edition" is that PKM was relatively fine a year after launch. Not this.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I put the game down months ago to wait for fixes and now they're breaking more shit.
1.4.4g is your friend. Switch to the proper beta branch on Steam and wait for the EE to be fixed.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll do that - I remembered that there was a more stable patch that came and went.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I wish you were right, but I know how to copy and paste text, and how to write "true", and I tell you it still doesn't work. Can give you my save file if you want.

What makes it more of a joke than putting "Enhanced Edition" is that PKM was relatively fine a year after launch. Not this.

I wasn't talking down to you. I'm used to editing saves myself and this one was giving me trouble since it's not very clear which of the statements you have to edit to True (at least it was for me, because the layout of my editor wasn't at all what it claimed in the reddit thread). If you send it to me I'll take a look at it, but is there a particular reason you don't try the Toy Box? It seems the most definitive method, and I would have used it myself, had I known about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom