Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How on Earth could they screw up the very first act that was more or less bug free from the start? For more than a year?

How on Earth could they do it right after massive hype train to attract noobs? To dip their heads in shit in the very first act?!

I'm just... I guess I will refrain from writing here for a while. Again.

P.S.: yes, those are rhetorical questions. No need to answer.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently it's possible for Gwerm's Mansion quest to bug out and the action that appears at the window in the last room won't show up. Editing my savegame per instructions in the reddit post did nothing. Playthrough on hold until the patch emerges. Owlcat minion commented on the reddit that they are working on it :lol:

Look a few pages back, I had the same issue. ALOT of people have. You can fix it with save editing (99% sure you did it wrong if it didn't work for you, it's kind of poorly explained on reddit) or via the Toybox (which is probably more foolproof).

And yes, a bug of that magnitude right after an "Enhanced Edition" is a massive, inescapable joke.
I wish you were right, but I know how to copy and paste text, and how to write "true", and I tell you it still doesn't work. Can give you my save file if you want.

What makes it more of a joke than putting "Enhanced Edition" is that PKM was relatively fine a year after launch. Not this.

I wasn't talking down to you. I'm used to editing saves myself and this one was giving me trouble since it's not very clear which of the statements you have to edit to True (at least it was for me, because the layout of my editor wasn't at all what it claimed in the reddit thread). If you send it to me I'll take a look at it, but is there a particular reason you don't try the Toy Box? It seems the most definitive method, and I would have used it myself, had I known about it.
No offence taken.

I actually fixed it. I had a suspicion and it turned out true. When you use two pieces of broken software together, in my case GOG Galaxy in addition to Wrathfinder, you have to predict more shit scenarios than when using just one.

Turned out I was editing my savegame and then adding the json file back to the archive. Then GOG Galaxy would start up the game, and overwrite my edited savegame when it "syncs" the files.

Fucking morons and their cloud saves. I turned off cloud saves from galaxy now.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Apparently it's possible for Gwerm's Mansion quest to bug out and the action that appears at the window in the last room won't show up. Editing my savegame per instructions in the reddit post did nothing. Playthrough on hold until the patch emerges. Owlcat minion commented on the reddit that they are working on it :lol:

Look a few pages back, I had the same issue. ALOT of people have. You can fix it with save editing (99% sure you did it wrong if it didn't work for you, it's kind of poorly explained on reddit) or via the Toybox (which is probably more foolproof).

And yes, a bug of that magnitude right after an "Enhanced Edition" is a massive, inescapable joke.
I wish you were right, but I know how to copy and paste text, and how to write "true", and I tell you it still doesn't work. Can give you my save file if you want.

What makes it more of a joke than putting "Enhanced Edition" is that PKM was relatively fine a year after launch. Not this.

I wasn't talking down to you. I'm used to editing saves myself and this one was giving me trouble since it's not very clear which of the statements you have to edit to True (at least it was for me, because the layout of my editor wasn't at all what it claimed in the reddit thread). If you send it to me I'll take a look at it, but is there a particular reason you don't try the Toy Box? It seems the most definitive method, and I would have used it myself, had I known about it.
No offence taken.

I actually fixed it. I had a suspicion and it turned out true. When you use two pieces of broken software together, in my case GOG Galaxy in addition to Wrathfinder, you have to predict more shit scenarios than when using just one.

Turned out I was editing my savegame and then adding the json file back to the archive. Then GOG Galaxy would start up the game, and overwrite my edited savegame when it "syncs" the files.

Fucking morons and their cloud saves. I turned off cloud saves from galaxy now.

lol

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah, I had to use toybox I think 3 times to fix gamebreaking issues on my first run. It really is a pretty cool tool, even if it's intended for cheating.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Therein lies the problem: the Animal Aspects don't stack with Haste / Expeditious Retreat -and therefore are pretty useless.
Ah but then you don't have to take those spells and so it's actually optimal, from a certain point of view!
If you’ve got Retreat obv use that. Lann Drovier helps Seelah, Greybor, (the original) Reg or MC* get the lead out. Can also be used (only temporarily unfortunately) for +4 CMB Aura then Mobility/Perception/Stealth or Aspect of Falcon on ranged if you don’t need speed before finishing on Aspect of Wolf AoE.

* - I’m surprised all the Mut Warrior fanbois haven’t already found it, or that Average Manatee hasn’t owned me with how slow KKnight is.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
The stuff you guys post about EE makes me really glad I haven't moved from version 1.37 in months. :M

That one seems to be largely issue-free. Perhaps there are some Abilities, Feats, Spells and the like that don't work as they should in there, but if so, I'm either not using any of them or the problems are too small to notice. It's been a pretty smooth experience on that patch for me so far, which I found rather surprising, actually.

The "Enhancements" provided by the "Enhanced" Edition didn't seem to me like they're worth the risk of Owlcat's typical shenanigans from the start and it looks like I was right. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait another 6 months or so to be able to Search my Inventory and dye my armor.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Average Manatee looks like Specialization is reducing both Form and Substance cost? Got me wanting to try DEX-based Dark Elementalist Water Trickster to get Skilled Kineticist for Mythic Trick Athletics (TTT has DEX-to-Athletics Feat).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So far Chap 1 and early Chap 2 seem to be both better written and with a more interesting premise and plot beats than Kingmaker. Though I'm still disappointed Owlcat didn't go with some of my own favorite Adventure Paths, WotR is a positive surprise so far. Yeah it's still BSB high fantasy most of the time, but it has some stuff going on like the angels imprisoned in the Wardstones, or Nurah's interesting take on the slavery trope.

It's kind of a stark contrast to some of the companions, really.

traa

Literate
OK, question for people who actually play the game and pay attention: I'm p. sure the fucked up edition removed some items that were previously there. One good example that I'm 100% certain of is the pet that increased knowledge arcana and perception (I think) that was found in the looted shop with the talking weapon - it's no longer there. Were such changes mentioned in any changelogs and are intentional or is it another oopsie?
Pipefox is still there at least for PS4/PS5 version of the game

Tenebris

Scholar
OK, question for people who actually play the game and pay attention: I'm p. sure the fucked up edition removed some items that were previously there. One good example that I'm 100% certain of is the pet that increased knowledge arcana and perception (I think) that was found in the looted shop with the talking weapon - it's no longer there. Were such changes mentioned in any changelogs and are intentional or is it another oopsie?
The pet is still there. The indicator just doesn't show. Click where it used to be and you'll be able to get it still. I cannot fathom how Owlcat broke something over there when nothing about the map changed.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
So if you chose to fuck off with your PC after closing the worldwound, he is ineligible for the campaign or what? Just come up with a premise so that every character is viable, this can't be too hard
Just do what Dragon Age did and have the DLC's protag be a new character if the old one isn't around anymore.
Cucking out on the finality and consequences of your narrative so people can continue playing their OC donut steel is retarded.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Just do what Dragon Age did and have the DLC's protag be a new character if the old one isn't around anymore.
Cucking out on the finality and consequences of your narrative so people can continue playing their OC donut steel is retarded.

It would be really difficult to come up with a non-contrived way to explain how yet another character ended up with Mythic Abilities, tho, and they are a pretty huge selling point for WotR specifically.

The plot makes it pretty clear the MC is a unique product.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

It would be really difficult to come up with a non-contrived way to explain how yet another character ended up with Mythic Abilities, tho, and they are a pretty huge selling point for WotR specifically.

The plot makes it pretty clear the MC is a unique product.
Set it 1000 years in past, problem solved

Codex Year of the Donut
Starrok posted this on the reddit:

Let's put it this way: if Season Pass 2 will be well-received, there's a good chance.

Which is insane to me because the most commercially viable DLCs are gatekept behind niche ideas like Low Level Campaign Part 2. I will say this about Owlcat: they seem to make whatever the fuck they want. Almost without regard for market appeal. For an instance it seems that Wrath as a project was made with little 'modularity' as it were and every addition to the Mythic Path's content entails 'taking the game apart and putting it back together'. Now I don't know this coding geomancy from your average seashell witchcraft, but if this is true then what the fuck? Had Todd Howard been in charge of this project the entire thing would have been built around cranking out those Mythic Paths like booster packs. Had Feargus Urukhart been the director he'd have done the same, only he'd insist on some sort of Crusade Battle system that would tank the entire development and oh wait.

This also explains why the post campaign DLC turned out the way it did. They probably started working on it after the last DLC related survey. What this means is that they only mostly know what DLC they'll make for season pass 2: the ashes sequel and some wildcards expy with the shifter companion. They don't know what else to do.
Season Pass 2
Video game developer greed never ceases to amaze me.

Delterius

Arcane

How can a dev be greedy when they added an in-game button to take screenshots without needing to hit the print screen key FOR FREE?
photo mode is weirdly elaborate for what it is and another confirmation that owlcat does not give a fuck in a very caring fashion.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

How can a dev be greedy when they added an in-game button to take screenshots without needing to hit the print screen key FOR FREE?
photo mode is weirdly elaborate for what it is and another confirmation that owlcat does not give a fuck in a very caring fashion.
Yeah. The two actual main features of EE were photo mode and being able to graphically modify your armors. I wonder who even asked for either of those things?

And for this they added showstopping bugs.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Therein lies the problem: the Animal Aspects don't stack with Haste / Expeditious Retreat -and therefore are pretty useless.
Retreat is Personal (so not available for most Martials) and Haste is rnd/lvl. They're anything but useless (on Drovier) since it's AoE and min/lvl. The bigger problem is that the CMB one (alone) gets obsoleted on Drovier and Polymorph effects suppress size bonuses in TTT. If you can manage the latter by the time you can keep Haste up Drovier has the higher level Aspects available topping off with Wolf at lvl 14. Would be interesting to see how Aspect of the Stag interacts with your Mobility build if it's even in game. Also maybe that speed bonus does stack?
Retreat can be shared by a BFT. In case of my char, its also on SS spell list (Animal Aspects too).
Tried disabling this TTT setting but still didn't benefit from those. The Monkey Aspect had a bonus that wasn't stacking and was trumped by other effects.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Yeah. The two actual main features of EE were photo mode and being able to graphically modify your armors. I wonder who even asked for either of those things?

And for this they added showstopping bugs.
You'll find people on reddit who were happy for both, although they are starting to get drowned out a bit (and most have pivoted to talking about romances in the survey anyway). This is what happens when Bioware stops releasing games and all their drones end up elsewhere asking for the same decline.

razvedchiki

Magister
getting legend or something similar from the start would make for a great addition to the game. couple that with a skald companion and a few quests and you have a dlc.

Longes

Augur
Started my Lich playthrough, now that EE is out. Thought Nenio would be obsolete in my party, but I think she'll stay as a permanent fixture. Summoning skelebros and having Nenio cast Haste in the same round is far too good. Get your second attack skelebros!

Really weird that Staff of the Necromancer didn't make it into the game. It's a quarterstaff that makes weapons of Animate Dead skeletons into +3 swords. It was present in Kingmaker, and the item itself is in the game files, but it's not available without Toybox. You'd think they'd put it somewhere for the liches.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Started my Lich playthrough, now that EE is out. Thought Nenio would be obsolete in my party, but I think she'll stay as a permanent fixture. Summoning skelebros and having Nenio cast Haste in the same round is far too good. Get your second attack skelebros!

Really weird that Staff of the Necromancer didn't make it into the game. It's a quarterstaff that makes weapons of Animate Dead skeletons into +3 swords. It was present in Kingmaker, and the item itself is in the game files, but it's not available without Toybox. You'd think they'd put it somewhere for the liches.
Skeletons become useless very soon and you will not need Nenio once you get your Lich spells.

Humbaba

Arcane
What's the unironic damage report for the EE? How many game breaking bugs are there?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom