Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yeah but I gave it to Galfrey - I dunno, I usually prioritize that kind of quest-related stuff, I kindda sperg about that stuff

My brother, oh but thou art a simp. :negative:

But in seriousness, that was a huge mistake, because the aura from that item makes your life so much easier during the early-ish to mid-game. It allows you to bypass pretty much all DR on all Demons you'll encounter at that point. Later on when you start getting +3 weapons and such it's no longer as impressive, but it's stupid good in CH2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah but I gave it to Galfrey - I dunno, I usually prioritize that kind of quest-related stuff, I kindda sperg about that stuff

My brother, oh but thou art a simp. :negative:

But in seriousness, that was a huge mistake, because the aura from that item makes your life so much easier during the early-ish to mid-game. It allows you to bypass pretty much all DR on all Demons you'll encounter at that point. Later on when you start getting +3 weapons and such it's no longer as impressive, but it's stupid good in CH2.

All my characters penetrate all DR in some fashion or another. It's only my MC's natural attacks that are an issue, and I could just pick up Brutality Incarnate for that

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
For most of the life of the game DR could be bypassed with Magic Weapon, Greater but I've heard that that's been fixed. You've also got things like Bless Weapon for a similar effect and eventually native Weapon enhancements get high enough to bypass it.

Most of my guys have no DR issues, it's only my MC's natural attacks basically

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
All my characters penetrate all DR in some fashion or another. It's only my MC's natural attacks that are an issue, and I could just pick up Brutality Incarnate for that

You could, but that means trading a Mythic Ability for something that can be done by an Item on the belt Slot.

And seeing as how you're on Unfair, I'd get Last Stand on my MC ASAP.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Amulet of Mighty Fists +3 should solve this issue, and first one for sale only appears at the beginning of Chapter 3. But holy shit, giving away an item that is vital for your MC's build for the... fucking romance points!

PS you could give it to her later anyway, in Chapter 3 for example.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Amulet of Mighty Fists +3 should solve this issue, and first one for sale only appears at the beginning of Chapter 3. But holy shit, giving away an item that is vital for your MC's build for the... fucking romance points!

PS you could give it to her later anyway, in Chapter 3 for example.
He is actually right. He is playing blind, and yes, exactly such weird decisions can open hidden paths. In this case it is not that valuable, but we know it by experience and / or spoilers, and he does not.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
He's not doing it for romance. Typical Euro simping for von der Leyen/Pelosi types. Look at the poor Finns and Kiwis. Though I think Galfrey's more a Kissinger.

For most of the life of the game DR could be bypassed with Magic Weapon, Greater but I've heard that that's been fixed. You've also got things like Bless Weapon for a similar effect and eventually native Weapon enhancements get high enough to bypass it.

Most of my guys have no DR issues, it's only my MC's natural attacks basically
Until you get another Relic in ch3 Natural Attacks on player are sadly undersupported (Crusader's Edge works on pets but not for players for instance). For some reason Magic Fang was stacking with Fists Amulet in DLC so that could help.

user

Savant
A passive (planned 24h) level drain could really help my lich in some fights. But it being a cool spell is the real reason I want it. Alas, it does not work even when unbuffed (I think ice body for instance prevents it). I am a dhampir, don't know if that's the reason.

What's your game version? In the one I first started with (1.34), Eyes of the Bodak was bugged and did not work at all. It was later fixed in 1.37.

Given how long it took Owlcat to fix it (check when 1.37 was released compared to the initial first release), it's entirely possible something is really fucky about that Spell, and if you're on EE, they might've broken it again.

Yeah apparently they broke it again, except if something relevant to the race prevents it. I am on the latest EE with all DLCs.

user

Savant
What I am thinking and looking for ideas is solo DLC3 run (with XP sharing off). Thinking Swarm since that one is made for being alone. But that one is only gained at high mythic level (7?) so what should I do before then?
Another option would be Legend.
What character/class and starting Mythic do you recommend until then? Trickster to get feats?

Would like to know too. Not sure what the swarm mechanics are - is there any class that supports them well like ranged/melee? Or would a mage with transformation work just as well?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Align weapon from cleric level 2 spells works on the unmodded game for natural attacks.

Yeah I’m using that. Just doesn’t do anything against cold iron stuff.

Honestly it speaks to how great the build ended up that he’s still my most efficient damage dealer despite that. He just has so many fucking attacks

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I know mages are most powerful, but I wanted to try them all. Seems like it's not going to be that hard anyway
Honestly I'd recommend ditching the mage entirely. Levels matter quite a lot on generals, and the ranger won't be fun unless its leveled. But yeah, not having a mage just takes it from "lololo beat every fight without even moving a stack" to "beat every fight without any permanent losses, but at least a modicum of strategy was involved". At the same time, trying to fight stuff like gargoyles "fair" is an exercise in tedium.

Desiderius

Patron
I know mages are most powerful, but I wanted to try them all. Seems like it's not going to be that hard anyway
Honestly I'd recommend ditching the mage entirely. Levels matter quite a lot on generals, and the ranger won't be fun unless its leveled. But yeah, not having a mage just takes it from "lololo beat every fight without even moving a stack" to "beat every fight without any permanent losses, but at least a modicum of strategy was involved". At the same time, trying to fight stuff like gargoyles "fair" is an exercise in tedium.
Gargs have DR. If you can't bypass DR what are you even doing? Cleric Smite for starters but if you get the +2 damage ability on any general you can also power through it pretty fast. Ranger General gets a DR bypass spell.

Why do people feel compelled to opine on shit before they even read the abilities?

Mage is a little too good but not strictly better for every fight. Would be nice if there were more matchups where the advantages of each General (and the kind of units they support) mattered more, but those advantages are there.

Desiderius

Patron
Lining up a Dragonheir Scion Demon -> Gold Dragon run. Any advice on Demon?

ArchAngel

Arcane
What I am thinking and looking for ideas is solo DLC3 run (with XP sharing off). Thinking Swarm since that one is made for being alone. But that one is only gained at high mythic level (7?) so what should I do before then?
What character/class and starting Mythic do you recommend until then? Trickster to get feats?

Would like to know too. Not sure what the swarm mechanics are - is there any class that supports them well like ranged/melee? Or would a mage with transformation work just as well?
I just checked and yea you cannot turn off XP sharing :(
There goes my idea for solo play unless I just plan to run Invisible and just fight bosses. Maybe I try something like 2, 3 or 4 man parties instead for additional challenge.
I rather play with less characters on Core than go upper difficulty. Just plain stat bonuses for all enemies puts all balance between our and their stats out of whack and goes against how classes are designed.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The rogue-like is really awesome for testing classes. I am trying to check Desiderius complains about Kineticists - and it really does allow to feel many mechanics in a short time. And 1.4.4g seems to be working fine, albeit there is one hilarious graphic glitch with the kinetic blade.

Desiderius

Patron
Complaints lol.

I’m doing your job for free. And Average Manatee is the one who found it in any case. Several people have reported Burnout bug as well.

Desiderius

Patron

I just checked and yea you cannot turn off XP sharing :(
There goes my idea for solo play unless I just plan to run Invisible and just fight bosses. Maybe I try something like 2, 3 or 4 man parties instead for additional challenge.
I rather play with less characters on Core than go upper difficulty. Just plain stat bonuses for all enemies puts all balance between our and their stats out of whack and goes against how classes are designed.
Design for minimal reloads. That opens up the other half (or 90%) of the abilities savescummers neglect and delays the ones that give you the stat boosts you claim to deplore.

The additional enemy behaviors and additional enemies settings are a good way to up the difficulty without stat adjustments (I think the former is normally not on in core). It's a shame that there's not a 3rd tier for additional enemies. Also would be nice if rather than pure stat adjustments on higher difficulties enemies would instead get an extra level or two.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Martial demon is pretty straightforward, just pick the aspects that either boost attacks or saves, and physical attributes or wisdom (attribute and skill buffs are always on outside demonic rage).

Demonic charge doesn't allow a full attack, so it might possibly be worth grabbing Vital Strike if you have enough feats spare.

You also get some good buffs in the spellbook, Enlarge, Mirror Image etc.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Martial demon is pretty straightforward, just pick the aspects that either boost attacks or saves, and physical attributes or wisdom (attribute and skill buffs are always on outside demonic rage).

Demonic charge doesn't allow a full attack, so it might possibly be worth grabbing Vital Strike if you have enough feats spare.

You also get some good buffs in the spellbook, Enlarge, Mirror Image etc.

Looking at the Demon tree from a Martial perspective (which I'm playing - sadly can't offer advice because I'm too early), it looks like Demon might be even better for casters. It's actually sort of an interesting spin on caster buffs

Desiderius

Patron
Hard to beat Merge or Favorable but it seems like it gets tools too. Trickster has nothing and Aeon not much.

Desiderius

Patron
Big thing my Scion will be doing is Standard Dazzling with infinite Intimidate so maybe Demon Leap into Dazzling then slay with Bites, Wings, etc…

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom